• Published 19th Jan 2016
  • 558 Views, 2 Comments

The Legacy of Ouija Star Part I: The Silver Soul Family - OuijaSilverstar



A son with cancer, a father crippled for life, a marriage that fell apart and a wish coming true. Follow the events of a family in a new world and bodies, piecing their relationships back together to overcome their past sins and fight evil.

  • ...
 2
 558

The Silver Soul Family Part I

Chapter 7: The Silver Soul Family: Part I

The light faded and I fell flat on my face onto the cold dark road. I stood up and rubbed my muzzle in pain. I looked up to see Luna ease down onto the ground with her wings.

“Don’t bother trying to joke about my blunder; it will fall flat on its face,” I joked.

Luna lightly chuckled. I looked around my surroundings. I was back on Earth, no doubt, but nowhere near my old house. We appeared at a four-way intersection in the same development I grew up in. Luna grew curious but had a good way of hiding it. I could only sense her curiosity by secretly reading her mind.

‘So this is what Stone’s neighborhood looks like,’ she thought, ‘The colors and architecture are very depressing, though.’

“Now you know how I felt every time I laid eyes on this place.”

Luna jumped at my sudden display of empathy.

“We didn’t know thou can read our mind.”

“I’m getting the hang of this whole magic thing. It’s almost like I was born for it.”

“We should talk to Celestia about it, then,” She suggested, “When you convince your father to join us and return to Equestria, we can help you solve that mystery.”

“Until now, let’s find my dad. He should be at my old home.”

“Where is it?”

“We’re on Lunar Drive, so if I remember correctly, the number 666 should be on either one of the mailboxes and/or on the front door.”

“Okay; let’s go.”

We continued down the middle of the street. Thankfully in the middle of the night, there is practically no cars on the road and everyone must be already in bed, so they won’t see two colorful magical Alicorns prancing around in the middle of the street. As we went down the rows of look-alike houses, the address numbers decreased from the 1500’s down. We eventually made it to 666 and noticed a light protruding from one of the windows. We walked up to the door and stopped.

“Do you know an ‘unlocking the door’ spell?”

“Of course,” She said, beaming with joy over that knowledge, “Just stand back.”

“You’re not going to kick in the door, are you?”

“No; why would you think of a silly claim like that?”

Her horn lit up and pointed to the keyhole. The lock loudly clicked and the door opened with ease. I’m relieved she didn’t go for the loud Rambo approach or use her traditional Royal Canterlot Voice. I swear she would make a decent Dragonborn Cosplay.

I closed the door behind me, to keep suspicions at a minimum as I’m only here to get my dad to Equestria. I have some concerns, though. I wonder how a 21-year Marine Veteran with PTSD would react to a world filled with cutesy ponies. I would laugh if he would like it and accept it.

We made it to the room where it was the only lit place in the house. A middle-aged man in a military officer’s uniform, sleeping at his desk with the lamp still on. The desk itself was unorganized, the papers, pens, and folders were all over the place. I also noticed my obituary cut out from a newspaper at the corner. I levitated it to my level to read it:

Collin “Elliot” Stone
1997 - 2016

Collin Stone 18, passed away in his sleep at Charming Medical Center on November 14, 2016, in Charming, Pennsylvania a month shy of his 19th birthday. He was born on December 14th, 1997 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

He moved to Charming when he was 11 following his parents' divorce. Stone enjoyed music, especially when it was from Marilyn Manson. He had a girlfriend named Madelyn Archer, who died of suicide a year prior to his death. He graduated from Charming High School months before his death.

Survivors include his father, Captain David Stone of the USMC, his mother, Aki Stone, his younger brother, Timothy Stone and his younger sister, Tiffany Stone.

He was preceded in death by his family. His cause of death was of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. He was expected to live for another year but tragically passed away early.

Funeral services will be held on November 16th.

My head sank low, looking away from the depressed Marine. Luna walked in and I handed the paper to her. She read the whole obituary, getting more depressed the more she read.

“You didn’t convert my body, did you?” I asked her, slightly upset.

“I tried to use your body, but it was too badly damaged.”

“So, you lied to me!?” I growled, inching closer to her, backing her into a corner. I sighed and turned my back when the thought of it left my mind, “There’s no use in arguing about it, now; it should be water under the bridge, but what about this body?”

“What art thou getting at?”

“Is this what my soul really is, or did you randomly select some random victim to have me possess and turn his appearance to my likeness?”

“What about the dreams you had when you were in the hospital?” Luna referenced my final months on my deathbed, “You were able to use magic in the Astral Plain as well, way before you gained an Alicorn body.”

I looked at her in astonishment. I never told her about my ability to go into the Astral Plane.

“How did you know about that?”

“Well, we were able to reach this world through the Astral Plane. We saw a separate reality that held your dreams and the people whom you saved held their dreams as well.”

“That’s how you were able to reach me in the first place. That means that Herureiza was able to cross over into Equis using the Astral Projection and Soul Manifestation. That’s how you were able to create a physical body made out of my interest in your world for me.”

“Yes, but to create a physical body for another reality except for your dream world reality, the projector must sacrifice his old one and create a new physical body to suit that world. So, those terrorists were able to cross over from your world into ours. Collin, you have a gift; do not abuse its potential. Promise me you will only use it to cross over your family and only your family.”

“I promise. Now, let’s go and wake this old bastard up. Go and hide, now.”

Luna hid around the doorway while I tip-hooved to his desk and pushed over a vase. I dove over into a dark part of the room before it crashed down onto the hardwood floor. He shot up from his alcohol-induced slumber and spun around in a 360-degree motion in his wheelchair, aiming his gun in all directions.

“Who’s there, you son of a bitch!?” he yelled out into the darkness, “I know you’re there you slimy, twinkle-toed cocksucker! You ain’t stealing my shit you-”

“Dad, calm down!” I called out to him from the darkness, practically scaring him half to death, “It’s just me, Elliot!”

He screamed in terror, pushing himself out from the room.

“Dad! Get a grip! I am not dead.”

“Yes, yes you are; I saw you at the morgue! You can’t be here if you’re dead!”

“I’m not; I just...inhabited another body.”

“I knew it! You always had a thing for that Satanic magic book!”

“It’s not the dark arts; it’s...it’s...oh, for fuck’s sake. Here; let me show you.”

I slowly walked out of the darkness, revealing myself in the light of the fireplace. He had an expression on his face that showed both fear and confusion.

“What the hell am I looking at? You look like one of those little horses from the show you watched at the hospital. This can’t be happening!”

“Oh, but it is.”

“No, it IS not! I. AM. DREAMING! You can’t tell me otherwise.”

“Then do that trick where you can dislocate your elbow and relocate it.”

He quietly nodded and jerked his wrist in a weird direction and angle, the only sound in the room was a quick pop of a joint.

ASS! PISS! BITCH! FART! FUCK! BOB SAGET!” He screamed in pain, jerking his elbow back into place. A few moments passed and he screamed bloody murder again.

“THIS IS REAL!?”

“That’s what I tried to tell you,” I said, shaking my head. Dad moved closer to me back into the light of the room but still kept a distance from me.

“Collin?” he said my name, tears welling in his eyes, “Are you really alive?”

I smiled at the mentally drained veteran.

“I am; gave death the finger-uh, hoof.”

“You’ve gotten...shorter.”

I pulled his face close to mine, pointing another hoof at his chin.

“Just because I'm short don't mean I can’t kick your ass.”

“Relax; I just wanted to confirm it 100% that you’re my boy or colt.”

“Glad you hadn’t changed a bit, old man,” I complimented, smiling.

“Your mother and siblings are here in Pennsylvania from California.”

My ears shot up at the bombshell he dropped. Were they here to blame dad or really attend my funeral?

“Where are they?”

He looked at the fire, thinking.

“I believe, if I’m not mistaken, they’re in the Moonlight Hotel.”

I raised an eyebrow at his answer.

“Isn’t that a romantic hotel?”

“No; you must be thinking of Redmoon Hotel.”

“Oh, yeah.”

“You’re not thinking of going over there, are you?”

I stalled for a second. I had to tell him of my plan. I hope he goes through with this.

“Dad, there’s a reason why I look like this and how I’m back here on Earth talking to you.”

The smile on his face slowly disappeared and went to an expression of uneasiness.

“What are you getting at?”

“What if I told you there is a way to give you a fresh start; a second chance and being able to walk again?”

His eyes grew wide. I could hear the pace of his breathing pick up.

“Are you able?”

“Look at me, it’s obvious I don’t have cancer anymore. I think it would be best to show you what I mean. Luna?”

She entered the room with her wings folded and the light shined off her mane, making it look like she was wearing a layer of glitter.

“Who is this? Your marefriend?”

Both mine and Luna’s faces grew red.

“Nonononono!” I quickly corrected him, “We are friends and she’s the one who gave me my new body in the first place!”

“Allow me to introduce myself,” Luna said, spreading her wings, “I am Princess Luna: Co-Ruler of Equestria and Alicorn of the Night and the Dream World.”

“I can see why my son likes you,” he complimented, “Now, what kind of proposition is my colt, here talking about?”

“Collin was able to live a second life by giving up his old body and a new one manifested when he entered our world,” Luna explained, “All ailments, both physical and mental are alleviated upon semi-reincarnation.”

“So what you’re saying is, if I agree to have my soul put into a ponified version of myself, I would be able to walk again?”

Luna nodded, confirming his prediction. He beamed with joy.

“If I’m able to walk and be with my son again, sign me up!”

“Hold on, pops,” I halted his excitement, “There is a catch, though.”

“What kind of catch?”

“Mom, Tim and Tiff must come along for the ride.”

He sank deep into his chair, his excitement crushed like a cube of garbage.

“I don’t want to come along, then.”

I scoffed, slightly offended by him declining my offer.

“Dad, this is the only chance I’ll be able to offer this to you,” I persuaded him, “After that, I won’t be able to return to Earth again.”

He looked back at the fireplace and loudly sighed.

“Very well,” he deadpanned, “But don’t expect me to successfully patch things up with your mother.”

“Thank you, dad,” I said, pulling him into a hug with my forelegs. We broke the hug and noticed Luna’s horn glowing.

“Before we reunite with Mom and the others, you will be in Equestria in your new body, but you’ll be in a magically-induced coma. When we return with the rest of the family, I will reverse the spell, understand?”

“Sure, I’ve experienced weirder shit in Iraq, anyways.”

“When you do go to sleep, it may feel like a moment has passed, but really it will be just less than 10 hours.”

“It will take only that long to make me a new body?”

“Meh; magic bubble, magic babble. But in all seriousness, yes. You ready?”

“You’re talking to a 21-year-vet; I think I would be able to handle a little out-of-body life experience.”

“Eh, I would beg to differ.”

A white wispy light engulfed my dad in a bright haze. The light grew brighter and then, POP! The light was gone and all that was left was his .45 handgun on the seat of his wheelchair.

“Will Celestia know who he is?”

“Yes; she will place him in the medical wing of the castle until you return with the rest of your family.”

“Alright. Can you teleport us to the hotel? I don’t want to risk anyone spotting us.”

“Of course, just hold thine breath.”

I exhaled, bracing for the jump. A tingling sensation grew around my body and with a loud crackling pop, we stood in the lobby of the hotel. The interior design was moon-themed, piquing Luna’s interest in the room’s design.

“I know; beautiful, isn’t it?”

“We agree.”

“C’mon; let’s look for them.”

We walked up to the empty front desk. Thankfully, no one was in the lobby nor behind the desk. With a quick flap of my wings, I quietly bounded to the other side of the desk and powered on the computer next to the wall. After sitting through all the logos and company stings, the password screen came up.

‘Ah, shit,’ I exclaimed in my head.

“Anything wrong?” Luna asked, concerned.

“It's nothing; just a minor obstacle.”

I thought of computer code and password manipulation until the screen lit up in the color of my magic. The dots filled up the empty space of the text box and hit “Confirm.” After it went to the desktop screen, I thought of names, codes and transaction histories until the command prompt came up where it showed the list of names of the people who are staying in the hotel and the numbers of their rooms. I scrolled through the list, looking for anyone who held the last name “Stone.”

To my surprise, I found, “Aki Stone.” What surprised me, even more, was that she never went back to her maiden name, which perplexed me since my parents weren’t together for 7 years.

‘Alright; I found them.’

‘What room do they temporarily reside?’

‘Room 404.’

As we arrived on the 4th floor, we came across the door to room 404. The lock on the door was electronic, so I could easily trip out the magnetic reader for the card key by giving it a little shock. I tapped my horn on the receiver and gave it a little electricity. A puff of smoke spurted from the card slot and the ding sound echoed in the empty hall. The door clicked open, slowly shedding light on the sleeping mother and her two kids.

There they were, all nestled on two beds. My mother was of Asian descent whereas my father was of Irish descent. If I were any whiter, I would make Vanilla Ice look black. She had short ebony hair where my dad had blonde, almost gray hair. I got my dark hair color from my mom, obviously. My little brother and sister are fraternal twins, looking much like my mother.

All of a sudden, we both jumped at the loud beeping from the alarm clock on the nightstand. The woman stirred awake, tapping the snooze button on the clock, seizing its noise. She stretched her arms out and opened her eyes to see a cartoony pony in front of her. It took her a couple seconds before screaming and recoiling backward from me. My younger siblings shot up and frantically looked around the room.

“What’s the matter mom?” they asked in unison.

“There’s a horse-thing in the room!”

“Uh, correction; I’m a pony.”

My little sister then realized what I appeared to look like.

“Hey! He looks like one of those little ponies I was telling you about, mom!” She observed.

“Yeah, but he looks like a rejected villain,” my little brother bluntly said about my appearance.

I scoffed at his accidental insult.

“Really? Is that any way to talk to your older brother?”

They all jumped and held onto each other, not saying another word.

“Oh, for Luna’s sake! It’s me, Collin.”

“That’s impossible,” mom protested, “Collin died; you can’t be him.”

“It’s raining,” I said, pointing a hoof to the window. The rain was pelting against the roof of the hotel and the window, creating an interesting sound.

“I was hoping we wouldn’t get soaked at the funeral,” Tim complained, “Why does it rain here constantly!?”

Now was my chance. I had a saying back then, and it’s now to prove my identity to my long lost family. I took in a deep breath and deeply exhaled.

“It can’t rain all the time,” I reassured his concern.

Their eyes grew wider than Steve Carell on shrooms. Mom lets go of the twins and got out of her bed.

“Collin?” she said, inching closer to me.

I lightly smiled, tears formed in my eyes. She slumped down to my level, tears formed in her eyes as well.

“Mom?”

“You really ARE alive!”

She pulled me into a bone-crushing hug. It felt like my eyes were going to pop out of my sockets.

“M-mom,” I strained, “Choking; not breathing.”

She let go with a sheepish smile of embarrassment across her face.

“Sorry. How did you end up looking like a little girl’s toy?”

“That...is a long and strange story. You got any gum?”


After I was finished with my past events leading up to this moment, the rain stopped and the sun shone through the window. I left out the Unicorn Supremacist group and the soul gathering parts for fear of turning them off from joining me in Equestria.

“Wow,” Mom complimented, “Where is this Luna? Is she with you now?”

“We art right behind thou.”

They spun around to face the moon princess, who snuck behind them to observe their reactions to my story.

“Princess Luna!” Tiff exclaimed, rushing to hug her. She blushed and returned her hug.

“We art flattered by thy honor of our night.”

“Wait, how is this possible?” Mom asked, “If she’s a part of a TV show, how are you and her real?”

“Well,” I began, “Ever heard of the multiverse theory?”

“Yes.”

“Well, apply that to the Astral Plane and you get multiple realities of endless possibilities. You could get one where that world would be a TV show here, but there, it’s as real as our reality.”

“How did you get that body, then?”

I gestured at Luna and they turned to hear her explanation.

“We simply used our magic to extract their consciousness and build a body of their choice to suit the world they’ll take refuge in. It is then their soul will leave their old body and inhabit their new one and they will enter their world.”

“Well, how is Collin still a pony if he’s here on Earth?”

“Magic works in mysterious ways, but in all seriousness, his original body was too damaged, that was the main reason we gave him a new one.”

“But why choose him and not anyone else out of the 8 billion humans here on Earth?”

“Because he is one of few that hold a special gift of utilizing a grasp on otherworldly rules and powers.”

“Is that the only reason? Because I sense that you are keeping us in the dark.”

“Collin, your son, is a reincarnation of a lost soul we’ve been looking for for more than a millennium.”

“Wait a minute,” I interrupted Luna, “You never told me about that. Was that another reason you brought me to Equestria?”

“Yes; we deeply apologize for not telling you beforehand.”

“Water under the bridge. Anyways, my resurrection and return to Earth to see you three is not for the shits and giggles.”

“Watch it, Collin,” Mom scolded my use of language.

“Sorry. I’m here to make an offer to you three; a choice at a second chance, if you will.”

“What are you getting at?”

“I’m asking you to come with me.”

She gave me a look like she got hit over the head with a shovel.

“Excuse me?”

“This world is heading towards oblivion; I’m asking you to join me in my journey back to Equestria. You will be given bodies of your choosing, but it will have to fit into the world’s rules.”

“Is your father already in Equestria?”

“Yes.”

“Good; I want to be able to talk to him, catch up on things and all that.”

“Are you planning to make things up with dad? Considering all that happened over the course of 7 years?”

“If it means to give up my body and get a new one to claw my way to another world to bring my family back together, I will be going along with you.”

Both twins cheered in gleeful excitement.

“Just hold still and Luna will bring us there, ready?”

They nodded and closed their eyes. Luna’s horn lit up once more and surrounded us in the same sickly wispy white light.

POP! Home at last.