• Published 12th Oct 2015
  • 947 Views, 15 Comments

Equestria Girls: Secrets Beyond the Stars - GoldenGoomba900



A mysterious woman arrives in Canterlot High, and her sights are on Flash Sentry. But something seems off about her. Must be because she's an alien.

  • ...
10
 15
 947

Yet Another Speech

A green tent had been set out in the forest, where the girls sat inside, and sighing looking at one another. Chased out of town with a bounty on their heads, taken from their homes with hardly a goodbye to their families, not more than ten minutes to pack and bring what they needed, and the group were in a deep depression.

"I can't believe this." Rainbow said, having been the first one to say anything since they'd met up. "After everything. After saving their hides, after defeating demons, lunatics, and THIS is how they treat us!"

"To be fair," Fluttershy countered. "We only assumed they'd hunt us down. F-for all we know they could be cleaning the town as we speak."

"Do you want to turn back and risk it?" The entire group were silent. "I thought so."

Sunset Shimmer dug around in her bag, pulling out her mask. "We still have the masks. We can use the powers to-"

"Oh, to do what? What could we POSSIBLY do? Applejack could arm her to death! Pinkie could stare at her until it all stops. Twilight could throw her! I could just sit there and do nothing. These are GREAT powers. Really glad we put our faith into these pieces of plastic!" Rainbow's rant continued on past this, but the girls didn't really want to listen. "Princess Twilight would be a REAL help right about now but UNFORTUNATELY she's off on her own magical friendship adventure, while we are going to die!"

"Rainbow, that's enough!" Twilight got up and grabbed Dash by the shoulders, giving her a good shake. "You're getting hysterical!" With a quick slap, Twilight took the helm. "The last thing we need is more fear and anger. These powers CAN be useful, and we CAN do this."

"I-I know what you're saying Twilight," Rarity admitted, "but Rainbow raises a lot of good points. We don't know anything about our powers, and those we do know don't seem to hurt them."

"Then we just have to practice. We need to learn these powers and everything about them. Masks on girls, it's going to be a long week."


The Mayor had, thankfully for all involved, declared it best to leave the crime scenes open to the general public, and school was in session once more. Trixie & Microchips received a pardon, true to Diamond Tiara's word, and had arrived just in time for the latest school assembly.

As they entered the school gymnasium, it had seemed every teen in the school had come this time. Every clique, from the nerds to the rockers to the jocks, had come to see Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna. Even most of the faculty had arrived as well, sadly resigned to the fact that they would spend their last few days on Earth in the same dead-end high school.

"Welcome, welcome everyone! I am so glad to see all of you here!" Vice Principal Luna shouted.

The crowd did not respond back. "Yes, well. We have called you hear to discuss the distressing the situation." Most of the teens went on to ignore her. They didn't need a repeat of Diamond Tiara's speech. They all knew why they were called here and what she was going to tell them. Really, they'd found this entire exercise pointless. The only reason they didn't just skip it was because they'd rather not get the Principals upset with them. "Without further ado here is your Principal Celestia!" Luna handed off the mic and ran off to her own assembly, the students giving halfhearted applause and cheers.

At the Police Station, a similar speech was started by Mayor Mare. "You may be wondering why I called you here on the eve of the end, to talk about your careers... because, my dear companions this is NOT the end. This is far, far from it!"

"We have heard what that woman has said to us." Filthy Rich said, safely in the confines of his televised nuclear bunker, sitting with his wife on nice, fancy chairs, holding glasses of sparkling apple cider, and in their nicest clothing. "She has called us many, terrible things, she has committed terrible, monstrous crimes, and worst of all she almost made us perform acts just as heinous as hers!"

"But we didn't man." Tree Hugger gladly pronounced to a crowd of hippies and homeless people. "We took the high road. We refused to hand over seven little girls to some... loony from space, man! But I'll tell you what we are gonna do."

"We are going to FIGHT!" Celestia said, rousing the crowd once more. "We are going to show her that Earthlings are more than just insects! We are going to show her that humanity cares for its planet just as much as we care for ourselves."

"How do we do this?" A police officer asked, the Mayor turning to him.

"How? By keeping peace and order! By doing what we should have done before, but better!"

"We, dear citizens" Filthy Rich said adjusting his tie, "are going to fix this city. An uphill climb it may be. A challenging prospect, a worrying ideal, however you phrase it, it looks intimidating."

"But that's not a bad thing, man! Challenge just shows how strong we are when we overcome it!" Treehugger announced. "Did we stop when they opened that chicken and taco place without promising cruelty-free products?"

"No!" Shouted one student from the school's crowd.

"Did we falter when the Shadowbolts tried to take us down?" Celestia asked.

"No!" Announced the chief of police.

"Are we going to let our town go to ruins over some megalomaniac?" The Mayor repeated.

"Of course not!" Filthy Rich said, standing up and tossing his drinking glass aside. "What we ARE going to do is-"

"Work together, man!"

"Make the city clean!"

"Make it safe!"

"And when she comes to inspect, makes snide remarks, and mocks us for doing exactly what she wants, what are we going to say?"

"Like, I dunno man. Maybe you're just upset we're doing this better than you could."

The school cheered, leading Celestia to continue. "When she comes to us on the final day, she stares at what we've done, and we WILL see the look of shock and amazement!"

The police cheered. "Our city will not fall to such a threat, not so long as I am alive!"

People watching the broadcast at home cheered as Filthy Rich took off his suit and tie to reveal a nice clean undershirt, and shockingly impressive abs! "Let's go out there! Let's get our job done!" He was tossed a shovel from off-camera and left, leaving his wife alone. Before she could say anything, the transmission ended.

"Let's get to work." Twilight announced, the girls taking out their suits and masks.

Cue Music:

[Twilight]

I never thought we'd ever get to see

A danger of this scale, to you and me.

But look at me and I will tell you that this

Is not another climb from an abyss

[Sunset]

Do you remember what we all have done?

Just like us the day is still very young.

[Rarity]

Let us get to work and let our tears dry

For today is not the day that we'll die

[Celestia]

Let's get to work and show our best

To let our heroes get some rest

And show Princess the world will pass her test

[Shining]

Forget Miss Cinch, let's just both go home

[Cadence]

The forest is no place for us to roam.

[Both]

I really hope Twilight and Spike are fine.

If they're not I'd probably lose my mind

[Rich]

Let's get to work and show our best

Let's get it done and off our chest

And show Princess the world will pass her test

[Flash]

How can I love one who'll destroy my home?

How can I love someone who is unknown?

My path had used to be so clear to me,

But the world's grown so clouded I can't see

[Mayor]

Let's get to work and show our best

The importance cannot be stressed

To show Princess the world will pass her test

[Inapan]

It's plain to see I've clearly won

My Flash is with me, and filled up with glee

Earth will be gone

[All]

Let's get to work

Let's get to work

Let's get to work

Let's get to work

Author's Note:

Many songs were considered for that montage. The Caesar's Jerk It Out, Les Miserables' Do You Hear the People Sing and One Day More (to tie in with a joke in an earlier chapter), even one of Weird Al's Polkas! I ultimately chose Heat of the Moment because of its consistent lyrical mix.