• Published 15th Jun 2015
  • 1,337 Views, 6 Comments

A Discorded Chat - strawberrypancakes



What happens when Fluttershy dies and has no one to talk to?

  • ...
8
 6
 1,337

A Discorded Chat

Author's Note:

I just feel kinda depressed right now, and I got inspiration for this. Yay for a new story!
:pinkiehappy: sorry if there are problems about the present and past tense. I wrote the story, then changed my mind about the tense. I even had my friend go through and read it, and she caught a few I didn't. So sorry about that.

Why? We were all so happy together, so why now? As I sat in my room, I cried and wondered why they had to die. Why did I have to be a princess? Sometimes, I got angry with Princess Celestia. She should have made them princesses, or let me die too. I know that the Princess has a plan for me, I know that I need to live. We were the Elements Of Harmony, we should have been together. Why did Spike have to leave me? He was my assistant. He was like a son to me. If Spike was there, he would have told me to talk to the Princesses, or he would talk to me. Princess Luna and Celestia are in Fillydelphia, and Cadence was busy taking care of her daughter Princess Skyla. I don't know any other immortals like me. Then it dawned on me, Discord.

It had been two days since Fluttershy's death, and has sad as I was. I don't think anypony was as sad as Discord. He tried to cast a spell on her to make her immortal, and sometimes I wish she had accepted his offer. He even said that he would make the other elements immortal too. Fluttershy knew that wasn't healthy though, and I was afraid he would cast it again, but he wouldn't do that to her. I was worried that he would rebel when she died, but instead he stayed at her cottage and did Celestia knows what. He's my best bet at talking to somepony. Besides, I needed to get out that castle anyway.

As I arrived at Fluttershy's old cottage, there was a flash of light.

"Hello Princess, have you come here to lecture me?"

"No Discord," I replied, "Actually, I was wondering if you have a moment to talk." His expression became more serious when I don't yell at him.

"Alright." He said and let me in. I noticed how the cottage looks the same as when Fluttershy lived here. As I sat down on the couch, I noticed the picture of Discord and Fluttershy together on what I suppose was one of there get togethers.

"I'm sorry about Fluttershy, I know you must miss her dearly." I say. As I said her name, his face turned grim, not the usual smirk that I'm used too.

"Yes I do. I still don't understand why she wouldn't stay with me." He said.

"She knew it wasn't right." I said. He just rolled his eyes.

"What did you want anyway?" He asked.

"Oh, well this is kind of embarrassing for me, but-" I was cut off.

"Let me guess, you came to dear old Dissy for a talk about immortality, then we're going to find that we have something to bond over." He said.

"Pretty much." I said.

"Well forget it!" He snapped."I don't want to talk about Fluttershy, or any other of those worthless ponies."

"D-Did you just call Fluttershy worthless?" I asked. His eyes widened.

"Never! don't you even joke about that Sparkle!" He practically yelled. "Fluttershy was my closest friend, and if you dare make fun of her or speak badly about her, you will pay. Do I make myself clear?!" By now he has gotten in my face about this and I can tell he means business. So I nod quickly.

"Have you ever gotten upset with the princesses because she died?" I asked, trying to talk to him.

"All the time. I don't get why they let you of all ponies be a princess. Fluttershy could have been the best princess. Even better than Princess Sun Butt. I suppose you'll have to do." He said. It made me think.

"What if you got rid of your powers, you would die with her and you could be free." With this he looks down. I think there is something else going on here.

"I tried. After Fluttershy refused my offer of immortality, I got rid of my powers by giving them to a flower. Then Celestia found out. She wouldn't let me do it, I just wish to be with Fluttershy again." He says. Now something is really wrong. No, there isn't something wrong with him, there is something wrong with me. All this time I was focused on my own feelings, and I never once considered his. I knew he missed her, but not like this. Then, a thought comes to me.

"Discord, did you love Fluttershy?" I asked,I'm afraid to know the answer. It would explain a lot, but did Fluttershy love him?

"No." He said and looked down glumly, and I felt a wave of relieve wash over me.

"I still do." I felt my eyes widen. He loves her. That explains why she could reform him. That's why he got so jealous at the gala.

"I'm so sorry Discord, I-I had no idea how much you loved her." I say. He looks up and sneers at me.

"You're not. You just feel sorry for yourself. Because you lost your friends, you won't ever understand and neither will Sun Butt! I pleaded with her so many times to let her live or let me die! She is selfish and so are you! This conversation turned from you to me, and I know why! You came here to mock me, to make me say that I love her. Now your going to say horrible things about her and me, you can take your rudeness and leave if you do so!" He yelled at me. I just stared at him the entire time. He was right. About me not understanding, about me being selfish and about me thinking wrongly of him. There was just one thing I needed to ask.

"I have another question." I said, and he nodded to let me know I could ask.

"Did you ever tell her, and if you did, did she love you in return?" He had a sad smile on his face when I asked this.

"Yes, I told her and yes, she loved me too." He said this sadly, and now I understand. Now I realize how hard this was for them. To keep this a secret and to be honest, I didn't blame them. But then I remembered something Princess Celestia told me.

"What will you do without her? Will you love somepony else?"

"I've decided to take life one step at a time, and decide as I go on. No, I would never ever replace my darling Fluttershy." He sounded so certain, I felt bad for Princess Celestia.

"Also, yes. I know Sun Butt likes me. Don't think that I'm going to ever be with her though." He said

"Why?" I asked.

"Because Celestia is the most selfish pony in Equestria! She let Fluttershy die! For that she will never be forgiven." He snarled.

"Discord, I get it. You don't like her because of Fluttershy. That's normal, but Celestia can also be very kind." I said, I needed to stick up for the Princess. Discord just shook his head.

"You still don't get it do you? Fluttershy was considering my offer after I had promised to make the others immortal as well. That was around the time of the Gala-" it was my turn to cut him off.

"The Gala when you invited the smooze?" I asked.

"No, three years after that." He said.

"Ok, continue please." I said and motioned him to go on.

"Anyways, at the Gala I saw her talk with Sun Butt, and I can almost guarantee you that they were talking about the offer I made her. The next day she told me no, that was when I told her that I loved her and that I needed her to stay with me. She told me that she loves me too, but that it wasn't what Celestia would want. To be honest, I don't care what Celestia would want, and I wish I had cast the spell anyway." He said angrily. Another question came to me.

"Why didn't you?" I asked and he just looked at me sadly.

"Because I didn't want to force her to be with me." He told me. I knew that he meant it too.

"Why did you want to talk to me Twilight? Did you just want to make me feel bad?" He asked sincerely.

"I needed to talk about her, about all of them. There was no one else to talk to. Besides, I knew you missed Fluttershy." I said.

"I guess I needed to talk too. You can come over anytime Sparkle, I'll be here." He said and he looked happier too. I nodded to let home know that I would.

THE END

Comments ( 6 )

it's sorta bittersweet but it's cute

Is twilight trying to hook up Discord and Celestia?

10367142
Heck, looking back on this it sure seems like it lmao

10367170
Gland to know I wasn’t going crazy.

Login or register to comment