• Published 12th Oct 2015
  • 947 Views, 15 Comments

Equestria Girls: Secrets Beyond the Stars - GoldenGoomba900



A mysterious woman arrives in Canterlot High, and her sights are on Flash Sentry. But something seems off about her. Must be because she's an alien.

  • ...
10
 15
 947

Two Heads

Flash found himself in a sinister hallway, throbbing pain in his skull. It was far too dark for him to see, but what he felt was what worried him. The floor was unstable, in almost constant movement, and shifting uncontrollably when he attempted to move. Unfamiliar feelings haunted his senses as he tried to go forward, unsure as to how he got there or why. Noises and sounds barraged him from all around, his blindness just somehow getting worse the further he went. Finally, Flash felt a door in front of him and began grasping for it, and trying to push or pull his way through, alternating before it finally budged. As he fell to the ground, he took deep, and terrified breaths as he felt a hand grab his shoulder. Slowly turning, Flash saw in the darkness, Princess Inapan with a pair of golden wings and a sinister smile on her face, and her entire body displacing the blackness.

He woke up screaming, but he wasn't sure why. Getting up, Flash went to the bathroom and opened the medicine cabinet. He stared at a bottle of aspirin, carefully reading the instructions as his headache carried from his dream. Taking a few, he returned to bed. Whenever he tried to think about the dream, his mind sent a bolt of pain through his head.

The next morning was slow and average for Flash, his headache growing worse and the thought of Princess repeatedly coming up. Skipping breakfast, Flash made a quick run to the school.

"Inapan!" he shouted as he saw her, in relief. The pain in his head was subsiding quicker as he got closer to her. As he finally grabbed her for a hug, she smiled devilishly.

"Flash Sentry, it is wonderful to see you once more." she returned the embrace, letting go once he did. "Tell me, Sentry. Have you met my friend?"

By her side was a woman who looked just like her, right down to the smallest detail. She had the same hair, the same eyes, the same clothing. The only difference he could see was that their belt's gems were different colors. While Inapan's was a blood red her companion's was a lackluster blue. "Her name is Tested Worrily. Tested, this is my boyfriend, Flash Sentry."

"Boyfriend?" he asked, looking at Inapan and receiving a painful glare in return. Blinking, he tried to recall what he was doing.

"It is a pleasure, Sentry." the second girl took off her gloves and hesitantly shook his hand. "I am here to assist Princess Inapan in whatever she wishes." Inapan looked annoyed at this for some reason.

"Yes, but first, go and make some friends. Those girls look promising!" she pointed to Sunset Shimmer and company as they entered the school. "Have fun." she shoved her minion away and grabbed Flash. "Come, let's go have some fun of our own, yes?"

"Uh... sure?" he responded, confused by this turn of events


The girls soon arrived in school, wary of Princess Inapan and not confirming or denying her status as an alien. They certainly didn't leave out the possibility.

Sunset Shimmer outlined the plan: "OK, we might have to miss a few classes in order to keep an eye on her but I share first and fourth hour with Flash. She seems to be sticking to him like glue so it's more than likely they'll be-" she trailed off as what appeared to be Inapan approached, wearing a blue jewel in her belt rather than the red one.

"Hello there!" she said, smiling. "I am Inapan's... sister. And she is mine! I am Tested, and I wish to be... allies." the unusual girl offered a hand which only Pinkie shook. "I am looking forward for enjoyable activities."

"Y-yeah, it's... nice to meet you." Twilight said hesitantly. "Can you excuse us for a moment?"

The group ducked into the ladies room and locked the door behind them.

"She's onto us!" Twilight said, letting Spike out of the bag to join the conversation. "What do we do?"

"Now, we don't need to freak out." Applejack said, patting her on the shoulder. "Just because she sent her creepy twin to hang out with us DOESN'T mean either of them are evil. It just means some of us have to keep Tested busy while the others watch Inapan. Now, we just need to figure out who gets who."

"Dibs on Princess!" almost all of the girls shouted at once, it being quite clear they preferred to be stealthy than deal with it head-on.

"Okay, listen." Spike said. "It only takes two to spy. If one of you goes out there with Princess, and another two deals with Principal Celestia, two can keep... Tested? Her name is Tested? ...Whatever, keep Tested busy while the remaining two cover for them. Alright?"

"Spike's right... again." Shimmer nodded. "We don't need to freak out about this. Me and Twilight will cover for you guys while Rainbow keeps an eye on them. Rarity and Pinkie can keep her friend occupied while Fluttershy and Applejack show Principal Celestia what we found."


Principal Celestia was sitting in her office, playing solitaire on her desk as she waited patiently for the obligatory "first thing in the morning" children with fake problems and sick slips to begin coming in. Honestly, she needed to put a sign up on her door redirecting them to Luna. Maybe then she'd stop sitting around in the dark. That or she'd scare most of them off. One or the other, it would be a win-win for Principal Celestia. Although they were saving a surprising amount on electric bills.

Right on cue, the moment Celestia began thinking of adopting an energy saving policy, two students showed up: Applejack and Fluttershy.

"Oh it's you. Thank goodness, I thought it was another kid asking about poor grades or getting a pass for a made up holiday. What can I do for you two?" she asked, relief sweeping over her.

"Princess Inapan is..." Applejack stopped herself, realizing that shouting this revelation would probably end with both of them tossed out immediately. They needed to start off small and build up to this. "What I mean is we found some... disconcerting things out in the forest, by the school, and we figured, as a member of the city council you might be interested in investigating."

Principal Celestia raised her brow, but gave them the benefit of the doubt. They'd help save the school three times now, they've earned some leeway. "Well, what's wrong?" she asked. "Was there a fire? Are the wolves back again? Was someone bitten and might have rabies?"

"O-oh no, nothing like that. Something far worse though..." Fluttershy said. "We went out hiking yesterday and found some things."

"You have my attention. Tell me what they were." Principal Celestia prided herself on keeping professional in the presence of students.

"We saw a giant metal wall, and when we peaked through a crack at the bottom of it, we saw a giant green monitor! A-and we found this thing nearby too!"

Applejack took out her phone and dug around for the photo Rarity had given her. Celestia sat, unimpressed before she brought it up.

A short pause came as Applejack showed her the evidence. "What is that?"

The girls opened their mouths to answer but they realized they weren't quite sure either. "W-we dunno. There's just- it just kinda sat there and smelled funny." Applejack said, telling her what the group had told them.

"Applejack, Fluttershy, I believe what we have here is" the principal paused, "a lava lamp."

"What?" they both asked.

"A lava lamp. It's clearly stylized but I know one when I see it." Principal Celestia shook her head. "I can't believe you girls have never seen a lava lamp before! I know they haven't been that big since the seventies but they're still sold... actually, I believe Vice Principal Luna has one."

"B-but-"

"You girls had me worried for a while there." She gave the phone back. "That reminds me, if you saw a large metal door, out in the middle of the woods, and you looked through and saw a monitor, what would you think?"

"It wasn't the monitor that worried us i-"

"Some people live in the forest, Fluttershy. How do you know you just didn't stumble upon someone's house?"

"I-it was underground, and had no doors or windows!"

"I understand you two are confused, but you are clearly overreacting. A camper must have dropped his lava lamp in the woods, and you probably found one of the old war bunkers."

"But Principal Celestia, the monitor had a picture o-"

"No, no, you're just confused and panicked. You can go talk to the guidance counselor and the history teacher so they can explain these things to you."

Applejack and Fluttershy left, defeated, as Principal Celestia returned to her game. "Tut tut tut, has our education system sunk so low that children are scared of the past now?" She paused. "Although, now that I think on it, I don't remember there being ANY bunkers in the forest."


While Fluttershy and Applejack were thinking up a Plan B, Rarity and Pinkie tried their best to keep their unwanted companion busy.

"So!" Tested said. "Is this the location of which frivolity and fun is had?"

"Of course, it's the funnest part of the school!" Rarity smiled. "I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself."

"Go on now, have fun!" Pinkie nodded.

"Aren't you going to join?" she asked.

"We'll join you later, just start without us!" Rarity said, shutting the door behind her.

"Rarity?" Pinkie asked, staring at the hard, metal door with a hint of worry in her voice. "Are we bad people?"

"Well, whatever gave you that idea?" Rarity asked.

"We just locked the new girl on the roof of the building. We could have at least killed time in the library or brought her to the gym or a computer lab."

"She would have been discovered, and we'd be punished! Although... now that you mention it this does feel... wrong."

"And what if she really is Inapan's sister? I don't think I'd like it if somebody locked Maude up on the roof. Not to mention she seems a bit... slow."

"Oooh you're right, this isn't anything like us!" Rarity opened the door to find the roof empty. "Oh no, ooooh no, ooooh nononononono!"

The two rushed out onto the roof, looking around, mortified.

"She's not anywhere up here do you think she...?" Pinkie asked as the two rushed to the side of the roof and looked down, finding nothing. "W-where'd she go?"

"Behind you." Tested's voice came from from exactly there before the door shut.

"On some level we deserve this." Rarity confessed.

"But how, we looked all over!" Pinkie asked, at this point also wondering why the door didn't unlock from both sides.

"She's smarter than she looks, I'll give her that. I suppose with a costume that tacky she has to be. I'll text Sunset Shimmer to get us down, and warn the rest about her escape."

"Rarity, look!" Pinkie pointed to the parking lot.

"What is it Pinkie? I don't see anything."

"Exactly! Flash's car isn't there!"

Author's Note:

You're probably wondering why the girls aren't calling for help from other adults. Well, the only people with authority to deal with the Paranormal are The Ghostbusters. Unfortunately, the city's team don't take Pinkie's calls anymore.