• Published 1st Sep 2015
  • 360 Views, 1 Comments

The Jostled Flyer - Josh Crapo



Jostle Jinx comes to Manehatten only to find a nationwide disaster struck below his hooves on the way there causing him to fall unconscious.

  • ...
 1
 360

Leaving for Manehatten

I was finally feeling well enough to get back to Manehatten from the top. As I went home to grab a couple of my bags with me, I saw somepony extremely familiar. "Cloudchaser? Is that you?" I looked closer. It was her.

"Jostle!" I was knocked over by Cloudchaser as she hugged me tighter than my windpipe could take. But it was worth it.

"Why're you here? I thought you'd still be making your NRC to Equestria." I was more than happy to see her but confused as well.

"Equestria's long been fixed. It was the ponies themselves that needed the help." Cloudchaser let go as she looked at my flank for the very first time. "So, you still have no cutie mark after all these years, huh?" I started to roll my eyes but only slightly since I didn't feel like doing that to Cloudchaser.

"Actually, I lost my cutie mark the day I fell unconscious. It was a hydraulic plate that had an arrow looping at a corner of it. Don't worry. I'll probably have it back by next week." I wave her goodbye as I walked in the train.

"Wait!" Cloudchaser raced to the entrance of the boxcar. "Where are you going?"

"Manehatten." I put a hoof on the wall next to the door.

"That's where I'm going!" Cloudchaser leaped and pushed her forehooves into her cheeks.

"My trip isn't going to be just for the pleasure of it. It will be to get away from the heat and live a cooler life. I think I'm done researching for now. Plus, now I got my family to visit." I led Cloudchaser into the boxcar as the conductor called to aboard for Manehatten. We both sat at a window across from the door so that we could get out as soon as possible when we'd get to Manehatten.