• Published 12th Oct 2015
  • 947 Views, 15 Comments

Equestria Girls: Secrets Beyond the Stars - GoldenGoomba900



A mysterious woman arrives in Canterlot High, and her sights are on Flash Sentry. But something seems off about her. Must be because she's an alien.

  • ...
10
 15
 947

Is This Love?

Flash wandered the storage bay, looking for his car past the endless supply of crates.

"Jeeze, they were prepared to be here forever." he mumbled, passing yet another box marked "food". He recalled dinner last night, with the crew.

The meal was hazderfes from Gob D'fekir 8. Flash had wondered how a planet was so well liked that it had gotten that many sequels, but that was a bit less important than eating. On his plate was some kind of purple steak that wriggled when he touched it. A bottle of some strange, glowing white liquid served as his drink, and an array of warped and bent utensils (that he assumed were used like forks) sat on both sides of the plate.

"Are you enjoying dinner, honey?" Inapan had asked, noticing his reluctance.

"Well, do you have anything else?" He had the mistake of answering.

"What's wrong, is the hazderf not fresh enough?"

"I think the problem is it's still alive."

"It tastes better that way." Tested butt in.

"Yes Flash, at least try some before asking for something else." The boy turned his attention back to the living steak and picked up a utensil, attempting to stab it.

"Flash!" Inapan interjected, moments before the metal pierced the unusual piece of food. "You're not using the right silverware!" She shook her head and got up, going to his side. "I suppose it's fair, you had to use "forks" and "spoons" like savages."

Flash shook his head, trying to skip his memory of the hour-long lesson on which dorn to use on meat, which dorn for vegetables, which dorn to use on living meat, which dorn to use to cut the meat, which dorn to use to defend yourself, which dorn to use when eating custard, which dorn to use when assassinating whomever sits to your right, which one to use when assassinating the one to your left, on and on and on the lesson went, and the steak having crawled off his plate multiple times before she finally just gave him the right one and let him eat. He felt like "dorn" wasn't even a real word anymore.

He returned to his search, hoping that his wife hadn't sent him on a wild goose chase. Just as he was about to give up, he heard the revving of an engine. He ran to the source, bobbing and weaving through crates until the black coupe came into his vision.

Flash Sentry's car was one of his two prides and joys, his other being the bass he'd kept in the trunk. The sleek, black, two door was a gift from his wealthy grandfather, who claimed it had come into his possession following a deal with a wealthy man named Filthy Rich.

Flash loved that car like it was his own child, he'd custom painted it, he'd worked on the internals during Shop class, he'd even gone so far as to actually perform oil changes the recommended 3000 miles! As he rushed to his car, he pushed the robots working and testing it to the ground, trying to hug the vehicle one would a horse or a large dog.

Backing away to get a better look, Flash noticed a few adjustments had been made. The undercarriage glowed like the local DJ's car did, two metal fins had been welded onto the trunk, and all the windows had been tinted black.

"Woah..." He muttered, looking it over. "But wh-"

"Do you like it, my little nerfherder?" Inapan's voice came from inside the vehicle, the window rolling down. "I figured you'd like to see what we could do to your primitive chariot."

"I-it's impressive!" He confessed as she stepped out of the car.

"I had Grunt fix everything, and add a few touches. It's a wonder it ran at all considering it used a "gasoline"-based engine!" She shook her head, opening the hood of the car and showing Flash the internals. Glowing tubes connected pieces of the machine to one-another, all the parts had been replaced with small clear boxes that let Flash see the motion and interaction between them. In the center was the largest clear box, where it appeared to be two magnets connected by wires holding a round piece of metal in place. "I'm just surprised you humans hadn't discovered phlogiston yet."

Flash stared at the car, then at Inapan blinking, and trying to realize these emotions.

"Wow, thanks. A-are you sure you don't want anything in return?" He asked, unsure.

"Nope, I've already got the best prize in the galaxy." She kissed Flash on the cheek, the boy blushing in response. "Now if you excuse me, there's something in the lab I need to investigate." She ran off, Flash gently rubbing his cheek and looking at his new ride.


Twilight entered Rarity's bedroom, wearing her mask.

"Good news girls, they work!" she shouted delightfully. "And there's no apparent side-effects!" The group stared at Twilight Sparkle's robot mask, unsure how to react. She had shown them the masks before but they expected a bit more... change, given what they were dealing with.

"That's... good?" Rarity asked, Spike climbing out of Twilight's bag and passing out the masks.

"It's better than good! Watch!" Twilight picked up the bed while Pinkie sat on it, with one hand. The group gasped as they saw this happen.

"But... how?" Applejack asked.

"Well, it's actually really simple, I-"

"That was probably rhetorical." Sunset interrupted, chuckling.

"But we still have a problem." Rainbow said, putting hers on. "Won't we look like a bunch of idiots running around with nothing but colored masks? And what if someone attacks our body, a mask probably won't help if someone stomps on our feet."

"You're right, we'd need some kind of armor..." Pinkie said, thinking deeply.

"Yes, who can make us defensive but formfitting costumes in less than a week?" Applejack remarked sarcastically.

"Gee, what a difficult problem." Fluttershy giggled to herself.

"Duh! Obviously we're gonna ask Rarity!" Spike said, blind to the tone they'd adopted. The group looked to Rarity, who laughed heartily, putting the mask on.

"Well, when you ask me like that I can't say no, darling!"