• Published 20th Aug 2015
  • 843 Views, 14 Comments

Tales Of An Outcast - PrismStrike



the story of my life and how I went from just being an animal to having friends, a Life, a job and even a mare to call my own

  • ...
8
 14
 843

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 36: Dark Preparations

CAVE SYSTEM IN MOUNTAINS EAST OF CANTERLOT

Upon a simple chair made of stone Emerald Spark sits surveying a well detailed map of Canterlot City laid out upon a similarly simple stone table, the only light in his personal "chambers" cast by torches rather than illumination spells to keep his base from being detected too soon by the mages and Princesses. As he sits and surveys his plans a unicorn garbed in pitch black armor forged in a way to make the pony seem far more demonic than it is comes rushing through the door less entryway huffing slightly.

"Sir I bring news from our spies in Canterlot." Emerald Spark slowly lifts his head his eyes focusing upon the unicorn for a moment before nodding for him to continue. "Equestria's allies have begun to mass in the city, there are confirmed reports of Minotaur squadrons in full battle plate and armed with heavy axes and swords patrolling the now seemingly empty streets, small flocks of light armored Griffons wielding crossbows and lances fly routine patrols alongside Pegasi Night guards over sections of the city in what seem like rotating shifts and less than an hour ago a massive swarm of changelings approached Canterlot only to stop some distance from its borders allowing a small contingent of them to go towards the massed group of guards and both Princesses. Roughly twenty minutes later Changelings were spotted being added both to foot and flight patrols around the city effectively doubling the amount of troops currently defending the city."

Emerald Spark coughs and sputters for a few moments before regaining his composure. "Thank you for your report soldier. I must inform our Lord of this new development so you are dismissed." With a nod the Unicorn leaves and Emerald spark turns gets up from his chair and sighs. After a moment to collect his thoughts he moves over to the far wall of his chambers where a large arcane circle has been cut directly into the stone. He places one hoof upon it and closes his eyes his mind being whisked away to his Lords realm.



Shadow Realm

Seshareem upon feeling his current General enter his domain and prison turns his attention to the incorporeal presence of his minion. "Yes Emerald Spark. I do hope for your sake that this is important." Seshareem grumbles out hating to be disturbed by anything.

"I...I believe so my Lord... Equestria's allies have begun to gather in Canterlot and more are presumed to be on their way-" Emerald Spark begins only to be cut off by Seshareem.

"Bah I care not for the Equestria's puny allies I have given you access to a portion of my own power, allowing you to then teach dark magics to those unicorns under your command. Your forces should be far superior to anything that Equestria and it's allies could field against you." Seshareem grumbles and sneers down at Emerald his voice dark and menacing the threat of violence in his tone against Emerald clear as day.

"Yes, indeed my Lord they would have been had a large swarm of changelings just allied themselves somehow with the Equestrians. i fear even with the power you have given me and my unicorns along with your...'pet' monster we may not have enough to overcome a swarm of changelings along with everything else we will come up against. I want to be granted a greater portion of your power temporarily and allowing me to directly infuse it into both the unicorns and pegasi under my command giving both groups a much needed power boost."Emerald Spark practically pleads with his Dark Lord.

Seshareem ponders this for a moment the sound of a claw absently scraping away at scale fills the infinite dark expanse that is both his home and prison. After a few moments he once more turns his gaze towards the apparition of his minion. "I have a better idea, to counter a swarm one must use a swarm and i have the perfect spell, brace yourself though as this will hurt" With a mad laugh Seshareem begins infusing his minions mind with a greater portion of his own self giving the unicorn greater power and access to greater spells but in return overwriting more of the mortals mind with Seshareems own far greater one Emerald Spark screaming in agony the entire time.

Author's Note:

sorry for the short chapter just wanted to give another look into what the other side is doing. wont be too much further from here until the big fight. come the next dawn in story shits gunna go down

PreviousChapters Next