• Published 8th Dec 2015
  • 359 Views, 6 Comments

Moving Forward, Wrought with Danger - Odayama



A mercenary guild from the Forgotten Relms gathers their three strongest fighters to take on a job too close to their city. Little did they know that their target would use wild magic that would thrust them into another relm that is...less forgotten.

  • ...
2
 6
 359

Chapter 19

“Princess Celestia!” Twilight ran towards the tall, majestic alicorn. She was about to hug her mentor, but stopped. She composed herself in front of Celestia. “Welcome back, Princess Celestia, to Ponyville.” Making a bow to Celestia. Bowing back, Celestia chuckled. “No need to be for formal, Twilight. We’ve been through a lot, and it is I that should be the first to bow to you. Come here, Twilight.”

Twilight lost composure as she ran up to Celestia and hugged her.

“My sister has come with me as well.” Celestia looked to her side, as another alicorn with a mane as starry as the night sky came into view.

She had cleared her throat, as if to make a small speech, but Twilight interrupted her before she could even say anything. “Princess Luna!” Twilight went to hug Luna.

Luna was shocked, but then chuckled and received the hug. “It is good to see you too, Princess Twilight.”

The other five ponies were formal in making a bow, but then lost their own composure and joined Twilight in the informal greeting.

The four others walked in front of the group, looking upon the majestic guests that have entered the castle.

Twilight cleared her throat. “Princess Celestia, Princess Luna. May I introduce you to our guests: Newtolm, Juno, Tia, and Tom.”

Newtolm smiled and made a bow himself. “It is a pleasure to make your acquaintances, your highnesses.”

Tia followed suit. Juno was mesmerized by how their manes flowed in the air, but was nudged by Newtolm to make a bow.

Tom did not bow. Instead, he walked up closer to Celestia. “You had said something about these six wielding something. What is this power you said they hold?”

Celestia looked at Tom. “Well, you’re rather direct, aren’t you?” Celestia stepped forward.

“Tom, could you at least show some respect? These two Princesses came all the way from their kingdom because of us. At least you can be a little formal? Not everyone...everypony has to impress you for you to show respect.” Newtolm said, looking at Tom with a disapproving glance. “And that goes for these six heroes who have gladly shown us hospitality, even after your...incident yesterday.”

Tom couldn’t look at his comrade. “We don’t have the time.”

“It’s alright. Considering the signs that my sister Luna had seen last night means that this is another real threat that has come to our lands.” Celestia looked down at Tom. “Let us reconvene into the throne room, so we can explain each other’s side. Then we will decide the course of action.”

The whole group reconvened into the throne room, and Celestia began explaining what the Elements of Harmony were.

---

“So let me see if I have this straight.” Tom began as he finished one of the apples Applejack had brought. “These... ‘Elements of Harmony’ is a power in these lands that is fueled by...the power of your friendship?”

“That’s about right, darling.” Rarity said as she was taking Tom’s measurements. Newtolm had suggested that Rarity took their measurements while this discussion was being held, to save time on making clothes right away.

Celestia nodded. “And you have identified who has what element pretty fast, even without knowing what the elements were. The power of their friendship powers the Elements of Harmony.”

Tom looked at Rarity, then at Celestia. “I fail to see how the power of ‘friendship’ can defeat a demon.”

Celestia chuckled. “You haven’t seen the many trials Twilight and her friend here have been through. My sister and I hold so much power in our magic, but my little ponies here have triumphed in situations where we had failed. With their lessons in friendship, they were able to take on many who had tried to take over Equestria. And the ones who tried have either been defeated or reformed.”

“...Pardon me, my lady, but about those who have been reformed.” Newtolm spoke up. “Princess Twilight had told me last night about the victories, but did not go into detail. Who are the reformed?”

Princess Luna spoke up. “...I do not want reminders of those terrible nights from long ago, but I am one of them.”

Tom looked at Luna. “You apposed your own sister in these lands?” He looked at Celestia. “And you’re alright of having a traitor among your presence?”

TOM!” Newtolm reeled back his front hoof and clocked Tom in the head. “Her highness had just said about not being reminded about her trial! If you were not the one who had to explain who Korthak is, you would not be allowed in this conversation, so control yourself!”

Newtolm turned his attention to Luna. “Please, I ask for forgiveness for my comrade’s actions. He has a lack of tact when it comes to...certain social cues.”

Luna shook her head. “It is alright. Even when I had returned to my normal state of mind, there was much suspicion from other ponies. If it were not for these six ponies, I would have brought eternal night to the lands. But even after the Elements of Harmony had saved me from my rage, there are many others who still doubted me. I do not blame you.”

Tom held his head from where he got hit. “Before my comrade hits me again, who was this other who got reformed?”

Celestia looked around the room. “His name is Discord. He’s a master of chaos, with powerful magic. He was originally defeated by the elements, but using those same elements, we had revived him, and thanks to Fluttershy’s kindness, he was shown what he was missing in life: friendship.”

Tom looked at Celestia skeptically. A master of chaos? “How are you sure that this Discord isn’t going to betray you?”

Rainbow Dash fluttered overhead. “He learned his lesson the last time he did. Discord had teamed up with Tirak, but Tirak betrayed him at the end.”

“...What keeps him from not betraying you again?” Tom looked up at Rainbow Dash.

“Well, I’m still learning this friendship thing, but if it wasn’t for Twilight’s forgiveness, I would not have been able to give her the final key for the box that the tree gave.” A disembodied voice called out.

“Who said that?” Juno looked around the room.

“I was wondering when you were going to join in this conversation, Discord. You were right behind us when we got here.” Celestia chuckled.

A pouch hopped across the floor. “My components pouch!” Tia shouted when she noticed it.

The pouch opened, and out popped a goat(?) head with mismatched horns. “Well, I was listening, but I wanted to have some fun as well, so I made this new lamp for Twilight, as a thank you for that fateful day.” Discord stuck his arms out, and held out what looked like a model of the very castle they were in.

“Really? Wow, thank you, Discord.” Twilight smiled as she accepted the lamp.

“If you’re done...” Tia was beside the creature in the pouch. “Get out of my components pouch.”

“But’s it’s so cozy in here. Did you know that the mushroom here is very squishy that it sinks in like a comfortable seat?” Discord chuckled.

“And did you know there is also bat guano in there?” Tia looked at Discord disapprovingly.

“...Oh...” Discord looked in the pouch. “Well, I believe I need a shower now. If you excuse me.”

With his magic, he created a bath tub. He hopped out of the pouch and closed the curtain, as water started poured upwards from the tub.

“Why do you have bat...guano?” Twilight looked at Tia.

Tia reached over to her bag as she pulled out her spellbook. “Well, you see, your majesty, one of the spells I have needs it. Translated into the common tongue, the spell is called a fireball. I can’t explain why the spell calls for it, but that’s what the creator of the spell chose as a component of the spell.”

“Really?” Twilight looked at the spellbook, but it was in a language that she didn’t recognize. “If we have the time later, could you teach me how to read this? I’ve never seen this before.”

Tia smiled. “Only if you show me how to preform some of your spells. A fair trade is always the way to go when it comes to learning spells.”

Newtolm cleared his throat. “Well, it is nice to meet you, Sir Discord. How are you on this fine day?”

Discord stuck his head out of the curtain, a little surprised. “Well now, a pony who doesn’t know me personally, being nice to me?” He stepped out of the shower with a towel. “Why, thank you for asking. With you, you have brighten my day. Many other ponies haven’t forgiven me yet, so I’ve been kind of in a sour mood lately.”

“Well, you kinda did give those same ponies to Tirak on a silver plater when he was on his path of conquering, so it’s a little understandable on why they’re a bit sour themselves.” Rainbow Dash floated above Discord.

“Now, Rainbow Dash, I don’t need that....nasty reminder.” Discord reached up behind Rainbow Dash’s head and pulled out a rainbow towel from her hair. He started to dry his head with it. “At least Celestia and Luna have been enjoying nice cups of tea with me lately. By the way, Fluttershy, that tea you gave me was wonderful.” Discord had seemed to have teleported to Fluttershy’s side.

Fluttershy smiled when she realized that he was by her side. “Oh, you’re welcome, Discord. And you’re welcome to come visit me for some more any time.”

With a hug, the two gave a warm hum.

Discord went back to Newtolm. “Well, anyways, I thank you for being so nice, as well. Newtolm, was it? I am Discord, the prince of chaos...reformed.” He went for a hand shake.

That was when he noticed something was off with this pony. Newtolm held out his hoof for a handshake. “It is a pleasure to meet you, Sir Discord.” When he put his hoof back to the floor, no noise was made. Discord realized that the pony wasn’t touching to floor at all.

He lowered his head so he could see what exactly was happening with the pony in front of him. “How...What...” He stood up straight, and looked at Celestia. “I’m not doing this. You can see that, right?”

Celestia chuckled. “Yes, I can see that. I would like to know how our new friend is doing that too.”

“Well, you see...” Newtolm started with a bit of a laugh. But he was cut off when Discord put a finger on his back, pushing him down.

To Newtolm’s surprise, Discord actually pushed him down to the floor. He looked up at Discord, then levitated himself back up to his usual level.

Discord pushed him back down. Newtolm levitated back up. They had an exchange of this for a bit, when Newtolm finally spoke up. “Stop that.”

“No, you stop that.” Discord said back. “You’re not using magic, and yet...you’re defying gravity.”

Dash chuckled. “Well, this is a first. Discord, the prince of chaos, flustered when something chaotic happens in front of him.”

Discord looked at Dash, unimpressed at first, but then broke out laughing. “Wow, this is a first. But normally, I’m the one causing the chaos.”

“Well, it is not magic, or even chaos I am using.” Newtolm began. “I am a psionisit. My mind is how I use this power, and many other powers of my own.”

“Interesting...” Discord started, but a loud cough echoed through the room.

“If we’re done with formalities...” Tom began. “We need to have this discussion. You’ve wasted enough time with introductions, the demon Korthak could be at our doorsteps by now.”

Celestia nodded. “You are correct. Tell us about this Korthak, then we can hatch a plan for the worst situation.”

With a deep breath, Tom looked around the room. He didn’t believe that the residences in this room was good enough to defend against the demon, but they had to try.

Author's Note:

Apologies for the hiccup in posts. Had a lot happen.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment