• Published 16th Dec 2015
  • 1,034 Views, 15 Comments

Pokemon: Rainbow Light/Shadow Darkness - DiscordFan



Twilight Sparkle, a soon-to-be fifteen-year-old girl, is the daughter of Princess Celestia. Finally, after years of learning under the Princess, Twilight asks to go on an adventure.

  • ...
1
 15
 1,034

Chapter I

"Hey! Look at at this one, Spike!"

"Shel?"

"That looks like a neat Pokémon, doesn't it," a pale teenage girl with long navy, purple, and pink hair asked a faded green, quadrupedal, meteor-like creature with a green-tinted gray face and legs; both rested on a queen-sized bed. Twilight Sparkle was wearing a long purple dress and white flats. Her index finger was resting on a peculiar image of a brown fox-like creature and similar creatures by it.

"'Eevee has an unstable genetic makeup that suddenly mutates due to the environment in which it lives. Radiation from various stones causes this Pokémon to evolve http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokedex/eevee,'" Twilight read aloud. She then breathed, "Imagine if we were able to befriend an Eevee, Spike..."

"Shel?!"

"What? You thought you were going to be my only Pokémon forever?" She rubbed his head. "Oh, Spike..! You're so silly sometimes!" She laughed as the shiny Shelgon slowly rolled his eyes.

They bothed looked up as someone began knocking on the door.

Twilight sat up and quickly ran her right hand through her hair. She cleared her throat. "Enter," she stated importantly.

The door silently opened to reveal a toned, twenty-year-old boy. Had had blue hair with a streak of sky blue. His baby blue eyes sparked with joy. Two linked swords with pink ribbons hovered in beside him. "What s'up, Twily," he asked as he flopped on her bed in his jeans, clean white shirt, and dirty sneakers.

"Jeez, Shiny. I thought I was late for another one of my lessons," Twilight sighed. "I nearly had a heart-attack!"

"Good to see you too," he said unamused while shrugging off her previous statement. He reached over for her book about Pokémon. "Find any Pokémon you like?"

"Sorta, kinda."

Shining Armor laughed at her quick answer. "Harder than it looks, isn't it?"

She flopped onto her bed. "Yeah... I just thought it would be snappy and easy."

"Oh, it is," Shing said reassuringly, "once you start physically encountering them." Twilighted sighed in response. "Hey, kiddo. Don't worry. And guess what?"

Twilight groaned, "What?"

"Cadence is going to be visiting."

"Really?" Twilight pepped back up. Twilight hadn't seen Cadence in years. "She barely responds to my letters nowadays... What has she been doing?"

"Well... I know Mom asked her to study some new Pokémon discovered... And she's helping run a Evolution Discovery Unit. Speaking of which," he said gleefully as he clapped his hands together, "your Pokémon book is officially missing a Pokémon!"

"What!? Is it a new Pokémon entirely, or just a new evolution?" She began to ponder. Maybe she herself could discover some Pokémon herself one day.

"A new evolution," Shining responded as he digger around in his pocket. "She sent me a picture of it. Now where is it... Ah! Here we go!" He pulled out a slip of paper and handed it to Twilight.

A silver dog-like creature with sharp points on its ears, tail, and feet was growling in a defensive position. The sharp edges were a shiny dark gray.

Twilight breathed, "Whoa... What's it called?"

"Cadence had told me it was repeating 'Platineon,' so that's what she and her team is guessing its name is," Shining stated. "It's a new evolution to Eevee. An Eevee was holding a Metal Coat when they fed it a Rare Candy, and now we have a new member of the Eevee family."

"Wow..." Twilight stared at the picture. She couldn't believe that there were still Pokémon undiscovered. Equestria had thought they already knew everything about Pokémon. It didn't seem like so anymore.

*Be-EEP, be-EEP*

"Aw crap..." Shining sighed as he tapped a watch on his wrist. "Sorry, Twiley... I got to go or I'll be late for lessons with Hurricane. See you later, okay?"

"Don't worry about it, Shiny," Twilight said happily. "We have commitments. Not your fault. See you." With that, Shining Armor and left with his Doublade following. Twilight zoned out as she stared at the picture Shining had left behind. She was jolted back into reality by a rumbling noise to her left. She looked over and saw Spike staring at her with a pouty expression. She rolled her eyes and smiled. "C'mon, Spike. Let's go see Mom and grab something to eat."

Spike leapt off the bed and cried out happily, "Shel! Shelgon!"


Twilight gripped Spike's back tightly as he ran through the tall, carpeted halls. Guards didn't flinch as they strode past, and maids kept their skirts down while chinchilla-like Pokémon, Minccinos and Cinccinos, waved at Spike. Spike was going at full speed when suddenly his and Twilight's momentum froze. Twilight looked down in front Spike and saw a purple, two-tailed cat with a red gem.

"Espee?" The Pokémon looked up and down at Twilight and Spike. "Espee, espee, espee," it laughed.

"Oh, come on, Espeon," moaned Twilight. "Spike is just hungry. Just let us go. Pleeaase," she begged. Espeon's lilac eyes rolled and she released Spike and Twilight from her Physic and stepped aside. Spike starting running again. "Thanks, Espeon!"

"Espee, espee, espee, <Why do I do this to myself?>" Espeon grumbled.

Twilight grinned as Spike picked up more speed and the wind whipped her long hair. She closed her eyes as she imagined soaring on some sort of new Pokémon that she herself had discovered and befriended. They soared through the clouds and flew along side the wild Pokémon birds. Pigeottos, Ferrows, Talonflames, Swellows, Unfezants, and Staravias surrounded her as they spiraled and swirled and watched over their pre-evolutions play amongst one another...

Until she started somersaulting on the ground. Twilight moaned.

"Shel?"

"I'm okay, Spike," reassuring the Shelgon. "I'm guessing we're here?'

"Shel! Gon!"

"Okay. Let's go see Oven Heat and Heatran. I'm sure they'll whip us up something good." With similar thought, Spike bounded away into the kitchen. Twilight winced as she listened to the sounds of clattering pans and crashing pots and the squawks of Pokémon. She saw a Farfetch'd tumble through the doors and start waving his stalk and screaming terrible things in the Pokémon language.

Suddenly, the kitchen fell silent. Then, Spike stumbled out of the kitchen door with swirly eyes and collapsed . Oven Heat and Heatran followed. They poked at Spike with a frying pan. "I think you overdid it," Oven Heat told Heatran. "Heat..."

"Umm... Hi, Oven Heat; Heatran," Twilight said breaking the silence.

"Oh! Twilight! I'm so sorry," Oven Heat feverishly apologized. "Spike was causing quite the ruckus and—"

"That's okay, Oven Heat. Spike is rather Hasty. I don't blame you or Heatran."

"Thank you, Twilighy," Oven Heat sighed. He removed his chef hat and began fiddling with it. "Your understanding is most appreciated."

"Oven," whined Twilight. "We're in private. Stop being so formal! I feel weird enough when strangers do it."

"Fine, fine. What can I do for you, since Spike couldn't have rampaged through the kitchen for no reason."

"We're both here for something to tide us over until dinner. Then we're going to go see Mom, assuming she not listening in Court. Do you think you could whip us up a sandwich and a few Poképuffs?"

"Of course, Twilight! Anything for you, my dear! Come along, Heatran."

"Heat."


"That was good, wasn't it, Spike?"

"Shel!"

Twilight and Spike were strolling along to the Court Room. Guards in golden armor saluted them as they passed, and maids and Pokémon waved politely. The cushy red carpets that lined the halls made their footfalls silent. Canterlot Nobles strutted by with their noses in the air and Gardevoirs, Gallades, and Persians followed their owners. There were paintings with many Pokémon performing moves. There was a Milotic using Ice Beam. An Altaria using Dragon Pulse. A Vaporeon using Rain Dance. And , finally, Twilight's favorite: a Mega Absol and a Mega Gengar using Dark Pulse and Dazzling Gleam, respectively, creating a stunning illusion of light and shadow.

Princess Celestia had told here that these were her biological parents' Pokémon. She remembered how when she asked where they were, Celestia had fallen silent. Twilight Sparkle had never stopped wondering what had happened to them or where they were.

"Shel?"

"Hmm? Oh sorry, Spike," Twilight said looking away from the picture, "I just got a bit distracted."

"Shel, Shelgon?"

"Don't worry about it. I'm fine."

"Shel, shel."

Once they arrived at the towering doors of the Court Room, the two guards standing there nodded and opened them. Twilight gave a polite nod before entering with Spike. The walked towards the golden throne where Princess Celestia, a woman with an elegant white gown, sat. There was a subject before her, and she was listening to them attentively.

"... They stole ar apples, 'er Majesty. An now those no-gooders are makin' profit from 'em," the subject, an elderly woman in an orange plaid dress and white create apron, raged. "An worst of all, Ah had ta leave ma grandkids on da farm 'cause it's a Zap Apple season!" The elder calmed down a bit. "Ah ma sorry, Ur Majesty. Ah do believe that Ah got a tad carried aways there."

"That's quite alright, Mrs. Smith," Princess Celestia replied kindly. "We all have our stresses. Now, about your plight... Has your town's policemen been notified already?"

"Indeed."

"Hmm... I'm sorry, Mrs. Smith, but I'm afraid I can't quite think up a solution right now..." She closed her eyes in deep thought. "Hmm... How about we scatter policemen around your property day and night?" She opened her eyes. "Does this sound suitable?"

"But o' course, Ur Majesty! Ah ma ever so grateful you heard me an mah family's plight. Have a good afternoon, Princess." Mrs. Smith exited the Court Room, and Twilight Sparkle approached her mother.

"Hi, Mom," she said politely.

Celestia beamed a serene smile. "Hello, Twilight. Is there something you need?"

Twilight began anxiously rubbing the back of her head and gripped her dress skirt. "Well, uh... Mom, I'm almost fifteen, and I was wondering, well..." She bit her lip.

Spike stomped his foot. "Shel!"

She put up her hands at Spike."Okay, okay! Calm down, Spike!" While taking a deep breath, Twilight turned her body to her mother once more. "Okay. Mom, I was thinking that maybe I could go on an adventure soon?" She closed her eyes tightly as her face twisted into an expression of anxiousness.

"Hmm..." Princess Celestia looked at Twilight and observed her bond with Spike. She probably could handle herself if she went on an adventure. Of course her general clothing would have to change; bad enough she zipped around the halls in a dress. And she shouldn't be alone. Yes, there were Pokémon, but she needed people... And not to forget how many weirdos there are today. Nodding, Celestia reached a verdict.

"Twilight, I will grant you this—"

"Oh- ThankYouThankYouThankYou!!"

Celestia cleared her throat. "Assuming, you can find a companion to go with you."

Twilight furrowed her eyebrows. "Spike's coming with me?"

In an un-princess like manner, Celestia sighed with a roll of her eyes. "A human companion."

"Oh."

"If you'd like, I can send you to a town called PonytaVille. Many trainers start their journeys there."

Twilight grunted. "Fine," she moaned.

Twilight began walking away in a huff with an extremely excited Shelgon following. "I'll be sending up some clothes to your room," Celestia called out.


Twilight flopped onto her plush bed again. Unfortunately, Spike was jumping on it due to his excitement.

"Essspeeeeee~!"

With a creak, Espeon walked through a Growlithe-Door with a small pile of clothes floating behind her while her gem glowed. "Espeon," she chanted cheerfully.

"What," Twilight moaned," did I do this time?"

"Espee, espee <Always jumping to conclusions>," Espeon grumbled. "Espeon!" She threw the clothes onto Twilight.

"Hey!?" She looked at what was thrown on her. "Oh... Heheh... Thanks, Espeon..."

"Espee espee espee <No need to be a bitch>," Espeon grumbled some more.

Author's Note:

Hey, guys! This is my new story. Hopefully I'll actually attend to it.

Anyway... Just wanted to say, this story can feature fan made Pokémon or Fakémon. Submit your own Fakémon in the comments or by PMing me! Or summit other's Fakémon WITH THEIR PERMISSION. They can be descriptions or pictures. See ya later!

Comments ( 8 )

Great story so far can't wait for the next chapter :heart::pinkiesmile::twilightsmile::heart:

Intresting premise; looking forward to more :twilightsmile:

Sorry for bugging you but do you know when you might be posting your next chapter?

6911063

You're not bugging me. And I don't know. I just take my time. Sorry.

6911146 that is okay I understand thank you for letting me know and i hope you have a nice day

now thise is a story for pokemon/mlp crossover, nicenew pokemon evolution for Eevee reallry good picture too. cant wait to read more but take your time I don't like being rush so I try to do other the same, so till than please keep updateiing awlsome storys and ch

most say good crossover, though i see spike as more of an Axew, but over all good story

Login or register to comment