• Published 20th Aug 2015
  • 844 Views, 14 Comments

Tales Of An Outcast - PrismStrike



the story of my life and how I went from just being an animal to having friends, a Life, a job and even a mare to call my own

  • ...
8
 14
 844

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 9 A Call Home

The next three months are spent going between combat training and meditation to train both my body and mind. They also spend time teaching me some of the finer things like Battle Master Troi who paints landscapes of the multi colored flower covered hills that cap the horizon to the north of Sparta or one my my new friends the dual war hammer wielder Krath who loves to cook and is the designated chef of our war house. And so many others who have simple quiet pastimes for when they are not training or meditating. I have learned so much during my time here it is simply amazing the least of which is the level of control I have gained through the long hours of meditation and camaraderie from a group of creatures that can easily handle me when I do go feral which I no longer need to be knocked out to recover from only held back or talked down from. I can almost focus it like another weapon. I am soo close but not quite there. The Battle Master tells me it will come but its just so hard to be patient I miss all of the friends I had made back in ponyville one of who I had confided in with Krath about having a liking for to which after hearing my description of had given me some rather good advice on the subject. Sadly such pleasantries were all cut short when Equestria had sent out a desperate call to its allies for immediate help defending its lands, to which of course Minotauria had agreed to send its warriors, the news making its way to my ears shortly after making my blood boil hotter than it had ever before at the thought that my friends may be in danger. I go to my Battle Master immediatly.

"Battle Master Troi...Please I must go...my friends they must be in danger." The look I give the Battle Master of sheer and utter need to protect my friends completely blocking out the rage boiling through my veins stifling any sound of protest in his throat.

"Alright Prism. You have done well these three months. I was asked by King Minos if I felt you might be ready to do this and I told him I would see how you handled the news which arrived 3 days ago to my ears and only now to yours. But I feel as though your want to protect your friends will help in this there are no greater bonds than friends or family both are the only ones you can count upon in life" The Battle Master says with a satisfied huff "We will leave by the eve so go and prepare quickly we shall be in your home within days.

With that I almost fly from his war room and into my own quarters packing up the sword and even armor I have acquired both of which was custom made by the local blacksmith for me the day I truly started my training after. I of course also grab the sack containing my mothers bones her skull, spine and twenty feathers ten from each of her wings. With my small collection of belongings gathered I turn to meditation until it is time to leave. When the time arrives and our war house goes to the airship I am the very first to board being eager to come to the aid of my friends.

Several days later as we approach Canterlot Airspace close enough to make out the shape of the castle on the horizon, our airship is attacked by pegasi who bring it down with bolts of lightning from their wings. In the ensuing panic I am only able to save my friend Krath the rest of our war house dying when the ship explodes moments after I get myself and my friend to the relative safety of the skies which lasts only a moment as the pagasi come in to attack us. Racing towards the ground I let out blasts of fire from my muzzle deterring some of the weaker flyers but many of them working their magics to rain lightning down upon me. Many bolts strike me scorching my scales but not much more making me grateful for once for having them. Though when a bolt strikes my wing it freezes mid flap and I fall from the sky only just managing to hold onto Krath as we plummet. I drop him when the ground has come close enough letting him roll to safety before I slam face first into the grass and dirt again making me thankful for having scales as they absorb most of the impact many along my face and chest cracking heavily. A quick check shows my wing to be useless many of the primary and secondary feathers smoldering from the hit others ripped out during the landing. With one look to krath who had landed nearby we break into a run doing our best to avoid the lightning being completely unarmed save for the chestplate, spiked shoulder guards and gauntlets I was wearing and the short sword currently in Krath's hands the rest of our gear including my mothers bones lost to the explosion of our ship. As we run my rage seethes from the loss of something so important and my inability to protect it. A lightning bolt zips just over my head singeing my mane to which I reply with a fireball from my mouth scoring a direct hit making the pegasi burst into flames and fall from the sky screaming. Recognizing the area where we landed as being one of the open plains just a mile or two outside of ponyville I urge my friend on to move faster, when suddenly a rainbow streak breaks through the sky knocking the other pegasi from it as a large rainbow colored explosion bursts across the sky. The rainbow streak comes in landing right near us.

"Dash" I exclaim running over and hugging her

"Hey Prism glad to see your ok" RainbowDash says before looking me over "Although it definitely looks like you have been better"

After exchanging a soft smile aswell as another hug I state simply "The others. Are they ok" the look she gives me as she replies is enough to make my blood boil.

"Most of us are Prism But...but Twilight was captured along with the rest of the Princesses. They are being held in Canterlot with Celesita knows what being done to them. None of us have been able to get close enough to try and mount a rescue" She says looking almost defeated her expression so sad that it wrenches upon my heart.

Placing a hand upon her back I say comfortingly " Don't worry Dash. I will get Twilight back along with the other Princesses. I'm gunna make whoever is responsible for this wish they had never been born...but first. i need to get my wing looked at"

Dash nods to me and we go towards Ponyville general hospital. Krath following behind us.

Author's Note:

I'm gunna have him speaking a lot better now cuse remember hes just spent 3 months living with 15+ fully grown Minotaur's who as is show canon can speak Equestrian

Armor shown in link is not exactly how Glitters looks just based upon it but made for his special biology so sans helmet, large slits along the back for his wings and even slots for his claws to come out through the finger tips of the gauntlets. its made of lightweight "meteor" metal that the King had set aside for Glitter at Celestia's request and pre payment. Celestia does have plans if he can be used by her. his kind are formidable weapons of death and destruction

Agonized for hours over who i would set up as the threat to Equestria. Eventually settled upon a rogue faction of ponies wanting to dethrone the current monarchy. and before you can say why weren't they just repelled their tactics will be explained and how they got the princesses without to much fuss. also the three month training period is to allow for the rest of season 5 to happen without it affecting my timeline. as the show progresses i may even make mention to episodes or events from episodes

PreviousChapters Next