• Published 23rd May 2012
  • 1,765 Views, 15 Comments

A Day With The Wonderbolts - Jeseille-Hazim



What happens when Rainbow Dash gets tickets for her first Wonderbolts show and ends up bumping into a familiar figure?

  • ...
1
 15
 1,765

A Day With The Wonderbolts

Today was going to be an awesome day for Rainbow Dash. She had recently won tickets to go to the Wonderbolts show this afternoon. She was going to with her parents and Fluttershy since she had four tickets and wanted Fluttershy to go with her. Fluttershy had gladly accepted Rainbow Dash’s invite to go with her. Fluttershy may have been shy, but she was still a fan of the Wonderbolts as most pegasi in Cloudsdale were.

Rainbow Dash was a cyan-colored filly with a rainbow-colored mane. While, Fluttershy was a yellow-colored filly with a pink-color mane. They may have been both fillies, but Fluttershy was older than Rainbow Dash and taller. They met in flight school when Rainbow Dash defended Fluttershy some school bullies.

“Come on, mom and dad, hurry up!” Rainbow Dash said as she and Fluttershy ran towards the Wonderbolts stadium where their shows were usually held.

“We’re coming!” Both of Rainbow Dash’s parents said at the same time, while trying to catch up to Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy.

When they all got to the gates of the stadium, there was a ticket attendant. The ticket attendant was a pink-colored mare with a green mane. From the way she was smiling, she seemed like a nice mare unlike most ticket attendants.

“May I see your tickets?” she asked kindly.

Rainbow Dash’s parents showed her all four tickets and she took them into her hoof to make sure they were valid. “All right, you’re all good. Go right inside.” she said as she gave them back their tickets with that kind smile still on her face.

Rainbow Dash’s parents took back the tickets and told the two fillies to follow them to their seats.
Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy both nodded and started following the parents. After about thirty seconds, they found their seats and sat down.

“Isn’t this awesome, Fluttershy?” Rainbow Dash said with excitement obviously in her voice.

“Um... It sure is, Rainbow Dash.” Fluttershy said with somewhat excitement in her voice.

After about five minutes of waiting for every pegasi in the stadium to find their seats, the show was starting. From the cloud the announcer was standing on, he announced the Wonderbolts arrival.

“Fillies and Gentlecolts, here are the Wonderbolts!”

From below, the Wonderbolts came up showing off themselves. The crowd cheered loudly as they came up.

Rainbow Dash was watching the Wonderbolts perform tricks with amazement in her rose-colored eyes. Rainbow Dash may have been a Wonderbolts fan for some time now, but this was her first Wonderbolts show and she couldn’t contain her excitement as she cheered the loudest she could.

While Fluttershy was sitting next to her watching the Wonderbolts perform tricks with happiness in her teal-colored eyes. Fluttershy wasn’t really that good of a flyer, but she was still enjoying the show and hoping she could fly like this someday. Deciding to do the same thing as Rainbow Dash, she cheered as loud as her soft voice could.

The Wonderbolts ended off the show with fireworks going off with the Wonderbolts following them and then diving back down and landing perfectly on the clouds. The crowd cheered one final time as the Wonderbolts ended off their show and disappeared from where they first came from.

The announcer showed up again and said, “ I hope you enjoyed that show, fillies and gentlecolts, have a nice day!”

Rainbow Dash’s parents got up from their seats and told Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy to follow them. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy got up from their seats and followed their parents. They exited the stadium and started to walk back home.

“Wasn’t that awesome, Fluttershy?” Rainbow Dash said as she felt great after her first Wonderbolts show.

“Yeah, um... that was really awesome, Rainbow Dash.” Fluttershy said as she felt the same way Rainbow Dash felt.

“I hope we can-OOF!”

Rainbow Dash looked up and saw none other then Soarin’ the Wonderbolt. Soarin’ was a light blue-colored stallion with a darker blue-colored mane.

“Oh sorry, I didn’t see you there, are you alright?” Soarin’ said feeling bad for what he did.

Rainbow Dash was at a loss for words. There was a Wonderbolt standing right there in front of her. She tried her best to say something to respond to him. “I-I’m o-okay.” She said with a hint of nervousness in her voice.

“That’s good. Hey, I saw you in the crowd while I was performing. You seemed to be very excited to be watching us.” Soarin’ said.

“Well, this was my first Wonderbolts show after all so sorry about that.” Rainbow Dash said.
“Hey, no worries, everypony’s always excited for their first Wonderbolts show, so you aren’t the only one.” Soarin’ said.

“Also, I never got your name, what is it?” Soarin’ asked.

“My name’s Rainbow Dash and that’s Fluttershy.” Rainbow Dash said as pointed to Fluttershy who was next to her.

“Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, huh? Cool names.” Soarin’ said with calmness in his voice.

“Hey, Rainbow Dash, since you enjoyed your first show so much, how about me and the other Wonderbolts teach you some tricks?” Soarin’ asked.

Rainbow Dash couldn’t contain her excitement and ended up squealing.

“I take it that’s a yes?” Soarin’ said chuckling at Rainbow Dash’s excitement.

“Definitely.” Rainbow Dash said, calming down.

“Okay, awesome. Hey, Fluttershy, wanna come with?” Soarin’ asked.

“Um... No thanks, I need to get home to my parents. They’re expecting me to be home soon.” Fluttershy said.

“Aw, alright. Parents matter more anyway than just learning tricks.” Soarin’ said.

Rainbow Dash’s parents approached the group and decided that Rainbow Dash should go with Soarin’. “Have her home by 8 PM.” Rainbow Dash’s dad said. Soarin’ nodded and said, “Don’t worry, sir, I’ll be sure to have her home by that time.”

Rainbow Dash’s parents left with Fluttershy to take her home. After everybody left the stadium, Rainbow Dash and Soarin’ went back inside and went to the door that led down to where they came out of. Soarin’ opened the door and allowed Rainbow Dash to go in first as he closed the door behind him.

Soarin’ went ahead of her and told her to get on his back as he leaned down for her to get on. Rainbow Dash did as he told her to do and got on his back. Once she was on his back, Soarin’ started going down the stairs with Rainbow Dash holding on to him.

Once they were at the bottom of the stairs, the first thing Rainbow Dash saw were the two other Wonderbolts. One of them was Spitfire, the captain of the Wonderbolts. Spitfire was an yellow-orange-colored mare with a mane that was a mix of yellow and orange.

The other Wonderbolt was Misty, a regular member of the Wonderbolts. Misty was a white-colored mare with a electric-blue-colored mane. She was there playing cards with Spitfire and apparently losing. Wow, she can can beat Spitfire at cards? Don’t want to make any bets against her.

Rainbow Dash got off Soarin’s back and shuffled nervously, this was her first time in a room with the Wonderbolts.

“Spitfire and Misty, this is Rainbow Dash, we’re going to be teaching her some tricks.” Soarin’ said introducing her since he could tell how nervous she was. Spitfire and Misty stopped playing their cards and got up to meet her. Once they got there, they leaned down to be eye level with Rainbow Dash.

“Hi there!” Spitfire said, shaking Rainbow Dash’s hoof.

“Nice to meet you.” Misty said, also shaking Rainbow Dash’s hoof.

“Okay, so, now that we’ve met everybody, let’s go outside.” Soarin’ said.

Rainbow Dash got on Soarin’s back again and he spread his wings, careful not to hit Rainbow Dash. He started to fly up like he did during the show with Spitfire and Misty following him. Once they got there, they landed on the clouds and folded their wings.

Rainbow Dash got off Soarin’s back and landed on the cloud surface. “So, what now?” Rainbow Dash asked wondering what kind of tricks they were going to teach her.

“Okay, Rainbow Dash, what kind of tricks do you already know?” Spitfire asked.

“Well, all I know right now is the Filly Flash and the Sonic Rainboom.” Rainbow Dash said.

“THE SONIC RAINBOOM?!” Spitfire and Misty exclaimed.

“You’re better than I thought you would be, Rainbow Dash.” Soarin chuckled.

“Heh, thanks.” Rainbow Dash said while blushing.

“Okay, how about we each teach you one of our moves, Rainbow Dash?” Spitfire asked.

“Sure, sounds good enough.” Rainbow Dash said, agreeing with Spitfire.

“Okay, so first go to Misty, then Soarin’, then me, got it?” Spitfire asked.

“Okay.” Rainbow Dash nodded.


Rainbow Dash went to Misty like Spitfire said.

“Okay, Rainbow Dash, what I’m gonna teach you is the Electric Charge.” Misty said.

Misty brought a lightning cloud over and began demonstrating. “What you have to do is go through the lightning cloud as fast as you can and then you’ll have electricity surrounding your body, it only lasts like twenty seconds though but it’s still awesome. Don’t worry, it’s completely safe.” Misty explained by showing how it works.

“Okay, I’ll try it.” Rainbow Dash said.

Rainbow Dash spread her wings and flew as fast as she could through the lightning cloud and surprisingly ended up doing the trick on her first try. She flew around with the electric charge surrounding her body. After about twenty seconds like Misty said, the electric charge went away.

“See, that wasn’t so hard, was it?” Misty asked.

“Yeah, that was pretty awesome.” Rainbow Dash said.

“Okay, go over to Soarin’ now.” Misty said.


Rainbow Dash went to Soarin’ like Misty said.

“Okay, Rainbow Dash, what I’m gonna teach you is the Blue Bolt.” Soarin’ said.

Soarin’ brought a lightning cloud over and began demonstrating. “Now, this is only a trick that us blue ponies can learn. What you have to do is go through the lightning cloud as fast as you can and just go straight down. From there, you look like a blue lightning bolt shooting down from the sky and it doesn’t hurt when you touch the ground.” Soarin’ explained showing how it works.

“Okay, I’ll try it.” Rainbow Dash said.

Rainbow Dash spread her wings and flew as fast as she could through the lightning cloud and kept diving down towards the ground. She ended up looking like a blue lightning bolt shooting towards the ground. When she hit the ground, it didn’t hurt like Soarin’ said.

“Wasn’t that fun?” Soarin’ asked.

“Yeah, that was really fun.” Rainbow Dash said.

“Okay, go over to Spitfire now.” Soarin’ said.


Rainbow Dash went over to Spitfire like Soarin’ said.

“Well, Rainbow Dash, it’s time for your final trick of the day.” Spitfire said.

Rainbow dash just nodded to respond.

“Okay, Rainbow Dash, what I’m gonna teach you is the Hot Bolt.” Spitfire said.

Spitfire brought a lightning cloud over and began demonstrating. “Now, it may sound dangerous, but it really isn’t. What you have to do is go through the lightning cloud as fast as you can and get hit by a lightning bolt. You have to fly really fast to put it out. From there, your fur ends up glowing in the sunlight.” Spitfire explained showing how it works.

“Okay, I’ll try it.” Rainbow Dash said.

Rainbow Dash spread her wings and flew as fast as she could through the lightning cloud and got hit by a lightning bolt. She flew really fast to put it out and it ended up working. The sunlight then made her fur glow a beautiful display.

“Wow, you did a great job with all those tricks Rainbow Dash.” Spitfire said.

“Thanks!” Rainbow Dash said.


The Wonderbolts regrouped and decided that was it.

“Okay, Rainbow Dash, you can go home now. Your parents are expecting you to be home soon.” Spitfire said.

“Bye, Rainbow Dash!” Misty said.

“Bye!” Rainbow Dash said.

Soarin’ leaned down to allow Rainbow Dash to get on his back. Rainbow Dash got on his back and held on tight. Soarin’ stood up and spread his wings.

“Ready to go, kiddo?” Soarin’ asked.

“Yep.” Rainbow Dash said.

Soarin’ started to fly towards Rainbow Dash’s home. After a while of flying, he spotted the neighborhood Rainbow Dash lived in. He landed near the neighborhood of houses.

“Which one’s your house?” Soarin’ asked.

“That one.” Rainbow Dash said, pointing at her house.

Soarin’ approached the door to Rainbow Dash’s house and knocked on it. Several seconds later, the door opened with Rainbow Dash’s dad standing there. He looked around Soarin’ to see Rainbow Dash sitting on his back.

“Thank you for bringing my daughter back.” Rainbow Dash’s dad said.

“It was no problem at all, sir.” Soarin’ said.

Rainbow Dash hopped off Soarin’s back and landed on the cloud surface. She walked to the door of her house. She turned to Soarin’ and looked at him.

Soarin’ leaned down to Rainbow Dash’s eye level. “I hope we see each other again someday, Rainbow Dash. That was a really fun time with you.” Soarin’ said.

Soarin’ gave Rainbow Dash a hug before he left and took off.

“So, I take it you had fun?” Rainbow Dash’s dad asked.

“Yeah, dad. I hope I see him again someday.” Rainbow Dash said.

“Well, anything’s possible.” Rainbow Dash’s dad said.

Rainbow Dash’s dad closed the door and locked it. Rainbow Dash decided to tell Fluttershy what happened with the Wonderbolts tomorrow at flight school. Right now, she was tired from performing those tricks. She decided to turn in early for the night and went straight to bed.

Comments ( 15 )

I don't mean to be a downer but, how did RD master the tricks perfectly the first time around?

In front of her idols no less? And still in flight camp.

In 'The Sonic Rainboom' episode she had a hard time doing some tricks in front of The Wonderbolts.

635798 Well, in my story Soarin' says bye to her and says he hopes to see her again someday. I tried to make it seem like that was the reason she was nervous in the episode, since she hadn't seen them in a while and was excited to see them again. Plus, she had Celestia and other ponies too, not just the Wonderbolts.

BECAUSE R.D is just that epic good job like the storyline R.D for the WIN :rainbowdetermined2:

good story! just like the one where derpy and rainbow met =) keep it up

yoooour welcome =)

I seriously wish real live shows worked like that. Random fans get to go hang out with the performers. When Nitro Circus Live comes to California and I see them,, I will be disappointed slightly, because of this story

849018 I wouldn't really know the feeling because I haven't really been to any live shows from what I can remember.

Will you be able to add a few more chapters PLEASE...PLEASE...PLEASE if you can or can't can you let me know and I love this story:pinkiehappy:

4138750 Well, this was meant to be a one shot so I don't really know if I should add more chapters. What do you want the chapters to be about?

Comment posted by rainbowdash4012 deleted Mar 31st, 2014

Well I really don't what the next chapter should be about:facehoof:but if you want you can keep the story the same:twilightsheepish:or I can think of some ideas::raritywink:if you want:twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment