• Published 11th Jul 2015
  • 399 Views, 0 Comments

Boom, Beep, Pop, Crack, Sigh... (Good Ending) - YADAMAN



One pony's goal of going out with a special somepony might come true...

  • ...
 0
 399

Good Ending - Part Two: Ponyville's New Visitor and Apple Acres

The road to Ponyville, from Jeremy’s trailer anyway, was a stagnant one.

It all starts with the cliff’s summit, in which branches off into a light brown pathway, covered in twigs and decomposing leaves. The cliff that supports Jeremy’s trailer used to be some sort of watchtower back in the times of Starswirl the Bearded and the Chronicle Battles. It was long since been abandoned and for that reason was left to rot – that is until some ponies helped Jeremy clean up his lawn and jagged staircase leading outward to an intersection that connects to, well… Ponyville. Despite this, sticks of varying sizes and pebbles always seemed to collect within the pathway, but Jeremy didn’t seem to mind; after all, he was going to hang out with his friends today.

Okay, time to meet up with Applejack! Jeremy thought and mentally prepared for a physical morning’s work. Although, this wasn’t going to be the first time that he helped the farm pony.

Applejack is a local resident of Ponyville but she doesn’t visit the town that often after the tragic incident.

Don’t bother asking Jeremy what this so-called “tragic incident” was about, even he doesn’t know what happened.

Yet, despite that, Jeremy still was able to find her roaming the streets of the nearby town trying to sell her apples - without much success – with the help of his newly established friend and supposed greeter of Ponyville.

Pinkie… Again, Jeremy somehow was able to lose himself in his thoughts by the pink mare that he had set his heart for.


POP!

A rain of confetti has sprinkled down onto the unsuspecting dark, green colored stallion.

“Welcome, welcome, welcome! A fine welcome to you!” a pink pony has started some sort of tune.

“Uh can you tell me where to buy some stuff, like a market perhaps?” Waving to the pink mare, the stallion hoped to catch her attention. His efforts were in vain. He had no choice but to let her finish her song.

“Welcome, welcome, welcome! I say how do you do? Welcome, welcome, welcome! My hip hip hurray! Welcome, welcome, welcome! To Ponyville today! Wait for it...."

A silence ensued between the two ponies. At this point, the stallion wouldn't be surprised if the pink mare pulls out a knife and stabs him for the mere satisfaction of doing so. Wait a minute...

POP! Even more confetti littered the trail and the two ponies, plus the pet lizard. They both shook off the foreign party material.

“Uh hi! I just came into town and I need some stuff for my new place,” the discombobulated stallion tried to see how the pink mare would react to a normal conversation.

“Oh what kind of stuff are you looking for, mister?” The mare focused on the green stallion, perhaps with too much attention.

Unfazed by the odd stare, the stallion answered the mare's question, “Um food, clothes, probably a bed – preferably a small one that fits into a trailer and I guess a tv if anypony has one.”

“Well you met the right mare for the job! I know everypony and every store here in Ponyville! We can find you all the stuff that you need!”

“We?” the green stallion asked while looking around the pink mare.

“Yes, we! Gummi and I!” the pink mare reaches out into her sack and brings out a light green animal. The specimen stared at the stallion, as if it was in shock of seeing a creature with a different shade of green. “He’s my pet lizard! We always welcome new ponies that come to our town together!”

“Oh, that’s very interesting! He looks very cool!” as soon as he said that, a long drop of drool from the lizard's snout-mouth fell to the ground. “Aaaanyway, pardon my manners. My name is Jeremy Kathof, what's yours?”

The green stallion at last took a closer look at the mare holding the lizard. The mare started to talk enthusiastically. Jeremy found himself staring about, drifting from her poof-y mane to her curvy flank. The mare was jumping up and down while speaking. Something about this mare caught his attention, but he can’t quite make heads or tails of it. She started to make elaborate faces and poses as she explained something that seemed rather important. Is it her peppy personality? The pink pony settled down noticing her pet lizard licking the floor, she stopped talking. Is it her you-know-what’s? She placed a bowl with some sort of paste in front of the lizard, probably food for the sad animal that has no teeth. Perhaps it’s the fact that she is a pet owner that made her that much more approachable, or even desirable? She got up, took a deep breath in and opened her mouth to speak once again. Jeremy started to listen this time, after receiving a keen interest in this new pony that literally popped into his life.

“- but nopony calls me that anymore, so just call me Pinkie Pie!” Jeremy lost most of what the pink mare said since he was kind of distracted by the exact same pony that was talking to him. Talk about irony. Despite that he did get her name, his initial goal from asking.

“Well Pinkie Pie, I’m glad that I was a-able to meet you.” Wait why am I here again? “Oh that’s right! So sh-showing me don’t you mind stuff we get? I mean you really don’t mind showing me around to get my stuff?” Jeremy was shaking. His hooves were sweaty. No matter what was the exact reason that made the stallion stutter and feel butterflies, but this mare obviously has done something to make his heart swoon.

“Heehee! Of course not! What are friends for! But quick, we got to hurry! I got some work to do at Sugarcube Corner, so if I can’t show you every place here in Ponyville right now before we finish, just hop on over and I would be happy to help you out some more!”

The mention of having work snapped Jeremy to his current task.


He noticed that he was losing speed and remembered the rumors of the last pony that was late to assist Applejack at the farm.

His slow trot turned quickly to a gallop and finally into a full-fledged run after the sudden realization.

Before he knew it, Ponyville was getting farther in the distance. The sun perfectly set above the mountains.

Beautiful… I never realized how much I appreciated nature…

Transfixing his view forward, he saw yet another fruit of nature, literally.

Trees. Rows upon rows of trees with random bits of the color red were evenly spaced out and properly anchored within portions of the branches, that were in turn covered with leaves.

The fruit of nature churned among Jeremy’s thoughts.

Apples... Yet, tried as he might, the condensed memory he desperately tried to keep at bay quickly leapt back into Jeremy’s focus…


While getting supplies, Pinkie and Jeremy took some time exploring the town. Pinkie showed Jeremy all her favorite places. She showed him where she worked, Sugarcube Corner - a bakery that was Pinkie’s home and party house. She mentioned that they needed to change the ovens in the bakery since they were some sort of fire hazard. Those stove ovens were in fact gas-burners, an explosion waiting to happen. Jeremy seemed concerned when Pinkie brought it up, but she assured him that it was nothing to worry about. They visited the local library, but it was unfortunately closed. Pinkie said that her friend that runs the library, Twilight, was on a royal visit with Princess Celestia. Jeremy didn’t believe her. Like come on, who would believe that a simple pony that lives in a tree – a TREE – would have royal meetings with one of the Princesses? It just seemed too unbelievable. Yet, Jeremy didn’t say anything as they passed by. He liked this mare and he would do anything for her, no matter how absurd it may be.

Wow, Jeremy do you honestly believe that you would have a shot with a pony that you just met!? I guess the best thing to do at this point is to get to know her better.

Their next stop was the market. Jeremy needs some food restocked after the semi-long journey from Canterlot. He was able to get some carrots, hay, and some other food stuffs. However, Jeremy felt like he was missing something until a shouting mare caught his attention.

“Get your fresh apples straight from the farm!” the orange-colored mare announced to the public. She was getting agitated since nopony bought her apples for the whole day she has been at the market. “None other than the Apple family’s produce!” Fruit, that is what Jeremy needed.

“Who’s that? Is she selling apples?” Jeremy referred to Pinkie for an answer.

“Yuppity-yup! That’s Applejack! She runs the local farm just a few minutes outside of Ponyville with her big brother and grandma. We are like the bestest of friends! We are practically related! Did I mention that she also makes great apples!” Pinkie’s knowledge of everypony sure pays off.

“In that case, I guess I could check her out. Oh! I mean talk to her! Not like you know, the other thing?”

“Heehee! You are very funny mister!” Pinkie shifted her gaze to the clock tower in the middle of the town. “Wait is it really 1 o’clock already? I got to go! Talk to you later, Jere!” Before the stallion could say anything, Pinkie was already a solid fifty feet away and the distance was only getting farther away. “Say hi to Applejack for me!” Pinkie hopped and skipped into the bustling streets of Ponyville – disappearing within the crowd of ponies.

Jeremy felt heartbroken. A mare that made his heart race and just met within the last half hour, was gone in mere seconds. And what did she call him? Jere? The stallion dismissed the nickname from his mind, for now.

Something is odd about that mare, but I… like her? Not sure, but with that much energy that is probably not the last that I will see her… Wait a minute… oh yeah! I know where she works now! I can just visit her anytime I want! But no what am I talking about, come on think straight! I can’t just waltz anytime I feel like it. That would be kind of creepy! Okay. Let me give her some space today and I can finish getting my things and tomorrow I will pay her a visit! All right! You are a genius Jeremy! Always think things through and you shall be rewarded! The content stallion grinned.

And it looks like that pony is still trying to sell her apples… Jeremy for some reason felt tension building up. Regardless of what that feeling was, he needed apples. I might as well.

He approached the farm pony in a calm and collective manner, nearly tripping by somepony zipping past by, obviously focusing on some exotic-looking fabric held by her horn’s magic. Getting even closer to the orange mare, her shouting became even more distinct as well as the slight glimpse of her cutie mark.

Three apples.

So she should be an expert then. A statement that sounded much more like a question than a fact.

“Get your apples, fresh from Apple Acres! If it’s good for the princesses, it’s good for y’all too!” the orange colored mare shouted with an approachable and somewhat friendly country accent.

“Hi, I would like some apples,” Jeremy slightly taken back by the orange mare’s appearance. Up close, she seems stressed out. Her green eyes were blood-shot. Her mane was all over the place, she also seemed to be quite sweaty. Maybe a hat would help her cool off. It is a warm day today.

“Oh thanks a bunch! You have no idea what I been through!”

“I could imagine. It seems that with all that hard work, you deserve some kind of payment.”

“Yeah, I wish somepony would help out sometime at the farm, even the littlest of efforts help out a whole lot.”

“Hmm, I might have a solution for that, why not I help you sometime? I recently just moved outside of Ponyville and I need to rack up some bits for the time being.”

“Oh I don’t know about that. Our family is kind of… struggling. And ‘cause of that, I may not be able to give you some bits for your hard work…How about I give you apples? In exchange for your time out on the farm?” The farm pony seemed a bit tense. Something is on her mind…

“That seems fair and all, but I really need some bits. I need to buy some more stuff and I don’t think ponies would trade furniture for…apples,” Jeremy chuckled while saying that last word.

“Well, alrighty then. That will be three apples for two bits, that is if ya still want some.” The mare let out a fake laugh, being friendly as much as possible.

“Yeah, that price seems reasonable? I never really had to bother buying food back where I came from. So I got nothing to compare it to. But I will do it. Three apples for two bits it is then.”

“Thanks new pony,” Applejack passed the apples in a bag and Jeremy lifted it with his magical grasp. “Now I got to go, I have something’ to do back at the farm.” With some urgency, Applejack saddled onto her cart and started heading back home.

Jeremy called out to the orange mare. “Wait! I need to know if I can stop by later and get some more apples. Three will only last for so long.”

Stopping immediately, Applejack swiftly turned around. “Sure, new pony! Any time just stop on by whenever ya need to restock. What is your name by the way? I don’t want to call you ‘new pony’ all the time, mainly ‘cause you are not going to be new after a while.”

“Haha true. Call me Jeremy.” The stallion’s mood lightened a bit.

“My name’s Applejack, but I’m willing to bet you already knew that.” The mare obviously knew that one of the residents must had pointed her out and given him a name.

“Actually I just saw you at the market and I needed some apples, so I asked a mare that was showing me around. Her name is Pinkie Pie. Oh and before I forget, Pinkie says ‘Hi’ by the way. She needed to do a few things so she couldn’t come and say it herself but she told me to tell you.”

“Oh thanks, Jere! Tell her that I say ‘Hi’ back!”

“Jere?” asked Jeremy, confused by the same shortened form of his name that Pinkie coincidently just called him minutes prior.

“Oh, my bad! I give ponies that I meet nicknames or little catchphrases of their full name! If ya don’t like it, I could just call by your real name.” She fidgeted while she said that. Whatever what was on her mind, it craved her attention.

“No, no. I don’t mind at all. It just sounded weird since I never got an official nickname before and you were not the only uh…never mind, ignore what I just said. It just sounded weird is all.”

“All right, I don’t like to offend no pony, ‘specially those that are not around from these parts. Anyway I really got to go, my family is probably worried ‘bout me.” Applejack turned around, seemingly uncomfortable with the conversation.

“Okay and if you need any help at the farm, I’ll be willing to help. Everypony needs a break every once in a while. In fact … I will do it for free. Just want to help a fellow pony out,” hesitantly offered Jeremy. He knew that he needed money, but he felt that he could become good friends with this pony and was obligated to help in her time of need - his old personality was definitely still present after all those years, a lingering fear that made Jeremy leave the first town he settled down in…

The farm pony took a long pause before responding. “Ya know… I might take ya up for that offer. See ya, new pony!” Her mood became slightly cheery.

“Okay, bye Applejack!”

The mention of the country mare’s name by his own mouth fragmented space and time. It was in that exact moment that the memory dispersed instantaneously.


The awkward moment from his past was replaced with the present as Jeremy stopped frantically with the might of his four hooves, plowing deep into the ground, barely stopping in time in front of somepony.

He stood panting in front of a too-familiar mare. She had an expression of utter disgust yet relief at the same time.

“Why are you late?” the orange-colored mare asked with a country accent.

“Oh I just, uh well you see Applejack… I had some trouble uh finding my stuff and uh I had to… find them and then I got stuck in the trail here and someone needed my help and oh…” Jeremy lied, so terribly. He stopped as soon as he saw the orange-colored mare change expressions, drastically even.

“Haha! I’m just foolin’ with ya is all!” Applejack adjusted her attitude, “You lie worse than a filly with corn kernels stuck on her mouth! And I of all ponies should know; I’m the Element of Honesty after all!”

“You’re the what?” puzzled Jeremy, surprised that Applejack was fine with him being late.

“Oh, never mind that. Anywho, let’s get to work!” Applejack changed the subject. “The first thing you should do is help re-paint the barn. The darn girl is getting up in her years and we were thinkin’ of a replacement. But until the Apple family racks up enough bits, it will just have to do. Let’s go set up the lift so that-”

“Okay shouldn’t be too hard with my magic!” Jeremy interrupted, not on purpose but to further appease Applejack’s unexpectedly good mood. “I can reach all those stubborn stains, cracks and other flaws in no time, without a lift!”

“In that case then get ‘er done, sugarcube! I reckon I may need to help Big Mac with some applebuckin’ so when you find yourself done with the barn, just hop on over!” Applejack filled with some relief. Who wouldn’t be? She had a volunteer to help lighten the load of chores on the barn.

The rumors that Jeremy heard must have been just what they were, rumors. Nothing more and nothing less. Jeremy focused on the task at hoof.

Time flew fast with just painting the barn, it was actually much more difficult to Jeremy’s expectations.

Dang, that was kind of frustrating… Jeremy was covered from mane to hoof with red paint that dripped from the paintbrush every time he levitated it to the air. I guess I can see why Earth ponies use lifts to do this.

Three hours have already past and he was exhausted. The excess use of his magic tuckered him out quicker than he anticipated and he only had to paint the barn’s west and south side!

When his composure went from intense fatigue to relatively unruffled breathing, that was his cue.

Let’s see where she went… The apple trees flourished in this environment. Each fruit was perfectly ripe and the perfect size as well. Ah well there’s Big Macintosh… The smell of the orchard was comforting and Jeremy welcomed it with much zeal and there she is! Applejack was behind her big brother, hidden by his sheer size. No doubt that is why they call him Big Mac. Jeremy could barely compare to the stallion, as he was the tallest of his family.

As Jeremy approached the two farm ponies, the two kept at their work, oblivious to his presence. He needed to attract their attention somehow. A calm and sensible approach is most appropriate for…

“I’m here and done painting the barn!” a tired, yet satisfied green unicorn announced. Some much for a calm and sensible approach.

“Huh? Oh that’s great! ...” and awkward silence ensued between the three ponies. “Aint it great, Big Mac?” Applejack sounded annoyed.

“Eeeyup,” the great red stallion answered, also using the same annoyed tone. He then returned to the fields, plowing for the new set of crop that is soon to be planted.

Did I say something that offended them… or did they have a fight…? I guess I won’t ask. I shouldn’t interfere with family matters anyway.

“Hoo wee. Well ya probably are mighty tired after that, but it’s not noon just quite yet so just help us kick these apple trees to knock down them apples and we place ‘em in those baskets. Here’s how a pro does it...” the orange pony shifted her weight to her fore hoofs and lifted her hind legs to a perfect angle. She then pushed off with great force and landed successfully onto the tree’s trunk. The seemingly strong tree shook violently and all with it appeared to be little effort by the farm pony, then again, she had been doing it for years. The apples fell straight afterward, rolling nearby the base of the tree.

“Seems simple enough,” Jeremy replied, impressed by the mare’s skills. You would think that being friends for over a year would had given Jeremy the chance to learn how to applebuck, especially since this wasn’t the first time that he helped Applejack, still this was the very first time that he was actually able to see applebucking in action.

For the remaining two hours, Jeremy kicked apple trees, failing every first attempt until his second or third try allowed at least a few apples to fall onto the ground. He thought painting the barn was tough work. Who could had guessed that a job offering would give Jeremy a new friend. He breathed in a deep mouthful of air in relief and gave in to the environment around him once again. The summer breeze rubbed gently across the ground, all the surrounding hills were covered with apple trees, the sweet smell of fresh apple cider filled Jeremy’s nostrils and the sudden silence of the orchard comforted Jeremy. It immersed him. A memory was just around the corner until…

POP!

“Aahhh!” Jeremy almost lost his magical grip on his cider with the sudden outburst. Without looking up, Jeremy rebuttled at the source of the sound, “Pinkie don’t scare me like that!”

“Hahaha! You fell back and you were like ‘Aaaaahhhh’, haha, and you almost lost your cider! Hahaha!” Pinkie, already on the ground, was giggling with utter satisfaction with her new and improved, party popper. As the name implies, it POPS! then a handful of confetti shoots out from its shaft.

“Haha, good one Pinkie!” Applejack’s voice came from behind.

“Oh hey Applejack! It’s been a while since I seen you in a good mood!” Pinkie’s smile was positively gleaming.

“Right well, I uh had a partner help out at the farm for the mornin’. For a beginner, ya did great Jere.”

“Thanks, I just needed a little guidance is all!” Jeremy blushed and it didn’t help by the fact that Pinkie was there to see another pony give him some sort of commendation for his work.

“Anyway, I just wanted to stop by and remind everypony about my party tonight!” Pinkie said with glee.

“I wouldn’t miss it for the world! I was actually going to get some cake for it after I helped AJ.”

“Oh don’t worry about that silly! I practically live in Sugarcube Corner, actually I do live in it! But the point is I will bring the cake, and lots of it! It will have frosting, layers, marshmallows, and frosting!”

“Pinkie you already said frostin’!” with a smile on her face, Applejack playfully scolded Pinkie.

“Well DUH! What kind of cake would it be without FROSTING!?” Pinkie appeared to be very enthusiastic and really wanted to emphasize that frosting was everything about a cake.

Jeremy came back into the conversation, “Well okay then with that settled, I actually got to get going. Rarity is expecting me and I don’t want her to wait too long.”

“All right sugarcube, just holler whenever ya feel up for another day’s work! Bye Pinkie, and I hope y’all see me at the party tonight,” the orange male returned to the field of apple trees.

“Bye bye AJ! Now it’s my turn! See ya Jere!” the pink pony hopped and skipped the same way that she did in Jeremy’s memory back into the town. That nickname sure is universal.

“See ya!” Jeremy waved good-bye.

“Sigh…” the green pony was kind of sad with Pinkie’s departure but hey, he cheered himself up since he was going to see her again in a few hours. He packed his cider into his sack, and followed the same path to Ponyville, with an appointment with a self-proclaimed fashionista throughout all of Equestria.

Right before he descended however, Jeremy could had sworn that he heard sobbing from the farm. He convinced himself that it must have been from his own imagination or obscure memory from his past…

Author's Note:

Then a month has passed! Haha :raritywink: That being said, I plan on updating every story I write within a month's time (and hopefully when I get a better schedule, within a week). Yes, EVERY story, so expect a new story soon! :ajsmug: Anyway, hope y'all enjoyed this chapter and I appreciate any sort of feedback, whether that may be negative or positive so yeah. Also, I realize that this does have a comedy aspect to it - don't worry about it. This is called the GOOD ending for a reason, as the other endings will have little to no room for any sort of comedic relief. So that does mean that the other endings will have uh worse outcomes...

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment