• Published 23rd Jun 2015
  • 776 Views, 25 Comments

Subject Cygnus X-1: Jack - XanaDurian



Your name is Jack. You are a musician looking to make your way to the top. These are ponies. They took you away from your world by accident, and with a massive language barrier, you aren't sure who or what to trust. What's a man to do?

  • ...
6
 25
 776

The nah, m8

And then everybody died of cardiac arrest.

The end

Author's Note:

Let the hate mail flow through you

This chapter was brought to you by Raisin Bran and the Fugs

Basically, this was horribly written and gimmicky and I'll do better next time.

And thus, that's it.

Comments ( 6 )

When our weary world was young....

Damn! the name of this story brings back memories

7295190

Glad to know that someone caught the referance.

7296563 What are your favorite prog rock bands/albums/songs?

7296621

Prog isn't really my main thing, but I know a few good ones.

First, if I had to pick my favourite Prog album, it'd either be Sacrafice, by Black Widow, or Afreaka!, by Demon Fuzz. My favourite Prog band, (aside from Rush, who were actually something of a Pop group for most of their carreer), has gotta be Black Widow, whom were most famous for writing the Occult-Prog album Sacrafice. A few other good Prog bands I like are Demon Fuzz, Fuzzyduck, and there's one more band whose name isn't quite coming to me at the moment.

Once again, though, I'm not really much of a Prog guy, thougj. Much of it is a little too masturbatory for my tastes, y'see.

7296701

My tastes really evolved from coming into contact with the non prog material that prog artists produce, and vice versa with me getting into non prog bands via their prog work

One example is Jethro Tull, who made an album mocking progressive rock known as Thick as a Brick.

Here is just an excerpt from a 45 minute song:

From there I explored his previous albums, my favourite one of his is Stand Up, which leant more on the side of blues rock than anything I have heard in TAAB.

Example:

This is really what happened with most bands: I just explore and discover entire new genres.

7296799
Don't you just love it when you get to the end of a canceled story and see a song of one of your top 5 favorite bands? :raritystarry:

As for the story, interesting concept with the languages, but not executed as best it could be.

This story had a very sarcastic tone that I wouldn't normally associate with MLP. I also didn't feel the voices of the characters matched up well with their TV Counterparts.

Hopefully your next project will be more fruitful! Good Luck! :yay:

Login or register to comment