• Published 17th Jun 2015
  • 746 Views, 5 Comments

Friendship Amongst The Stars - Thunder Brony



An alien space craft crashes in the ever free forest durring a meteor shower and the pilot enlists the help of Twilight and her friends

  • ...
4
 5
 746

Kindness has its rewards

Back in Ponyville Twilight and the others were walking around town as Rarity and Fluttershy went to the Ponyville spa for their weekly visit. As they entered they were greeted by Aloe who smiled softly.

Rarity and Fluttershy also smiled.

Aloe said “good afternoon ladies will it be the usual?”

Both Rarity and Fluttershy nodded in unison.

Fluttershy smiled and said “I would also like a wing and feather massage.”

Aloe said “follow me.”

They went into a room laid down on 2 tables as 2 masseuses entered the room one Pegasus and one Earth pony.

Rarity said “I have never seen you two here before.”

The Earth pony smiled and said “we just started a few days ago I’m Lilly Belle” pointing to the pegasus this is Blue Rainbow.”

Lilly Belle went to Rarity’s table Blue Rainbow went to Fluttershy’s and the 2 mares began to give their customers a rubdown.

Lilly said “did you heard about the good fortune of Crystal Star?”

Rarity said “oh, what good fortune has befallen her?”

Lilly said “she got an all-expense paid trip to Esko-Balto and the feline bay.”

Rarity said “that sounds simply divine.”

Fluttershy said “I wish I could take a trip like that.”

Rarity nodded “maybe after the interlopers are bested from our land we all could take such a trip.”

Lilly said “I heard it was credited to the royal account.”

Both Rarity and Fluttershy looked up at each other in surprise Rarity then looked at Lilly and said “oh?”

Blue Rainbow said “yes my brother is an accountant to the royal treasury and he told me about it he thought it was a little strange he said such an action has never been done before.”

Rarity said “that is a little strange.”

After they finished at the spa they returned to the castle and told Twilight what they heard.

Twilight said “Esko-Balto are you sure?”

Both Rarity and Fluttershy nodded.

Twilight said “that does not make sense Esko-Balto is the zebra homeland.”

Rarity and Fluttershy looked at each other and then at Twilight and Fluttershy asked what does this mean?”

Twilight said “I don’t know but something is not right the princess has never sent any pony on an all-expense paid trip anywhere. They pay their guards and retainers they receive vacation time as well as sick leave and other related expenses.”

Fluttershy asked “what does that mean?”

Twilight said “I’m not sure but we should keep our eyes open.”

The three went to see Kendar who was examining the device that was extracted from the Malctitude under a microscope. He was engrossed in the examination and did not see them enter “fascinating.”

Twilight made a sound getting his attention “are we disturbing you?”

Kendar looked up from his work shook his head “no come in” he pointed to the device this is interesting.”

Twilight asked “what is it?”

Kendar said “this is a magnetic scanner and transmitter the Pontian’s tried to use it to replicate you magic.”

Twilight and Rarity both blinked in astonishment Twilight said “how is that possible? Even we don’t fully understand how it works.”

Kendar arched an eyebrow and said “you don’t?”

The 2 mares shook their heads Twilight said “we always thought it was a part of who we were.”

Kendar smiled and said “you are partially correct based on my research I have determined your magic is derived primarily from your sun.”

Both Twilight and Rarity said “what?”

Kendar said “your sun is a KV sequence magnetar which emits very strong electromagnetic energies.”

Twilight asked “don’t all stars do that?”

Kendar nodded “yes every star in the universe emits electromagnetic energies but a KV magnetar is the strongest type, the energy is also absorbed by and emitted from your planet’s core. Your horn acts as an amplifier that is how you are able levitate and move objects.”

Twilight asked “what about spells like teleportation?”

Kendar said “spells are derived from various electromagnetic frequencies from the electromagnetic spectrum.” He picked up a quill and parchment and wrote an equation in it F = c/x or F = E/h or E = hc/A

Rarity just stared at it and said “I don’t understand any of it.”

Twilight said “it makes some sense to me.”

Kendar explained the meaning of the equation Twilight nodded in understanding Rarity was just confused and said with a smile “science has never been my best subject.”

Twilight said “it means your horn is powered by the energy around you.”

Rarity nodded and said with a chuckle “that’s something ever Rainbow Dash can understand.”

Kendar continued “that equation is the basis of the electromagnetic spectrum the type of spell you cast depends on the frequency teleportation is a form of dimension jumping. It works by placing the caster in another dimension one where speed is enhanced. The amount of energy they use determines how far they can travel.” He smiled looked at Twilight and smiled “I heard about that duel you had with Trixie and coendured a parasprite. When you coendured it you opened a miniature wormhole and age spells a form of time dilation. The magnetic spectrum is not exclusive to unicorns. Pegeasi store energy in their fetlocks which act in a similar way to a unicorn’s horn. Allowing them to walk on and manipulate clouds. The same thing with Earth ponies when they walk on the ground they absorb the energy this gives them their strength. When one of them bucks something the energy stored in their flanks and fetlocks accelerates their hooves this also gives them the ability to run fast.”

Twilight said “that explains a lot of things.”

Rarity nodded in agreement “it does take some of the” she paused “magic out of things” then smiled “no pun intended.”

Kendar smiled and held up the device “I’ve been examining this device it is a transmitter I think I can alter it to send a false signal after I complete the alterations I will need all of you to use your elements on it.”

Twilight Fluttershy and Rarity all nodded.

Twilight asked “when will it be ready?”

Kendar said “in about 2 solar cycles.”

Fluttershy said ”I’ll tell the others.”

Back at the Pontian base Hydoria was talking to Chrysalis he asked Chrysalis “is your drone ready?”

Chrysalis nodded “ready, all I have to give is the order.”

Hydoria said “the order is given.”

Chrysalis’s horn glowed and slowly pulsed back in Ponyville a pegasus perked up and took to the air and soon arrived at the Pontian base. It landed in front of the changeling queen bowed it’s head and shifted to its root form Chrysalis stared at the drone it nodded. Then took the form of a pegasus and returned to Ponyville went behind a building then shifted to the form of Crystal Star.

The Crystal Star imposter entered the town and went to the Mayor’s office the Mayors assistant Crescent Ruby saw her and said “Crystal what are you doing here? I thought you were going to Esko-Balto, last week it was all you talked about.”

Crystal said “I changed my mind I decided to stay here and do my duty.”

Ruby arched an eyebrow “really?”

Crystal nodded “with all the problems were facing taking a vacation would not be prudent.”

Ruby said “that makes sense but at the same time thought this does not make sense she was so excited about going on that trip.

As she left the Mayor’s office she was deep in thought and was not paying attention to where she was going as a result she bumped into a pony. Snapping out of her daze she said “oh I’m sor-” looking up she realized it was her brother Thunder Kicker she jumped up and hugged the stallion “Thunder I didn’t know you were in town.”

Thunder said with a smile “I wanted to surprise you but when I arrived I met a strange pony.”

Ruby said “let me guess a hyperactive pink Earth pony?”

Thunder nodded “yes you know that pony?”

Ruby chuckled said “that’s Pinkie Pie the town party pony.”

Thunder said “Pinkie Pie that name sounds familiar” after thinking for a moment he said “I remember now. I saw her in Apple loosa when she got mad at a tan Earth pony for breaking a promise” he smiled “remind me never to make her mad.”

At the same time in the Dragon lands Troezen and Zamjar were talking Troezen said “the Pontians are trying to back engineer this planet’s magic.”

Zamjar said “is that possible?”

Troezen said “yes before I was sent to Ponyville I overheard something about the science of the magic used here having something to do with this planets star. They want to use that power to their advantage. He shook his head “if they succeed they will be unstoppable and won’t stop until they concur the universe and enslave us all.”

Zamjar nodded in understanding and said “I wish you could stay.”

Troezen said “I wish I could too but I should to return to the Pontian base hopefully there will be some who will listen to reason.” He smiled “and visit Ponyville as well as the kind pegsus wo helped me in my time of need.”

Zamjar said “don’t stay away too long.”

Troezen said “come with me.”

Zamjar said “I wish I could but I am needed here based on what you told me someone needs to help spread word about their motives.” He shrugged who knows maybe I can form a coalition” he thought for a moment then said “I have an idea come with me I want to show you something.” Troezen followed Zamjar to a small dwelling and entered the building he smiled and said come on in” as Troezen entered Zamjar said “welcome to my home.”

Troezen looked around “nice place.”

Zamjar smiled “its small by dragon standards I hope to find a larger place soon” he looked around and soon found something “ah here it is.” He handed Troezen a small device that could be worn around the wrist.

Troezen asked “what’s this?”

Zamjar said “that is a that communicator if you need help just lift the flap and tap the crystal in the center it will contact me he held up a similar device I will be there as soon as I can.”

Troezen nodded placed the device on his wrist shook claws with Zamjar “I’ll see you soon.”

Zamjar said “I wish you could stay and we could play a few more pranks.”

Troezen smiled and said as he stepped outside the domicile “next time we meet we should set aside some time for pranking” Zamjar smiled and nodded. Troezen smiled and took to the air he turned back to see Zamjar standing in the entrance. He waved good bye to Troezen did the same as he faded into the distance.

Back at the Pontian base Hydoria and Kalios were standing outside Hydoria asked “what is the status of the Malctitude?”

Kalios said “so far no transmissions my lord.”

Hydoria frowned “I don’t like that we should have received transmission by now.”

Kalios was about to say something when he heard a flapping sound and asked “do you hear that?”

Hydoria said “yes what is that?”

Kalios said “I don’t know my liege he pulled an visual enhancement device from his belt bringing the approaching unknown creature visually closer. He said with a surprise “no it can’t be.”

Hydoria said “what do you see commander?”

Kalios said still with a bit of surprise-”I-I think it’s Troezen.”

Hydoria asked “how is that possible?”

Kalios put the enhancement device away and said “he’s approaching maybe we should ask him my liege.

Troezen landed in front of the two stood up and nodded his head “greetings my liege I have returned.”

Kalios said “Troezen is it really you? Your body was never found we thought you were dead.”

Troezen said “yes it’s me I have returned.”

Kalios asked “where have you been? We sent out search parties but never found you.”

Troezen said “I was shot down over that monster ridden forest but that is not important I have returned.”

Hydoria said “that’s all well and good” he pulled a device from his belt and pressed a button and smiled.

Soon a flapping sound was heard moments later a creature similar to Troezen landed and stood up.

Hydoria said “Troezen meet Vidar.”

Vidar said “it’s almost like looking in a mirror” he grinned wickedly and said “so this is the prototype I’ve heard about.”

Troezen said with surprise “prototype?” He looked at Vidar then at Hydoria and said “you replaced me?”

Hydoria said “since your body was never found I created Vidar don’t worry you can serve as his subordinate.”

Troezen scowled folded his arms and said “and if I refuse?”

Hydoria said “in the event you refuse to accept my gracious offer you will be labeled a traitor and an enemy of the Pontian Empire and will be banned from all Pontian planetary systems.”

Troezen lowered his head and sighed.

Hydoria said “what is your decision?”

Troezen looked up with an annoyed scowl took to the air and shot a small fireball at Hydoria’s feet.

Hydoria jumped back and said “so be it Troezen” pointing a finger he said angrily “you will never be welcome in my ranks again.”

Vidar said “let me at em’ my liege I’ll melt that traitor into the ground.”

Hydoria said “no let him feel the crushing weight of loneliness and living in isolation that is a better punishment than anything we could do.”

Vidar smiled wickedly and said “as you wish my lord.”

Troezen could hear them murmuring but could not make out what they were saying as he flew away from the base he could feel a sense of sadness. He looked back one last time he could see all three of them staring at him Vidar had an angry scowl. He just turned his head and flew away from the base after a short time he came to a small rock formation. He landed on one of the short peaks sighed and looked around to his right and saw a large mountain with a city on the side of it. Looking straight ahead and a nearby town with a castle in the distance he smiled lifted into the air and approached the town. He smiled as he remembered the town was the home of the kind pony that helped him in his time of need.

Meanwhile in Twilights castle Twilight and the others were discussing the situation regarding Crystal Star’s sudden change of heart.

Twilight said “it is unusual for any pony to be given a free trip to an exotic land as far as I know no pony has ever been given all-expense paid trip to anywhere. Time off if needed yes but for an Equestrian citizen to turn down a first time free trip to anywhere is highly unusual.”

Cadence said “I wonder if a changeling has infiltrated the town.”

Twilight said “if that is true then we should increase our reconnaissance.”

Turning to Shinning she said “Shinning, I would like you will be our reconnaissance pony since they do not suspect you are with us and Synora can only project to one place at a time. I need you to poke around and find what you can and if you possible other insurgents. Your Capitan of the royal guard skills are best suited for this task also you can go to places like Canterlot and not stick out.” Her face softened “I want you to know this is a request one you are perfectly free to decline.

Shinning said “I accept the mission and maybe I can get a few others to join our cause.”

Twilight nodded as the two shared a hug she said “be careful out there.”

Shinning said “I will” he walked over and kissed Cadence “I’ll be back soon.”

Cadence smiled and nodded “see you soon.”

As shinning left the castle he heard a flapping sound in the distance he saw something pass near the town and decend near the Everfree forest. Curiosity peaked he went to the area near Fluttershy’s cottage he Troezen standing around. He approached the creature and addressed him directly “hi Dragnor.”

Troezen turned around “hi shinning have you seen Fluttershy?”

Shining asked “what’s the code word?”

Troezen said with a smirk “cupcakes.”

Shinning smiled nodded and said “welcome back.”

Troezen said “it’s good to be back.”

Shinning smiled “Fluttershy is in Twilights castle.”

Troezen thanked Shinning and took to the air not wanting to arouse suspicion he set off the alarms in the town kept to the outskirts he landed nearby and walked to the castle.

Inside the castle Fluttershy and the others were talking when a knock came on the door Spike went to answer it as he opened the door he saw Troezen standing at the entrance.

Troezen said “hi Spike is Fluttershy here?”

Spike said “hi Dragnor come on in.”

As Troezen entered the castle he passed by the alarm and it did not go off Spike smiled.

Troezen said “Spike I want to surprise the others.”

Spike nodded as Troezen hide in the shadows as Spike went to the throne room.

Twilight asked “Spike who was at the door?”

Spike said with a smile “an old friend?”

Twilight asked “an old friend who?”

Troezen said as he entered the room “that would be me.”

Fluttershy jumped up and flew to the Malctidragon and wrapped her legs around him “you came back.”

The others cheered and came around gathering around Troezen smiled embracing them all “it’s good to be back.”

Fluttershy asked “did your memory come back?”

Troezen nodded as he entered the room and sat down near the thrones as the others sat on their thrones he told them about Zamjar and the events at the Pontian base.

Fluttershy said “you got exiled? That’s just awful.”

The others nodded Twilight said “it seems you have nowhere to go you’re welcome to stay here with us.”

Troezen smiled “thank you, after I left the Pontian base I decided to come here” he smiled softly during my time with Dargo the dragon king he taught me the dragon code. Nobility, gratitude truth, honor, shivery and loyalty.” He turned to look at Fluttershy and continued “this pegasus showed me kindness in my time of need.” He shook his head sadly “it seems compassion and fore mentioned code of the dragon are values the Pontians do not possess. They are more interested in power and conquest.”

Applejack asked “what will ya do now?”

Troezen lowered his head “I wish to join you and put a stop to the Pontians” looking up he continued “I also wish to distance myself from my former life and change my name.” He looked at the ponies and said with a smile “call me Dragnor.”

The others all nodded and Dragnor smiled.

At the same time in Canterlot the train from Ponyville pulled into the station and Shinning Armor disembarked. He looked around and saw a poster on one of the poster boards a picture of Cadence. Below was text that read Wanted this pony has committed crimes against the princess’s and has been exiled from Equestria but may attempt to return. If seen in the kingdom contact a royal guard member. Ponies with information leading to a capture will be rewarded 1,500 bits.

Shinning just shook his head sadly.

Suddenly a mares voice came from behind “Shinning Armor long time so see.”

Shinning turned and saw a pony he knew from the training academy an Earth pony named Velvet Ember he remembered how she quickly rose up through the ranks. She was the youngest pony ever to reach the rank of commander he smiled “hello Velvet how have you been?”

Velvet smiled I’m fine how have you been?”

Shinning said “I’ve been doing well I’m just returning to Canterlot after being away for so long.”

Velvet said “come let’s get some lunch and catch up.”

Shinning agreed and they went into the city and came to a restaurant it was a saucer shaped structure with windows all around the building. It sat on a on a cone shaped pillar that was slender at the top and extended outwards as it got closer to the ground Shinning watched as the building slowly rotated. He looked at the sign Skybound Restaurant and smiled “I haven’t eaten here in years. I love how if you get a window seat you can see as far as Neyhagra falls as you eat your meal.”

Velvet said “I was here several months ago I love their stuffed cabbage rolls you really have to try them.”

Shining smiled softly “alright.”

The two went inside the restaurant it was not crowed soon a unicorn matre d' came to greet them “greetings welcome to the Skybound restaurant will it be a table for two today?”

Both shinning and Velvet nodded as the matre d' levitated 2 menus “would you like a table or a booth?”

Velvet said “a window table please.”

The matre d' said “this way.”

They followed the matre d' to a nearby window table then passed them the menus “a server will be with you soon.”

They looked out the window and the view was spectacular they watched as the building moved slowly giving them a view of the landscape Shinning said with a smile “there is the Unicorn range, Ponyville and Rambling Rock Ridge.”

Velvet said “last time I was here I could see Couldsdayle I saw pegesi coming and going.”

Shining said “nice I wish I could have seen that.”

Moments later a unicorn stallion came to their table placed 2 waters on the table and said “good afternoon I am Ember Crescent and I will be your server today. Would you like something to drink?”

Looking at the menu Shinning said “I would like the lemon lime zest.”

Velvet said I’ll have that too.”

Ember smiled and went to get their drinks after returning with them he said “have you decided on your orders?”

Shining said “I’ll have the stuffed cabbage rolls and cucumber sandwich and a side salad with vinaigrette dressing.”

Velvet said “I’ll have the stuffed cabbage rolls a daffodil sandwich and a side salad with extra tomatoes and olive dressing.”

Ember wrote the orders on a pad then levitated the menus smiled and said “good choices I will return soon.”

As Ember left Velvet said “what brings you to Canterlot I thought you lived in the Crystal Empire.”

Shinning said “I’m here on a secret mission I’m not at liberty to discuss the details but I can say it is vital to Equestrian security.”

Velvet said “understood” she looked around and said “there are rumors going around a group of rebels are planning a coup to overthrow Celestia.”

Shinning arched an eyebrow “you don’t believe that do you?”

Velvet said “no not really but considering the current climate can we afford to take any chances.”

Shinning said “no I guess not.”

Just then Ember came levitating 2 trays of food placing the orders in front of the 2 ponies said with a smile to Shinning “stuffed cabbage rolls and cucumber sandwich” placing the plate in front of him “and a side salad with vinaigrette” doing the same to Velvet. “Stuffed cabbage rolls cucumber sandwich side salad with extra tomatoes and olive dressing” he smiled again “if you need anything else let me know” as he turned to leave.

Velvet continued from where she left off “I know it’s just a rumor but it may hold validity based on what I heard.”

Shinning said “what did you hear?”

Velvet said “somepony named Miamora Cadenssa is the leader of some faction and they are building an army.”

Shinning smiled cynically and said “next time a bird whispers in your ear make sure it’s not a looney bird.”

Velvet chuckled “be that as it may I am aware of the fact that something big is happening, not too long ago Prince Rutherford of Yackyackastan signed a treaty with the Pontians.”

Shinning said “I heard about that.”

Velvet said “did you hear it was only after some flying beast attacked their city?”

Shinning played along and said “oh?”

Velvet said “yes and my home town of Trottingham could be next.”

Shinning said “possibly.”

Velvet said “I will not allow my home town to be invaded by those barbarians I have a cousin who lives in Hoofall and they were invaded by 6 legged monsters and bipedal creatures with arms on their heads that decimated the town. Not long after the devastation another bipedal creature came and said they could remove the monsters if they joined them.”

Shinning said “Hoofall, I’ve heard of that its south of here near the Equestrian border right?”

Velvet nodded “yes they are forming a coalition to deal with the problem I also heard something similar happened in Paxonia.”

Shinning thought for a moment and said “Paxonia that’s the land of the Minotaur isn’t it?”

Velvet nodded “at this rate they will take over the entire world.”

Shinning said “I heard something about a rebellious faction“

Velvet said “that’s promising I know of a few as well.”

Shinning smiled and said “I will seek them out and make contact with them once I do I will contact you.”

Velvet asked “how will I know when you make contact?”

Shimming replied meet me back here in 13 moons the code word is dragon.”

At the same time in ponyville Zecora was at the castle talking to Twilight and the others she said “I’m going to my homeland Escko-Balto near the feline bay. I will be leaving later today I won’t be gone too long so do not sing sad song. I have a favor to ask a relatively simple task I need a break from my rut while I’m gone can someone watch my hut?”

Twilight and the others all nodded in unison Applejack said “of course sugar cube we would be happy to watch your place while you’re gone.”

Zecora nodded and smiled “I hope to see my family it has been a long time I hope they are still in their prime.” She smiled softly “I know they will be glad to see me I hope we can talk over tea.”

Twilight and the others escorted Zecora to the train station.

Before the train departed Zecora said “farewell pony friends I will see you after my trip ends I will miss you all during my vacation now I must board the train at this station.”

She hung out a window and waved goodbye as the train disembarked as Twilight and the others waved goodbye.

Comments ( 1 )

Two years and the cover art’s typo hasn’t been fixed. lol
You spelt friendship as “Frienship”

Login or register to comment