• Published 24th Jul 2015
  • 260 Views, 2 Comments

Domain Somniorum - Chloe The Great



Coco Pommel finds herself in a place in which she had never been and yet every aspect of where she suddenly appeared seems familiar in a vague aspect.

  • ...
 2
 260

Chapter I

“Are you sure this looks okay?” Coco Pommel asked Rarity, who was behind her, examining a fine piece of fabric. Coco looked in the mirror, her eyebrows knitted together. Rarity looked up, a vague look in her expression.

“Hmm? Oh, yes, dear,” Rarity affirmed her. She lowered her red rimmed glasses and looked her new friend up and down. “You look very pretty, no surprise there!” she beamed at Pommel, attempting to reassure her once again.

“I…I guess so,” Coco sighed. She tested a smile in the mirror, trying to replicate Rarity’s dazzling smile. When no such luck occurred, her cheeks fell and she looked at her toes.

They were painted a sky blue, just like her fingernails, though the twins at the salon had a hard time applying the polish. This was due to Coco Pommel’s bad habit of biting her nails to nubs. She put an arm ahead of her to examine her pale fingers and their glossy ends.

“A very nice shade, if I do say so myself,” Rarity told her. “It even matches your hair!”

Pommel curled her shoulder length light sapphire hair, thick streaks of arctic running through it, around one of her fingers. A small smile appeared on her face as she looked back on her new friend.

“Thank you, Rarity,” she mumbled, her cheeks pink.

“Of course, dear,” Rarity said before returning to her cloth. She began to walk away, attending to an outfit design that hung on a small bulletin board.

Coco sighed and leaned her back against the mirror. She hit her head a little hard while slumping against the surface, a sharp pain throbbing now. She hissed in pain, rubbing the back of her scalp. She gently lowered herself onto the mirror again, but something strange happened as she hovered close to it.

A mysterious sound that made her think of the sound of gelatin when it wiggled from side to side caught her attention. She quickly spun around and saw the mirror’s surface ripple. Pondering whether it was a trick of the eye, she stared at it curiously.

She laid her palm on the edge of the mirror and tides of her reflection quivered and disappeared beyond the mirrors edges.

“Rarity, do you see this?” Coco gasped, fingering the substance of the mirror.

“Hmm…See what, darling?” Rarity murmured, still gazing at her blueprints.

“The mirror it’s—” she began but was interrupted when Coco felt her body being pulled towards the mirror. She grasped the frame tightly, baring her teeth. The force began to make her legs and arm waver, her fingers slipping from her grip.

What is happening!? She thought with panic, fear flooding her mind.
Don’t be frightened, child! A soft voice cried inside Pommel’s head. She squealed, frightened beyond comprehension. There is no reason to be alarmed. Please, let go.

Coco squeezed her eyes shut and let herself go. A force pulled her into the mirror and she felt her body tense as a bone chilling frost covered her body. Suddenly, though, the cold feeling was gone.

Her eyes flew open and she saw large and fluffy white clouds scattered across a vast blue sky above her. She shifted her limbs and felt wet grass brush against the back of her body.

Am I naked? Pommel asked herself silently.
I apologize for putting you in such a vulnerability, Coco Pommel. It was the voice she heard before she was here, lying here in what appeared to be a forest. She had been in a clearing where trees circled her.

Where am I?” she asked the voice, apprehension and curiosity lacing her own. A tall and thin figure appeared before her feet.

“This location is known by several names,” they said softly, “I prefer to call it…the Domain Somniorum.” A sun shone bright in the sky and a ray illuminated the figure’s face.

He had high cheekbones, small and plump lips, close set eyes, and fairly thick eyebrows. He also had sleek black hair that went to his chin, but he kept it out of his face by tucking strands behind his ear.

“Am I in heaven?” Coco asked him grimly.

“No,” the man chuckled, “but if you wander here long enough that is where you will go.”

“W-Why am I here?” she stammered.

“To find your way out,” he replied with grace.

“I don’t understand,” she sighed, “you told me to let myself get sucked into this place and now you want me to look for an exit?” The man looked at her like she had said something truly inspiring.

“That is a wonderful way to put it,” he grinned.

“Okay, who are you?” she said slowly.

“I am nothing more than a permanent resident,” he leered.

“But you said—“

“Yes, but I am a rare exception. You see, I arrived here already knowing that I would not be able to escape or go back,” he explained, “but you came here suddenly and with great hesitation, might I add!”

“That’s true but you make it sound as if it happens all the time,” she said, her eyebrows knitted together, “this happens often, then?” The man nodded.

“Do you have another question?” he inquired. Pommel nodded. “Go ahead, child.”

“Where do I leave?” she said with forethought.

“You leave from where you entered,” he responded simply.

“Is…Is that riddle?” she wondered. Before she could say anything else, the man brought out his hand, offering it to her. She took his hand and was lifted from the ground swiftly. Her cheeks flushed as he gazed into her eyes.

“You are very pretty,” he told her with a straight face.

“Not really…” she said quickly.

“Why do you say that?”

“I…I don’t know,” Coco replied honestly. “What is your name?”

“You ask many questions,” the man said. “I don’t know my name, but you may call me what you wish.”

“I’ll call you…Rarity,” she stated.

“Very well.”

“Rarity, please show me the way in which I came.”

Author's Note:

This is a project that will have large gaps or updates. I don't expect it to have many likes or favorites, but I just thought of this recently and I decided to do it. This is supposed to also be a metaphorical story, so if it is at a quick pace that you aren't used to, you probably shouldn't read this story. Of course, it won't be this way the whole ride. The pace will began to slow down, so no need to worry.

Until next time...

Comments ( 2 )

Coco gasped...fingering

I'm already hooked.

I would not escape or go back in which I came from,

Awkward wording here and other places, nonetheless this was a very short chapter. Feels more like a prologue.

6240830 that's about what I'm aiming for. Sorry about the awkward placing of words I'm trying the old fashioned stuff. Thank you for the advice! :heart:

Login or register to comment