• Published 12th Oct 2015
  • 947 Views, 15 Comments

Equestria Girls: Secrets Beyond the Stars - GoldenGoomba900



A mysterious woman arrives in Canterlot High, and her sights are on Flash Sentry. But something seems off about her. Must be because she's an alien.

  • ...
10
 15
 947

Celestia and Shimmer

"What seems to be the matter?" Celestia asked, hesitating from pressing the dial button on her phone.

"It's- Do you remember how we have been trying to find out who keeps breaking into the school at night? How food and supplies seemed to have gone missing around the time Shimmer arrived?" Luna said, sitting beside her sister.

"Yes..?"

"I have found the culprit. It was none other than Shimmer herself." There was a pause as Celestia didn't react at all.

"Sister, Sunset Shimmer has been destroying security cameras and stealing hundreds of dollars worth of items, she's been sleeping in the wrestling room for three years, and she's been using the knowledge of the school to boost her grades and status."

"And you only found this out now?"

"I-"

"Sister. This has been as plain as my nose since the day Shimmer aced her first test after nearly flunking. I have known this for a long, long time. Why do you think I uninstalled those security cameras?"

"You said it was a lack of budget."

"Sister, we make a japanese game show stage in the Baseball field every three years. We don't charge people to come and watch, and nobody's seen those games outside of the school board and the participants for twelve of those events. We have more budget than Fort Knox has gold."

"But Sunset Shimmer's been cheating, she-"

"She has no parents, no home, no friends, no family. She came from another dimension with no skills or abilities. We turned her into a proper citizen. A girl whose interpersonal skills and mental faculties rival those of a college professor's."

"I was going to suggest she let her live here." Luna finally said. "I understand that she is a good girl, with grand prospects ahead of her. But why did you not let her come here?"

"I have attempted, Sister. I had multiple times. She rejected me all of those times and now it's too late." Celestia hits the call button.

"We could speak to her now. It might not be too late."

"Hello?" Shimmer asked, Celestia paused.

"Hello?" She repeated.

"Sunset, it's me, Celestia."

"Celestia? How did you get my number? Why are you-"

"It's... there's a lot of things we need to discuss." Luna nodded solemnly as she listened in on the conversation.

"Well, like what?" She asked.

"There's a lot of good news and bad news. The good news is that Applejack called and told me to tell you she's still alive."

"W-wait, really? Oh my goodness, Celestia, that's great news, bu-"

"The bad news is that we know it's been you breaking into the school for the last several years." There was yet another pause. "I know why you did it though. You aren't in trouble, you won't be expelled. Just please, I'm making you the offer one more time. If we make this- WHEN we make it then please, please come live with us. You need a home. You can't stay in the school's wrestling room all your life."

"Principal Celestia..." She shook her head. "I'll think on it. What about Applejack? Is she safe? Where is she?"

"I don't know." Celestia admitted. "She mentioned having a concussion, and bleeding. She didn't give me a location either, but supposedly she called Fluttershy."

"Celestia listen, there's... this might be the last time we get to talk to each other." Sunset sighed, rubbing the back of her head. "I'd wanted to do this in person but I'm sorry."

"What are you sorry for?"

"I'm sorry about everything. I'm sorry about ruling the school with an iron fist, I'm sorry I'd done everything in my ability to harrass, humiliate, and bully. I-"

"My faithful student." Celestia said, Shimmer coming to a dead halt with those words. "You've already been forgiven for all of those misdeeds, by both me and the school. You're the biggest success in Canterlot High's history. Stories of your friend's conquests will echo across the city for hundreds, if not thousands of generations... But maybe it's not me you wished to apologize too."

"You're right," she sadly admitted. "For a moment I though you were the Princess."

"Sunset, I may not be the princess. I may not have a kingdom, I may not have powers, or live longer than 100, or any of that fancy, magical things you've talked about her or described her as, but I do have something that she doesn't: perseverance."

"I... excuse me?"

"I have been your teacher for years. I have seen your activities and the way you treat others. I could have reported you to the police, to the FBI, to the tabloids. I could have expelled you for cheating on tests and stealing school property. I could have even thrown you out by your ear, but I didn't. Because that is not the Canterlot way."

"Prin-"

"No, I took you in, like all students, despite your flaws, your mental and physical issues. Sunset Shimmer, you were the greatest challenge I ever attempted."

"But Twilight was the one who-"

"Yes, Twilight succeeded where I failed, but what I'm saying is that despite all her power, her rule, her immortality, Princess Celestia gave up on you."

"You're not helping." Sunset sighed.

"But if she refused you, maybe she's not as wise as you thought she was." Principal Celestia said. "It is my belief that every child has potential to change the world for the better. Through all my years of teaching your actions have proved this point far more than any collection of situational evidence could. I could go on about you, how you continue to surprise me and excel in ways I'd never anticipate, but I think you're plenty redeemed already. And if Princess Celestia doesn't believe you're worthy of her kingdom, I say the kingdom ill needs a ruler like her."

"You don't understand, she's powerful, she has the power of the heavens an-"

"And if she comes here, she wouldn't be. She'd be human, like all of us. Except for you and your friends. You've become something we should all strive to be, not because of your powers or achievements, but because of your kind hearts and willingness to act. I believe in you, Sunset Shimmer."

Sunset paused as she let Celestia's words enter her mind. "Tha-thank you, Ms. Celestia." She hung up, turning to her friends and giving a soft smile.

"Well, even more good news. Applejack's alive too." Pinkie's crying lessened as Twilight looked to the orange girl's side. Spike gave a shaky smile, sniffling slightly. "Here, call Fluttershy... I want to be alone for a moment," the red-headed girl passed her phone to her companions, getting inside the tent to pack up.