• Published 20th Aug 2015
  • 843 Views, 14 Comments

Tales Of An Outcast - PrismStrike



the story of my life and how I went from just being an animal to having friends, a Life, a job and even a mare to call my own

  • ...
8
 14
 843

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 31. Over Reaction.

It took me and Twilight only a short while to find our friends who had moved out to one of the tree and grass filled courtyards within the castle. We found them sitting as a group around one of the larger tree’s, talking amongst themselves in this particular yard. As we approached all of them of course greet Princess Twilight but the one called Starlight gives me a wide berth as the group greets me, though I am unable to mention it as Twilight goes into full regal mode quickly gathering up our friends close so she can tell them of what has gone on.

“Girls” Twilight begins, looking into the eyes of each of her friend one by one. “Princess Celestia has asked us to help in the defense of Canterlot. After we were summoned to the throne room some kind of shadow thing appeared and made a threat of an impending attack upon the capitol city and the Princesses themselves. An extra detachment of guards has been sent to ponyville to help ensure that our friends and neighbors there are safely kept within my castle until this crisis is over, That includes SweetieBelle, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo aswell, so none of you need to worry about your sisters official or otherwise, so will you help?” Twilight stops there to give her friends a chance to answer Dash of course the first to speak up.

“If the Princess needs me to help defend Canterlot then sign me up. Heck being a wonderbolt now practically means that I have to anyways.” Dash says proudly

“Even though a lady doesn’t usually involve herself in these kind of things, who am I to say no to the Princess. You can count me in Darling” Rarity replies with a flourish of her mane.

“Well me an mah family owe everything to tha Princess, and it wouldn’t be right for an Apple to turn down a request for help, so you can count me in Twi” AppleJack responds with a smile holding her head up proudly.

“I’ll totaly help show these meanies just how wrong they are, then we can all have a big victory party afterwards” Pinkie says with her usual exuberance and energy.

“Well I’ll do what I can to help though I don’t know how useful I will be” Comes Fluttershy’s soft voice from behind her mane.

All eyes then turn to Starlight who had yet to speak though what she says catches me off guard for a moment "I am more than willing to help use my magic to protect Canterlot, but what about him." Starlight finishes by pointing her hoof at me

"Starlight that's just..." Twilight begins only to be cut off as I move forwards and extend my arm infront of her.

"Let me handle this Twilight" I say to her turning my head to look at her over my shoulder before my gaze moves back to Starlight, who flinches back slightly as my eyes make contact with hers. "As the rest of our friends all know this Starlight and have come to accept what I am, I shall say this only once." I stop speaking for a moment to smile at the mare before continuing on. "As it has been proven time and time again, not all ponies are good, through my actions since Princess Twilight and her friends first came and took me from the forest I called home for most of my life. I have been trying to show the world that not all of my kind are monsters. That given the chance my kind can be productive and valuable members of pony society." As I have spoken I have slowly been moving forwards closer to Starlight, though as i come within reach of her she suddenly rushes backwards stopping only when she comes into contact with something solid which just so happens to be the tree that the group had been sitting around.

"st..stay back" Starlights voice is full of fear despite what I had just said, as I look into her eyes I can see that the fear she holds is from her own imagination and I to this day suspect that her mind had been showing her all the ways in which i could have killed her. I begin to raise my hands and arms up to show i mean her no harm but she must end up taking it the wrong way as her horn quickly glows and then i find myself falling through the sky the edge of Canterlot city several dozen yards off to one side and more than a few dozen feet below.

"Oh Tartarus" I exclaim as I look down to see only the plains that surround Canterlot mountain stretching out around me. 'ok Prism you got this, no better time then now i guess to see if these things actually work for full flight' I think to myself as I slowly take in as deep a breath as I can before spreading out my metal wings. Immediately the drain upon what little pegasi magic my body has managed to restore since this morning is taxed, my body strains against the pull as my mind fights to remain conscious as the manastone in my wings tries to fully activate. After several moments where I find myself unsure of wether or not this is going to work, my decent begins to stop and my flight slowly becomes stabilized though I am only able to manage a glide towards the general direction of Canterlot city.

As i sail in towards the white stone of the streets and buildings along the outskirts my flight magic begins to fail me 'no no no no not yet just a little further' I scream at myself within my mind trying as hard as i can to get those last few needed feet out of my flight. Just as I get up towards the edge of the city my flight magic fails me entirely and I once more begin to plummet from the sky, though I am able to grab onto the very edge of the city's overhang digging my claws into the white stone that Cantrelot is made from. After several tense moments of hanging there over the edge of the city I manage to pull myself up and over the lip and deposit myself onto the edge of canterlots outskirts. I lay there panting, barely conscious from the strain of my wings, when suddenly a familiar sight greets me, spears and white ponies in golden armour

"state your name and business here in Canterlot" One of the white ponies in the golden armour say but I find myself unable to respond as my mind begins to go black, thankfully the last thing my mind registers before i fully lose consciousness is another of the ponies saying "Hey isn't that, that Prism fellow, the one who got that medal recently from the Princesses." that though is where my mind blanks and the darkness once more takes me.

Author's Note:

yes i know im playing starlight a little heavy but this is starlight before season 6 so no trixie as a friend yet, no completed friendship lessons etc. Im also gunna start putting this here more often. if you notice any MISTAKES, grammar, punctation spelling etc please PLEASE point them out to me. I am still doing all prereading and editing myself so any help at all would be appreciated. I want to make this story as good as it can be, not for me but for the enjoyment of those reading it. Thank you and I hope you all continue to enjoy this story

PreviousChapters Next