• Published 14th Jan 2016
  • 787 Views, 1 Comments

Without Your Cutie Marks - SammyRosePony



What if Starlight Glimmer was able to get away with the Mane Six's cutie marks?

  • ...
 1
 787

Prologue

“Let’s get our cutie marks back,” Double Diamond called out to the citizens of the village. Their cutie marks have been held captive in a cave in the mountains. They have decided to return to their old way of life, the way before they met Starlight Glimmer. What exactly made them want to get their cutie marks back? With the help of Princess Twilight Sparkle and her five friends. These ponies who represent the Elements of Harmony helped these villagers see the light again. Unfortunately, these six ponies didn’t have their cutie marks.

“Come on. Let’s go get our cutie marks,” said Rainbow Dash.

“Our cutie marks are not in the cave,” started Fluttershy. “There in there, with her.” Fluttershy pointed to the cottage at the end. All the cottages in the village were lined up in a way that created an equal sign. There was one cottage that stood alone at the center end of the village. This cottage was Starlight Glimmer’s.

Starlight Glimmer looked out the window of her cottage. She disliked the idea of her villagers getting their marks back. She had created a society where everypony was equal. In her mind, she created “harmony”. Though she had lied to the villagers by not giving up her own cutie mark, she believed what was ‘right’ for Equestria. “They think they can come here and disrupt my life?” Starlight picked up six jars with her magic, six jars that contained the six ponies’ cutie marks. “Let’s see how they enjoy the rest of their lives without their precious cutie marks.” Starlight ran down stairs that were hidden under her bed.

Outside, the Elements of Harmony were trying to break in the cottage. Since they didn’t have their cutie marks, they didn’t have their usual strength. Even Applejack, possibly the strongest of the six, couldn’t break the door down. There was a whistle, a whistle that lead the six ponies to four other ponies. These four ponies were Double Diamond, Party Favor, Sugar Belle, and Night Glider. “Watch out everypony,” Night Glider yelled as she flew towards the door of the cottage. Having had gotten her cutie mark back, Night Glider’s strength came back as well. All of the ponies ran inside in search of the cutie marks.

“They were right over there,” Fluttershy called out pointing at the shelf that once held six jars with cutie marks. That’s when they all noticed the bed. It was flipped over and revealed a secret passage way. All ten ponies went through the secret passage way. When they got to the end, they realized it lead them towards the mountains.

They all couldn’t really see anything up there. That’s when Party Favor looked at his cutie mark. He had remembered his special talent. He gathered up some balloons and twisted them to make binoculars. He looked through them and spotted Starlight in the mountains. “There she is,” he said. Starlight had obtained a cart to haul the cutie marks in.

“These are amazing,” Pinkie Pie said as she looked through the balloon binoculars.”

“There’s a whole channel of caves up there. Your cutie marks will be lost forever,” Sugar Belle explained.

“Then let’s go get them,” yelled Rainbow Dash. Double Diamond, Party Favor, Sugar Belle, and Night Glider all ran as fast as they could. Rainbow Dash was trying to fly as fast as she could, but she was going slower than walking speed. She looked down and saw that her friends were walking as well. “Oh come on,” she yelled.

The four ponies ran through many twist and turns on the mountains, but they were able to catch up to Starlight. “Are you really going to give up everything because of some strangers,” Starlight asked in anger.

“We gave up everything for you because we thought you were our friend,” replied Sugar Belle.

“I can’t believe we have to count on these other ponies to save our cutie marks for us,” Rainbow Dash said in slight anger.

“If it weren’t for us, they’d still be living under her rule. Now it’s their turn to help us,” Twilight said.

The four ponies were still chasing after Starlight. Sugar Belle looked down at her cutie mark and remembered her special talent. She was meant to bake something other than those horrible muffins Starlight forced her to make in the village. Sugar Belle used her unicorn magic to create a pie out of the snow. “My newest recipe, Snow Pie,” she said as she threw it at Starlight. It didn’t hit her, but it hit the cart which mad it break. The jars fell down the mountain, but Starlight was able to catch them with her magic. Once she had the cutie marks back in with her, she used her magic to destroy the bridge made of rock that connected two of the mountains. Double Diamond and Sugar Belle nearly fell of the mountains. Both of them had no idea how they were going to get across. Suddenly, they heard the sound of balloons being blown up behind them. Party Favor had blown up enough balloons to form them into a bridge. Night Glider then came in to put the bridge in place. Once the bridge was in place, Double Diamond, Party Favor, and Sugar Belle bounced across it.

They continued running until Double Diamond noticed something in the snow. “Woah, these are my old skis.” A memory then came into his mind. “This is where I first met Starlight.”

“Maybe you can reminisce another time,” said Night Glider. “She’s almost to the caves.”

Double Diamond grabbed his skis and thought of an idea. “Ready for an air drop?”

While Sugar Belle and Party Favor continued running after Starlight, Night Glider gave Double Diamond a lift. She then dropped him on the snow. Double Diamond had planned to trap Starlight in the snow, causing her to drop the jars and the cutie marks going back to the Elements of Harmony. Unfortunately, his plan didn’t make it all the way. He was so close to trapping Starlight, but she used her magic to break through the snow. She then ran into the caves. That’s when the four ponies stopped.

Soon after, Twilight and her friends arrived at the cave that Starlight had entered. “W-Where is she,” asked Twilight.

“She got away,” Double Diamond said.

“What,” all six ponies yelled.

“What do you mean she got away,” Rainbow asked in fear more than anger.

“She got away,” Night Glider explained. “She ran into the caves, and we’ll never find her in there.”

“We’re so so so sorry,” said Sugar Belle.

“We tried, but we failed,” said Party Favor.

“It’s alright,” said Twilight. “I just don’t know what to do at this point. I mean we did what I think the map wanted us to do, but now we don’t have our cutie marks.”

The four ponies looked at the other six. They looked exhausted. They had to get them somewhere quick. Suddenly, a thought came into Night Glider’s head. “You know Princess Celestia right?”

“Yes of course,” said Twilight. “I was her student. Why?”

“If we take this up to Princess Celestia, she could help us.”

“That’s actually not a bad idea.”

“And we can get Princess Luna to help,” said Rarity.

“Yeah. My brother and Cadence are supposed to be in Canterlot this week, so they can possibly help too.”

“Okay,” said Night Glider. “Off to Canterlot.”

Author's Note:

Most (pretty much all) of this chapter is basically the chase scene from The Cutie Map Part 2. Well that's where I wanted my story to start.:twilightsmile: Will Starlight get away with their cutie marks forever? Thank you all for reading:pinkiehappy:

Comments ( 1 )

Why the cancellation?

Login or register to comment