• Published 20th Aug 2015
  • 844 Views, 14 Comments

Tales Of An Outcast - PrismStrike



the story of my life and how I went from just being an animal to having friends, a Life, a job and even a mare to call my own

  • ...
8
 14
 844

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 8 Introductions

After our outing we both manage to return to the castle without fuss, the spells Twilight had placed apparently linking to only her so only she knew of my trip outside the castle. Sadly after that I spend the next two days under guard within the castle not being left alone for a single moment not even during the intensified study session's with Twilight focusing solely upon my ability to speak and interact with others. I am very grateful when finally my time comes and I'm lead from the castle and then to Canterlot by Twilight. We skip entering the town proper going right to one of the strange outcroppings near the edge of Canterlot. As we come into view I can see several very large metal constructs resting only about a foot from the ground each nestled by its own private dock. We walk past a few of them coming to stop in front of a rather simple looking contraption although its size dwarfs all the others currently there.

"Ok Prism this one will take you to the Minotaur lands. I want you to be good and listen to what you are being taught" Twilight says to me placing a hoof upon my back and I nod

"I will Twilight" I lean down and hug her tightly just as a Minotaur comes out from the ship.

"Ok you the passenger then?" the rather thin and weak looking Minotaur asks me calmly

"I nod and walk over towards him. "Yes I am going to Minotaur lands to learn"

"Ok then. Well I hope your ready it will be a few days travel before we arrive and there is no turning around once we get underway" The Minotaur says with only a hint of boredom.

"I ready" is my only reply before I follow him onto the ship.



After a Rather boring few days of travel we finally arrive in Minotauria specifically a city called Sparta. where I am greeted by the Minotaur King himself.

"Ahhh Welcome welcome. You must be the one Celestia herself asked me for help with" the rather large and imposing Minotaur says

"Yes. I am Prism.I have come to train with Minotaur's to learn control" I state plainly.

"Well you have definitely come to the right place. We Minotaur's are known for the impeccable control of our tempers, But where are my manners. I am king Minos ruler of Minotauria and I officially welcome you to our lands Prism" King Minos says with genuine cheer in his voice. "It is not often that our great allies in Equestria ask for our help"

I nod and smile to him politely and then with a nod of his own, he shows me around the city of Sparta. After which I am lead to a secluded part just outside of the city proper.

"You will live and train here with the best warriors Minotuaria has to offer. you will learn control and discipline under the guidance of the Battle Master here. I will not lie to you it will not be an easy task nor will it be pleasant. You will train and work hard and when you are done you will leave here better for it" King Mino's says clamping a hand over my shoulder. "Make me proud but above all else make those waiting for you to come back proud" With that he simply points me in the direction I need to go and walks off.

After about 5 minutes of walking my nose is assaulted by the smell of an unknown Minotaur and my face is almost assaulted by a rather large double bladed axe that takes several hairs from my mane as I just manage to duck to avoid it taking my entire head.

"Ho there. You will state your name and intentions or the next wont miss" The Minotaur in question says as he steps from a large bush. The Minotaur's body is large and well muscled another axe slung across his shoulder, but nothing compared to the King still though I try my best to be polite.

"I am Prism. Come to learn from Minotaur's. Come to learn control so I can live with pony friends" is my response

"Ahhhh your the new one then huh" the Minotaur says looking me over "Well I have seen worse come through here and leave as warriors. Come I will take you to Battle Master Troi" With that his posture changes becoming much more friendly. He then leads me for a short distance to a large building made entirely of white stone that makes me think of Rarity. I am led in and through to a moderate sized room.

"Battle Master. The new meat has arrived" The Minotaur says to a rather large all black Minotaur.

"Hmmm step forwards new meat and present yourself" The Battle Master commands

Stepping forwards I say " I am Prism. Here to learn control from great Minotaur's" I say to him rather sheepishly

"Ha you learn. With your posture and demeanor wouldn't you be better off learning to farm or something else meant for the weak" The Battle Master's tone is to much like Diamonds was for me and my blood begins to boil in my veins.

"I here to learn to control animal inside. Not learn to do things for weak" I growl out my posture changing from shy passivity to an almost feral aggression.

"Ha your probably not even worth my time. You will probably leave after just the first day" The Battle Master sneers at me

My pulse pounds in my ears and my heart feels like it wants to tear forth from my chest, my blood feeling like lava within my veins. "I. Not. Weak. Me monster...need train to keep from hurting friends" my voice is filled with anger my body shaking slightly as I try to contain myself, the animal inside me snarling at the gates of my mind to be let loose.

"A monster huh. Maybe that's why you were abandoned then. Not only a weak creature but a weak monster." The Battle Masters laugh is full and thick, laced with venom and fully condescending towards me.

The moment the laugh leaves his lips my mind flips over, my eyes turn red and I rush the Battle Master with a roar of fury. Only to be silenced when the powerful Minotaur simply grabs me by the throat and squeezes down hard enough to completely halt my ability to breath.

"Ahhhh there we are. That is the Monster I wanted to see. I was told about you. Your past, your problems. Everything. I wanted to see this monster for myself." The Battle Master says looking at me with cold impassive eyes. "You will learn here from us and you will come to control this animal inside of you. For now though I think you need a nap." With that he clunks me over the head with his bare fist and I am rendered unconscious from the force of the blow.

Author's Note:

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/tcb-story-thread-2-the-re-threading.247091/page-16
map used for name of Minotaur lands

kinda just gunna gloss over his training as i dont want to write out 3+ chapters dedicated to just this. I have more important plot bits to be getting to. those of you enjoying this fic will thank me as it will bring some actual action to this story.

PreviousChapters Next