• Published 12th Oct 2015
  • 946 Views, 15 Comments

Equestria Girls: Secrets Beyond the Stars - GoldenGoomba900



A mysterious woman arrives in Canterlot High, and her sights are on Flash Sentry. But something seems off about her. Must be because she's an alien.

  • ...
10
 15
 946

Sister, Sister

As the clone of Flash fled the scene, Tested approached the teleporter into the ship, wiping her orange blood from her nose. Pinkie's mind was no place for a warrior, and she hoped never to return to it again. She had left Second Sunset behind, upset with her perfect warrior's failure. All that blood, sweat, and tears poured into turning her into an unstoppable killing machine, and she ran from a mare in a silly mask.

But it was not a total loss, she reminded herself as the teleportation process began. She had made her impression on the rest of the human race, and how they would never be able to thwart them. Wiping away the make-up and revealing the bruise her sister had given her, Tested took a deep breath, frowning as she stared at a photo of the wedding sitting on one of the ship's tables.

"Sister!" Inapan said, coming from the mess hall. "I have good news. I know where those..." the elder twin paused to consider a name for their nemeses, "Equestrian Girls are hiding." Tested said nothing, glaring at her sister. "They're in these very woods! Sending the clone of Flash was a stroke of brilliance, sister!" Tested grabbed a piece of napkin-like material and wiped the rest of her make-up away. "He also found those little girls who stole our pad. I am going to find those three human larvae who thought it wise to cross me, and take something of theirs... which brings me to my next point." She turned to Tested. "It has come to my attention you and my husband do not seem to get along."

"I do not know what you're talking about. He and I have rarely interacted. It is hardly my business with whom you marry and spawn with."

"But it is my business if two members of my crew are engaged in quibbling. Especially when it's caught on camera." The two stared one-another down.

"It's not right, sister. It's not right for you to marry a creature so primitive, so backwards. We don't even know if he can let you have children. Not to mention he was NOT part of the plan."

"Our plan has changed perhaps, but it is still on track! We have located the energy sources, we have done the research to show they are powerful enough for us to weaponize, now we just need to capture them and use them against the council."

"The plan was for US to rule! We would be the new queens of the galaxy! But you have given him MY POSITION! He is now Co-Captain! What does that make me, sister? What has he done to you that meant more to you than what I have done?"

"You are forgetting your place, sister. I have ALWAYS been in charge. Flash is as much a part of me as he is an individual."

"That gives you the right to harm me? To talk down to me when speaking of him? He has no skills, no plans, no place in the galaxy but his own! He only loves you because you FORCED him to!"

"He does not! He loves me, he and I are meant to be!"

"The wedding you held wasn't even sanctioned properly! You just brought him into the captain's chambers and let us attend as you read from the Galaxy Guide! There was no ceremony, no bands of endearment, no paperwork, no photos! The only thing you have is the words of Grunt and I."

"Enough!" Inapan pauses and thinks it over, Tested glaring at her the whole time. "Flash is the love of my life, but that does not mean I do not care about you, Sister." Inapan hugs her twin. "He has things to learn, and abilities to develop, but you're already perfect. There is nothing I can help you better yourself with unless you ask. Perhaps you are right, I have been coddling Flash a bit much, but you're still my sister, and nothing will change that." Tested paused and looked away, sighing. "Can you forgive me?"

"Give me my position back, Sister. I wish to be Co-Captain once more. I am fine with him being first mate, but he will NOT be my superior." Inapan let go, smiling.

"It will be done." Flash entered the room, blinking as he saw the beaten up Tested hugging his wife.

"Uh, am I missing something?"


"What do you mean he's gone?" Indigo Zap asked while pushing aside Lemon Zest, ignoring the sound of Sweetie Belle crying in the living room. "You have the biggest mansion in town, are you sure he's not just lost?"

"I doubt it. Only Lemon's that stupid." Sour Sweet said, coming in after her.

"That was once, after my wisdom tooth surgery." Lemon followed, unhappy in her allies' lack of faith.

"You called me at 3 AM about being lost in a hamster cage." Sugarcoat said, annoyed.

"Wait, you guys actually went? I hung up and went back to bed." Sunny asked in disbelief.

"I was pulling an all-nighter, I'd already run out of cola and needed to go pick up some more anyways." Lightning dismissed. "The point is that Lemon lost our new boy-toy, and none of us are going to get very far with him if he's not there."

"What if she hid him away?" Sunny asked, turning to Lemon.

"Why would I call you if I hid him?" Lemon retorted.

"I'm siding with Zest on this one." Indigo shook her head. "Flash!" she shouted into the house, suddenly. "Flash, where are you?"

"I already tried that! The girls told me he ran away after the short one chewed her out."

"They're all short." Sugarcoat said, confused.

"Do you expect me to remember them by name?"

"Maybe we should focus on something else, considering this one of the last days on Earth? And I'd rather spend it doing anything anywhere with anyone but with you guys," Sour Sweet asked, bitterly.

"I'm not going to die a virgin, Sour." Sugarcoat said rather abruptly. "Normally, I wouldn't give half a second's attention to Flash, but in the end of days the only thing keeping me from going on a rampage is the thought of beating you four to the one thing you all want."

"No wonder we're your only friends." Lemon mumbled.

"I never said that we were, and I probably never will."

"So just so we're all on the same page. If it weren't the end of days Flash wouldn't be the one thing on our minds, right?" Sunny asked.

"Yes."

"Oh yeah."

"Like I'd ever!"

"I already have a boyfriend." Sour Sweet huffed. "Flash is cute and all, and tempting, but he'll never match Faux Ami."

"Your pen pal from French class doesn't count. He's not even French, he's Belgian." Lemon pointed out.

"You're just jealous you got stuck with that creepy war vet who sends you old watches and butterfly knives and calls you his "petite chou-fleur"."

Sunny pushed them both aside. "Girls, we need to focus. If we ever want those wings and horns we have to "harness the magic of friendship" or some stupid stuff like that. The only way we'll get the leeway to do that is if we do these favors for Twilight."

"We're dying in four days, I don't think Twilight's going to give us that. And what about Cinch?" Indigo asked.

"Didn't you hear? The aliens got to her first. She's in the hospital with a broken back." Lemon explained.

"I'm surprised that the hospital's still running instead of being overwhelmed by attempted suicides." Sugarcoat commented. "I may not sound like it, but I am."

"Back on topic, we need to find Flash." Indigo reminded.

"But she also said we need to watch these kids." Lemon muttered.

"We're only taking their words on it. How do we know these kids aren't using us to spend their last days in the laps of luxury?"

"Can you blame them if they are?"

"Eh, true." Indigo admitted. "Lemon, stay here and watch the kids. Sugar, go check Canterlot High. Sunny, check the hospitals and police stations. Sour, you try the mall. I'll look here."

"Right!" They all shouted and split off.

At camp, Twilight and Rainbow rested after a long day of fighting. Twilight sat in the tent wearing Rainbow's mask as an experiment. Mostly because she'd chipped a tooth fighting and dislocated a shoulder in training. Rainbow was outside, also sleeping as Pinkie and Sunset hobbled into camp, leaning on one-another. Behind them was Applejack in an oversized t-shirt and shorts whilst carrying a black garbage bag, and Fluttershy, who looked exhausted.

"Dash, Dash, you up?" Sunset asked.

"I am now."

"It turns out I was right, something bad was going on. The aliens are definitely serious this time."

"I'm kinda surprised it took her this long to try and kill us." Rainbow confessed. "You know, considering how we pretty much stepped on her toes every opportunity we could."

"Do you think that this could have gone differently?" Sunset asked. "If we just told them the secret?"

"Have we been fighting the same girls? Because last I saw those two were criminally insane. I saw her shoot a police officer dead in front of her son. Violence was inevitable... speaking of which, what happened to you?"

Before she could explain, Twilight's yawn came from the tent, cutting her off. Rolling her neck, she took off her clothes and began looking herself over.

"So, uh..." Pinkie said, watching the silhouette, confused. "Why is she-?"

"Oh, she put on my mask to see if it would heal her. I guess she's just double-checking."

"Oooh! Sunset, Sunset, put on my mask! No, wait, lemme wear yours! I wanna see what happens!"

"Nothing." Twilight cut in, sticking her head out of the tent. "It did nothing. I'll have to make a mental note to go to the dentist after this all blows over." She went back in to get dressed, Pinkie sighing in disappointment.

"Anyways, you guys look pretty beat up, except for Fluttershy. What's with her?" Fluttershy mumbled something under her breath, barely audible.

"She had to evacuate the school while we kept the other two busy." Applejack explained.

"So both sisters were there? Hm, a pity we couldn't have taken them out."

"Oh no, that's the weird part!" Sunset Shimmer cut in. "She brought in someone she said was me!"

"And she sure looked the part. Same hair, same skin, same penchant for destroying private property..." Applejack realized she just messed up. "Er, no offence."

"Please, she never picked up a sledgehammer." Sunset laughed it off. "But she was certainly tough; pyrokinesis, burning wings, the strength to destroy floors and walls."

"Man, that's just crazy. How the heck are we supposed to compete with ourselves?" Rainbow asked.

"They're not exactly like us, she looked like she was thirty or something. I wouldn't put it past them to clone all of us though, so we should keep on our toes."

"They're really taking out the big guns. How come they don't just blow us up now?" Applejack asked.

"I assume they want to humiliate us before going for the killing blow. I mean, it's not terribly smart but I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth."

"Wait, what if Flash is a clone?" Pinkie asked. "I mean, he doesn't remember us going out. And he doesn't act like Flash at all!"

"That's wha-" Sunset Shimmer sighed. "It is very likely that is a clone of Flash Sentry. I didn't trust him because he kept calling me by the wrong names, but you assumed brainwashing. Brainwashing doesn't work like that, I would know."

"And we just left him alone with-" Applejack realizes in horror. She got up and ran towards town, taking out her phone to call Rarity. Rainbow followed, equally worried about Scootaloo.

Twilight emerges from the tent, dressed in her normal clothing and sitting next to Sunset Shimmer as Rarity dashed past, Spike barely able to follow her before stopping in the camp.

"Man. what's her problem?" Spike asked as Twilight picked him up.

"She thinks Sweetie Belle's in danger. I better call the Shadowbolts to make sure though." Sunset Shimmer passed her phone to Twilight.