• ...
80
 663
 10,372

On Your Mark, Get Set, GO...at

The Bounty Catching, Freedom Dreaming, Winged Wolf Phenomenon

Chapter 7

~{WWP}~

I woke up the next morning sore as hell. It took me a good ten minutes to even get up. My head was pounding and I could barely focus on anything. I cracked all of my joints and glanced around the room. Upon seeing the empty bottle of rum, I recalled my last statement of the previous night.

“That’s why” I chuckled to myself. I just went over and sat at the table to go over the plans that were still forming in my head. Unfortunately most of my plans involved money of some kind. And with my head punishing me for last night, I couldn’t even think straight enough to come up with a way to make any.

I let out a massive sigh and just laid my head on the table before me. Closing my eyes I tried to force myself to concentrate on something besides the boxing match my brain seemed to be having with the inside of my skull.

After sitting at the table for almost an hour with no inspiration hitting me, I caught the scent of an omelet being cooked in the kitchen in the next room over. Following my nose to the delectable aroma, I found myself outside the kitchen doors. Inside I could hear the merry voices of various staff joking around about their nights. One of them brought up the grizzly scene outside the ‘Pounding Skull’. I smiled knowing my pawy work was still talk of the town.

Finally my gurgling stomach took control and reminded why I came over here in the first place. I pushed open the door to the kitchen with my muzzle. Instantly all noise ceased. To say the atmosphere changed would be an understatement, it felt like the temperature dropped ten degrees. All of the ponies froze their actions and just stared at me.

“What? Is there something in my teeth?” I ask as innocently as possible, flashing my pearly white canines. I lift one of my paws, making sure they all can see it, and start picking around my teeth. Surprisingly, when I put my paw down I had a few tufts of rabbit fur clinging to the sharp claw. “Oh, I guess I did.”

“What are you doing back here mutt?” one of the larger draft ponies asked. He had a solid black coat with eggs and a bowl on his flank. He was the only one brave enough to look me in the eyes, so I met his violet orbs with my icy blue ones.

“I’m back here because I’m hungry. And from experience I don’t get served out in the front, so I came to the back,” I explained in a rather aggressive way. The rest of the ponies in the room just stood by watching the two of us glaring at each other. “Now want to make me something, or should I just pick out one of these little ponies to munch on?” I added, snapping my jaws to show that I would make good on that threat.

The stallion took a small step back when I snapped, but quickly regained his ground. “You even think about harming anyone here, and I’ll beat you upside the head mutt!” He emphasized his point by slamming his hoof into the tile floor cracking it.

The rest of the chefs in the room started to back as far away from the two of us as they could. I could smell the fear off of them, whether it was due to me threatening to eat one of them or fear I’d hurt their friend I couldn’t tell. What my predatory sense was telling me though was that they’d all make for an easy meal.

This stallion in front of me though proved to be an effective barricade for the weaker ponies to hide behind. I took my eyes off his for just a moment to examine him as an opponent. Even though he was a draft pony like Wrecking Ball and the guards, he was much more thickly built. I could tell he would be a problem to fight in these close quarters. Plus my hangover isn’t helping at this point. Even though I’d win, it would take too and then who knows how many guards would be here, and I doubt I’d last through a confrontation with them too.

Returning my gaze to meet his glaring eyes, I countered with my own. I swear you could cook a hot dog with the lightning that was shooting between the two of us. I started getting my claws ready to slash into him when the doors to the kitchen flew open with a very pissed off looking griffin standing in the doorway.

“Where is ze food?! Zat order was placed over twenty minutes ago and ze costumers will not stand for zis!” Gustave screeched at everyone in the kitchen. This got all of the chefs moving yet again. Pleased with himself, Gustave turned to speak with me. Only then did he take notice of the standoff between myself and the black pony in front of me.

“Charcoal, get back to ze stove I want zose eggs ready in a moment. Zeta, nice to see you have finally woken up. I was afraid I may have killed you last night wiz all the rum,” he added with a laugh at the end.

I just kept my gaze on Charcoal as he went back to work, slowly relaxing and getting out of fight mode. “Trust me Gustave; it’ll take a lot more than that to kill me. By the way, what does it take to get a meal here?” I inquire, finally allowing myself to relax a bit. Gustave just laughed and gave me a hearty slap on the shoulder. He led me over towards a refrigerator that was marked with a big black ‘X’ on the door.

“Here is where I keep ze supply of meat for ze rare carnivorous guests. Zey are more likely to be found by ze Pound Skull pub closer to ze docks zan here, but on occasion zey manage to come over here,” Gustave explained briskly. He opened the door and waved a paw in front to show off the stock. “Take whatever you wish from ze fridge and I’ll cook it up for you since ze ponies refuse to touch ze meat.”

My mouth was watering like no other. Even my hangover seemed to pause at the presentation of such a wealth of meaty goodness. He had slabs of steak in the middle, venison lining the walls, and a couple of full chickens on the top shelf. The bottom shelf held a few full hams as well.

“Think I could get an omelet with ham and cheese?” Truthfully I would eat the entire fridge if I could, but I doubt Gustave would be very happy to hear that.

As for my request, Gustave went straight to work with a grin on his beak. He cracked a dozen eggs into a pan, sliced the ham and cheese with his claws, and within minutes my meal was ready. “Let us go to ze private room eh? I don’t want you scaring away my customers,” the mustached griffin stated, carry my plate out to the room I woke up in. I just fluttered my wings to fly after him, entranced by the smell.

“So my furry friend, what plans do you have now?” Gustave asked while I stuffed my face full of golden deliciousness.

I didn’t answer until I swallowed all of my food, it’s impolite to talk with your mouth full of food you know, and gave Gustave the most blunt answer I could. “I have no idea right now. I do know that I’m in need of a large number of bits though. Like enough for a house. Know where I can get some?”

Gustave sat there playing with his mustache pondering Celestia knows what. I didn’t mind though. It gave me more time to feast. After finishing my meal, and excellent hangover cure in itself, I looked up at Gustave and saw him with a sly grin and a glint in his eye as he stared back at me.

“I zink I may just have an idea where you can get a decent amount of bits my furry friend,” Gustave said in a way that did not boost confidence. “I’ll explain on the way my friend.” With that he guided me out the door and into the bustling crowd.

An hour later, I was sitting on a stage in the middle of town while Gustave started signing up all the pegasi and a few griffins that took him up on his challenge. Gustave’s idea was simple as it was boring. When we got to the town square, Gustave hopped up on stage and offered free meals at all of his restaurants for life if they could beat me in a race. It was 50 bits to sign up for the race against me for the prize.

When he told me the idea on the walk over, I was adamantly opposed to it. I have only been flying for two days. Hell I haven’t even had wings for more than a week, how was I supposed to beat people who have been flying their whole lives? Gustave just scoffed at my objections, citing the fact I was a cynogriffin as more than ample reason to con the people out of their bits.

That brings us full circle to me sitting on a stage holding back the urge to scratch my ear in front of the whole town while Gustave collects the bits and signs the people up. You know what, fuck it, since when did I start caring what people thought about me? I tilted my head over a little, lifted my back paw, and beat the crap out of the area behind my ear with the claws on the back foot.

With the ear that wasn’t currently being assaulted, I could pick up little bits of idle chitchat. Most of it was along the lines of laughing at how ridiculous I looked, some were racist comments directed at Gustave since they thought I was just a pet, and then a few of them thought they would win because of how goofy I looked. Whatever, if it gave us more people to scam it was worth it. I have no shame.

Then I heard a lot of excited muttering. Glancing over towards the noise, I saw a huge crowd surrounding a group of three ponies. I couldn’t make anything out from them at this point except their mane colors, which were white, navy blue, and two different shades of orange.

Oh well, I just shoved it out of my mind and lay down to nap. Gustave told me I was only there to show off the opponent, and the race wasn’t going to be for another few hours. Of course the moment I close my eyes the big crowd of excited ponies get closer. Damn wolf hearing…

Lifting my head to glare at the ponies that dared disturb my nap, my jaw hit the ground. Walking up to the sign up table were three Wonderbolts; Soarin, Spitfire, and Fleetfoot to be precise. Gustave seemed ecstatic to have them at the sign up table and was speaking to all of them rapid fire.

This conversation I wanted to be a part of instead of just eavesdropping. I got up and headed over to the table just as the three members of the Wonderbolts finished signing their names and getting their numbers.

“Ah, Zeta my friend, allow me to introduce you to ze Wonderbolts! Zis is ze captain Spitfire,” the fiery maned mare nodded in my direction with a smile on her face. “Zis is Soarin, whose appetite may be greater zan yours,” the stallion just gave me a curt nod. “And zis is the newest member of zeir team, Fleetfoot.” The mare just gave me a nasty scowl. If looks could kill, I would’ve been dead ten minutes ago. The angry looking mare was the first to speak up.

“You honestly want me to race a freak of nature like this mutt? I’m the fastest on the team, this is a waste of my time,” Fleetfoot grumbled still glaring over at me. If she thought I was a dumb creature, I’ll play that card for all its worth to fuck with her.

Spitfire gave Fleetfoot a friendly shove. “Oh come on Fleetfoot, it is kind of cute. And since we are assigned to protect Tailton, we may as well have a little bit of fun. Plus think of all the bits we’ll save from paying for Soarin’s dinner,” the captain of the group laughed.

Soarin’s expression remained unchanging as he continued to look me down. That’s when I realized how serious he was going to take this race. ‘Makes sense, I would take a race where I could win food for life seriously too.’

“Zank you for joining ze race, I’m sure my friend here will be more zan a fair challenge for you all. Now if you’ll excuse me, I must go set up ze course. Zeta, would you like to come along or stay here?” Gustave asked, gathering up all of the bits we got into the bag he carried.

Time to mind fuck some Wonderbolts.

“Gustave, I believe I shall remain here and prepare for the race at paw. Perhaps the world renowned Wonderbolts would be willing to offer advice to a, how was it you phrased it Fleetfoot, freak of nature like me?” Spitfire and Fleetfoot’s mouths dropped after this statement. Soarin didn’t let my speech faze him at all though. Gotta respect a good game face.

“You can talk?!” Spitfire exclaimed, picking her jaw up off the floor. Gustave just laughed at all of their reactions as he flew off to fix the course up. I myself was having trouble keeping myself serious. Messing with people is just too easy sometimes.

“Why of course my dear Spitfire, and I must thank you for the lovely compliment you gave me. It quite lifts the spirits to hear such kind words after Fleetfoot’s derogatory comments,” I continued as eloquently as I could. Spitfire’s face flushed red at this one, and even Soarin gave a nice little chuckle.Fleetfoot was the only one that still wasn’t persuaded by my charm. She just sat there glaring at me even harsher than before she knew I could talk.

“So any tips for a flyer before his first huge race?” I asked to the group before me with a sly grin on my face, trying desperately not to smack Fleetfoot’s look off her face.

Just think happy thoughts.

The Puppy Bowl

A warm Philly Cheesesteak

Playing with a Frisbee

Smacking Fleetfoot in the face

Shit. Abort Abort!

So much for that plan…

“Well Zeta, my advice is don’t hold back. You’re going up against three of the best flyers in Equestria. You hold back any, and you’ll be lucky to see our tails,” Spitfire said with such a cocky attitude it made Rainbow Dash seem tame, but it was still friendly.

Spitfire, Soarin, and I joked around for a while more as Fleetfoot just kept glaring at me. About an hour after Gustave left, he returned announcing the course was all set up and ready for the race to be held in a few hours. Fleetfoot and Spitfire excused themselves so they could get ready for the race, while Soarin accompanied Gustave and I back to the pub for a light meal.

“So Soarin do you know why Fleetfoot was shooting daggers at me the entire we were talking?” I inquired over our meal. I had just gotten a loaf of beard while Soarin and Gustave
were eating fruit. Fun fact of the day griffins are omnivores. Who knew?

Soarin stopped chewing his apple for a moment and starting thinking if he should tell me or not. Have you ever asked one of the thick skulled athletes to answer a complicated question and saw their pained face? Yeah, that is exactly what Soarin looked like right now. Apparently the old noggin didn’t get used too much by him.

“I’ll tell you only because I don’t find it right how she treats you. At least now you’ll know why,” Soarin began his explanation, choosing each word carefully. “Back when Fleetfoot was younger, she lived close to Gem Fido in a small town called Spurfield. Her parents were on the ground watching her practice flying when they were kidnapped by diamond dogs.” Soarin paused and ran a hoof through his mane.

“She managed to get away, but ever since she’s hated any type of canine. She even freaked out at an earth pony’s Seeing Eye dog once. The fact you have wings probably unnerves her because that has always been her escape from dogs,” Soarin finished with a heavy sigh.

I just sat there letting the information roll around my mind. So this girl had a phobia against dogs. Well that’s stupid for her to be afraid of me though, I’m a wolf. I don’t even look like a diamond dog. I mean sure I can understand why she’d hate my guts, but it still isn’t cool. And the look she gave me, it wasn’t one of fear but disgust, as if I didn’t deserve to be alive. I was all too familiar with that look back on Earth.

I summed up all of my thoughts for Soarin in a very simple four worded phrase. “I don’t like her.” Ok, technically it was five, but that’s what contractions are for. Grammar loophole for the win!

Soarin spat out the bite of apple he just took as Gustave choked on his. “Wait, how can you say that? You don’t even know her yet?” Soarin yelped, watching me pound on Gustave’s back to get him to cough out the apple core. After a few more pained sounds coming from the griffin, the apple core landed on the table.

“I zink I shall agree wiz Soarin on zis one my friend. Don’t you believe it is wrong to judge someone before learning about zem?” Gustave coughed out. Choking does that to ya.

“Nope. Why should I go out of my way to talk to her if she already hates me?” I retorted. Time to be the ass and reverse their logic on them. “Don’t you think it’s wrong to assume I’m just like the diamond dogs? Why should I be the one to stick my neck out? That and if she gives me too much grief, I’ll just end up wanting to kill her.” I finished casually.

You could hear a pin drop right then and there.

Both Soarin and Gustave were looking at me with complete shock on their faces, that and a little fear in their eyes. The response brought a warm little glow to my chest. “You have to be kidding right? You wouldn’t actually kill somepony?” Soarin asked, his voice shaking the entire time.

“In case you haven’t noticed Soarin, I’m a cynogriffin. Aka a wolf with wings, I am a predator. If I can take it down and eat it, it’s prey in my eyes. I can take down ponies pretty easily,” I coolly explained to my two friends at the table. Of course, I did just refer to both of them as potential meals. Great way to build friendship right? I just went back to finishing my bread continuing. “If my prey pisses me off, I may just kill it in spite though. I have no problems doing that.”

Peering away from the bread I was eating, I noticed the look of shock had switched to that of horror. I guess random killings aren’t very common in Equestria, but where I’m from, if someone didn’t get shot three days in a row it’s considered lucky. I just shrugged the looks off, “Don’t worry, you guys are cool. But back to the topic at paw, I don’t like Fleetfoot.”

Neither of the others spoke for the rest of the meal until Gustave decided it was time to head out towards the race. I already knew my plan for the race, I was just going to tail whoever was in first until the last leg, and then blow past them and win. It’s how Gustave and I planned everything out. If what he told me about cynogriffins were correct, I’d win no problem.

The griffin chef appeared before all the racers, which numbered in about 30 or so, and explained the race. It would be an average ten mile loop, five miles out into the ocean, and five miles back to the stage with three markers, to show when to stop the racers ascent, another to start the descent, and finally one to mark the five mile point in the bay. First one back would win the prize of eating for life at all LeGrand associated restaurants.

I took a starting spot next to Spitfire, whom Fleetfoot and Soaring were next to on the other side. Soarin gave me a quick, cautious look before a quick nod for good luck. Fleetfoot, whom was farthest away from me (shocker right?) just had a scowl on her face eyes locked forward. Spitfire gave me a friendly nudge whispering “Good Luck” before sliding her goggles over her eyes.

I just replied with a quick wink before getting focused on the race. I was just getting the pre-race jitters. You know what I’m talking about right? The feeling you get right before a race where you have like butterflies in your stomach and you can’t seem to sit still with all the pre-race adrenaline flooding your body. Yeah, that’s how I was feeling right then; I just loved every second of it.

Time seemed to slow as Gustave raised a big checkered flag into the air. I extended my wings out their full size and brought them up high up into the air. I crouched down low to the ground to prepare for a massive leap for extra propulsion. I took a big breath of air in and held it waiting for the flag to drop. Gustave pulled down and the flag dropped.

And I was off.

By the time I had ascended to the cloud marker telling us to level off, only the three Wonderbolts and a single griffin were with me. Once we got to the straight away, Fleetfoot took the lead by about a quarter of a mile, while I stayed with Spitfire, Soarin, and the other griffin. All the other competitors were still in the middle of their ascent.

I expected as much from the Wonderbolts, being competitive flyers and all, but this griffin was a new factor I wasn’t ready for. Catching a glimpse of him, I saw he had green face markings. Oh well, I doubt he’d be able to keep this pace up for too, I could already tell he was exhausted and we were only two miles in.

By the time Fleetfoot had hit the 5 mile marker out over the ocean, the griffin had fallen behind. I felt completely fine at this point, it was just a little bit faster than the pace I used to get back from dropping the guards off, so I could handle this for another six hours. The Wonderbolts though seemed to be straining to keep the pace constant. Spitfire and Soarin where using a standard racing method of switching off the lead position every half mile or so. This allowed them to catch a breather while the other racer kept a steady pace. Only reason I stayed with them was because it wasn’t quite the moment to overtake Fleetfoot yet.

After Spitfire, Soarin, and I turned the corner to head back to the stage, I noticed something moving about at the three quarter part of the race. Switching up to the enhanced vision, I saw three little pegasi watching the race sitting on top of a cloud they must have scooted over the sea to get a better view. Unfortunately it was close enough to the race where if someone wasn’t careful, the cloud would burst.

I shouted over to the two Wonderbolts next to me and let them know. They just nodded their consent and kept pushing forward. I gave them a friendly wave before rocketing past the two trying to catch up to Fleetfoot to give her the warning. By the time I got next to her we were about halfway to the cloud.

Before I could even get a word out of my mouth, she rocketed forward to pull ahead, forming the Mach cone around herself. She didn’t even notice the cloud in front of her and blasted past it. The Mach cone tore the cloud to shards, making the kids on top of it start to plummet towards the sea. In case you didn’t know, a mile high drop onto the ocean will kill just about anything in existence, especially three small pegasi. Two of the kids managed to catch themselves, but were struggling to stay in the air since flying over the cool waters is harder than land. The third pegasus though dropped like a brick, screaming the entire way down.

“NOOOO!” I dove and pumped my wings as fast as I could to catch the falling pegasi. A Mach cone of my own started to form, surrounding my body in a white funnel, but all I could think about was how it seemed to be slowing me down. I launched my paws in front of me, claws extended to cut through as much air as I could. As the cone started to tear, the colors of the rainbow stared flashing around me wildly. I gave another mighty flap of my wings and then...

Ka-BOOOOOOM

The Mach cone that was previously surrounding me exploded around the air. I didn’t bother to look behind me if it caused a sonic rainboom or not, I had more important things to worry about. The pegasi was almost within my reach. I pumped more wings even more, and another cone started to form around me. Unlike the last one though, this cone didn’t cover me in white, but blue and seemed charged with energy. I didn’t stop to think about it too terribly much though because the little pegasus was just within reach.

“Got you!” I screamed over the wind as I wrap my arms around the little filly, pulling her close to my chest as I pull up from the dive. We are close enough where the tip of my tail skimmed the surface of the ocean. I feel the pegasi filly wrap her legs around me as tightly as she can while she shakes. I keep pumping my wings to ascend back into the sky, keeping my speeds above Mach 1 while I scanned the sky for her friends. I see that Spitfire and Soarin managed to grab those two, much to my relief.

When I reached a mile up, I looked forward to see Fleetfoot still racing towards the finish line. She had completely ignored the fact that she had endangered three innocent lives! I pumped my wings even harder than before, willing myself the increase the speed. I was closing in on her as the second Mach cone started to form again, crackling with blue energy.

“Hold on tight,” I mumbled to the filly as I shift her over to only one arm. I throw my other out in front of me to cut through the blue energized cone that currently is holding back my speed. I could slowly see it starting to break around my claw when all of a sudden…

Pause for dramatic effect…

Don’t worry the wait will be worth it cause it’ll be legen… wait for it


CRACK BAAROOOM

dary.

It was like the loudest thunderbolt you could ever hear amplified by a hundred. I would later find out that in Equestria, going Mach 1 breaks the sound barrier as normal, but passing Mach 2 speeds breaks a type of magical field known as the energy barrier. This energy barrier is what pegasi use to help with weather manipulation and is the field in which magically transported items run through.

I can tell you that when I did reach Mach 2, the resulting explosion looked like one of those little static orbs that have all the bolts leaving a single point, me. You know the kind I’m talking about these things. Yeah, I was the middle point of it, and as I flew past Fleetfoot I could hear her pained cries from the electric storm that was trailing in my wake now. Looking over my shoulder I see her drop a few hundred feet before catching herself.

I allow myself to grin from her pain. I normally don’t enjoy causing others pain, but she recklessly endanger the filly in my arm, so in my mind she deserves a helluva lot worse. I flare my wings and try and slow down as much as possible, sending the lightning flying forward like a barrage of arrows eventually dissipating a mile outside the town.

I’ll have to think of using that in the future for a fight. Once I lost enough speed, I glided down to the stage in the middle of town setting the filly down. Glancing up I saw all of the spectators and Gustave just staring at me with their jaws dropped to the ground. Must be a pony thing. Then I saw a reporting pony whip out a camera.

“No photos, no comment,” I growled loud enough for everyone to hear me. A small shriek behind me made me turn around. Everyone instantly quieted down and put away their cameras. The little pegasus pony was sitting down shaking like crazy. I got down on my stomach to be eye level and less threatening looking.

“Hi there, my name is Zeta. What’s yours?” I asked in the friendliest voice I could muster.

“Um… I’m C...cotton Cloudy,” She murmured out in her nervousness. She was gradually calming down though.

“Cotton Cloudy? That’s a really pretty name you have,” I say with a smile on my muzzle. I hide my teeth though; I don’t want to scare her any more than she already is. “How would you like some bits to get a treat?”

Her eyes lit up when I mentioned the word treat. She just nodded voraciously. I went over to the pot of pits Gustave had collected, ignoring him and all the others in the crowd surrounding the stage. Gathering a pawful of bits, I went back over towards Cotton Cloud.

“Here you go sweetie. Now don’t go spend it all at once, and remember to share with your friends,” I added, nudging her with my muzzle to send her own her way. I stood back up and she gave me a quick hug on the leg before scampering off.

Three thumps, followed by two other lighter ones let me know the Wonderbolts and the other two fillies arrived. Turning around, I first addressed the foals. “Why don’t you two go find Cotton Cloudy. I gave her some bits so you all can get a treat. Doesn’t that sound fun?” They both gave me huge smiles before running off to find their friend.

I followed them off into the crowd smiling before turning back to the Wonderbolts before me. Spitfire and Soarin looked at me with slight disbelief. I can understand why since breaking the sound barrier is near impossible for pegasi, let alone the energy barrier. Fleetfoot on the other paw wouldn’t even look at me. She was nursing her wounds that she received when I blew past her with lightning trailing after me. I could see the dark burn marks along the side of her suit and on one of her wings.

Time to give her another injury.

Without any warning, I curled my paw and rammed it into Fleetfoot’s face, leaving a bloody trail fly through the air as she dropped to the ground. Everyone in the crowd gasped in horror when they witnessed the strike. Gustave and Soarin for their parts backed away from me, but Spitfire took a step forward and stood between me and my target.

“What was that for?” Spitfire yelled glaring at me. Part of me wanted to smack her out of the way so I could proceed to rip Fleetfoot apart, but the fire in her eyes told me I’d have to kill her to get to her downed teammate.

“Because of her blatant hatred for me, she almost got three foals killed. The only reason one of them didn’t die was because broke the sound barrier. I almost had to go Mach 2 just to save the kid,” I growled at Spitfire. I really didn’t want to hurt her, because she’s been nice to me this entire time, but if she didn’t get out of my way I would.

“Fleetfoot has cynophobia, she’s afraid of dogs and wolves. You showing up next to her probably just spooked her into gunning it. It was an accident,” Spitfire retorted. I laughed in her face when she pulled that defense. By this time Fleetfoot had recovered and was glaring daggers at me again, holding a hoof to her bloody snout.

“Bull-fucking-shit! She may have had a phobia at one point, but now it’s just straight up hatred. I’ve seen the look she gives me everywhere I go,” I bark back at Spitfire, returning Fleetfoot’s glare over her captain’s shoulder. “It’s the look that says ‘you aren’t worth the air you breathe. You don’t deserve to live. I hope you get struck by lightning and die right here.’ I get it all the time, so trust me that’s how she feels.”

Spitfire turned around and noticed the glare her teammate is giving me for the first time.Then she does something that made me want to kiss her right then and there.

She smacked Fleetfoot across the face. Everyone’s jaw dropped for the third time that day as I fell to the ground laughing at the Fleetfoot’s face after the blow landed.

Fucking. Priceless.

“There are many things we Wonderbolts do, but hating ANYONE based on who they are is not one of them!” Spitfire yelled down at her subordinate. “When we get back to base I’m going to request you work with any Diamond Dogs for the rest of your time here until you get over it. Do you hear me?”

“Ma’am yes, ma’am,” was Fleetfoot’s prompt response after getting back to her feet.

“Now get back to our temporary HQ and have the medic look after those wounds,” Spitfire ordered. Fleetfoot left without saying another word, or even looking in my direction, Soarin close behind. Spitfire then turned her attention to me. “You are by far the strangest creature I have ever had the fortune to meet,” she said with a small grin on her face, watching me wipe the tears from my eyes from laughing so hard.

“You ain’t seen nothing yet hot stuff,” I replied with a laugh and a wink. Gustave’s face –claw was audible enough for the whole square to hear.

To Spitfire’s credit, she just chuckled and continued on, “Now Zeta, in all seriousness, allow me as the captain of the Wonderbolts to offer you an apology for Fleetfoot’s behavior. It reflects poorly on us all.” Spitfire extended her hoof, which I shook with my furry paw.

“Apology accepted my friend. I won’t apologize though, she deserved a lot worse for endangering a child like that,” I defended my point.

“I would agree, but I have a feeling your form of punishment may be a little excessive. By the way, you are one hell of a flier. How’d you like to help us Wonderbolts out with a mission? You’ll get paid a pretty good sum of bits.” Spitfire explained rather smoothly.

My ears perked up at that last part. “I’m all ears,” was my simple answer, as the two of us left the stage and headed to discuss the job.

~{WWP}~

A/N:
Awww, Zeta isn't so bad. He's just a big softie when it comes to little kids. How cute.

Special thanks to Thardac for filling in the editor/beta reader roll for this chapter.

Also, I finally have a story with 2 pages of comments! I feel so loved.

To any of my readers who haven't heard yet (which is probably where I got most of mine anyway) there are a lot more stories in this same universe now. I highly suggest checking out some of the other stories. They all have a different perspective on Equestria than each other, and its interesting to see how they all meld together. Give it a shot.