• Published 12th Oct 2015
  • 947 Views, 15 Comments

Equestria Girls: Secrets Beyond the Stars - GoldenGoomba900



A mysterious woman arrives in Canterlot High, and her sights are on Flash Sentry. But something seems off about her. Must be because she's an alien.

  • ...
10
 15
 947

The Reveal

"What I'm saying" Flash began "Is that stripping me naked and taking my stuff is not cool, even if we are supposedly, married. Like, imagine if I knocked you out, undressed and redressed you, and stole all your stuff."

"Oh Flash, that sounds kind of attractive." She blushed and leaned into him.

"Wha- no! That's not what I'm saying! I'm saying tha-"

"Hello." Tested said, entering the room and cutting him off. "I trust I'm not interrupting something?"

"Yes, yes yo-"

"Of course not!" Inapan said, shaking her head. "Flash was just telling me about "brass tacks", whatever those are. Is there something the matter?"

"Kinda." Tested gave the two sheets of papers that were covered in numbers and words and phrases that even the translator couldn't help Flash decipher. Inapan gasped dramatically.

"Flash, do you know what these mean?" She sounded astounded.

"I think that's a pi symbol?" Flash said, tilting the paper in an attempt to see if he wasn't holding it upside down.

"It means there's an interdimensional rift open right outside your high-school, where the source of the mysterious energy that gives Sunset Shimmer and her companions their powers comes from. It also means humanity has discovered inter-dimensional travel before the rest of the galaxy, yet still haven't managed to learn how to make it outside of their own solar system." Tested answered.

"Wait, strange energy? You mean you guys knew about the girls' powers and stuff?" Flash asked. "How did you find out if I didn't tell you?"

"Oh Flash, I can control your mind. Do you really think you can keep secrets from me in that itty-bitty baby brain you humans have?" She pinched his cheek and shook gently. "You couldn't escape my grasp even if you wanted to."

"Wait, wait. You can read my mind?!"

"No I can't." Inapan said, sending a bolt of pain through his head. He blanked and shook his head.

"Sorry, where were we? Right. You mean you guys knew about the girls' powers and stuff?"

"Of course we do, Flash. Sunset Shimmer fought with my sister. Do you really think she'd have beaten her without them?"

"Uh..."

"Actually" Tested interjected. "It was more of a draw. I quit after they threw me out of a window. Anyways, judging by the fact Sunset Shimmer's DNA has more than four times the genomes as Flash's does that she, and is in fact from this other dimension."

"...I'm sorry, run that past me again?" Flash said, worried.

"She has a more complex series of DNA than your human's and has powers far beyond what we've observed in Flash. She is an entirely different species who are more closely related to the species you humans call "horses". She also seems to conta- Flash, are you OK?" Tested gave her halfhearted explanation before Flash began holding his head and staring at the floor, eyes wide open as the information entered his mind.

"Now Flash, honey, it's not your fault." Princess said, adopting a comforting tone. "We wouldn't have known either if we hadn't taken some of her hairs to the lab. Besides, it's not like you were lovers."

There was a short pause as Flash failed to react.

"I-I think I'm going to go take a long, long shower." He got up and left the two alone.

"Well well, I thought you said you could read his mind, sister." Tested mocked.

"He never thought about her! At least, not when he was with me... Do we still have that phone?" She smirked.

"It's still connected to the comms."

"Well, looks like we'll be calling up a few friends."


Meanwhile, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo finally escaped the funhouse, gasping and panting.

"That wasn't fun at all..." Applebloom confessed.

"Maybe that's why my parents never let me go." Scoots muttered and took out her phone. "Let's find out if anyone else is still stuck in there, if your job was anything like mine you probably missed lunch."

"There you are!" Sweetie Belle approached, exasperated. "I looked all over! The CSIs left three hours ago, and they reopened the carnival."

"Oh thank goodness, now we can just let the carnies do that work and we can leave it be, right?" Apple Bloom asked.

"What about the carnival goers? They'll still litter the fairgrounds if we leave." Scootaloo said, waiting for the person on the other end to answer.

"It's only a carnival, how bad could it get?"

"Actually..." Sweetie began as The Crusaders stepped out from the funhouse exit, into a large, and swarming crowd of people who were having the time of their lives. "You know how Sandlewood distracted the police?"

"You've got to be kidding me!"

"Aw, come on now!"

People from all over had come to the carnival, crowds and swaths of them filling up the rides, eating the food, and dirtying the place. The carnies had it good, even those at the freak show had customers coming to see the faked deformities.

"So everything we did was...?" Apple Bloom began.

"Absolutely pointless." Sweetie said, sighing gently as Scootaloo hung up.

"I almost forgot Rainbow's phone doesn't work..." She sighed as Apple Bloom realized something.

"Wait, what about Flash's?"

The girls all stared at one-another as a moment of realization struck. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle began dialing their sisters and Scootaloo frowning as she tried to recall any of the other's numbers.


At the School, everything had actually gone well. The students had managed to clean most of the school from the supply rooms, to the class-rooms, to the scorch marks, and to the kitchen. They still, however had one massive problem. As they all stared at the hole where a fanciful plate glass window once stood, the dirtied, and worried class just came up empty on answers.

"We could buy some at the hardware store." One student suggested.

"But the problem is how do we get it up there and in a good design." Another said. As the crowd of students stared at the setting sun, their options limited, and even without the police attention.

"I really wish the art budget hadn't been cut." One student lamented.


Flash sat in the storage bay, in his car, unsure what to think about his predicament. He was actually falling in love with Inapan! The girl who'd threatened his species, nearly killed his father, and kidnapped him! But she also did things for him. She brought his father back to life, she fixed up his car, and she let him have a room far nicer than his own and did her best to try to make it feel like home. Popping open the trunk, Flash dug around through various school books and car repair equipment to find his guitar case. Taking it out and opening it up, the boy removed his bass.

Flash's bass was his other most prized possession. It helped him de-stress many times, brought him money from the competitions he and his band had won, and had brought him and Sunset Shimmer together. He began to tune it, gently strumming and picking at the strings to get the perfect tone. He shut the car's trunk and went up to the hood, sitting on it and playing a low, and dulcet tune he'd written for his band.

The sound of his bass echoed through the saucer, reflecting off the metal walls and letting every member on the ship hear every note. Flash didn't know any songs that he could sing without a lead guitarist, admittedly. Usually he'd just play and one of his rocker friends would pick up on where he was going. But not here.

Before the boy could start singing, he heard a muffled jingle. Setting his bass aside, Flash opened his car, finding the jingle grow loud. Popping open the glove compartment, to no avail. Snapping his fingers, Flash dug around in the front seat cushions and found the source: his cell phone.

"Hello?" He asked, confused.

"Flash! Oh sweet Celestia, the crusaders were- Flash, listen closely."

"Oh, it's you, Shimmer." A series a bittersweet emotion brushed over him. They had needed to talk, but he'd have preferred face-to-face. "I-"

"The Googolplex burned down."

"What?!"

"Relax, nobody wa-"

"Relax!? That was the one thing you were told to protect!"

"I know! I know... it was an accident. But I need you to help. What we need i-"

"No, listen. We need to talk. Inapan told me your secret." There was a pause from Sunset's side.

"I'm sorry...?"

"You come from some weird other dimension! And you never told me! Not even jokingly, you just straight up lied to me!"

"Flash, listen, I-"

"You aren't even human!" This brought Shimmer to silence. "I let you into my house, into my life! I did everything, I treated you like a goddess, and I didn't even hold a fuss when we broke up! And this is how I find out? This is how I found out your big secret!"

"Flash you don't understand, I can't just, and you'd never have believed me!"

"You never tried me." He took a deep breath, both sides silent. "There, that's-that's off my chest. What do you need?"

"Are you sure you're past this? Even after we-"

"No, no. I'm FAR from over this. After this me, you, and the rest of the girls are going to have a long talk about... everything. About the talking dog, about Twilight, about you, about everything. But for now, just keep talking. Tell me what you called me about."

"I- how did you find out?"

"Tested found the statue portal thingy and had grabbed a few of your hairs. They have this big lab, with machines and monsters and holding tubes and stuff. They ran your hairs through something and told me about the results. There, I told you what I know, just tell me what you need and I'll see what I can do."

"We need you to either give us more time, or have her think of a new location. We'll completely fail if she finds out what happened, and we don't need this kind of pressure!"

"Do NOT pull the pressure card on me. I am on an alien space-ship, possibly billions of miles away, eating living foods with dorns, going through painful, weird surgeries, I can't find half of my stuff, and my dad's being held prisoner in who-knows-where!" He paused and took a breath. "I'll see if I can change her mind, or at least make her forget the theater, OK?"

Sunset smiled and looked at her friends, a look of bittersweetness covering her face.

"Well, good news and bad news, I suppose." She sighed as Applejack tried to figure out how to remove the arms gained by her newly acquired power. "Good news is that Flash has his phone, and considering how most phone plans don't cover past the Milky Way, he's probably still on Earth. Bad News is that he and Inapan know about the portal, our powers, and my dirty little secret..."

"He knows you sleep in the school wrestling room?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"Wha- no! That I'm not human! And from the portal! He said he'll do what he can with Inapan but he's obviously not very... well, chipper." Sunset put her mask aside. "Come on, we need to spring Trixie out of prison. Do any of you guys know what the bail is for Obstruction of Justice?"