• ...
80
 663
 10,421

Wrapping Up Some Loose Ends

The Bounty Catching, Freedom Dreaming, Winged Wolf Phenomenon

Chapter 11

~{WWP}~

I’ll spare you all a lot of boring exposition stuff that I could start off with at this point and skip to the ‘in closing’ section.

HOSPITALS SUCK!

There is nothing interesting about hospitals in the least bit. The sterile atmosphere stops any interesting scents, the walls are all painted the same whitewashed dull color, and even with Gustave supplying the staff with food for me they still manage to butcher it. I mean goddess damn I can even eat the meat raw but they still insist on fucking up my meals. I swear Spitfire told them to make my stay here as boring as possible.

Ok, so I lied about none of the expositiony stuff. My bad.

Speaking of the Wonderbolt captain, after the hospital staff gave me my first of many lack luster meals, the fiery mare decided to pop in and visit. Accompanying her was Soarin and none other than Fleetfoot. The latter seemed to be about ready to stab me with a scalpel, while the former had the look about him that he was going to flee the scene of a crime. Poor bugger must be afraid of hospitals.

While the group of three Wonderbolts looked at me with faces that actively showed their confusion, I decided to get the ball rolling already. I had more important things to do like plot out a murder.

“So to what do I owe the pleasure of three prestigious Wonderbolts visiting a lowly old bounty hunter like myself?” I asked with a smug look on my face. As if I didn’t know what they were here for.

Spitfire took a moment to pick out her words before broaching the subject. “Right now is a professional visit Zeta, so if you could avoid the jokes it would be appreciated. The faster you answer our questions, the faster we can get out of your coat and let you rest.”

Ok, out of everything that I was expecting, it was not that. “Fine, you guys are no fun. So what’s the business we have to take care of?” I huffed out. The one source of entertainment I’d probably get all day, and they have to ruin it. Dicks.

Spitfire reached into her saddlebag and pulled out some paperwork. “Ok, pretty much I’m going to need you to fill out these forms so you can claim the bounty while we question you ok?” she answered while placing the papers on my hospital table. “First off with the questions is, how many did you get alive?”

“None that I know of,” was my curt reply. I wanted to play as dumb as possible, so I could get more information about Azragni’s location.

Fleetfoot scoffed at my answer, like a bitch I might add, before retorting back. “Well you would’ve killed them all if that Beta a couple rooms over didn’t kick your ass from here to Trottingham and back.” What did I say, like a bitch. “I would’ve mopped the floor with a …”

“ENOUGH!” Spitfire yelled at Fleetfoot. I guess she was still in some pretty deep shit for all her derogatory comments towards me earlier. With a leer that could shatter anyone’s resolve from her C.O. Fleetfoot shut up.

Now if I played the part of ignorant fool right, I could get more information out of the Wonderbolts before they figure out any ill attempt. “Wait so that cock-sucking piece of shit is still alive? I thought I ripped out that prick’s throat.” But of course my mouth had to run like it was full of a bunch of Kenyans being chased by cheetahs.

All three of them give me such a ‘are you fucking kidding us’ look that I couldn’t stop myself from laughing. Course then Soarin and Spitfire just looked at me like I got hit a little harder than they thought I did, but Fleetfoot just started glaring at me instead. I guess loathing is better than thinking I was mentally insane.

Spitfire just shook her head clear of whatever thoughts were clouding it after that little outbreak. “Anyway, yes he is still alive, so you’ll get another thousand on top of everything else. The bodies that the Royal Guard recovered numbered to about thirty-one. Can you confirm this number?”

I placed a paw to my chin and thought it out. After running over each kill in my head, I replied “Add about three more and you have it right on. I sorta went a little overkill with three of them in the grave room.” I shuddered at the thought of all of those kids bodies piled over the room. At least I gave them a proper burial.

Spitfire was about to say something but Sorian put his hoof on her shoulder and shook his head. He must have realized that it was slightly traumatic for me in that room, because he had this knowing look about him. I really needed to have a beer with that stallion.

“Ok then Zeta. So that’s two hundred and fifty, multiplied by thirty-four. That gives you a whopping eighty-five hundred bits. Plus the thousand for catching the Beta alive leaves you with a grand total of ninety-five hundred bits. Sound fair?” Soarin spat out the math real quick. It took me a good minute to double check his math before I gave him a quick nod.

“Thank god you are good with numbers Soarin. I’d be stuck here for another week trying to figure that all out without a calculator,” Spitfire joked. Then her mood changed yet again to one of a business mare. I swear they must have like a switch with how quick their moods can shift.

“The last thing we need to know Zeta, is did the Beta say anything to you about the escaped slaves or diamond dogs?”

“Yes, yes he did. And I am so glad you asked because now I don’t have to give a shit about it anymore,” I exclaimed almost too happy to get his threat off my chest. If I told the guards and the Wonderbolts, than I wouldn’t have to deal with any consequences that happen.

I spent the next hour explaining everything that Azragni told me and answering all the other pointless questions that came with it. Seriously though, I had about as much information as they did by after the first fifteen minutes, so all that really happened was speculation between both groups. Eventually I just got frustrated by the whole thing and let out a low growl to inform them that their time was up.

Fleetfoot jumped a good foot into the air when I did. Spitfire and Soarin just shut up and looked at me for a moment before they caught my hint.

“Thanks for all the help Zeta. We’ll get out of your coat now,” Spitfire declared, taking the now complete paperwork off my table. “I may stop by for a non-professional visit later in the week, but first I have to make sure you get paid.” And with a wink she was off, followed closely by the other two.

Within moments of them leaving the monotony returned, so I tried to distract myself with thoughts of what kind of house I could buy. I figured a nice three bedroom, one and a half bathroom house with a full kitchen, dining room and living room would suffice my plans. And of course I would need a shed in the back yard. OH and I almost forgot the most important part of any home; the man-cave in the basement.

What? Those are a necessity in this day and age.

My day wore on with the same boring shit. A little after another horrendous meal, another visitor showed up. When I heard the knock on the door, I was all excited to finally have something to do besides count the ceiling tiles (there were 48 if you were wondering) but that feeling quickly vanished as the doorknob was enveloped in a blue aura.

“Fuckberries,” was all I could mumble out before the one, the only, DJ PON-3 came trotting into my room. She didn’t look so hot either. Dark bags were underneath her eyes, and her cheeks were stained with what was left over from tears. Her signature shades were pushed up on her forehead, revealing her eyes. Don’t ask me what color they were, because I do NOT feel like getting into that argument. I’ll just let all the fans keep attacking each other about it.

Vinyl lifted her head and stared at me for a bit, the whites of her eyes bloodshot and puffy from crying. It took her a moment before she found her words but once she did, they were just as downtrodden as her appearance. “The Royal Guard didn’t find Octavia, and I was just wondering if you saw her?” she whimpered out. “The Guards mentioned rooms of dead bodies and mentioned she could’ve been in…”

The poor mare in front of me couldn’t even finish her own sentence. I could tell when someone was trying to be strong in front of others, since I’ve done it more times than I could count, and Vinyl was barely holding it in. I let out a long sigh before I answer her. “Yes I did see her in those mines. She was one of the fifty or so slaves that the fleeing diamond dogs took with them towards Gem Fido.”

Vinyl’s reaction was a mixture between depression and joy, if such a thing can exist. Ah, who am I kidding, I know it can exist because it was right in front of me. The joy on Vinyl’s face when I told her I had seen Tavi alive was amazing, almost like how I would smile when I was holding… pretend I never said anything there. But the depression when the DJ realized her friend was still missing and enslaved was just as evident.

“What will you do now?” was all I could ask her.

“Me? I’m going to be heading to Gem Fido to save my friend if I can. Until either Tavi is returned to me or I found out she isn’t with us anymore, I’m not going to stop.” Her resolve on this issue was astounding. As the mare turned to leave, she stopped once she was halfway through the doorway before turning to face me again. “Zeta, I hope that you sort out whatever problems you have and you find some peace. But DO NOT expect me to forget what you did. I leave neither friend nor enemy, but I can’t say the same if Tavi isn’t returned to me alive.”

I was left with a bemused expression as the door closed behind her. Even if she did partially threaten me if Tavi wasn’t safe later down the road, I took it with a grain of salt. There’s not much that Vinyl could do to me, so where is the danger of having her enslaved. Not like a god is going to send someone in with the sole purpose of killing me right?

The rest of the day was spent groaning in sheer boredom and running over facts in my head about killing Azragni. From what was let slipped in front of me, he was in critical condition, which makes sense since I almost ripped his throat out, and he was a couple door down from where I was at. Now I’ve been in a few ICU’s in my life (longer story than this one) and I knew for a fact that they had round the clock nurses on shift in case of an emergency. That put a huge damper in my plans, since I didn’t want anyone to KNOW I was the one to end that son of a bitch.

That meant I either had to kill whoever was on duty, which wouldn’t make it that inconspicuous of me, be EXTREMELY stealthy, which due to my injuries would be pretty tough, or just wait for some big event to distract everyone. All three of those possibilities were highly unlikely. I just slipped off into a deep sleep. No dreams or visions of horror bothered me this time.

The following morning was just as boring as the last with just as horrible food, if not worse tasting. I had no idea how you could make the crap I had yesterday taste any worse, but the ponies in the kitchen were determined. Fucking dicks. I thought ponies were supposed to be tolerant of other creatures, yet I swear the ponies in the kitchen take sadistic pleasure in making the worst food that could possibly be consumed.

My thoughts slowly shifted from killing Azragni to getting vengeance on those that would claim the slob before me was food. Hell, I’d be doing everyone in the hospital a favor if I killed the cooks. Those thoughts were soon distracted when a knock on my door snapped my attention away.

“Come in,” I yelled out. Not like I could stop someone if they wanted to come in anyway. All the damn machines and IVs hooked up to me.

The door burst open and in came Gustave, wing as a cape as always. Man can this guy make an entrance. I didn’t get that much time to dwell on it until the black and gray griffin kicked the door closed behind him and revealed a steak behind his wing.

“I know how despicable ze hospital food can be. Zerefore I decided to sneak you a little steak.” He was exaggerating when he said little by the way. Have you have ever seen Man vs Food and some of the eating challenges he has undertaken with steak? If no then you miss out on some tasty looking food. If yes, then picture one about two times bigger. I swear it was as if Gustave snuck a fucking cow into my room.

After he placed it in front of me, I just kept staring at the delicious meal before me with my mouth acting like a waterfall. About a minute later Gustave spoke up, “Well, what are you waiting for? Eat up!”

He didn’t need to tell me twice. Gustave patiently waited while I stuffed my face full of good food. After a good half an hour of feasting, I finally finished my meal enough to address my guest.

“So Gustave, what brings you here? Also thank you so much for the food. I didn’t know it was possible to mess up food as bad as they do here,” I joked. Gustave just chuckled along.

“Well, I figured you’d do something crazy if you didn’t get some gourmet cuisine in you. So I took ze liberty to bring you zat dish.” I couldn’t find any flaw to his logic. “And I also have a proposition for you, involving your new ‘career’ if you wish to pursue it further.”

This perked my interest. I did plan on continuing my stint as a bounty hunter/mercenary since it was a good source of income and let me cut loose a bit. “How are you going to help out with that?”

“Well, you see I have restaurants all over Equestria, and a few in Gem Fido. Zese places of business don’t always bring in the most ‘friendly’ of crowds if you catch my drift.” Gustave was being very subtle about what he meant, but I understood loud and clear.

“Ok then. So what would be the catch to helping out these ‘clients’ of yours?” I knew a little bit about organized crime and crooks back home, and they were not people you dealt with lightly.

Gustave coughed and glanced around the room. Once he made sure there were no cameras or anyone else that could see, he yanked a single feather from my right wing.

“OWWW!! What the hell was that for?!”

Stuffing the feather into his bag, the griffin slid me a note. “Well, I must be off Zeta. I shall see you when you are released from ze hospital.” Gustave then threw his wing around his arm and proceeded to leave. He just about reached the door when I shouted out to him.

“I need you to find someone for me actually. Her name is Maria, a young griffin. My guess is like 14ish. Tell her I’m in the hospital and need to talk to her. Afterwards I suggest you high tail it out of here, an Alpha is on his way to raze the port to the ground.” Damn I’m good. You guys try saying all of that in a single breath. Yeah, that’s what I thought.

Gustave for his part just gave me a curt nod before finishing his exit. And that was the most entertaining part of my day. Honestly nothing else happened of interest for the rest of my waking hours. Standard medical crap and me bitching about the food.

That night was one of the few times I had ever been able to fall asleep and stay asleep without booze. No nightmares or terrors. So of course something else had to wake me up in the middle of the night to disrupt my sleep cycle.

I was woken from my slumber by a hoof shaking me awake. At first I tried swatting it away so I could stay in slumber’s sweet loving embrace. She was always a nasty bitch to me, so whenever slumber wanted to cuddle, I didn’t like being disturbed. Unfortunately the hoof decided to be fucking persistent. At one point I muttered something like ‘Fuck off’ but instead got a nice smack to the back of the head.

That did it for me. I jolted up and turned to face my assailant. There wasn’t much I could do physically, but a pissed off glaring wolf will usually make most ponies shit themselves. Prepping myself for that tactic, I was shocked by the pony in front of me.

It was a bright pink pegasus, with electric blue mane and tail. Her cutie mark was a pair of blue lightning bolts the same vibrant color as her mane and tail. Her bright blue eyes were staring at me with a real hard intensity too, like she could see into my soul. She then huffed at my snarl and started to make a few faces at me before cracking a smile.

“So we done trying to intimidate each other or do you want to continue? I mean, yours is pretty impressive for a 20 something year old, but I’ve had CENTURIES of practice on my game face. You just can’t compare,” the pegasus said with a chuckle. My fearsome snarl quickly swapped out with my ‘confused puppy dog’ face, which only made the pegasus laugh more.

I stuttered for a few minutes, trying to figure out exactly what she said. “How can you be centuries old? You don’t look a day past 25. Hell, if you really want to be old I’ll say you’re 30, but I wouldn’t bet on that.”

“Well, you obviously don’t know your Equestrian Legends huh?” was her quick response. When she saw me shake my head no, she face-hooved. “Well this could take a little longer to explain then I was hoping. Oh well, it’s not any time off my back.”

The intruder to my room went over and grabbed a chair and dragged it over to my bedside. “Well, I think we should start with names. Mine is Firefly, the First Wonderbolt and Breaker of the Barriers. And you are?” The pony gestured with her hoof in my direction.

“The name is Zeta, the Winged Wolf.”

“Oh come one, I’m sure you can come up with a better name than that. No fancy titles or anything?” Damn this pegasus was annoying. I just went with my favorite Big Macintosh quote.

“Nnope”

Firefly thought for a moment with her hoof on her chin in thought for a moment before speaking again. “Well, I have one. Considering you are a cynogriffin, and there hasn’t been one seen since Senmurv, I hereby dub you Senmurv’s Heir.” She was obviously happy about her newest achievement, but it begged the question who was she that could declare things like that.

Then I face-pawed when I realized I missed a huge piece of information she spat out. “What do you mean by the ‘First Wonderbolt’? Wouldn’t that make you like…”

“Centuries old? Why yes, thank you for noticing,” Firefly cut me off with a giggle.

“Holy shit! How the hell do you look like you are only like, 20 something? That doesn’t make any sense?” My mind was freaking out now.

Firefly took a deep breath. “Ok, I’ll just give you the simplest version of the story. The reason I’m here is to coach you with the speed barriers, which you’ve broken two of already. You won’t understand WHY I’m centuries old without learning the basics. So you sit tight and keep your muzzle shut got it?” I just nodded and waited for her to start her explanation.

“Ok, so in our world there are barriers in place that control, or have a strong connection with, some fundamental force. They are known as the Seven Speed Barriers, because there are seven of them, duh, and that they also restrict speed.

“The names of the barriers are as followed; Sound, Magic, Wind, Nature, Force, Energy, and Time. Breaking each one causes a different effect, a fact you, my furry little friend, should be well aware of.” She patted me on the head for that one.

I was just about to ask a question when she placed her hoof on my muzzle. “I told you to keep your muzzle shut remember?” A quick nod was all I gave her before she continued. “I was the first, and only, pony to break all Seven Speed Barriers. It took me a while to get there though. The first two came pretty naturally, which is where the term Wonderbolt came from. It is the effect of breaking the second barrier that the electrical storm surround you.”

Firefly took a breath before wrapping up her speech. “Anyway, that’s why the team name was called the Wonderbolts, after my favorite attack. Also, once I broke the Seventh Speed Barrier of Time, I kinda made it my play thing, so I can’t die of age. The reason I’m here is because you have the potential, as did most of your race before they were killed off, to break most of the barriers. So I’m going to train you to become a better flier. Otherwise you’ll cause a lot of unneeded havoc. Got it?”

I just sat there in silence for a bit, letting the news hit me. I was going to be trained by a Legendary Hero of Equestria?! “You do know that I kill things right?” I asked. Ponies are so anti-violence, that’d probably turn her away from the deal.

“I have literally blown up islands full of creatures trying to hurt Equestria. I’m not some panzy pony. I am just going to make sure you don’t kill something accidentally. So you game?” Firefly spit on her hoof and stuck it out.

Without a moment’s more hesitation, I spat into my paw and met her hoof. This was too good of an opportunity to pass up. After we were done shaking, Firefly went over to the window and threw it open.

“Well, I’ll see you around. Don’t do anything stupid before then!” she shouted before shooting off into the sky.

Before I passed back out, I made a mental note to ask Spitfire about Firefly when she finally decides to visit. And then I was out.

Only to be rudely awakened by the nurse bringing me the slob that was my breakfast. After eating Gustave’s superb cooking, being forced to eat this shit again was torture. And yes I know I’ve spent a huge part talking about the shitty food, but it deserved that much attention for how bad it was. I swear cardboard would taste better than it. That’s how I spent the better part of my morning. Eventually, after a grueling lunch, a knock on the door brought faith back into my life.

I hummed to myself after announcing that they could come in, “Today’s distraction is brought to you by…Maria! Nice to see you again!” That last part was out loud once she opened the door just so you know.

The shy griffin waved at me before gently closing the door behind her. She took a seat in the chair Firefly had sat in earlier, and just sat there looking so adorable.

“So I take it Gustave found you ok?” I started the conversation. If I waited for her to do it, then I could be here all week.

“Yup, I was just out getting some fruit when he found me. He said you have something important to tell me?” the sweet hearted girl responded.

At that moment I realized something. Every single person I’ve talked to in Tailton, every single conversation, ended up with me being the mood killer. Seriously, what the fuck?

“Yeah, remember how I told you to run to Briarhoof Mill if something bad was going to happen?” She just nodded her consent. I took a deep breath and sighed before finishing, “well I think now would be a good time to get a move on.”

Maria seemed shocked that I would suggest such a thing. “B…But I like it here. People are nice to me even if I am a griffin. Why do I have to go?” She was starting to tear up now. God damn I wanted to comfort her so badly right then, but I had to be cold here. She would be in danger if she stuck around any longer like I plan to.

“I’m sorry Maria, but remember those diamond dogs? Well they got angry at the town, and are coming here to attack it. I don’t want you anywhere near this place when that happens.”

“Wh…what about you though?” she started crying a little bit at this point, and looked down at the floor.

I used my paw to lift her face to look her in the eye. “I still have things I need to finish here. I’m really sorry, but this will probably be the last time we see each other. I want you to safe ok kid? Find some friends to take care of you. Promise me?”

Maria latched onto me in a powerful hug and kept crying for a bit more before she got out a weak “ok” sealing the promise. We sat and idly chatted for a couple more hours before she had to get going. We shared one last good-bye hug and she was gone.

The best part of that day though, was dinner time. When the nurse came in, the food actually looked edible, and she brought me BEER! I downed the entire mug before she left the room, causing her to giggle. After I placed the empty mug down, and wiped the foamy mustache off my face, I shot her the question that needed to be asked.

“What’s the occasion that you give patients beer?”

The nurse smiled brightly at the question. “We just received news that the Elements of Harmony have stopped Discord! The entire town is celebrating. The nurses on duty brought in a keg and a couple bottles of wine, and I decided to share it with some of the patients.”

New. Favorite. Pony.

Ok, well not really. I still knew of a certain pegasus in Ponyville that held that title, but this nurse definitely has claimed second place. Anypony that is willing to share booze with a guy strapped up in a hospital is an instant favorite in my book. Another thought spawned in the back of my mind now.

“Hey, what would it take for a cynogriffin to get another drink?” I kindly asked the nurse. She gave me a funny look, but in the end relented.

“Ok, let me deliver all of the meals, and I’ll come back here and take you over to the nurse’s station. We can have a few more drinks there with the other on call staff.” And then she was gone and my plan was forming.

It took the nurse another twenty minutes before she came back and unhooked me from the heart monitor. By this time I had the IV drip out for a couple hours since I got all the medicine needed in my system. Once I got out to the nurse’s station, I saw the keg and the bottles of wine, along with all the nurses sitting around with wine glasses in their hooves (still want to know how they work) chatting merrily.

The chit chat stopped abruptly when they saw me heading over in my hospital gown.

“Um, I’m sorry sir, but patients in this wing are supposed to be confined to their rooms. How about I escort you back?” said a slightly pudgy nurse.

“Oh we can let him have a few drinks right now. Not every day that an evil entity gets stopped Lolly Pop.” The nurse that brought me commented.

“Well there was the last Summer Sun Celebration where the Elements of Harmony stopped Nightmare Moon…” another one of the nurses started.

“Enough! Fine Marigold, he can stay for some drinks. Let’s just hope he isn’t a lightweight though,” Lolly Pop stated as she finished off her glass.

I just gave a wicked grin and sat down to accept a mug from Marigold. Now my plan goes into full swing, and it goes with one of the main traits that I have perfected in my short time of drinking. Time to drink until all the mares black out.

And who said you don’t learn anything from being in a frat.

Within an hour of drinking heavily, all of the nurses were completely incapacitated. It had taken me longer to get Lolly Pop to go down, but I have yet to meet a woman alive that could out drink me.

I took a nice whiff of the air and identified where Azragni was currently being held. Even with all the antiseptics and cleaning solutions in the air, the hospital staff couldn’t hide the scent of a diamond dog. I chuckled to myself as I started to head over in the direction.

Well, I guess stumbled over there was a better choice of verb. I will be the first to admit I was trashed at this point, but still functional unlike the nursing staff. And they had the audacity to infer I was a lightweight. I continued to stumble around the hospital for a few more minutes, having a laugh to myself thinking of how pissed those nurses will be with themselves in the morning, when I found the door I was looking for.

I shook my head to clear my thoughts and put on my game face. The clear glass window showed the bandage over my eye, and I had to say it looked rather badass. I didn’t dwell on it too much as I pushed open the door and took a peek inside.

Azragni was out cold on the hospital bed. He was hooked up to about a dozen different machines, and besides the heart monitor and the IV drip, I had no idea what the rest of them where for. He also had a feeding tube shoved down his throat, or what was left of it and had restraints tied to his arms and legs. That made my job easier.

I walked over to Azragni’s side and lifted my paw. With a quick motion, I slammed my paw as hard as I could onto one of the nastier looking burns on his chest. The dog’s eyes shot open in pain, unable to even whimper thanks to the damage I did to his throat. He glanced over in my direction and gave me a nasty looking glare as he struggled to break free from his bonds.

“Now, now. I can’t have you making too much racket,” I sadistically stated as I slammed my paw down on his burn again. This elicited another spasm of pain where the once proud diamond dog arched his back and strained even harder on the bindings around his wrists and ankles. The scent of blood filled my nostrils as I saw it trickle down his extremities. I grinned at this.

“Oh I’m sorry, did that hurt?” I asked in the most evilly sarcastic voice I could muster. Azragni just glared at me in return. I answered his glare by jabbing my claws into his burn wound this time. “Didn’t your mom ever tell you it’s rude to stare?” I scoffed at him.

“Oh, but that’s right. My mom told me not to play around when I had a job to do…” I continued, voice dripping with malice. I slowly pulled my claws from his chest, and carved my way up towards this throat. The beta’s eyes widened with fear as his pupils shrank to the size of pinpricks. I laughed cruelly as I placed a single claw on the far side of his neck.

“Just so you know, I’m now kind of glad Spitfire and Soarin saved your ass. This is much better payback for the mines than just ripping your throat out. I won’t be seeing you again,” and with that I pulled my razor sharp claw across his neck. Blood quickly seeped out of the wound and down into the gaping hole of his airways. The Dog was convulsing as he tried to clear his lungs of the blood that was causing him to drown on dry land...


I just sat there and watched, laughing the whole time.

~{WWP}~

A/N:
Ok, this one took a lot longer than I was expecting it to. I actually cut it short at the end, but I figured I could move Spitfire's scene to the next chapter along with everyone's reaction to the murder. And yes, I am happy I can still justify the Dark tag i have going. I've come to realize I love writing a character that people love to hate. I give him some good moments, and then he turns around and does crazy shit like this.Tis entertaining, even if it is an unpopular style.

The next chapter shall wrap up the Tailton Arc, and it'll forward onto new and better things. Or not, but that's for your opinion. I have like two or three chapters that I want to do in between this Arc and the next one as a sorta intermission/timeskip. The next Arc shall be entertaining, and was already foreshadowed in earlier chapters.

Also, if you have any jobs you think Gustave would send over to Zeta, post it in the comments below and it may wind up being included in the story. If I like the idea, I'll shoot you a PM to discuss it a bit more. Yeah.

Same thing with grammar and shiz. Just point out any errors and I'll try and fix them.