• Published 2nd Oct 2015
  • 250 Views, 0 Comments

I'm Bored - Draconican



Twilight is bored, and says as much. She won't be for much longer.

  • ...
 0
 250

Well, She Was, At least.

I’m Bored

Those were Twilights words. She said them in her library, and she said them after Applejack and Rarity left for Manehatten. And it was true, she was. So she said them again.

“I’m boooored.” she groaned.

“Hey, I’m the one without a comic.” Spike groused at her.

Twilight looked at the comic she had already finished reading. It hadn’t even lasted her a minute. She levitated it back to Spike with a sigh.

“You know, you could see if there’s anything new to read at the bookstore.” Spike said, grabbing the comic from the air. “At least then, you’d have something to do.”

“I just went to the bookstore.” Twilight said. “I’ve read all those books, to.”

“Well, I guess you’ll just have to find something else to do.” Spike said, jumping down from his seat, and walking towards his room. “I’m sure you’ll find something.”

Twilight watched him go, before resting her chin on the map table. She sat like that for a few minutes, thinking of something to do. Unfortunately, as tends to be the case when someone’s bored, nothing came to mind.

“I’m bored.” She sighed once more, just for emphasis.

“Bored?” said a voice from somewhere. Twilights head shot up. “We can’t have that, now can we?” it laughed.

Twilight jumped onto her hooves. “Who’s there?!” She demanded. “Discord?”

“Discord?” The voice asked, and Twilight realized it was not. “Do I sound like that snake to you?”

The voice did not. While masculine, it was a higher pitch, and she could hear the barely restrained laughter behind every word. “Who are you, then?” she demanded once more.

“Who, muah?” The voice asked. “Why, my name is Vix.” And with that, a grinning fox appeared in the middle of the table, one fore-paw placed against his chest. “I heard your pleas of boredom, and decided to help you.”

“Help me, how, exactly?” Twilight asked, taking a few, careful steps back. Something about this fox made her uneasy.

“Simple.” Vix said. “I’m going to give you something to do. For instance,” he hopped up on his hind legs, and thrust his front paws up, “fending off an army of amoebas!”

Twilight blinked. The fox held his pose. “Amoebas?” Twilight asked. “So, I just need to get some disinfectant to win, hu? That should be easy.” She smirked.

“No no no no no.” Vix said, dropping back down onto all fours. “That wouldn't be any fun at all. At. All.” He glared. “So instead, I’m making them pony sized, and giving them spears and battering rams. Have fun!” He waved, before disappearing.

“Uh, huh.” Twilight said slowly. “Well, that was odd. I wonder if he can actually do that.” A loud bang from the front door rang out. “Guess that answers that.” She said, rushing off to see what this army looked like.

It only took a few moments for her to rush through the crystal halls of her castle, and reach a window looking out over her front door. What she saw was exactly what she had feared.

An small army of pony sized, amoeba shaped blobs, wielding spears and a battering ram.

“Again!” One of them yelled, brandishing its spear towards her castle. The amoebas holding the ram pulled back, and swung the large weapon forward, slamming it into her door with a loud bang.

“Oh, no you don’t!” Twilight yelled out the window. “This is my castle, and I’m letting you in!”

“Haha, little pony.” The amoeba that pointed its spear yelled back. “We shall see! Again!” He shouted at the ram wielders, once more brandishing his spear.

The amoebas working the ram pulled back, before ramming it forward, only to be stopped by a shimmering field of magenta magic. They then found themselves falling back from a flash of light as Twilight teleported into their ranks.

“I said, you are not getting. Into. My. Castle!” Twilight yelled, her horn lighting up, bolts of magic shooting forth, striking the amoebas down, one by one.

“Flee!” The amoebas shouted, seeing their comrades stuck down. “Flee!” They turned tail and ran, bolts of magic continuing to fly through their ranks.

Once the last one was out of sight, Twilight let her horn dim, and huffed in annoyance. “Stay away from my castle!” She shouted after the amoebas.

“Woo!” the shout, and the sound of clapping, drew Twilights attention to the side, where the fox was lounging in a beach chair, a cup of something to his side, and popcorn sitting in front of him. “Good job!” He cheered. “I thought that’d take you longer.”

“Right. I beat your army.” Twilight growled, glaring at the fox. “Now, go away.”

“Aww.” Vix pouted. “But I wanted to see how dealt with the meteor.”

“Meteor?” Twilight asked, ears drooping. “What meteor?”

Vix just pointed up, taking a sip of his drink.

Twilight looked where he pointed, and her face fell in horror. Directly above her castle was a massive, red meteor, trailing streams of fire as it descended upon them. "Why is there a meteor there?!" Twilight shouted in a panic.

"I thought it'd be fun to see how you dealt with it." Vix said, waving a paw. "So I put it up there, and threw it at you. You should have a few more minutes." He grinned.

Twilight shot a glare at Vix, before snapping her gaze back up and towards the meteor, plans and calculations running through her head. With a flash, she teleported to the top of her castle, the observation platform giving her an unimpeded view of the oncoming rock.

She reached out with her magic, trying to grab the meteor, or at least, as much as she could, and tried to slow it down. But it was too much, coming in too fast. She created a barrier over the castle, making it as big as she could, while keeping it strong, and curved the edges up a little. Her horn glowed brighter and brighter as she tried to slow the meteor down, forcing her to close her eyes from the light she was giving off.

She kept pushing against the meteor, giving her a near perfect idea of where it was, so she knew, without a doubt, that she didn't have time to slow it enough. She tried anyways. She felt it getting closer, the distance between the meteor and her shield rapidly disappearing, until it hit...

And, with a rather unimpressive 'poing', bounced off her shield, and back into the sky.

"Huh?" Twilight said, opening her eyes to watch the meteor sail away. "What just happened?"

"You didn't think I was actually going to let you get crushed, did you?" Vix asked, appearing in the air in front of Twilights face. He promptly shoved the open end of a bottle of some sort of purple liquid into her mouth. Twilight reflexively swallowed when the grape flavored liquid hit her tongue.

Twilight spat the bottle out once it was drained. "What was that!?" She yelled, suddenly fealing a little dizzy.

"Just a pick me up." Vix said. "After all that magic you used, I thought something to lift your spirit would be a good way to keep you on your hooves!" Twilight promptly fell over. Or at least. "Wait," Vix took another look at the bottle. "Opps. I meant 'fill your energy up,' not 'lift your spirit'." He tossed the bottle over his shoulder with a sheepish grin. "My bad."

*****

Twilight looked down at her crumpled body, laying on the observation balcony. She then took a look around. Everything beyond her castle was covered in a pink fog, filled with little glitters of color. "Where am I?" she asked. "And what happened?"

She felt really calm, for some reason.

"I just gave you the wrong potion, is all." Vix said, appearing on her back. "Nothing to worry about. It'll wear off in a little while."

"Oh." Twilight looked around, before turning back to the fox. "So, where are we?"

"Well, I don't know about you, but I'm at an amusement park." Vix jumped onto her head. "I'm going to go ride the roller coaster. Bye!" He disappeared.

"An amusement park?" Twilight said. "We're not at an amusement..." She stopped as she turned around.

What was once a seemingly endless cloud of pink fog, was now an amusement park. It was filled with ponies, gryphons, Zebras and minotaurs of all ages, milling around or running to and from the various booths and rides. There were even some changelings.

"Huh." Twilight said. "Well, where ever I am, I don't think I'm getting back anytime soon without that fox. I might as well enjoy myself for a while." She grinned, as she trotted off, to see what sorts of rides there were.

*****

A few hours later, Spike walked back into the map room, a plate of daisy sandwiches in his claws. "Hey, Twilight." He said. "I brought you a snack."

When Twilight didn't reply, he rolled his eyes, and jumped up on the map table. He snickered at what he saw.

Twilight was laying down on the table, sleeping. Beside her was a grinning fox, curling her mane into a multicolored mess. The fox looked over at spike, and brought one paw to his lips. "Shh." He said. "I think I wore her out."

Spike sat down, and offered the plate of sandwiches. "Where is she right now?" He asked.

"The Roaring Park." The fox answered, grabbing a sandwich. "Figured she could with a little excitement."

"Ah." Spike said. "So, we still on for tomorrow?" He asked.

"Of course." Vix grinned. "I wouldn't miss it." And with that, he disapeared.

"See you then." Spike said, before grabbing the small pile gems that had been left behind. "I can't wait."

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment