• Published 19th Jan 2016
  • 557 Views, 2 Comments

The Legacy of Ouija Star Part I: The Silver Soul Family - OuijaSilverstar



A son with cancer, a father crippled for life, a marriage that fell apart and a wish coming true. Follow the events of a family in a new world and bodies, piecing their relationships back together to overcome their past sins and fight evil.

  • ...
 2
 557

An Unrefusable Offer

Chapter 1: An Unrefusable Offer

I sat there in my hospital bed, looking out the window. The sun was about to go down, which meant another night alone and shivering throughout. An IV was in my wrist so the symptoms weren't so intense. My name is Collin Stone. I'm just an 18-Year-Old young man who just graduated from High School. Sadly, I have terminal Leukemia that's scheduled to claim my life in less than a year. I'm too weak to walk for any longer than a few minutes, so I'm mostly bedridden in the hospital.

My parents have been apart for 7 years now and I barely see my younger brother and sister since they live with my mother. My father was a U.S. Marine Officer who served for 21 years. During one of his tours in the Middle East, most of his platoon was killed in a terrorist bombing. He lost both his legs and spent the last 7 years in a wheelchair, yet he still serves, but is stuck with a desk job. Better than nothing. My life hasn't been the greatest, so I welcome death with open arms. In a sense, I'm knocking on Heaven's door.

My hair is short and spiky, much like Sid Viscous' hair except that the tips of the spikes are white. My eyes, however are Heterochromeric. My left eye is green while my right is blue. My dad has Heterochromia as well, but his eye colors are swapped. Thankfully, my younger siblings don't have that. My eyesight is terrible and I have to wear small rounded glasses. They're black-rimmed with a red tint; something to go along with my usual wardrobe.

I don't recall having many friends during my time in High School; I'm a Goth so, many people stayed away from be because of reasons. Maybe that reason is that I was only one of two Goths in a school in a very Conservative neighborhood and never heard a Marilyn Manson song in their life. That other Goth was a girl my age named Madelyn Archer. We met Freshman year and dated ever since, up until before Junior year ended when she committed suicide and I was blamed for it. The charges were dropped due to lack of evidence and the accusation was classified as discriminatory profiling. About a week later, that's when I was diagnosed with Leukemia with an estimated two years to live. Another gut punch to add to the list of bullshit I had to go through in my short life.

Strangely enough, to go with my interests that were questionable at best by others who weren't knowledgeable of Goths, I was drawn to a certain TV show. That show was My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I watched the series up until the recent season finale and I enjoyed every moment of it. It was the only thing keeping me from killing myself and the fans called "Bronies" were actually helpful and nice. I should've found them earlier since they are a group that accepts all, even someone like me. When I browsed the Fanfiction stories, I found deeper love for the show. I never found a group more devoted to their media than any other group; not even MM fans had the same level of devotion.

I wish a night like this came sooner than Maddi's suicide.

My iPhone vibrated on a nearby table. I reached over to see what it was and it was my dad. I swiped across to answer it and placed it to my ear. "Hello?" I asked.

"Hey Collin."

"Hi Dad."

"How are you doing?"

"Aside from being in an arranged marriage to death's daughter, I'm all right."

"Even on your deathbed, you're still cracking jokes. Sorry I couldn't visit you tonight; I just have too much paper work to do and they're working me overtime because of the recent bombing."

"Seems this world is going deeper into the rabbit hole of chaos."

"Tell me about it."

"Still get phantom pains?"

"Not anymore; it only took a few years, but damn, still pisses me off, though."

"They do have you leading in investigations. Good luck getting through all that paperwork."

"Thanks. I got to go; be sure to get some rest."

"Will do. Bye."

"...bye."

I shut off my phone and placed it back on the table next to me and turned to look at the moon. If there's one thing that always gave me comfort was the night sky. There was something about it that drawn me to it, but I just can't tell what it is. I then thought of Princess Luna, the alicorn princess of the night from MLP and my favorite character to say the least. The entire history to her in the show and her overall personality kind of reflects me in a way. The nurse that helps me around the hospital, got me a Luna plushie on my 18th birthday that was about a month ago. Even now as an adult, I still have a teddy bear, in a sense (Don't Judge). Just a little something to comfort me before I die. I looked up at the moon "Your world is so perfect and happy. I wish that I had the luxury of living there." I fell asleep shortly after.


A ghostly voice echoed through the room, waking me up. The strangest thing was that i wasn't in my room, but in a corridor, sitting down with my back against the wall. It seemed like a white light illuminated the entire thing and looking like a fog machine was on non-stop. The floor was white as well, but had black tribal markings with some red pentagrams in the empty spaces.

"Stone..." a distant female voice called out from the fog "Collin Stone..." What the hell was that!?

"Hello!?"

"You do not have much time; come forth to me, immediately!"

A dream; I can walk once more. Why am I dreaming of a demonic foggy corridor? I must have played too much Persona. Still, I am curious to see how deep this imaginative rabbit hole goes. I pushed myself to my feet and began running towards the source of the voice. What the hell is going on? Why am I in this godforsaken hallway? Is it a vision? Only one way to find out. I stopped at heavy-looking metal double doors. I pushed them open and walked into an open...room?

"Collin Stone" the female-like voice shot through the fog. In the fog was a silhouette of what looked like a unicorn with wings.

"Who's there!?"

"Please, there is no time to explain."

"Why?"

"Thou have less than an hour to live before your cancer claims thine life."

"Who are you!? How do you know I have cancer!?"

"We art out of time, we will meet thou again soon."

The silhouette faded along with some of the fog ahead, giving a brief glimpse of a ladder at the end of the room. My heartrate started to accelerate as I sensed something from atop of where that ladder leads to...something. Whatever it was, it was growling and panting "I...HUNGER...I...NEED...SOULS!!!" the demonic voice boomed from above "GIVE...ME...YOURS!!!"

Of all the scenarios and all of the things that could be created in this realm, it had to be this. On pure instinct, I turned tail and ran from the room as far as I could. The farther I went, more and more blood I could see on the walls and speaking of which, the path becomes more narrow as I went on. I eventually stopped at a dead end...A DEAD END!? I can't get away...damn thing...am I going to die in my dream? I saw a silhouette leap towards me before everything faded to black.

(Stop Music)


I shot out of my sleep in a cold sweat. Breathing heavily, I recollected what the hell happened when I was asleep. The horse-like creature told me that she would meet me again before I die. Her voice was very familiar, though. I just can't put my finger on it, but it is definitely familiar. I heard sounds of hoofs clip-clopping down the hall towards the door of my room. The door slowly opened up and what came through was the same silhouette from the dream. Either this is dream within a dream or I'm tripping out on a heavy dosage of painkillers. I opened the blinds to the room to illuminate the figure to give me a clearer obervation. Holy mother of ass, it's Princess Fucking Luna!

"So, we finally meet Mr. Stone. I am the Princess of the Night and watcher of dreams, Princess Luna."

"Y-you know me?"

"Yes; I watched you wake many people from their long sleeps in the dream world, I'm impressed."

"Wait, those people and world I thought I made up to ease the pain to my cancer was really a connection of consciousness?"

"Those humans were real and that world was a collection and combination of you and your 'friends' memories."

"So that whole scenario with the whole tower and nightmares and the whole being killed in dream die in reality was true?"

"Every last detail. Since we can't influence any dreams outside of our dimension, we could only observe and your sacrifice was very chivalrous. Shame that you had to give up a year of the two that you had left to make it happen."

"So, I'm going to die in the hour? That explains everything being heavy."

"We assure you, this is no dream; you are in reality, talking to us."

I really am going to die. Well I was to begin with, cancer or no cancer, but in the passing hour? Damn, I didn't even write a friggin' Will. I really sacrificed my last year to live to wake those people up from their comas? This is nuts; the rabbit hole keeps going deeper and straight through China, by now.

"It's still crazy that I get to meet you, Luna."

"I'm sorry that your life has been cut short."

"I had cancer; I was going to die, anyways."

She looked over and noticed the plush next to me and blushed slightly. "O-oh. We see that you are fond of us; We're flattered."

"She kept me warm through the nights, those were the hardest without it. So I take it that you aren't just here to thank me in my love for your night and waking those people up?"

"Correct. Me and my sister watched you and your family for the past year. It's depressing to think that war and tragedy can break a family apart. Since you're about to die, what would be thine dying wish?"

"I wish...I wish to go with you to Equestria, but...I can't leave my family behind or what's left of it."

"It's okay, Stone. You'll be coming with us to Equestria."

"Why choose me? Out of all the people in the world who know about you, your sister and all of Equestria, yet you pick the Goth that's dying of Lukemia?"

"The compassion and social bonds you made with those people while in that dream world inspired us and our sister. We welcome you into our world. It took some time deciding and deep moral discussion between us and, we know that you are kind to your family and you tried to piece them back together. It tugs at our heartstrings, knowing that. We know that you would mean no harm to us in our world, but..."

"You and your sister have no idea what they might do if they were in Equestria? I can take care of that, if I didn't have the blood cancer."

"We understand the pain you are going through, at least not for being imprisoned in the moon for a millenia like we had."

"I just want them to bury the hatchet with one another, so we can go back to being a loving family like the good old days."

"Bruised hearts can still beat. You need to have them fix their issues themselves; have them talk it out. It's a corrupted world, you and your family live in and I feel deep empathy for thou."

"Don't really know the point of going to Equestria if I'm going to die seconds after."

"That's why the bodies of you and your family will be changed to...suit our world, more or less."

"So my family would be coming along? You are able to find them? Would my clothes change to my body type, then? Would I be able to bring my devices along?"

"Yes, yes, yes and yes."

"Cool, let me slip into my normal threads."

With the last of my strength, I managed to slowly removed the IV from my arm and waddled over to the drawers that kept my clothes in. I got dressed and sat down on the bed. While I was changing, Luna was looking the other way, blushing. I wore torn up black cargo pants with black worn-out steel-toed boots, a fishnet muscle shirt with a black leather jacket over it, a dog collar with a combo lock hanging from the center and my glasses. The princess of the night turned around to look at me and her expression turned into a mix of confusion and blush. Definitely the usual reaction I get from others, kind of annoying, seeing it for the few hundreth time. "Your wardrobe choices are...interesting" she commented "That's what you mean by Goth."

"Yeah...well...I'm ready to go."

"Okay, hold still."

Her horn glowed in a dark blue aura, consuming my entire body. My vision flashed to white and I blacked out, unaware of the the events that are about to unfold.