• Published 14th Sep 2015
  • 11,427 Views, 3,294 Comments

Sons of Damas - Tatsurou



Shining Armor grows up alongside Jak, working with him and Daxter to save the world.

  • ...
39
 3,294
 11,427

PreviousChapters Next
Spargus: Through the Woods

As Jak carefully positioned Daxter on his shoulder so he wouldn't fall, the comm box sparked to life again. "Jak, Samos here! It looks like you're near the entrance to South Haven Forest right now. While you're there, would you please go check out reports of a Dark Eco infestation there? It seems someone's still experimenting with Dark Eco."

"Let me guess," Jak replied. "If we find infected plants, destroy them before the infection spreads?"

"Exactly," Samos confirmed.

"I'm not sure we should with Daxter in this condition," Shining murmured worriedly.

"There are some ancient Precursor Pillars in the forest," Samos offered. "Not only might they be connected to the Catacombs, but you'll likely be able to find sources of Light Eco for Daxter to replenish."

"Best idea we've got," Jak murmured, turning to head towards the forest.


After making their way around the Metalhead Hive and to the forest entrance, Jak carefully led the way in. In the distance, the first of the Dark Eco infected plants was visible, small glowing purple nodules with their roots splayed out around them. As Jak and Shining examined the plant to see what could be done, Keira's voice came through the comms. "Jak, the energy reaction of the Jetboard's flight when energized by Green Eco should disrupt the plants Eco flow, destroying them."

"Thanks, Keira," Jak replied readily, hopping on his Jetboard as Shining transferred Daxter to his back for safety.

As luck had it, there were a few open Green Eco vents scattered around the forest, which Jak was able to use to energize the Jetboard while Shining took pot shots at the various hostile critters that tried to go after Jak on his Jetboard. With the two of them working together, it wasn't long before all the infected plants were destroyed, and by then Daxter had recovered on his own.

"I'm okay!" Daxter called out as the sound of pillars erupting out of the lake echoed through the forest. "What'd I miss?"

"Killed some plants, raised some pillars," Jak replied easily, grinning widely now that Daxter was up and about. "Wanna check 'em out?"

"Like I have a choice?" Daxter teased as the trio made their way to the center pillar, which extended just above the surface of the water.

As they approached, Samos contacted them. "Well done! Those are some of the oldest Precursor Relics in the area. Some of Mar's writings indicated ruins to the west, activated by five artifacts."

"Well, there's five smaller pillars around the central one," Jak pointed out, picking up a piece of shoulder armor that matched the armor he'd found so far that had lifted with the central pillar.

"I'll see what else I can find," Samos replied. "For now, you should get back to the city."

As the group stepped off the central pillar, it rose much higher, far too high for them to reach the top on their own. With nothing more to do there and no way to investigate, they made their way back to Haven.


On the way back to the city, the group received a communication from Torn regarding four charge points that had been located that, when bombed, would drop the KG shields. However, the only one who could properly set the charges was their demolition expert, Jinx...and only if Jak, Shining, and Daxter could protect him on the way to the bomb points and while he set the charges.

The mission proved incredibly easy, as Shining stuck close to Jinx and surrounded them both with his shield spell, while Jak focused on blasting Metalheads and KG robots that got too close. Daxter stayed on Shining's back, using his Light Eco to strengthen and replenish Shining's shield.

With the charge points destroyed, the KG's shield walls exploded, allowing much deeper access into KG territory. As Jinx went off to scrounge, he left Jak and Shining with Needle Lazer upgrades for the Blue Eco side of the Morph Gun.

As the trio were deciding what to do next, Ashelin contacted them. "There's a report of an Eco delivery somewhere in KG territory," she began. "Up for stealing it?"

"Sounds fun," Jak replied eagerly.

"I thought you'd say that," Ashelin groaned. "Just bring it back to the Naughty Ottsel in one piece-"

"Shield spell," Shining reminded her.

After a time, Ashelin chuckled. "Have fun."


Shining's shield spell proved more than up to the task, as the rockets the KG Robots sent after them could not penetrate the shield even with explosive force, though each one did deplete his energy a good bit. Thankfully, the path was long and winding, and Jak was an excellent pilot, allowing them to easily return intact to the Naughty Ottsel.

Once the Eco was loaded, however, a massed assault on the port from KG Robots and Metalheads moved inbound, focused on the Naughty Ottsel. Seeing the approach, Jak grinned. "So who have we got?" he asked Torn.

"Just you three, I'm afraid," Torn replied. "The new exo-suit Keira designed the Baron had some unexpected side effects, and he's still recuperating."

"We can handle this!" Shining proclaimed confidently. "I bet I get more kills than you, Jak."

Jak grinned widely. "You're on!"

"Loser buys the drinks!" Shining announced.

"I'll keep score!" Daxter proclaimed as the trio moved out.

Torn shook his head as he watched them go. "How do they do it?" he murmured wondrously. "They face all this...and they still can joke like that?" He chuckled softly. "It almost makes me believe we can win this..."

PreviousChapters Next