• Published 14th Sep 2015
  • 11,437 Views, 3,294 Comments

Sons of Damas - Tatsurou



Shining Armor grows up alongside Jak, working with him and Daxter to save the world.

  • ...
39
 3,294
 11,437

PreviousChapters Next
XCR: The Finale

After their conversation, Rayn started to avoid Jak, though Jak himself couldn't put his finger on why. This wasn't because he didn't have a clue why she might avoid him, far from it. It was because he could think of far too many reasons why she might be avoiding him now, each of them equally valid, and each requiring a completely different approach to correct if that was what was needed, and some that shouldn't be corrected if they were the case. As such, all Jak could do was let her avoid him.

Besides, he had more than enough to focus on as it was, what with more races coming up and another Grand Prix to prepare for. The only point of interest that arose was when Pecker reported to the group that he'd heard from Blitz that Meezo was bringing in a surprise driver for the final race.

"So do you think this is where we finally find out what Meezo's really like?" Daxter asked Shining once the news arrived.

"Either that or Blitz," Shining countered. "I'm still pretty suspicious of him."

"Pecker mentioned Blitz talking about an Uncle," Keira pointed out. "But there's no mention of one in official records. It could be that Uncle...is Meezo."

"You think a crime lord would arrange offing his own brother?" Shining asked in surprise, having heard the theory that Meezo had arranged the death of Blitz' father.

"Would you believe it of Krew?" Daxter asked pointedly. Shining did not have a response for that.

"The Grand Prix's coming up," Jak stated bluntly as he entered the conversation. "None of this actually matters here. What matters is winning, so we can do what we came here to do."

The others nodded, frowning. Though it was true, none of them really liked hearing it...anymore than Jak liked saying it.


After watching Blitz' news report on the final race - and the official announcement of the 'mystery late entrant' for Meezo's team - the group became somewhat surprised when Krew's datapad once more displayed his holographic image with more to say. "So it's the final race, eh?" he observed thoughtfully. "It all comes down to this. I just hope I didn't miscalculate the poison's potency!" He seemed to find that highly amusing, though no one else did. "Win quickly, and save yourselves! I want that trophy!" With that, the hologram vanished.

"Is everyone ready?" Jak asked, glancing around at everyone.

"I'm racing too this time!" Keira insisted.

"But-" Jak and Samos both began.

"Whoever Meezo's mystery racer is, he'll be gunning for you specifically Jak," Keira interrupted firmly. "I've already done everything I can with the karts to keep you safe, and this is it! I know more about the karts than anyone...I won't sit idly by on the sidelines hoping you come back safe! Not again!"

Samos sighed ruefully, shaking his head in exasperation. "Just like her mother..." he grumbled under his breath.

Jak stared at Keira for a time...then smiled. "Make sure you keep up," he offered warmly.

"That's my line," Keira teased back.


The Grand Prix seemed to be normal...except for that fact that Blitz was not doing the announcement for it. Instead, Pecker did his commentary alone. Suspicion grew even as the team once more resumed their normal cooperative tactics. The tactics proved just as effective in the last three races of the final Grand Prix as it had everywhere else in the competition, though the 'mystery racer' got more and more aggressive as the races continued.

As Keira had expected, the mystery racer was gunning specifically for Jak...but she'd anticipated that and added something special to her racer and Jak's in anticipation of it. Whenever the mystery racer got too close - or managed to fire off a Supernova weapon that was homing in on Jak's racer - she swerved in while calling out, "Bump and grind!"

When their racers slammed against each other, it activated the electrical field between them, which both drew weapons fire and temporarily fried the systems of any racer that drove through it. Of course, this also greatly drained their own racers and slowed them down, so as soon as the threat was passed, Jak would swerve in to shut off the field with a cry of, "Wham, bam, thank you Ma'am!" For some reason, this always set Daxter to laughing hysterically.

Before long, the final race was completed...and Jak came in firmly in first. Rayn then brought over the capsule of antidotes for the poison. "It's all over now," she told them as she walked up. "This entire thing was a plan by my father specifically to flush Meezo out so he could be eliminated...but as you put together, Meezo is none other than our mystery racer here, G.T. Blitz."

Blitz - or Meezo, whatever he chose to call himself - stomped up, determinedly proclaiming his intentions to never hand over control of the city, and other things that Jak and his group didn't really listen to. However, it quickly became plain that it was important information when Pecker brought the cameras near and pointed out it had all been broadcast live. In a rage, Meezo grabbed the capsule with the antidotes and drove off with them.

"He's getting away!" Rayn called out.

Jak, however, calmly opened a suitcase Keira handed him, lifting out a rocket launcher. "So, he dies, you have control of everything?" he asked as he took aim.

"Yes, but the antidotes!" Rayn pointed out. "I don't have more!"

"Then it's a good thing we won't need them," Jak murmured calmly as he rested his hand on the launcher. Feeding it his own Eco, he activated the six Eco charges - one of each color - inside before pulling the trigger. The rocket shot out, speeding straight for Meezo's racer. A blinding white explosion erased racer and driver from the track.

He then turned calmly to Rayn, who seemed completely stunned. "It's time for that talk," he stated bluntly.

PreviousChapters Next