• Published 19th Jan 2016
  • 558 Views, 2 Comments

The Legacy of Ouija Star Part I: The Silver Soul Family - OuijaSilverstar



A son with cancer, a father crippled for life, a marriage that fell apart and a wish coming true. Follow the events of a family in a new world and bodies, piecing their relationships back together to overcome their past sins and fight evil.

  • ...
 2
 558

The Silver Soul Family Part II

Chapter 8: The Silver Soul Family: Part II

We arrived back in Equestria safe and sound in an infirmary wing in the castle. I looked over at Luna and doubled over on my knees, dry heaving.

“We warned thou to hold thy breath.”

“Forgot...about that little...detail,” I gasped. Nausea passed and I pushed myself to my hooves. I noticed most of my family sleeping on beds, not transformed. It made me curious.

“Hey, why are they not transformed yet?”

“We’re waiting until they wake up,” Luna quelled my suspicions, “When they do, we’ll ask them for a form for them to transform into.”

“Where’s dad?”

“Asleep in the other wing; Celestia already asked him what form he’ll be taking. He’ll be the one with the green fur and black mane.”

“What species?”

“Pegasus.”

“Really? Didn’t expect that. I thought he was going to be a Dragon or a Griffion.”

“Go see him for yourself.”

I nodded and left the wing in search of where my Dad slept. I zoomed through the halls in a full gallop, the clopping of my hooves echoed in the empty corridor. For about five to ten minutes I roamed, unsure if I was going in the right direction.

‘Should’ve asked for a map,’ I thought, annoyed.

‘Are you lost, Stone?’

‘No...yes.’

‘From where thou art, take two lefts and then a right. Head straight until you hit a door at the end of the hall.’

‘Got it. Thank you for the directions.’

‘Anytime, Stone.’

I took the route laid out by Luna and made my way to the other end of the hall. I opened the door to see Celestia standing next to the bed where the army green pegasus rested.

“Will you do the honors, Stone?” she gestured towards the sleeping stallion. I nodded and used the spell to reverse the sleeping spell’s effects. He slowly came to, shutting his eyes painfully from the bright lights. He opened them again and looked at me with those same colored eyes from when he was human. He smiled at me, possibly from the fact that he has legs again.

He got out of the bed but fell flat on his face from attempting to stand on his hind legs. He shakily stood up and cracked his neck.

“Well, dad, how do you feel?”

The smile grew on his face to the point where he could rival the Jack Nicholson Joker.

“I feel like the same way I was the day you were born,” he said before jumping backward out of a window, shattering the thick glass. I rushed to the open windowsill to see my dad already knowing how to use his wings. I scratched my head in confusion as he did all manners of tricks from the loop-de-loop to the aileron roll. I swear he could give Rainbow Dash a run for her money. He was obviously overjoyed as I heard him whooping and hollering as he flew by the open window.

“He seems grateful for his new gift,” Celestia pointed out.

“Obviously. Haven’t seen him this happy when he jumped his motorcycle over Bare-Ass Beach years ago.”

“What’s a motorcycle?”

“It’s like a bike, but it has a motor that spins the chain around to make it go faster than you can peddle.”

“Interesting,” was all she said.

“I’m just glad he can fend for himself one-hundred percent of the time again.”

He flew back in through the window and chuckled.

“You look as if you have had those things all your life.”

“Well, I had some practice in that dream world you once told me about.”

“Surprised to hear that; never thought you would actually try that.”

“Speaking of which, where’s everybody else?”

“They’re asleep in another medical wing,” I pointed outside the room, “They weren’t converted yet.”

Celestia cringed and had a worried look on her face. She stumbled a bit but caught herself on the edge of the empty bed. I rushed to help her back up and looked more closely at her face.

“Celestia, you alright?” I asked, “You seem a tad bit paler than usual.’

“I sense a disturbance is about to unfold. Where is Twilight?”

“Princess Celestia!” Twilight called out as she burst through the door with Spike on her back. She stopped as soon as she seen my dad.

“Liam, who’s this?”

“Oh, this is my dad,-”

“Uh,” he stalled.

‘Dad, do you have a name?’

‘How are you reading my thoughts?’

‘Don’t dodge the question; do you have a name?’

‘Yes.’

‘Then say it!’

“My name is, Mustang Silversoul.”

“Pleased to meet you,” she curtsied before letting Spike off her back. He looked at dad, then back to me, then back to him. He held a claw to his chin, thinking.

“You two have the same mane color and eye colors, are you Liam’s father?”

“Why yes I am, and you are?”

“Spike; Twilight’s assistant.”

‘And a Dragon,’ I mentally added to him.

‘Dragons exist in this world?’

'Yes.'

‘Kick ass!’

“Well, what now?”

“YOUR MAJESTY!” A guard stormed into the room, panting heavily and slightly stumbling from exhaustion.

“What seems to be the problem, Sargeant?”

“Few members of the Guard just brought back a few bodies,” he gasped, “Few were burnt to a crisp and most of them had round wounds all over their bodies. We extracted brass cylinders from the wounds, but we haven’t figured out what kind of weapons killed them.”

Didn’t take long until the next problem reared its ugly head. I walked over to the Guard to gather information from him regarding my potential escaped target.

“Did any of you catch a glimpse of any potential suspects?”

“There was a small dragon,” he explained, “About four times the size of that little one, there. He wore some kind of armor and a large battle axe.”

“Tell me that ain’t it?”

“There was a stallion in a military uniform with black sunglasses accompanying him.”

“Herureiza.”

“That was the same pony we fought on the train,” Twilight reminded me.

“The same pony you let get away,” I growled.

“He was luring you into a trap!” she retorted, raising her voice at me. My anger quickly faded, knowing she was right.

“Yeah,” I agreed, “I’m reckless; sue me.”

“Uh, Liam?” Dad asked, “What the hell happened while you were here?”

I sighed in frustration as I retold my whole story uncut this time.


When I was done, all he did was a nod at me with a puzzling look.

“Liam, may I have a word with you?” Celestia pulled me to the less crowded area of the room to get my full attention.

“So, did you find anything out about the Kentucky Fried Guards?”

“Yes; their bodies were found next to the waterfall at the base of the mountain. I fear they might be making up for their failed mass murder attempt.”

“When can I and dad deploy?”

“I have been informed about his experience in this “Marine Corps,” just be sure you two come back safe and be sure to capture them without killing them.”

“Your Majesty, with all due respect but, why the hell would you want them alive?”

“I want them to be brought to justice and be held accountable for 26 accounts of First-Degree Capital Murder of Equestrian Royal Guards, Hijacking a train, 4 counts of attempted murder, Reckless Endangerment, Robbery, Grand Theft and High Treason.”

I thought over my two choices. Killing them would ensure they will not harm another soul and scatter the rest of the terrorists. Capturing them and holding a trial could leave Celestia and Luna vulnerable for a surprise attack, but if all goes well, their execution will set an example for the rest of them to turn themselves in or die to fight.

“However,” she went on, catching my attention once more, “If it should come to it, use lethal force as a last resort.”

“Understood.”

I walked past everypony and out the door, Twilight and the rest followed suit. The gang caught up to me in the hallway, wondering what Celestia told me.

“Liam, what’s going on?” Twilight wondered.

“Okay, turns out the rest of the ponies that were thrown off the train are regrouping at the base of the mountain to march back up to attack Canterlot.”

“Interesting, so what’s the plan?” Dad questioned with curiosity.

“We capture the two suspects, the rest will scatter. Dad, since you’re more skilled in flying than I am, I need you to provide me aerial support. We can contact with each other with a one-way Thought Speech Spell.”

“Reminds me of nano communications.”

Halfway to the castle gate, a muffled boom shook the castle, knocking everypony off balance except for me and Dad. We looked at each other and ran to the window to assess where the noise came from. Outside above the city were two pirate ships held up by massive balloons.

“Well, shit,” Dad nonchalantly observed.

“Change of plans. Dad, can you fight alongside the other Pegasi guards?”

He lightly chuckled and flared his wings.

“You even have to ask me?”

He leaped into the air and rocketed off through the window into the fray, shouting random profanity. Spike scratched his head in confusion.

“Don’t ask,” I insisted them, “He’s just excited to have his legs back.”

As we made it into the lobby, we noticed scores of Royal Guards racing through the main gate. Shining Armor was standing at the top of the staircase in full gear, observing every soldier leaving the castle. He noticed us and held his hoof out at us.

“Hey! You four need to get back into the throne room,” He commanded, “We’re under attack!”

“I ain’t backing away from this; I got unfinished business with a couple of these bastards.”

“Okay, but stay away from the front lines; leave that to us.”

I turned to Twilight, holding both her shoulders with my hooves.

“Twilight, you and Spike protect Celestia while I find Herureiza.”

“No; It’s too dangerous!”

“How many times have I done this?”

She fell silent and looked away, hesitant on supporting my plan.

“Okay,” she gave in, “Just don’t get too hot-headed.”

I gave her a quick peck on the cheek and followed the rest of the Guards in the lobby out into the urban chaos.

Author's Note:

Hello, my fellow Bronies. Had yet even more issues the past few months. Still getting through them and cranking these chapters out as quickly as I can.

That could be a bad thing, though if I am doing this as fast as I can, but I digress.

Enjoy!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment