• Published 20th Aug 2015
  • 843 Views, 14 Comments

Tales Of An Outcast - PrismStrike



the story of my life and how I went from just being an animal to having friends, a Life, a job and even a mare to call my own

  • ...
8
 14
 843

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 5. The Danger Within

So its been about two weeks since the big white pony came Princess Celestia is the name Twilight kept telling me after, but honestly I hope never to see her again. During these two weeks Twilight has intensified my studies. I am now confidently able to talk with most ponies although in a still very limited manner but I can get through many conversations without needing to look to another for help with words. My reading has improved I've gone from reading the foal level books with their bright colorful pictures and small words to books that a first grade colt or filly would be reading. Twilight is always saying how amazed she is at my progress at how I seem to just soak up everything she teaches me. Math is still a major problem for me the numbers just make my head hurt so much and on a few occasions after hard days of studying I have nightmares where I am attacked by math problems. It got so bad that another Princess was called in to help this one a dazzling mix of black's, blues and very subtle lavenders/purples. Her mane was truly entrancing to me, it looked like the whole sky was in it. All of the little lights that Twilight calls stars seemed to shimmer and shine within it. She introduced herself as Princess Luna and we spoke a bit about my dreams and even though reluctant I did let her help me. After that night the bad dreams about being attacked by numbers and such never came back. But I am getting away from myself thinking about all of this. Today is a special day because today is my first day of school.

Twilight woke me up early for it got me all ready and even gave me a small lunch she had packed for me mostly consisting of boiled eggs and some magically preserved fish. Twilight has been going all out on what I eat once she found out that my main diet was in fact meat not plants like her and the rest of ponykind. Thankfully it wasn't to much of an issue as ponies are used to some of the other creatures that call Equestria home being meat eaters as well like the big catbird things(1) or the cow people(2). So it wasn't all that bad, well not with her or her friends at least. A voice though cuts me off from my inner thoughts and brings me back to reality.

"Its ok Prism you don't need to be nervous, There is nothing to be afraid of here" Twilight says before resting a hoof on my back. Using another to point to the red brick building that is Ponyville's school house. "I know your probably nervous because its your first day but your going to do fine and I will be sticking around the school today so if you need me you can just find me" She finishes with a smile so pure that it brings one to my own face.

"O..ok Twilight" I nervously say clutching my lunch in one clawed hand while the other nervously rubs against my leg. She is right I am nervous but with her at my side I push on towards the building. After only another minute of walking we get to the doors and enter the school where I am quickly shown to one of the only classrooms. Twilight goes in first and i wait just outside while she talks to the teacher. I'm ushered in after only a few moments apparently knowing a Princess and being her personal student really helps out with things. I am made to stand in front of the class looking out over nine fillies and colts, I almost bolt out of the room but a voice breaks my thought and anchors me in my spot.

"Ok class we have a new student joining us today. I would like you all to give a big warm welcome to Prism" A magenta earth pony mare with three smiling flowers for a cutie mark speaks up from behind a very big desk, all but three fillies remaining quiet.

"Heya there and welcome ta our class" A yellowish filly with a red mane and a pink bow speaks up first waving to me from the front row.

"HeyPrism" The second voice is immediately recognizable to me as Scootaloo the filly I had protected

Finally a much smaller voice speaks up from behind the first filly this one a white unicorn with a pink and lavender mane and tail. "Hello and welcome to our class"

These three are the only ones to speak up the looks on the faces of the other's showing only one thing, fear. Every face I look at its clear for me to see. I cant fault them though I am five feet tall with scales, claws, wings and very sharp looking teeth. To try and get them to relax I introduce myself, talking so meekly that it makes Fluttershy sound outgoing. "Hel..hello I..I'm Pr..Prism"

Noticing my obvious tension and apprehension Twilight places a hoof on my back and speaks for me. "This is Prism. I am sure many of you have seen him around town lately. He is here to learn just like all of you. he may look big and scary but I assure you he isn't a danger to any of you" Twilight then smiles out to the students most of them calming, their faces softening from the reassurances of their Princess. I watch as the fear melts away to be replaced with curiosity.

The Magenta mare looks at me "You may call me Miss Cheerilee, Prism. You may take the seat that has been set up next to Diamond Tiara over there" she points to a young light pink earth pony filly who just so happens to have a tiara on her head.

"Unghhhhhhhhhhh I dont wanna sit next to that. Put it near the chicken there" The filly called Diamond Tiara sneers right at me before looking to Scootaloo with a chuckle.

"DIAMOND TIARA! Now that is enough of that. I will not have you making fun of other ponies in this classroom am I understood" Miss Cheerilee says as she stares down the filly with a look strong enough to make me cower back from her.

"Yes" Diamond Tiara says meekly before her composure returns. "Yes Miss Cheerilee" she finishes giving me a very unpleasant look.

"I...I wouldnt mind moving over to Scootaloo though" I say just loud enough to be heard.

Twilight speaking up before even Cheerilee can respond "If it will make you more comfortable then I am sure Miss Cheerilee won't mind" Twilight looks over at the mare in question who simply nods.

With a smile I go and grab the desk moving it over next to the orange pegasus filly, Twilight smiles then walks out of the room. the next few hours pass by rather quickly as Miss Cherilee leads us through reading a story and discussing it along with doing some math. Then the bell rings just about making me jump out of my own scales

"Ok everypony its time for recess" Miss Cheerilee calls out and the other colts and fillies quickly file out of the room and outside. I follow being the last to leave the room.

Once outside I simply find myself somewhere quiet to curl up which doesn't last very long as Scootaloo and her friends manage to find me rather quickly.

"Hey Prism" Scootaloo's familiar voice draws my attention as she walks right up to me flanked on each side by another filly.

"Hello Scootaloo" I reply

"Id like to properly introduce you to my bestest friends AppleBloom" Scootaloo points to the Earth pony with the redish/pink bow on one side. "and SweetieBelle" She then points her hoof to the white unicorn on her other.

"Hello there ah'm AppleBloom" The earth pony sticks out a hoof and I gently shake it.

"And I'm SweetieBelle. You might not remember but i helped my sister teach you the concept of manners and fashion with my sister." The unicorn then offers her hoof to me once AppleBloom has removed hers. I shakes SweetieBelles hoof just as softly as I did the other's.

"Nice to meet you both" I say genuinely

"I never really got to thank you for what you did Prism" Scootaloo says as she gives me a big hug "If it wasn't for you I...." I cut her off by placing my hand over her mouth.

"No we not suppose to talk about" I say looking from Scootaloo to her friends

"Its ok Prism we know what happened and were both really grateful that you protected our friend" SweetieBelle says with a large tone of gratitude

"Yeah if it weren't for ya helpin Scootaloo...well we try not to think about it to much" AppleABloom says sadly

"Dont worry Prism I made them Pinkie promise to not tell anypony" Scootaloo says to which I nod knowing of the Pinkie promise having been made by Pinkie to promise by it to not ever become like the book said my kind is.

Sadly that is where the happiness ends as the one Miss Cheerilee called Diamond Tiara walks over with another earth pony this one grey with a 2 tone grey mane and tail.

"Oh Look Silver the blank flanks are hanging out with the monster" Diamond Tiara sneers once she is close enough

"Maybe their trying to domesticate it, make it their pet" the Second filly says with a chuckle

"You leave Prism alone Diamond hes done nothing to you" Scootaloo says jumping between us.

"Yeah why can't you just be nice" SweetieBelle adds.

"Oh I am nice just not to loser blank flanks and things that belong in a cage rather than here in town" Diamond Tiara says with a bit of an evil laugh "My daddy says that you don't belong here in regular pony society. That all you are is a monster just waiting to devour us all" She says coming just a little bit to close to me "My daddy says that creatures like you are not capable of being civilized. That your just another bloodthirsty creature from some forest. My Daddy also says that Princess Twilight found you all alone and that by her own words you had been alone for a long time. Which got me to thinking. Perhaps you were all alone because your such a monster that your own mother abandoned you" her words cut off there as my mind goes elsewhere



23 years ago

"Don't worry everything is going to be ok my little Prism" an azure colored pegasus mare with a ruby red mane says nuzzling me as we run through a forest voices shouting from behind.

"Come on just let us have it" one of the voices sounds out clear enough. the mare carrying me not even looking back or slowing down.

"Don't worry my little Prism I wont let them get you "she says stopping looking around her. Spotting a hole in a tree she flaps her wings each barely able to lift her as many of the feathers have been torn out but still through sheer will she manages to get me up to it and put me inside. "You stay here ok. Mommy is just going to wait and have a talk with the mean stallions" She smiles softly and i reach out running my hands along her muzzle before pulling myself over and nuzzling her. She quickly forces me back though and then she drops back to the forest floor 3 pegasus stallions emerging from the forest and surrounding her only a few moments later.

"Where is the abomination" one of the stallions says

"I...I don't know I dropped him while running from you" my mother replies.

"We dont believe you" another stallion says after which a dull thump and a scream is heard making me go to the edge of the hole to look out. What I see is horrible, the three stallions have begun to stomp and punch my mother each of them screaming at her "where is the abomination" throughout the whole thing my mother just keeps saying 'I don't know' right up until one stallion stomps her head and she goes quiet and still. After several more minutes of stomping her the group goes off to look through the rest of the forest for me ending up leaving before they do.



Present day

As the memory plays through my mind I can feel something shift inside myself, the Magenta slits of my eyes turn a deep and menacing red, my wings shoot out to full extension, the claws on my hands flick out then I let out a terrifying and truly menacing roar, loud and strong enough to turn back most full grown dragons. Moving with such speed that I am just a blur I grab both Diamond Tiara and her friend by their tails lifting them up to let out another roar in their faces the color draining from them both completely as fear takes hold in their minds. I open my mouth and flames begin to build up at the back of my throat. I exhale covering the two in...taffy

"Now now now we can't be having that now can we" A voice says from all around me. The sheer enormity of the power I feel in that voice is enough to make me drop the fillies who both go scampering off at full speed. I whip around looking for the source my mind still completely consumed with the animal rage my kind suffers so greatly from. "You need to calm down" the voice says, my inability to find it only fueling my anger

Suddenly my nose picks up the scent of fresh meat real close by and the need to feed takes over and I turn towards Scootaloo and her friends. Seeing the look of hunger on my face the three scream and then suddenly I find myself unable to move and a rather mismatched looking creature comes walking over to me. "I was hoping to not have to interfere. That this time you would be better. Fluttershy always says everything deserves kindness, love and a second chance. I do not want to have to kill you again" (3)

My body Twitches, my muscles strain as I try to break free of whatever power holds me. I let out an unearthly feral snarl at the creature who simply proceeds to bop me on the head.

"Ok that's enough of that it's time you calmed down " with that, one of the creatures strange limbs reaches over placing itself over my face. A single flash of light and my body falls limp my conscious mind simply being turned off.

"Sleep now Prism the day will come when you will need to make a choice but that is not today" The creature chuckles and then takes my unconscious body to Twilight.

Author's Note:

(1) Gryphons , (2) Minotaurs
(3) in my headcanon discord is soooooo powerful that he can travel between all of the alternate dimensions at will and is why we dont see him very often in the show cuse hes always off in one of the other worlds. this particular one refers to my other fic
Feel like I should add in that this WILL be the one and only time that Discord is brought in to interfere. the next chapter will be interesting that I promise

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/File:Cheerilee_addresses_the_class_S4E05.png
http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Ponyville_Schoolhouse
images used for location of ponies in the classroom

PreviousChapters Next