• Published 1st Sep 2015
  • 359 Views, 1 Comments

The Jostled Flyer - Josh Crapo



Jostle Jinx comes to Manehatten only to find a nationwide disaster struck below his hooves on the way there causing him to fall unconscious.

  • ...
 1
 359

Epilogue

Me and Flitter decided to see how Thunderlane was doing until we read a note at the front door.

"Flitter/Cloudchaser,

Me and Rumble have gone to Cloudsdale to go to winter lab for starting winter in Ponyville and won't be back until Winter is finally done arriving. In any case, our absence is the only thing to note.
Take care,

Thunderlane."

My mind wondered back to Manehatten with Jostle Jinx. Tears started flowing down my eyes until Flitter started speaking. "Uh, are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Hey, I have an idea. Why don't I send a letter to Jostle Jinx?" I led Flitter to my house as we talked.

"And why would you want to send a letter to someone who lives in the last city in recovery?" I looked at Flitter briefly.

"It's so I'll keep in touch with him. Plus, ponies are coming back to Manehatten. And here we are at my house, what a surprise." As we entered the house, I went straight for a piece of paper and pen and got to writing. It only felt like minutes after I got done since I started writing and proofread it.

"Jostle Jinx,

I wrote this to you so you won't forget about me. I'll be visiting Manehatten sometime in the future. I just don't know when that time will be. So for now, keep this as a momento until I get there. You've meant everything to me. We've been through twists and turns together but that's what got us so close in the first place. It's been great to see you in the past and it'll be great to see you when I visit Manehatten again.
Yours truly,

Cloudchaser."


It was a blast being in Manehatten at first but not right now. My new daily routine's been the same as it was a decade ago: waking up, walking over to where I need to be, coming back to read part of a novel, coming downstairs to visit my brother and mother and finally coming back upstairs to go to bed.

Cloudchaser's been writing quite frequently and I haven't been able to stay on track. I haven't had to work in so long that I felt like something was missing and yet my life was complete.

That was until one day I came downstairs for supper. My mother had gotten a letter not from Cloudchaser but from a cruise company. We were invited to cruise to any country we wanted. I knew where exactly we could go. We had some cousins down south north of a certain canal that splits these two continents apart. I decided I would write to Cloudchaser. Ten minutes later, I had my brother look over it.

"Cloudchaser,

You'll never guess what happened. My family was invited to go on a cruise to any country they wanted. And I was seeing if you can go too if you have the time this Hearth's Warming Eve. It's going to be great to see my cousins again after stars know how long. And now would be the perfect chance for you to spend it with me. I hope to see you again soon.
Yours truly,

Jostle Jinx."

We went to the post office to mail the letter over to Ponyville and came back to Manehatten in time for the Hayseed's Day Parade. After the parade, we went back to the post office to see if the letter came in yet. It had. It was from Cloudchaser, who gladly accepted the invitation. We celebrated that day by inviting Pinkie Pie over to throw a party. That night was one the best nights of my life, certainly "the best night ever".

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment