• Published 13th Sep 2015
  • 2,002 Views, 10 Comments

An Unexpected Connection - fluttercord4ever



After the fashion show Applejack is now going to the dinner that Prince Blueblood planned for them.

  • ...
5
 10
 2,002

Dinner Date

It was 6:00 at night when Applejack and Rarity exit the fashion show. Rarity had the most biggest smile that Applejack ever saw Rarity make.

"Oh you did such a wonderful job, darling. We even got first place! I swear if there is anything you want I'll-Applejack is everything ok?"

Rarity was the look of worry in her friend's eyes, as if she need to go somewhere and fast. Applejack turn to Rarity and said in a little fast pitch then usual.

"Oh sorry Rarity, I uh have to go somewhere. Go on the train to Ponyville without me, I'll go to the next train."

Without another word Applejack started to run straight to the middle of the large city. Leaving Rarity standing there with a confuse look on her face.

"Ok, but wait Applejack where are you going?! You are still in your dress?!"

Rarity screamed hoping that Applejack will answer her, but she was already gone. Rarity shook her head and put her hoof to her face.

"Ahh, what is up with that mare? I thought she would be glad to get that dress off?"

Rarity then gasp and her eyes sparkle.

"Oh could it be.... Could it be that Applejack.....Applejack likes.... fashion now? Oh this is great! I am going to my boutique and make Applejack and I matching dresses!"

With that Rarity ran to the train.


Applejack was running down the long empty street of Canterlot.

"Oh I wish Prince Blueblood told me where the place he was taking me. There has to by a hundred places to go to dinner."

Applejack wasn't paying attention when she crashed into somepony. The impacted made both of ponies fall to the ground.

"Oh I am sorry. I didn't see you there. I was in a rush to find somepony."

Applejack had in you fashionista voice. The pony chuckled and said.

"It is ok Applejack. It's only me."

Applejack's eyes widen when she heard the voice.

"P-Prince Blueblood."

Applejack said in her normal voice and looked up at the stallion before her. Prince Blueblood chuckled at the mares reaction. Prince Blueblood got up to his hooves. He hold his hoof in front of Applejack, which she took nervously. There where so many question swirling in her head.

"Um Prince Blueblood, I have a question."

Applejack said. Prince Blueblood turned to Applejack and smiled.

"Why don't you tell me when we get to the diner?"

"But what if anypony hears what we are talking about? I mean-"

Prince Blueblood put his hoof in Applejack's mouth and smiled warmly.

"It'll be ok. Trust me."

Applejack sigh and continue to walked beside Prince Blueblood. It wasn't long until they came upon a beautiful building. Applejack looked at the name of the restaurant in confusion. It was in a language that she wasn't familiar to her.

"R-Ros-le-in Mad-ch-en"

Prince Blueblood chucked under his breathe and said.

"The name in Germane, Röslein Mädchen. It means 'Little Rose Maiden'."

Applejack looked up in surprised that he know how to say the language.

"I guess he comes here a lot since he know how to say this in Germane"

"Oh Applejack before we go in, I am going to be acting when we go in there. So please don't be hurt if I say somethings that upset you. "

Applejack nodded in understanding and walking behind Prince Blueblood as they walked in. Prince Blueblood ringed the bell that was on the front desk. A few minutes later a pegasus stallion walked in clearly having a bad night.

"Hello my name is Shining Wings. How many ponies are here."

Shining Wings said not looking at Prince Blueblood that was in front of him with an angry look.

"Well excuse me, I didn't come here to bring my date to a stallion like you. If you are going to act like that then I guess we are leaving. Come on Applejewel."

Prince Blueblood said in his 'normal' voice.

"Oh, um coming."

Applejack said in her fashionista tone and went to follow him.

"At least he said that name and not my real name."

Shining Wings eyes widen when he saw that stallion that was leaving . In a panic he ran up to Prince Blueblood.

"Prince Blueblood, I am so sorry. I-I didn't see you there. Please stay and I'll give you a discount for the food. Wait no how about I make it free and a private room just for you and your date?"

The stallion begged on his knees, hoping the Prince Blueblood would change his mind. Meanwhile Applejack was trying her best not to have her mouth drop open.

"They are willing to give us a free meal and a private room just like that!"

Prince Blueblood turn to the stallion and said.

"Very well then. Lead us to it."

The stallion got up to his hooves and lead them through the restaurant.

"Hey isn't that Prince Blueblood?"

"Oh my it is him."

"He is so hoofsome!"

"Who is the mare with him?"

"She is so beautiful."

"They make a wonderful couple."

"Oh do I hear wedding bells?"

Applejack couldn't help but blush from all the ponies that were talking about her. They then came to a door that was in the very back of the restaurant. Shining Wings bowed to Prince Blueblood and Applejack as he opened the door.

"Here is your room Prince Blueblood and Miss. Applejewel. I'll be back to take your order."

Prince Blueblood nodded and walked in with Applejack. It was a private balcony and beyond the small wall, there was a fountain. Applejack was in awed of the scenery and how well it went with Princess Luna's night. Shining Wings looked at them one last time and close the door. Prince Blueblood looked around and smiled.

"So Applejack, you said you have a question for me."

He said as he pulled a chair for Applejack to sit in. Applejack nodded and sat in her chair.

"Yes, actually. I have a few."

Prince Blueblood's smile grew a little bit bigger.

"Good because I have a few things I want to ask you as well."

Applejack nodded.

"So do you want to go first or have me go first?"

Applejack said looking at Prince Blueblood as he walked to his chair and sat down.

"Why don't you go first, meine liebling? You are the one who wanted to ask me first."

Applejack look at him with a confused looked at him.

"What in tarnation does those words he said mean? Never mind about that now just tell him the most important question.

Applejack took a deep breathe and looked Prince Blueblood in the eyes as she said her question.

"How did you know my name was Applejack? I mean I said Applejewel, not my real name."

Prince Blueblood smile.

"I knew it you, Applejack because....of your eyes."

Applejack was a little taking back by this.

My eyes? What does that have to do with my name?

As if Prince Blueblood read her mind he continue to speak.

"Remember at The Gala when Miss. Rarity and I went to your stand to get something to eat?"

"Yes, I remembered you bad mouthing my-"

Prince Blueblood cut Applejack off by saying with pity in his voice.

"Yes that. I am sorry for the things I said back then. Your food was very delicious. Ever since The Gala I wanted to apologize for the things I said. I remembered Miss. Rarity calling you Applejack and I also remembered your eyes. So sweet Aunt Celestia I couldn't forget your eyes. I looked every where for you just to say 'I am sorry'. As I thought I was giving up there you were on the train. I was going to say 'I am sorry' right then and there, but you said your name was 'Applejewel'. I knew you were lying about your name because I lie about my name too. So I figured I'll play along for a while, then when I thought the time was right I said your name."

Applejack didn't know what to say. She never had a stallion go such length to just to apologize to her. Applejack then smiled.

"Thank you Prince Blueblood. Apologize accept-"

Applejack cut herself off when she remembered something Prince Blueblood.

"Prince Blueblood, what do you mean when you said that 'I lie about my name too'?"

Prince Blueblood smacked his hoof to his forehead. There was silent for a few seconds when Prince Blueblood said.

"Applejack there is something I am going to tell you and you can't tell ANYPONY about this."

Applejack nodded and continued to listen to him.

"My name isn't Prince Blueblood. My REAL name is Beschützer Stern."

"Bes-chu-t-zer St-er-n?"

Applejack tried to say the foreign language.

"My name means Protector Star. It is Germane. I was born in Germane, that is why I know how to speak it."

"If that is your real name then why don't you use it?"

There is fear in his eyes but his continue to talk.

"Germane ponies to anypony else are consider mad evil ponies. Some ponies from Equestia came and attack my hometown. They hated all of us, so they killed all the ponies I cared about. They killed my parents and sister in front of me. I was only 7 years old. They were about to get me too when Princess Celestia came and saw what the ponies where doing. She was very mad. The end us using her magic to knock out and erase all the ponies memories who attacked my home. She said that she was a friend of my father and she is going to take me in as part of her family. That is how I have became Aunt Celestia's nephew. As for how I got my name, Prince Blueblood. One of Celestia guards that was with her from the attack. He wasn't too happy having a Germane pony in the castle so he called my Prince Blueblood. He end up spreading that name all around Canterlot. Aunt Celestia wasn't too happy about it is firing that guard. So now every pony called me, Prince Blueblood and since I had to acted like a Canterlot pony. I guessed it was a good name for my acting self. Since I act so coldly to all of those ponies. "

Applejack didn't know what to say. She was still trying to gather all of her thoughts for what Prince Beschützer Stern just said to her. He looked at Applejack with a worry look.

"Applejack, are you ok? I know this is a hard pill to swallow but-"

Just then Shining Wings come back with a note pad under his wing. He walked to the table with a fake smile on his face.

"My I take your order, Prince Blueblood and Miss. Applejewel."

"Shot. We were too busy talking that we didn't when look at our menus."

Applejack said to herself. She was about to say something when 'Prince Blueblood' spoke.

"Ah yes, can we please have fruit salad and your finest wine."

Shining Winga wrote the order and walked out without saying a word. Applejack looked at Beschützer Stern and he smiled.

"I come here a lot, mostly because those Canterlot mare that want to have a dinner date with me. It is ashamed that I can't act like myself around them. Now Applejack, I have a question for you. Oh an another thing when there is nopony around call me 'Star'. That is what Aunt Celestia calls me."

"Ok Star, what do you want to know?"

Applejack said looking at Star, waiting for him to ask the question. He took a deep breath.

"You said the your parents died when you were young. Is it ok if you tell me what happened? You don't have to if you don't want too."

Applejack's eyes went sad and signed.

"He told me about his pass, might of well tell him my pass."

"You'll be the first pony to know beside my family that know what happen to my Ma and Pa. The only pony that doesn't know how Ma and Pa died in my family is my little sister, Apple bloom. We believe she is too young to know how ma and pa died. It was noon and my Ma, Pa, my big brother Big Macintosh, and I were walking for a picnic. We were laughing and talking, having a good time. Pa put his hat on my head saying when I am a young mare that he'll give me his hat. I was so happy, I always loved Pa's hat. But then...We were walking on the bridge and the bridge snaps. Pa threw me to safety of the edge of the cliff. My brother was there to help me up, but not before I saw my parents fall to the river below. I can still here there streams even now."

Applejack shivered for a few seconds.

"I still have Pa's hat. I always want it near by me at all times. I just- I just-"

Applejack felt tears falling from her eyes. She then felt Star's hoof touch her hoof for comfort.

"It would since we have a connection that nopony will understand. We both saw our parents dead in front of us and been affected by it someway. Applejack if you need a pony that is not your family, I'll be there to help you."

Applejack smiled and whipped the tears from her eyes.

"Thank you, Star that means a lot."

Star smiled and kissed Applejack's hoof.

"Any time meine liebling"

"There is those words again. What do those words mean?"

Just then Shining Wings can back with the food and wine.


"Goodnight Prince Blueblood. Please come back anytime."

Shining Wings said waving has hoof as Applejack and Star leave the building.

"Did you enjoy our dinner date, Applejack?"

Star said when they were a good distance away from the restaurant. Applejack looked up at him and smiled

"Yeah, I guess I had a good time. It was nice to get to now you Star."

"As to you Applejack."

Once they got to the train station the last train to Ponyville was about to leave.

"Hey Applejack, would you like to hang out someday in the future?"

Applejack got on the train but stand by the open door of the train.

"Yeah that would be nice. Oh and Star, what does does 'meine liebling' mean? "

Star chuckled a bit and look into Applejack's green eyes.

"It means 'My darling or my love'."

Then Star kissed Applejack's cheek. Applejack blushed and her eyes widen.

"Wait hold on a-"

Just then the trains doors closed. Applejack was banging on the door.

"Star! What do you mean by that!? And what was that kiss on the cheek about!?"

Applejack called out but for voice was muffled by the train whistle. The train started moved and Applejack saw Star waving to her goodbye. Applejack sign and waved back.

"I guess I'll tell him when I see him again...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
After I hit in the face."

Author's Note:

Hey everypony I hoped you like the story. Also I am thinking on expending the relationship between Beschützer Stern (Protector Star or Star) and Applejack. Also to explore his character more. I have a lot of short stories ideas that I have in my head that I would like to put up of these two characters.

What do you ponies think?
Also the reason why I put romance in the first story and in this one is because you can see that something is there but it is not strong.

Comments ( 9 )

"He is so hoofsome!"

tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=JN.NQJaWwTwp3PMHzi2h0lomw&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0
*Bitchslap*
Your pun is bad and you should feel bad!

6425661 well I couldn't say handsome

6425787 other then that what do you think.

6425736 Actually, the word 'handsome' was used in the episode 'Putting Your Hoof Down' and in the song 'Love is in Bloom'.

I would like to read more about Prince Blueblood and Applejack. BTW, what does Applejack want to hit in the face?

6464097 Because it was the second time he kissed her and she doesn't know why.

I love this story and its predecessor.

Please continue this series, will you?

Also, what does this quote from the end of this story mean, exactly?

"I guess I'll tell him when I see him again...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
After I hit in the face."

Well this was a pretty interesting story and I would say yeah Applejack went on a dinner date with Prince Blueblood and they had a very friendly chat and everything he even told her about his past why he acts like that but I guess that makes sense but still he should not do that just for the sake of it but whatever and I would say yeah that's was actually really sweet I would like to see something like that in the future but anyway keep up the good work

Login or register to comment