• ...
80
 663
 10,401

Want To Play A Game?

The Bounty Catching, Freedom Dreaming, Winged Wolf Phenomenon
Chapter 6

~{WWP}~

Let me tell you a little about the city of Tailton. It’s a medium sized port city with twenty foot tall walls surrounding it from every direction except the sea. There is a volcano looming within half a day’s hike to the south, and a nice calm forest to the north. So besides the wall, it is nothing like Canterlot in the show. This place is a lot dirtier than that too, think of a late 17th century London. The nice areas of the city are extremely clean, pristine, and cater to the wealthier merchants and upper class ponies. The houses in this district are freaking huge, like you’d see them in MTV’s Cribs(that show is still on right?). Huge stained glass windows with swirling archaic designs seemed to be the baseline for these buildings. I’m also pretty sure I saw a pool or two out back occasionally, but I didn’t get the chance to ransack any, sadly enough.

Pretty much every other area in Tailton though is ragtag as hell. Close together apartments on top of storefronts were the norm, with no outside eateries and most of the pubs would scare the average patron from stepping foot inside, with names like ‘The Pounding Skull’ I could see why. Of course it seemed like just the place that I would get a drink from, but then again, didn’t have the time to stop and get a pint. I was stuck hanging on the sign outside the establishment, hiding.

Why was I hiding you may ask?

Surely a badass that I am wouldn’t need to hide.

Well once I had finished with my epic facepaw at being instantly recognized as the only winged wolf in the entire known universe, the guards were on top of me. Instead of going all feral on their asses and ripping some shit up, I just let them tackle me. I really wasn’t in the mood for a fight though; all I wanted was a drink and to get my plans rolling.

After the initial impact and struggle, I managed to knock the unicorn and pegasus guard team off of me, and took bounding off over a nearby wall to away from them without needing to murderize them. I may not have wanted to fight them, but no way in hell did that mean I was going to let them arrest me. Unfortunately for me though, the unicorn managed to use a spell that bound my wings to my sides with rope, dropping me painfully just inside the city limits.

“You have got to be fucking kidding me!” I yelled at the guards after getting my feet under me and looking at my bound wings. “I just figured out how to use these things and you go and tie them up?! You little fuc-” I didn’t get time to finish my little tirade before the pegasus guard dived bombed my ass into the pavement.

“That’s enough out of you scum. You have committed crimes against the Equestria by stealing a large sum from the toll booth. How do you plead?” the guard growled at me. He was another one of those draft ponies, so based on my last encounter with them he was stronger than I was. At least I think he is. I’m really going to have to figure that out, but not right now.

“How about I give you a couple of bits and we pretend like I never even came to this town?” I asked in the smoothest of voices. Bribes always worked back home, why should here be any different?

“How dare you insult my honor!” ...because they are pretty close to religiously bound zealots.

Great.

I rolled out from under him as he was brought to bring his hoof down where my face just was. He left a nice little dent of a horseshoe in it.

“Holy shit!” I took off running at this point. All I wanted was to get away from the guards and get a beer, but they had other plans. The pegasus took to the air to shout directions down to the unicorn that was actively pursuing me. They were relentless in their chase. Luckily none of the other guards joined in, but all that meant was no one got in the way of these two guards. After running all over the city until well into the night, I managed to hop onto a lone wagon full of hay and started having it roll down a hill, Assassin’s creed style. Grabbing a nearby lantern I lit the hay on fire providing myself a nice smokescreen. When I saw the sign coming up, I jumped up and hid behind it just as the guards were rounding a corner out of the smokescreen. Finally, I could continue in my epic quest of...

Getting a Celestia-forsaken drink.

“Thunder Kick, get down here! I lost him.” The stark white unicorn guard shouted up to his partner that had been helping him chase me around all day. The similarly white pegasus, who I assumed was ‘Thunder Kick’, landed next to the unicorn. “Did you see where the mutt ran off too?”

“No, I lost him in the smokescreen.” Thunder Kick sighed glumly. Thank Athena these two were too stupid to look up above their heads, or they would’ve seen my clinging to the large sign. The two guards glanced inside the pub and around the alley and after no luck finding me, ‘Thunder Kick’ continued with his mindless rabble.

“I mean how could we lose something that smelt that horrible? I feel bad for the bitch that had him, though she was probably uglier than he was. Come on Dark Spark, let’s get back to our station.”

Oh FUCK no did he just insult my mom. Screw getting a drink right now, I’m going to rip these guards a new asshole. Glancing down, I notice that the unicorn, ‘Dark Spark’, was directly below me at this point. Grinning stupidly, I dropped down and kicked his head straight into the road, the impact producing a sound somewhere between a sack of potatoes and a watermelon being abused. Before he or Thunder Kick could even recognize what was going on, I had my teeth around Dark Spark’s horn.

“Don’t even think of using any spells, prick.” I growled menacingly through my teeth at the unicorn beneath me. He was cringing in pain with the pressure I was extertiny by merely holding his horn, poor bastard, I wasn’t even trying yet.

He picked the wrong wolf to piss off. Then I noticed the shadow that was covering me from above. I applied just a bit more pressure to the horn and got a very satisfying scream of agony out of the downed unicorn underneath me.

“I suggest you land Thunder Kick, or I may just make myself a new toothpick out of this horn here.” I threatened, running my tounge over my molars to punctuate my point. He did as ordered with a scowl.

“You won’t get away with this scum. Assaulting two royal guards will wind you in prison for the rest of your flea bitten life,” Thunder Kick threatened. I could see the concern in his eyes for Dark Spark’s safety, and I, being the gentlemen I am, didn’t want him to worry him too much longer about his friend’s safety.

Locking eyes with the glaring pegasus, I grinned madly and bit down hard upon the unicorn’s horn.

Dark Spark screamed the most unholy noise I have ever heard when his horn fractured at the base easily with several spurts of blood and magic splashing against my cheek. After he finished wailing like a banshee with her head cut off, he blacked out and bounced off the ground.

I gnawed on the appendage in my mouth a little as I watched Thunder Kicks reaction with a feral grin. He had pure shock and fear layered over his features.

“Guess I’ll just have to remove the guards from that equation. If you two aren’t around, then I didn’t assault anyone, right?” I informed him as if merely stating the weather, kneading the appendage around with my tongue. There's just something about a calm, collected voice that is so much more intimidating than screaming.

Stepping over his friend’s bleeding body, I spat the horn into the stallion’s face before he could even comprehend what was going on. I got lucky and ended up sending the horn straight into Thunder Kick’s right eye. He reflexively spread his wings to try and scare me off as he screeched in the abhorrent pain that one acquired from losing an eye, but that didn’t help him at all. I lunged forward and slashed at his armored chest with my claws. I know, not my brightest move, but I had to test how strong these babies were at some point.

To my shock, I ripped through his armor plating with a fair amount of strength and pain.

Thunder Kick didn’t let this faze him to much though when he finally regained his faculties. As I was marveling in my accomplishment and nursing my quivering paw, he had regained his composure and threw a nasty right hook that connected with the side of my body. I went flying across the street and crashed through some wooden boxes. My world was spinning after that hit, but I got the benefit of flooding my system with even more adrenaline.

Thunder Kick didn’t let me get up though as he tore the horn out of the now mostly empty socket. He dove down from the sky to get a little more strength into his slam. Luckily his aim was off because of his now missing eye, I avoided the brunt of the hit. I got my guard up just in time to block a couple of heavy hits directed at my face.

I wasn’t even in the thinking mode right now, just reacting. As if in slow motion, I saw Thunder Kick’s next blow coming down towards me and rolled just enough to have it fly past my head.

Acting as only a predator could, I latched onto his fore leg with my canines and placed as much force down on it with as much force as I could muster. The sweetly sickening snapping of several bones echoed into the cold night sky, going mostly unnoticed as I managed to gain control over Thunder Kick’s other foreleg by driving my claws into his shoulder, efficiently cutting off the ligaments that allowed such movement.

With a flick of my neck, I tossed Thunder Kick off of me. I got my paws underneath me and walk over towards him. He was struggling to get up after having both of his legs crippled. The grimace he wore showed how much pain he was in, along with the realization that if he ever did get out of this, he would never really walk again. I had to give him credit though, he was trying his best. I pounced on top of him before he figured out his wings and back legs still worked, digging my claws into the dirt. Maneuvering onto his back and pinning him down just as I did to Dark Spark earlier, this time I had my bloodied teeth wrapped around the base of one of his wings.

“I really suggest you just stay down, I don’t feel like making you an earth pony,” I growled. When he started to fight to buck me off of him, I clamped down harder than before to and he ceased his actions with a pang cry. For all intents and purposes, I had just clipped his wings.

“You won’t get away with this. I can promise you that. I’ll make sure you get the death penalty for what you did here!” Thunder Kick managed to get out through gritted teeth. This guy is pretty damn respectable, real true royal guard member and loyal to his duty. Too bad his duty was a detriment to what I wanted to do.

“Well then, I guess I’ll just have to get rid of the two of you,” and with that said, I smashed his face into the ground, knocking him unconscious. Dragging his body over towards Dark Spark’s, I proceeded to try and figure out what I was going to do with the two bodies. Sure I could straight up kill them, but I had no way to get rid of the bodies. Glancing down towards the water, I saw some small row boats tied to the docks that were probably used for leisure fishing. To the left of me where some barrels that could fit a pony inside…

IDEA!

I emptied two of the barrels of their contents, and stuff the two guards inside of them. I proceeded to roll them down the street towards the docks. Glancing back, I noticed the trail of blood they were leaving, but nothing I could really do about that. Taking a second to make sure no other guards were on the lookout, I dumped the pair inside one of the row boats and cut the rope mooring it to the dock. Picking up the rope, I flew as fast and as far as I could out into the ocean, dragging the boat the entire way with me. After I could just barely make out the mainland, even with my augmented eagle like vision, and a couple of islands were within plain sight did I stop with the sun rising on my back. I just sat down and slept a little until the guards awoke.

The sun was already high in the sky by the time the two ponies were just starting to stir back into consciousness. “Huh, where the hell are we?” Thunder Kick mumbled out. He struggled to stand up but instantly collapsed back onto the deck of the boat. Next he tried to use his wings, but the pain from me almost tearing them off stopped him as well. Dark Spark wasn’t fairing much better. Without his horn, he was probably delirious and in constant pain.

“Well currently you guys are in the Ring Sea. Don’t ask for distances cause I honestly have no idea,” I answered back with a nice long yawn. I proceeded to crack all of my joints as I do every morning, the guards stiffing up at the noise. I really never got why people didn’t like the noise of joints popping, but to each their own.

“YOU!” Thunder Kick yelled, visibly hurting his comrade with the volume of his voice. Guess losing a horn is a lot more painful than I thought it would be. Akin to a consistent hangover. Tough.

“Yes, me. Who were you expecting, Twilight Sparkle?” I retorted with a cruel grin on my muzzled. I knew these guards couldn’t do anything else to me even if they wanted to. “Before you even bother asking it, the reason you are out this far in the sea is because I don’t want you telling anyone what happened. So instead of killing you out right, I’m giving you a chance to live. So what do you say, want to play a game?” I inquired. The pair returned my offer with a death glare that could cut steel, gritting their teeth to hide the pain.

That’s a yes right?

“There’s one oar in this boat, and three locations you can get to. Tailton is really far that way,” I gestured in the general vicinity of the shore. I actually wasn’t positive it was that way, but I doubt they’d make it that far anyway. “Then there are those two islands behind me. One of you can’t use your front legs, and the other can’t even focus on anything. Choose a location and see if you can get there. Oh, and don’t think of flying. In case you didn’t notice I broke that wing of yours.” I informed him dutifully, flashing my sharp teeth that had mauled these to individuals.

“Who are you?” Dark Spark muttered out with a pained voice. Part of me was happy I could make another epic introduction; the other part of me knew it would be a waste on these to, since they were going to die soon enough anyway.

“The name is Zeta the Winged Wolf. I’d tell you to remember the name, but I doubt you’ll live long enough to brag about meeting me. So, live or die… Make your choice.” I added the last bit in my best mimic of Jigsaw, sadistically grinning.

Spreading my wings, I rocketed out of the boat and into the clouds above. Tilting towards Tailton, I began my leisurely flight back to town, humming a happy tune all the way.

About six hours later I landed back on the docks. Luckily there weren’t any guards around, but I could overhear some of the ponies muttering about hearing my little skirmish last night. Well more along the lines they heard the blood curdling screams of the guards. That’s just fine with me. So far no one mentioned witnessing the fight, so I wasn’t involved with it.

But I didn’t really care about any of that right now. My stomach hadn’t started growling for the past 4 hours for no reason. I was hungry enough to eat a dragon. All I wanted to do was find a pub, get some food in me, and a couple of pints worth of beer. Approaching the first pub I saw, I noticed a small sign saying that a semi-famous chef was working there for a week, going by the name of‘Gustave LeGrand’, which rang a bell in my head, but I couldn’t quite understand why. ‘Aw what the hell, I may as well go in here.’

Upon entering the establishment, most of the ponies in the place turned their heads to get a glimpse at the new comer. Needless to say, most of their faces turned from one of curiosity to that of scorn. Fucking racist ponies, am I ever going to catch a break?

Probably not, torturing them is far too amusing.

Taking a seat at the bar, I patiently awaited the bartender to come down to this end so I can finally get a beer. At first I wait patiently, but after half an hour my patience was up. “OY PRICK, get your pony ass down here so I can get a beer already!” I yell down the length of the bar. This got not only the bartenders attention, but most of the buildings.

Next thing I know, a hoof is tapping me on the shoulder. I spin around real quick and come face to face with whom I could only assume was the bouncer for this pub, for he was a massive draft earth pony. “Excuse me sir, but some of the patrons are complaining you are interrupting their meals. I’m going to have to ask you to leave,” the bouncer told me.

“How about no,” I send while shooting daggers at all of the ponies in the building, each one flinching at my angry gaze. “Instead I’ll give you a counter offer. I get some damn service already, or I’ll just make your patrons my meals instead. How about that?”

The bouncer made the wrong move of trying to grab a hold of me to throw me out by force. I spun out of his grip really easily, since he doesn’t have hands, and smashed his face into the bar. I raise my paw to give the pony a nice slash with my claws when an unmistakably French voice cuts through the air.

“Stop zis madness zis instant!” I hesitated for a moment before curling my digits into a fist and slamming it into the bouncers face, knocking him out cold.

“I said stop! What part of zat did you not understand?” It growled irritably. Oh this was going to be fun.

Turning to look at the new party was a griffin in the doorway of the kitchen. All of a sudden I remembered where I heard Gustave LeGrand from. He was the griffin from that one ‘cake’ episode, and here he was standing before me. His dark grey coat blended well with his lighter grey feathers that surrounded his head. On his beak was a massive black mustache that twirled at the end. I have to wonder how the hell did hair grow on bone?

“Good, now I seem to have your attention. Please come wiz me to the back room. You shall receive ze finest treatment zere,” the griffin announced to all in the room, flourishing his wing around his arm as if it were a cape. I just stood there looking at him like he was crazy. Here I was, bashing his bouncer into a table, and he is offering me the five star treatment?

“Well why the hell not.” Was my absent minded retort as I kicked the downed bouncer and followed the chef into the back room of the establishment. It was a lavishly decorated room, with only a unicorn couple sitting in the corner of the room. Or they were until Gustave shooed them out of the room.

Turning around to face me, the griffin took over the conversation. “Allow me to properly introduce myself. I am ze great chef Gustave LeGrand. Zis is simply one of ze restaurants zat I work in. And who are you good sir?”

“You can just call me Zeta.” I deadpanned simplistically. “So can I place an order now? Cause I’m starving and need a beer real badly,” I added with a little laugh. It was nice having someone who didn’t hate me for not being a pony.

“But of course, I shall get you ze finest ale and multiple steaks, cooked rare to compliment not only ze ale, but also your carnivorous nature. Does zat sound acceptable?” Gustave enquired stiffly. I just dumbly nodded my head because that was exactly what I was planning to order. Before he left though, he added probably the best news I’ve heard since I’ve got to this world. “Of course, zis meal will be on ze house for ze abuse you received earlier.” And then he was gone.

I only had to wait a few minutes before an entire keg was rolled into the room for my enjoyment. By the time my meal got here I already had four pints, and was working on my fifth. Gustave took the seat across from me, sipping on a glass of wine that he brought with him. We had some idle chit-chat while I ate, but when I finished I had a real serious question that I needed to ask him.

“So Gustave, first off thank you for that meal, it was delicious. Secondly I couldn’t help but notice that you seem surprisingly well off for a griffin in pony turf. The few I’ve seen were always treated rather harshly. How’d did that happen?” I just had to know. Maria told me a little bit about her life as a griffin in Equestria, and how distinctly non-utopian it was.

“I will answer your question, if you agree to answer one of mine. Sound fair enough?” He replied, setting down his glass with a quiet, almost resentful, sigh. I simply nodded my head and waved my paw on for him to answer my question.

“I was born on ze edge of the Dominion’s border wiz Equestria. My parents realized zat ze area we lived in was unfit for a child, so zey fled souz. Zere, my parents educated me as best zey could, and raised me to become a chef. Wiz enough time, and patience, I managed to pull myself out of poverty and make a living for myself. I was an extremely lucky griffin. Now my question for you, what is a cynogriffin doing in Tailton, let alone alive?” Gustave interrogated.

“A what now?” was my instant response. I immediately regretted that answer. Maybe that was the creature that I was but I’ve never heard of it. Well I still have a question to answer, “I’m in Tailton because it was the closest city from where I was, and I’m alive because eat, breath and drink, duh.” When in doubt, smartass your way out.

“You don’t know?!?” To say I ruffled Gustave’s feathers would be an understatement. I was pretty happy he had finished his wine already, or I would’ve been soaked in it flying out of his beak. For my part, I tried to hide my amusement by downing another pint of beer.

Ok, I would’ve downed the pint anyway; it just had the added benefit of hiding my smirk.

“Ok, I answered the question as to how I’m alive and in Tailton. My turn to ask one, what’s a cynogriffin and why were you so shocked as to why I’m alive?” I inquired. If he knew what I was, I wanted to know. If he didn’t answer willingly, things would just have to get ugly until I was satisfied.

“I shall explain, zough it may leave you and I both wiz more questions,” Gustave replied most civilly. Guess that means it’d be rather clean. “I’ll bring in somezing a little heavier for this zough, for it shall be long.” Gustave left the luxury room for only a moment only to return with the biggest bottle of rum I have ever seen. Pouring us each a glass, Gustave cleared his throat.

“Now zis story begins when I was in Canterlot cooking for Princess Celestia. I was allowed permission to scan ze archives for history books to try and find new dishes to try. Instead I found a book of legends zat told of ze Great Creation. When ze Gods created zis world, zey made a Perfect Race to inhabit it wiz ze ozer many non-sentient creatures. No description of it could be found, only zat it was ze most perfect race to ever exist.” He paused, taking a hearty swig of rum before coughing slightly and continuing.

“Now ze God of Chaos could not stand for a being such as zat to be in ze world, so as it was near completion, ze God of Chaos sent a spark into ze being zat none of ze ozer Gods noticed. Zese Gods left after zey finished ze Perfect Race, so zey would never see what became of ze Perfect Race. After many generations of ze Perfect Race, somezing strange happened. When it came to ze Perfect Race to spawn in ze hundredth generation, one third of all ze Perfect Race gave birth to ze race of dragons.”

Gustave paused and took a long swing from his rum again. As he did I took that moment to think of everything that I knew about dragons in this universe. They were the most physically powerful sentient creature in the world. Even Celestia wouldn’t go hoof to claw against a dragon, she would rely on her magic. I poured both myself and Gustave another glass full of rum before he restarted after downing my entire glass at once, wincing slightly as the liquid roughly burned at my throat.

Good stuff indeed.

“Now ze dragons were gifted wiz ze Perfect Races strength and longevity in life. Zey are ze oldest of all ze intelligent races zat live in our world. Ze Perfect Race allowed ze dragons to live alongside zem, but soon ze dragons desired more freedom. Ze Perfect Race allowed zem to leave, citing zeir strength as enough to protect zem. So ze dragons left and grew in strength and population. In ze eons zat have passed since zen, ze dragons have produced few variations of intelligence from zeir species.” He paused, sighing slightly as if remembering a particularly bitter memory after taking another shot.

“Anozer hundred generations passed since ze dragons came into existence. Since each one of ze Perfect Race could only have one offspring, only two zirds remained. At ze two hundredth generation’s birth, anozer zird of ze Perfect Race produced a new race of creature. Ze Alicorn.” Gustave paused again to wet his throat with some more rum. Once he had relieved his parched tongue he once again continued his tale.

“Ze Alicorns were gifted wiz all of ze magic potential and ability to use it as efficiently as ze Perfect Race was. Ze Alicorns, much like ze dragons, wished to separate from ze Perfect Race and find zeir place in zis world on zeir own. Ze Perfect Race allowed it yet again, citing ze Alicorns magic as enough to protect zem. Eons passed, but unlike ze dragons, ze Alicorns were not as fertile, but managed to produce multiple new races in zeir image. Ze earth ponies, ze pegasi, ze unicorns, ze zebras, ze minotaurs, ze changelings, ze donkeys and ze cows all are common descendants from ancient Alicorns. Princesses Luna and Celestia are ze only true Alicorns left, sharing in longevity of ze first Alicorns. Princess Cadence is just a mutation of ze Alicorn gene, allowing her access to all types of magic.”

At this point I had to interrupt his story. “So you are telling me, that Luna and Celestia have all of the powers of every race that the Alicorns spawned?” He was basically laying out the entire history of Equestria to me. I took a glance over at the bottle of rum and noticed it was half empty, and I already killed the keg before the story even started. ‘I just hope I remember all of this, I’m pretty drunk right now.’

Gustave took my interruption in stride. Taking a daintily sip from his rum, he answered briefly “Yes zat is exactly what I’m telling you. May I continue?” I nodded my consent, nearly falling out of my seat as I shifted my balance.

“Now ze Perfect Race was only a zird of zeir original size. By ze time of zeir zree hundredth generation, zey had accepted ze fate to die out. Wiz ze last birth of ze Perfect Race, ze cynogriffins were born. Zey acquire ze speed and agility of ze Perfect Race, but none of ze extended life. Zey did have ze greatest fertility rate zough, so soon ze cynogriffins had a larger population zan ze slowly dying Perfect Race could look after. So zey too were released from ze Perfect Race’s care to spread around ze world. Eons passed and ze cynogriffin race gave birth to ze griffins, ze diamond dogs, and ze cat people of ze Feline forest.”

“For ages, all of ze new races got along relatively well. Zen when ze God of Chaos returned and saw his handy work, he released ze demon ‘Tirek’ into ze world to mix zings up a bit. Ze Alicorns, dragons and cynogriffins, who by now were known as ze Elder Races, stood togezer to combat ze demon. Faust, Drago, and Senmurv were ze leaders amongst ze ‘Elder Races’ at ze time. Faust(oh c what u did thar) led her Alicorns using zeir magic to stay on par wiz Tirek. Drago and his dragons were able to break zrough Tirek’s magic wiz zeir strength. Senmurv and ze cynogriffins were able to use zeir speed to best ze demon’s strength. Unfortunately ze cynogriffins were weak against Tirek’s dark magic unlike ze Alicorns and dragons. All of ze cynogriffins were wiped out except for ze leader, Senmurv, whom sacrificed himself by holding Tirek down long enough for ze dragons and Alicorns to destroy ze demon, zus ended ze threat of Tirek. It also brought ze end of one of ze Elder Races, ze cynogriffins.”

Gustave looked me over for a moment in only a slightly creepy manor before continuing on. “So now you see why I am shocked zat you are here before me. Zat war was over ten zousand years ago. Cynogriffins haven’t been seen since, until now. What is your story Zeta?” He finished with a grimace, staring glumly into the bottom of his now-empty glass for a moment before returning his slightly wavering gaze onto me.

Shit, he just answered my question and now I owed him an answer to his. He just had to ask about my past. When in doubt, go to my fall back plan.

LIE, LIE FOR ALL YOUR FURRY-FEATHERED ASS IS WORTH!

Thank you rum, for allowing my imagination run wild that night. I proceeded to weave a tale of how I was orphaned in a city, how I fled into the woods and hunted for a living. Then I told him that I had hopped on an airship one day to see the world, and after a night of heavy drinking got tossed into a different ship. Then I just gave him a brief rundown as to what has happened since then, leaving out all of the killing and meeting Maria though. The former because he didn’t need to know about the fact I got some guards killed and the latter because I didn’t want to draw any unwarranted attention to Maria.

“Well my friend, zat is a riveting life’s story. Let us retire for ze night. Zere is a guest bed you may use upstairs, free of charge. I will see you in the morning,” Gustave declared, managing to get up and stumble over towards the door that hid the stairs from the common eyes of customers. I just shook my head at how drunk he had gotten.

Reaching over to fill my glass up with rum another time, I was appalled to discover the bottle was empty.

“Why is the rum always gone?” I wondered aloud grimly before deciding since there was nothing left to drink I may as well go to bed. I stood up and made my way towards the door, stumbling about half the way to the door before dropping headlong into the floor and promptly blacking out.

Cold floor is best floor.

~{WWP}~

A/N:
This is the longest piece of writing that I have ever done in my life. And I'm a sophmore in college. Props to my Beta Muzzled Elk, for having to deal with it and doing an excellent job as usual, as well as the epic little ending thing. As always if there are any mistakes either of us missed just point them out.

This chapter really allows me to justify that 'Dark' tag doesn't it. As for the Creation Legend, I came up with that entire idea one night to explain my character and his uniqueness. I was going to use Discord inside of Tirek, but I remembered Echo's back story for Discord, so I had to switch it out.

Don't expect a new chapter to soon, for I have a new project to complete for the Chess Board group that will be taking priority. That and I have my finals these next two weeks so I'll be wasting my life away studying.