• Published 20th Aug 2015
  • 844 Views, 14 Comments

Tales Of An Outcast - PrismStrike



the story of my life and how I went from just being an animal to having friends, a Life, a job and even a mare to call my own

  • ...
8
 14
 844

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 14 One Bad Dream.

Once the group has filed out of the room I slowly let my eyes close allowing sleep to once more take me. As my mind passes through into the realm of dreams though I find myself surrounded by darkness a deep sense of foreboding permeating all of my senses as I attempt to get some idea of where I could be a voice suddenly rings out from the darkness.

"Why do you fight your instincts. Why do you hold back when you could easily be their superior. Why work for food" the voice from the darkness says in a rather condescending tone.

"Who are you." I call out ignoring the voices questions.

"I am the darkness that swallows the light. I am the evil that waits in the shadows. I am the bringer of death. I am Seshareem lord of darkness once proud king of the dragons." comes the voices reply.

"Haven't heard of you before. why are you here. I know that I must be dreaming" I quip sarcastically.

"You are only partially right. this may be the realm of dreams but this itself is no dream. I have entered into your mind to find out why you are so different than those who have come before you." comes the darkness' reply.

"That is easy to explain. I choose to be better than those who have come before. I choose to not be a monster. I have chosen friendship." comes my quick and proud reply.

"Friendship...bah. Friendship is not for your kind. You and those before you were made to be one thing. A monster, and when your 'friends' see the monster within you they will turn on you" the voice sneers out chuckling.

"No my friends would never abandon me. They care for me." I say sternly no doubt in my mind that they would stand by me.

"You will see one day little monster. Their kind has always viewed yours as an abomination and soon your friends will see you as such as well. For now though I am finished talking with you so wake up little monster" the voice slowly fades back into the darkness before I find myself sitting bolt upright in my hospital bed.

"Prism?" I turn my head and there's Dash once more next to my bed, her hoof on my scaled hand concern easily readable in her eyes. "You were fidgeting and seemed stressed in your sleep."

I smile softly looking up at her and weakly say. "Its ok... Dash just... a bad... dream"

my smile seems to work as she relaxes.

"Ok I thought something might have been wrong but I am glad it was just a dream" Dash says softly moving up to give me a soft hug. "You should try and get some more rest if you can though tomorrow is going to be busy."

"What is... going on tomorrow" I ask her as i lay myself back down.

"Don't worry about that now ok. For now just rest" comes her reply

"Ok Dash" I say placing my other hand upon her hoof. "Thanks for being... here it really,,,, means a lot... to me"

a slight blush comes to her cyan cheeks as she replies." It's nothing Prism what are friends for right"

I smile once more before letting my eyes close this time proper sleep coming to claim me.

Author's Note:

Another short chapter. next chapter will be going over how the equestrians got passed that little civil war thing and the chapter after what really happened to glitter in his cell. might even try to get both of those chapters out today even.

PreviousChapters Next