• Published 20th Aug 2015
  • 843 Views, 14 Comments

Tales Of An Outcast - PrismStrike



the story of my life and how I went from just being an animal to having friends, a Life, a job and even a mare to call my own

  • ...
8
 14
 843

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 35. There Is Always A Light

Shortly after the Princess leaves us both me and Dash are quick to make ourselves presentable before heading over to the throne room. Upon arrival there we are both quite rapidly told what our duties are, each of us ending up with a different section of Canterlot to go through. It is nearly six hours later when my section of the city has finally been cleared, the cities residents having been ushered through the castle, into and down an old passageway and then finally into the ancient crystal catacombs within the mountain itself. During the evacuations though a fleet of Airships had been spotted off in the distance, which had ended up turning out to be a fleet of Minotaur airships carrying over 1000 fully armed and armored of the minotaurs best soldiers, the first of Equestria's allies answering her call for help. By the time the citizens of Canterlot had been fully moved to the catacombs several more of Equestria's allies had arrived including an entire battle division of griffons, consisting of nearly 2000 griffon soliders and even a few of the older dragons had arrived. It was as I was making my way to the dining hall for lunch that I got an even bigger surprise as a frantic solar guard runs Directly into me.

"Hey whats the rush," I say getting myself back to my feet before helping the rather distraught guardpony to their feet.

"Every guard in the city has been called to the eastern side of the lower city. A swarm of changelings has been spotted on approach towards that section of the city. Celestia and Luna have already gone there to await the swarms arrival." The guard says to me in a rush before galloping off through the castle.

It takes me a moment to realize what he said but once it hits me I'm off running down the hall after the guard. It takes me about ten minutes to make the normally forty minute run as I drop down onto all fours using my claws for extra traction not even thinking about the gouges they leave in the smooth marble floor, having heard of the changelings and the threat they pose from Princess twilight during my original education about Equestria. As I arrive to the an open Area on the eastern side of the lower city doing my best to control my breathing so I'm not panting as I join the group of Guards and Princesses that are gathered There.

Almost every guard turns to look at me as I arrive as does Princess Luna who simply nods as i take my place among the groups. As i look out towards the horizon the sky is filled with what seems like a massive black cloud that is steadily moving closer towards the city and castle. When the giant cloud like swarm comes within a few kilometers of the castle it simply stops sitting there like a massive buzzing cloud. From the swarm comes a small group that rapidly begin to approach towards the Princesses and the gathered Guards. As the smaller group of changelings comes within a few hundreds yards it becomes clear that it is a very small group consisting of 2 slightly larger than average size changelings and one which could only be called Princess sized.

The small group quickly finishes approaching landing just at the edge of the group of guards though more Solar and Night guards continue to show up from around the city. The smaller changelings stand at the front for a moment before being beckoned aside by the taller one. Looking directly at her she is nothing like how Chrysalis the evil Changeling Queen was described to me as this one has A Ruby red mane and tail Along with bright golden colored eyes and red coverings for her wings and underbelly. She scans the gathered guards with those golden eyes going from one side of us to the other before speaking with a rather soft voice.

"Please be at peace. I come bearing no ill will towards you. In fact I have heard of your plight and have come to aid Equestria in its time of need." The Tallest one begins "I am Amaryllis Current Queen and Matriarch of the Changelings. Please believe me when I say I truly have come to help" The now identified Queen Amaryllis finishes with a hopeful look in those golden eyes of hers.

Princess Celestia is the first to get over her shock to make a response "Well this is definitely not what I was expecting when i was told Changelings had been spotted approaching Canterlot. I would like nothing more than to believe you Amaryllis but what Guarantees could you give us that you are not actually Chrysalis in disguise using this as a way to try to take over"

I keep my attention on the Changeling Queen wtaching her expression remain hopeful. "I can Promise you that the former Queen Chrysalis will not be bother Equestria ever again. After her failed attempt on Equestria during the wedding of Shining armour and Princess Mi Amora Cadenza the hive as a whole decided to remove herin a bloody yet thankfully short civil war. If you want proof of her death i do believe we still have her corpse stored somewhere. Regardless though I was chosen to lead the hive after that and underwent the process of becoming a Queen. When i finally finished only just recently I decided that it would be better to live with you Equestrians rather than against you. As in our shared history the changelings have fared better when Equestria and its citizens are happy." She finishes with a smile that hopeful look still upon her face.

Princess Celestia seems to mull this over for a few moments but while doing so her sister Princess Luna takes the time to speak "Quite the tale you have Amaryllis. Personally I would love to Inspect that vile bugs corpse just to ensure for myself that she is truly dead but if what you say is true then you and your changelings could be quite a powerful addition to our forces here" With a wave of her wing her Nightguard all immediately stand down "I shall give you the benefit of the doubt for now but know that if this is some trick I am not as kind as my sister when dealing with traitors"

Queen Amarylis nods to this and Celestia motions for her guards to stand down as well. Within a few moments of this the two Princesses are heading off towards the castle with Amaryllis following along behind them and I make my way back to the castle as well to seek out some lunch.

Author's Note:

I live again sorry for the wait took me forever to think up a good name for my bug Queen (kinda sorta stole it from another author though i got permission first) but this here means that now i will finally actually get around to finishing this.

PreviousChapters Next