• Published 12th Oct 2015
  • 946 Views, 15 Comments

Equestria Girls: Secrets Beyond the Stars - GoldenGoomba900



A mysterious woman arrives in Canterlot High, and her sights are on Flash Sentry. But something seems off about her. Must be because she's an alien.

  • ...
10
 15
 946

Space Age Love Song

Twilight Sparkle looked through her telescope at the night sky, smiling brightly.

"I'm so glad you decided to stay over at my house, Shimmer. I've been seeing interesting spikes in the sunspots and interstellar radiation lately and I was hoping to get a second opinion."

"I'm just happy to sleep on a real bed and not in the school's wrestling room." Shimmer remarked, just as Spike ran into the room.

"You called?" he asked, still having not shaken off all the habits of his former, doggy life.

"No Spike, we're talking about space... which reminds me, you're due for another IQ test!"

Spike groaned. "I took one last night! We both know I'm getting smarter, can we skip it today? Please?"

"No no Spike." Twilight turned from the telescope as an unusual green star began coming downwards from the sky. "It's important to make sure we know HOW smart you are! I mean, you've already beaten Snips and Snail's score by abou-"

"Twilight, look!" Shimmer interrupted, getting up and approaching the telescope.

"Interesting... a falling star. But, that doesn't fit in with any of my astrology charts..."

"Oh my gosh, we discovered a new comet!" Shimmer said, amazed as Twilight looked through the scope. The purple girl remained silent as Shimmer went to look up the number for the local observatory.

"What's wrong Twilight?" the dog asked, tilting his head curiously.

"That's not a comet." was all she replied.


The next day, Canterlot High was abuzz with talk of last night. No, not because of the mysterious green light that seemed to touch down in the woods near Canterlot High, but because of a new Sci-Fi horror film that was supposedly the scariest thing since Ed Wood put Tor Johnson on film! Yes, nobody in Canterlot High could give half of a care about what Twilight and company were talking about, and all did their best to ignore it, thinking they were openly spoiling the plot of the film. Even as a panicked Twilight explained the situation to them, the only people who listened were her friends.

"Now hold on sugarcubes," Applejack said, her southern drawl providing some comfort in Sunset Shimmer's mind. "You're telling us that some mysterious green light landed in the forest, and you suspect it's not just a rock?"

"It's highly unlikely the green light came from fire, Applejack. It takes a very precise mixture of chemicals to produce a green flame. Not to mention the descent was far too slow to be something brought down by our natural gravity." Twilight explained.

"Spike saw it too, we can't ALL be seeing things, Applejack." Sunset interrupted.

"Spike's also colorblind and says he's hunted jackalopes." Rainbow Dash said, shaking her head.

"Actually, most dogs aren't colorblind, but just see an array of different shades of blues, violets, and yellows." Fluttershy corrects.

"I say we go look! After I throw Flash a cheering up party. He has been looking kind of... dead inside lately." Pinkie comments, pointing to a sighing Sentry.

"Pinkie, our friends need our help, we have to help them no matter what. I'm sure Flash is-" Rarity was interrupted by the sounds of Flash slamming his head in his locker door. "I'm sure Flash can wait a little while longer."

"Wait, I'm confused." Dash said, looking to Rarity.

"You would be." AJ mumbled.

"I thought you were generosity and I was loyalty."

As the students left for their classes the hallways would empty, leaving only Flash Sentry to roam them. Flash sighed and shook his head, hoping the family luck would do him well once more. He had known since he was a boy he had an odd talent, whenever he was late for something or just not looking where he was going he'd find someone or something important. As a boy he'd found Dawn, who inspired him to better himself. As a tween he'd found a flier for an old bass, the one he spent months and years learning and practicing, and still carried with him now. As a teen, it was how he met Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle.

Supposedly, his father had the same luck. It had introduced him to a gun range, which in turn lead him to becoming a police officer. His father before him became an important union leader because he'd bumped into an important person at the right time. And his father before him was... well, actually, he was hung for horse theft, he didn't know much about his great grand-father besides his death.

Before Flash could make a mental note to research his family history, he once again found himself running into someone. She was about a head shorter than him, with the oddest shade of blue eyes he'd ever seen to go with her pale green skin. She wore an odd, almost polyester purple short skirt with bright silver lining, save for her belt, which had a red jewel in the center. Her pointed ears that were almost hidden in her light pink hair worn up in an odd, almost pointed style. For some reason bright white gloves with the same lining accompanied the rest of her ensemble, with a few additional silver straps to boot. Speaking of boots, she wore knee-high high-heels in the same color as the rest of her clothing.

"Look where you're going you, you-!" her voice was stern, yet young. "You... you..." she stammered as she saw Flash, a blush forming.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do that. Are you OK?" Flash smiled, sincerely happy his old fail-safe had once again come through for him. Even with this tactic he'd usually just end up running into doors and poles. As the green girl brushed off her clothes, she did her best to return to an un-flustered state.

"Yes, yes. I'm perfectly fine." she thanked the heavens above that her belt's universal translator worked on even this primitive race's language.

"If uh, you don't mind me saying you're dressed kinda... funny. Like you come from Mars or something."

"I come from Alferian Tesla, or as you know it: Venus." Flash laughed in response. "I come here to examine your location for anomalies for the council."

"Oh, you're an inspector? Aren't you a bit young for that miss...?"

"Inapan. Princess Inapan, I am the youngest member of my league yes, but I get my job done."

"Princess! Well, it's nice to meet you then. I'm Flash Sentry. Come on, I'm sure you'll want to register with Principal Celestia. Or maybe register her... I'm not quite sure what your job is."

"Yes, let's meet who is in charge here. Lead the way, sentry."

"I prefer to be called Flash, but alright."

Inapan's notes: I have met a foreign sentry named Flash. He is, for lack of a better term: dreamy, and has the hair of royalty. My suspicion of his higher rank is further compounded by his lack of reaction to being told I am a princess. Humanity may not be as poor off as I thought if their knights are any indication, but I must be distracted by his silky smooth skin, his toned abdominal muscles, and his calm, sensitive demeanor.

I mean, must NOT be! Focus Princess! You have a job! Imagine if your father sees you falling for a being of such a simple species. They have not even mastered intergalactic travel! If this is a false alarm, you just need to return home and tell them that Earth is mostly harmless.

Then again, spending some more time with the sentry might not hurt either; learn their culture, see the sights, things like that.