• Published 20th Aug 2015
  • 844 Views, 14 Comments

Tales Of An Outcast - PrismStrike



the story of my life and how I went from just being an animal to having friends, a Life, a job and even a mare to call my own

  • ...
8
 14
 844

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 15.Meeting With The Princesses

The morning seems to come far to fast for me after I return to sleep. The first rays of Celestia's sun waking me as they shine through the window of my room and right into my face. As I look round there is Dash still curled up in her chair with her head resting on her fore hooves near my side. I smile softly just looking at this beautiful mare staying silent so as not to wake her. Upon going to flex my wings though I realise I cannot move them, nor can I even feel them.

"Ugh..oh hey your awake. Uhh? what's wrong Prism?" Dash says sleepily as I started to fidget and move trying to look behind me.

"I..I can't feel or move my wings Dash..." The look she gives me when I say that makes my normally hot blood run ice cold.

"Prism try to calm down ok" she says softly

"Dash...Dash! whats wrong with my wings Dash? Why can't I move or feel my wings?" my voice starting to fill with panic as I continue to look at her

She hangs her head and in barely a whisper says "Your wings are gone Prism"

My eyes go wide, my jaw goes slack and then everything goes black as I faint from sheer shock. When I wake up again it is no longer just Dash in the room with me. Accompanying her to this wake up are Twilight, the big white tank flanked sun butt Celestia, Luna and another Alicorn I have not yet met before who is pretty much all pink with a big heart on her flank. Upon noticing that I have once more returned to the land of the living Celestia is the first to speak.

"Prism I would first off like to say I am sorry for how I have treated you in the past. My experience with your kind made me biased towards you and for that I am sorry." I look over at Celestia as she hangs her head her tone apologetic. I sit there dumbfounded having not expected this from her before I can reply though she continues on.

"Next I would like to thank you for your efforts in freeing Ponyville. If you had not removed the one who had been placed in charge and given Cadence a place to assault Canterlot from I do not know how long this civil war would have lasted" Celestia motions to the pink alicorn as she says her name, who then steps forwards and speaks next.

"Yes Celestia is right. Your help in freeing Ponyville let me bring my forces in and set up a base camp close to Canterlot where we were able to quickly retake the capitol and free the other Princesses and then take back the rest of Equestria." the pink alicorn now known as Cadence says to me with a small smile.

"I did good then" I finally manage to say as the room goes quiet once Cadence had finished speaking.

"Yes Prism you did good" Twilight places her hoof upon my shoulder smiling warmly to me as speaks with pride in her voice.

Celestia begins to speak again and my attention quickly turns to her her voice having turned regal. "For your service to the crown in freeing Ponyville Prism. I have decided that once you are well enough to leave this hospital room that you will be awarded the Equestrian service medal. It is the highest honor that a civilian in Equestria can be given." Her bright smile once again catches me off guard for a moment before I look around at the others and see them all smiling to.

"So I do really good then" I say as I manage a smile before my face falls remembering about my wings.- "Dash said that my wings are gone?" I ask looking around the room none of them really seeming to want to make direct eye contact. It being Twilight who speaks up first after almost a full minute of silence.

"I am sorry Prism. But your wings were far to damaged and had to be surgically removed." says solemnly while looking down at the floor.

I let myself just sink back into the bed just staring up at the ceiling. After several minutes of silence Celestia quietly says to the others. "Come I think he needs to be alone for awhile" I can hear four sets of hooves quickly exit the room after that but then I feel another set place themselves on my arm.

"I really am sorry for what happened to you Prism" I know its Dash from her voice but I don't turn my head to look just continue to stare at the ceiling until I feel something wet against my arm and turn to look to see Dash crying silently.

"Dash. Please no be sad." I smile lifting my arm to lift her head to look at me. "I will be ok. I just need time. Be happy Dash, be Dash I know not sad Dash. Dash I know so much better to be around"

She looks at me for a few moments before managing to smile. "Ok Prism. I... I'll try"

"Thank you Dash. If you want there is one thing can do" I say to her.

"Oh what's that" comes her short reply.

I manage to turn to my side and raise my arm. "let me hold you while I rest feeling tired again" I say a little hopeful.

Dash looks to me and to the space I have made for her before chuckling softly and climbing up onto the bed pressing her back against my chest letting my arm drape around her. "Like this Prism"

I smile as I feel her warmth fill my body. "Yes, Thank you Dash." I lay my head against her neck before closing my eyes and quickly falling back asleep.

Author's Note:

Now before anyone gets on me about proper grammar in this chapter. Please do remember that he has been through surgery to remove what was left of his wings mainly the horribly damaged bones where the feathers would have connected, soooo he's been durgged up with painkillers etc and I would like to see anyone talk with proper sentances after major surgery.

PreviousChapters Next