• Published 3rd Nov 2015
  • 421 Views, 0 Comments

Untold Stories of Equestria: Episode Five- The Everfree Crusaders - Sparrow9642



After their curiosity gets the best of them, the CMC get lost while crusading in the Everfree Forest.

  • ...
 0
 421

Stranded

The book had no cover, but the gold was enough to intrigue her, as she attempted to pick up the book with her magic, but was shocked as she noticed that her magic abilities had been seized. She knew now that she had strained her magic too far, and had a horn sprain.

She didn't want to pick up the book, for it was a special book in no doubt, and seemed as if it were never touched by anypony before, yet her curiosity levels were getting the better of her. She looked around for anything to pick it up with, and noticed a small bag in a corner.

“I suppose that could work,” she said, as she grabbed the leather bag, and carefully used her hooves to slip the book into the bag, trying not to damage the book.

She knew that Twilight wouldn't be happy if she damaged the book in any way, and that Twilight would be able to spot any damage; even the smallest signs of damage, seeing she was pretty smart when it came to her books, and just as strict.

Sweetie Belle managed to settle the book into the bag with no damage, and carefully set the bag on the floor, after gently transporting the book from deep inside, onto the wooden floor. Once the book was safely on the floor, Sweetie Belle opened the book to the first page, skimming through the pages, amazed at what she was reading.

The book told the story of an ancient dragon created by Celestia and Luna, named, Faltor, whose sole purpose was to protect the two princesses from threats outside their castle walls. Faltor had managed to protect the two sisters for over three-thousand years, before he became very ill, following a strange storm formed by the pegasi, before the earth ponies and unicorns had settled their differences.

To protect Faltor from the pegasi's wrath, Celestia and Luna gave him one final task, and created a domain that only they alone could access, where he would be safe for eternity; Dragon's Trench. Faltor remained in the trench, but after one-thousand years, Princess Luna became corrupted, becoming more jealous of Celestia, and much more greedy.

Seeing the signs coming, Celestia returned to Faltor, hoping for the dragon to grant her strength against her sister. As a result, Faltor managed to unlock Celestia's true potential, giving her enough strength to take on Luna, and use the Elements of Harmony, but only if necessary.

Sweetie Belle was intrigued, despite history not being her most favorite subject. However, the part about Faltor unlocking Celestia's true potential seemed to be of much interest, seeing it sounded like somepony getting their cutie mark. Sweetie Belle placed the book back into the bag, and rushed out of the library.
Insert Line

Sweetie Belle rushed to Sweet Apple Acres, meeting up with Apple Bloom and Scootaloo sitting in their small clubhouse, waiting for her to show up. Sweetie Belle startled the two fillies, as she yelled from outside the clubhouse windows.

"Girls!" she yelled, causing them both to jump.

Scootaloo and Apple Bloom looked out the window of their clubhouse, noticing Sweetie belle with a large smile on her face.

"It's about time!" exclaimed Scootaloo, as Sweetie Belle made her way into the clubhouse.

"We were just takin a break from the apple stand,” said Apple Bloom. “Best grab an apple, before we eat all of em!"

Apple Bloom stuffed an apple in her mouth, as Sweetie Belle grabbed one for herself, seeing she had work up an appetite after all that had happened trying to find the spell book.

"Sorry I'm late, girls, you would not believe what I had to go through finding the book. Also, you gotta remind me to return, otherwise Spike and Twilight are going to know we've been snooping around. I was going to but.....

"Just get to the point!" Scootaloo interrupted, annoyed from Sweetie Belle's constant complaining.

"I found a book!" exclaimed Sweetie Belle.

“That's what you've been harping on about?” said Scootaloo in an annoyed tone. "Congratulations. You found a book in a library."

Sweetie Belle rolled her eyes. “Just wait until you see it!” she yelled, pulling the book out of bag with ease.

Scootaloo and Apple Bloom were stunned at the book, noticing it was made from real gold, and was unlike anything they had ever seen.

“Where the hay did you find this?!” asked Apple Bloom.

“Yeah! I've never seen anything like it!” added Scootaloo.

“It sorta found me,” confessed Sweetie Belle. “I tried to perform that spell as practice, but it backfired, and I crashed into Twilight's statue, which turned out to be a hiding spot for this book. Out of it, I managed to get a horn sprain, but it'll pass.”

“So, what's so special about this book?” asked Scootaloo.

“Well, it could be the answer to getting our cutie marks, girls!” explained Sweetie Belle.

Apple Bloom nearly spit out her apple, as she was surprised at Sweetie Belle's words.

“Are you serious?!” asked Apple Bloom, nearly choking on her apple.

“According to the book, a dragon created by both Princess Celestia and Luna that now dwells in some area of the Everfree Forest called, Dragon's Trench, has the ability to unlock a pony's true potential,” explained Sweetie Belle.

“So, you're saying that if we can find this dragon, we can get our cutie marks?!” asked Scootaloo in an excited tone.

“That's exactly what I'm saying!” replied Sweetie Belle. “So, what do you say girls? Up for some Everfree Forest crusading?!”

“YEAH!” said all three in unison. "CUTIE MARK CRUSADER EVERFREE ADVENTURERS!"

"Eenope!" spoke an unknown voice.

All three of the CMC jumped at the sound of the new voice, only to notice that it was Big Mac outside of their clubhouse, eavesdropping on their conversation.

"Big Mac, I swear I'm gonna put a bell on ya!" Apple Bloom yelled. "Also why aren't ya in bed? Yer still sick."

Big Mac looked down and his stomach growled giving the girls all the information they needed.

"Wait, what do you mean “nope?” said Sweetie Belle. “I know we can get our cutie marks this time! I just know we can!"

"Is it because of where were goin?" Apple Bloom asked knowing what her brother was thinking.

"Eeyup" confirmed Big Mac.

"But, it's not like we've never crusaded in the Everfree Forest before." addressed Sweetie Belle.

"Please, big bro?" pleaded Apple Bloom.

"Eenope,” concluded Big Mac, with his voice sounding raspy.

"Fine." The three chorused. Sweetie belle and Scootaloo sat down next to Apple Bloom, feeling satisfied Big Mac left to grab an apple from the stand.

"What are we going to do now!?" asked Apple Bloom.

"Who said our adventure was over?" replied Scootaloo, with an evil smirk.

"I know that look, and know what you are up to, Scootaloo,” assured Sweetie Belle. “I'll get in colossal trouble if I go now!”

"Hold on, don't tell me you guys want to disobey my big bro?” said Apple Bloom. “What if the others found out? We won't be crusadin' for weeks, because I'll be stuck with my brother's stinkin' chores as punishment."

"Stop being a bunch of foals!” snapped Scootaloo. “If we have as big a chance getting our cutie marks in our lives, it's now!”

“I have a horn sprain because of you, Scootaloo!” Sweetie Belle snapped. “Also, what if we are attacked by something?! I have absolutely no line of defense, because it's jammed for awhile!” she exclaimed, pointing to her horn.

“Oh, quit being a Rarity will ya?” said Scootaloo. “If you two aren't going to go, I'll go myself, giving me bragging rights on the schoolyard, when I have my cutie mark!

"I'm not being Rarity!" Sweetie Belle snapped. "I'm just saying this is a bad idea."

“Suit yourselves. I'm off to get my cutie mark,” concluded Scootaloo, as she rushed out of the clubhouse.

“Scootaloo, wait!” exclaimed Apple Bloom. “You don't even have a map!”

Apple Bloom was wasting her breath, because Scootaloo was already out of sight, before her words could even be heard.

“We need to go after her!” exclaimed Apple Bloom. “Without a map, she's going to get lost!”

“I suppose you're right, Apple Bloom,” confessed Sweetie Belle.

“Let's hurry, before she gets too far away,” concluded Apple Bloom, grabbing a map.

Once the two fillies had their map, they trotted out of the clubhouse, trying to catch Scootaloo riding her scooter in the direction of the Everfree Forest. The two fillies trotted faster than ever before, slowly catching Scootaloo, already on the outskirts of the Everfree Forest.

“Scoots, wait for us!” shouted Apple Bloom.

Scootaloo heard Apple Bloom, and stopped her scooter, right before the entrance to the Everfree Forest.

“Well, looks like you two decided to come after all,” she said with a smirk on her face.

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle just looked at her, letting out sighs of ignorance.

“What are we standing around here for?!” Scootaloo claimed. “Let's go get our cutie marks!”

The three fillies scurried into the Everfree Forest, not knowing what to expect on their journey.


The CMC wandered around the Everfree Forest, using the map they had as a guide, but were having no luck in progressing over their constant debating over which way to go.

"Ok, so we need to go this way," said Scootaloo, pointing to the left of her, looking at the map.

"Your readin' it wrong,” debated Apple Bloom. We need to go this way."

"No. We need to go this way?" Sweetie Belle argued.

The three continued to bicker over which way to go, noticing it was getting dark, and the Everfree Forest trail was getting more harder to see.

"Does anypony even know where we are?" Apple Bloom asked starting to get worried.

“Of course. We're right here,” assured Scootaloo, pointing to an area on the map.

“You sure, Scootaloo?” asked Sweetie Belle. “It seems like we've wandered farther than that.”

“Trust me. We're in Thickets Brush,” concluded Scootaloo.

"Girls, let's just go back. It gettin late," suggested Apple Bloom, noticing the moon starting to rise.

“I have to agree with Apple Bloom, Scootaloo,” stated Sweetie Belle. “The moonlight isn't even bright enough to show the trail back to Sweet Apple Acres.”

Scootaloo herself was starting to get worried, and had no choice but to agree.

"Fine. I suppose you're right,” she agreed starting to shiver.

“Good. Now, we just need to find the trail and we're home free,” said Sweetie Belle.

“Only one problem with that,” stated Scootaloo. “Where's the trail?”

“Are you blind?” said Sweetie Belle. “It's right...

Sweetie Belle was shocked, when she noticed that the trail had disappeared, as if it were never there. The three fillies started to get worried, because they had managed to get themselves lost in one of the most dangerous places in Equestria. All three of them immediately panicked, after realizing that they were lost.

“HELP!” yelled all three in unison, but it was useless. Nopony could hear them, and they were stranded in the Everfree Forest for the night.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment