• Published 14th Sep 2015
  • 11,446 Views, 3,294 Comments

Sons of Damas - Tatsurou



Shining Armor grows up alongside Jak, working with him and Daxter to save the world.

  • ...
39
 3,294
 11,446

PreviousChapters Next
Perfect Day, part 1

Shining slowly opened his eyes, feeling like he'd just drunk his weight in booze. At least, that's what he thought that felt like based on what Sig had said about his hangovers. Obviously, Keira's idea of a 'smooth ride' was very different from his own. As his eyes fully opened, however, he found himself blinking in confusion.

He was lying on a rather plush bed, filled with something really soft that made it really comfortable. Even the beds in the Royal Palace in Haven hadn't been this soft, and Sandover and Spargus had used hammocks. The blankets were also especially comfortable. However, far from being comforting, it put him on alert. Leaping out of bed, he quickly did a scan of himself and his surroundings.

Okay...no Eco in the environment, but a lot of the stuff I use for my magic, so this is my world. Plenty of Light and Dark Eco inside me, if I can ever figure out how to tap Light Eco. Bed, dresser, and armor stand...with armor that looks nothing like Precursor work. Purple and gold? Royal colors? Glancing aside, he saw that his Precursor made armor was in an open drawer nearby, somehow. Keeping track of that just in case. Looks like I can hide it under this new stuff. He then began to examine the surroundings.

Let's see...rather spartan in terms of furnishing, despite the luxury of said furnishing. Pictures... He saw a picture of four unicorns, a blue stallion, a grey mare, a purple filly, and himself. All four were smiling. Must be my family. Hope I can find my diary or something to tell me who they are. From the age of myself in that picture, I must have been fully grown when I got sent to Dad...huh. Wonder if I should still think of King Damas as Dad or Night Light...Night Light? Huh, so that's his name. ...figure that part out later. He glanced around at the other pictures. Hmm...lots of me and that little filly. Sister, maybe? The way she seems to be following me around kinda reminds me of how Talwy followed Jak...I meant Keira. Hmm...Talwy...Twiley? That sounds right...oh, someone else with Twiley.

He glanced at the picture of little Twiley and a pink mare with the multi-colored mane and tail, with a horn and wings. Huh. Looks like a sitter or something. At least they're close. Or maybe another sister? Though she wasn't in the family photo... He continued to take in his surroundings. Wow. There are...a lot of pictures of that pink mare. I seriously hope that means she's my girlfriend or something. I'd hate to think I was some creepy stalker- He stumbled across a picture near the bed of himself and said pink mare in a passionate kiss, himself seeming to wave off the camera. Okay, with how happy she looks, pretty sure that means girlfriend.

He raised his eyes towards the ceiling, intending to gather his thoughts...only to catch sight of a picture of said pink mare in a rather risque negligee that somehow made her appearance even more stimulating than all the other images around where she - like nearly every other pony in pictures - was naked. In one corner of the picture was a note in pink. 'Dream of me, Shiney - Cady.'

Okay...apparently Cady is a lot more than just my girlfriend, Shining concluded. Wow. Uh...wow. Well, she's certainly...wow. He dragged his eyes away from the picture on the canopy of the bed to get his thoughts straight. Okay, need to find my journal or something. That ought to tell me something-

At that point, the door slowly creaked open, and the tallest pony he'd ever seen stepped through. She was pure white, with wings and horn, and her mane and tail flowed in the breeze in all the colors of the aurora. She smiled down at him, gilded regalia proclaiming her royal status. "Up already, Captain?" she asked softly. "Given the state of emergency and other events, I'm pleasantly surprised. That bachelor party my niece arranged for you was rather...rowdy." She shot a brief glance upwards, caught sight of the underside of the bed canopy, and chuckled. "Though I see why she felt she had nothing to worry about with those dancers."

Shining thought quickly as he desperately tried to center himself. Okay, apparently she's my fiance, not girlfriend, if I had a bachelor party...which she arranged for me. My fiance is a total freak. ...I like that. Still, gotta get my head in the game. Oh! Party means booze, right? "Umm, I think I might have drunk a bit too much, Your Highness," he spoke up. Highness? Shouldn't I say Majesty? Well, she doesn't seem offended, so roll with it. "I'm still a little addled. What...state of emergency, exactly?"

The regal celestial being before him -

Celestial? Why did I think that? Highness is Princess...Celestia. Oh, that's her name! Glad these memories are coming back like this, but better pay attention.

-pursed her lips in a frown. "I'm not entirely certain, I'm afraid. Princess Cadence went on a diplomatic mission, intending to be back today with plenty of time to prepare for her wedding...but she apparently sent you a message about a threat to the city of Canterlot. Between that and a royal wedding in the works, we felt it best to beef up security to its highest, complete with you casting your aegis all around the city." She glanced out the window. "A very impressive enchantment, since it is maintaining itself despite you having apparently forgotten about it."

Oh, that's why I felt like my shield is up. It is up. An entire city, though? Well, there's a lot more magical energy here... "I'm ready to do my duty, Princess Celestia," he promised fervently. Just as soon as I remember what that is.

"In that case, you'd best get to your post," Celestia observed idly, gesturing to his armor. "You managed to forget to send your sister an invitation to the wedding, so I sent one from my desk. She should be arriving soon."

"Twiley?" Shining gasped in surprise. "Oh, I haven't seen her in so long!" True in more ways than one, he thought to himself.

Celestia chuckled softly. "If I were one of those gossip columnists, I could read so much into how both you and Cadence were more excited before she left about seeing Twilight again than your own upcoming nuptials. As I'm not, I'll simply find it amusing, and advise you make sure my niece doesn't notice." With that and an enigmatic smile, she turned and swept out of the room.

Shining paused, glancing between his Precursor armor and the Captain armor. Better defense but risk awkward explanations I'm not ready for, or stealth? After a time, he donned the Captain armor. Here's hoping Jak's out there somewhere, sees my aegis up, and comes looking for me...not only do I have no idea what I'm doing, I don't want him to miss my wedding.

PreviousChapters Next