• Published 17th Jun 2015
  • 746 Views, 5 Comments

Friendship Amongst The Stars - Thunder Brony



An alien space craft crashes in the ever free forest durring a meteor shower and the pilot enlists the help of Twilight and her friends

  • ...
4
 5
 746

Exploring possible origins

Across the universe on Pontus the gladiator Night-Mare is gaining quite a reputation as a fighter so far her record stands at undefeated. But at the same time she feels as if something is missing. Many times during her down time she wondered about her origins and being the only one of her kind on the entire planet did not help. She considered the possibility she was the only one of her kind or perhaps the last of her species. One day she went to the games organizer Lambadar.

Matscuf went to Lambadar’s office and entered Lambadar said “hi Matscuf what can I do for you?

Matscuf said “I have noticed I am the only one of my kind on this planet the only clue I have is on the planet Unaria. I wish to take a leave and explore the planet and maybe see if I can find where I come from and if there are other like me.”

Lambadar said “you are our star gladiator you keep billions of beings entertained who will take your place if you take a leave?”

Matscuf said “I know that but I cannot perform as well as I could with this distraction somewhere in the back of my mind.”

Lambadar asked “I see how long will you be gone and who will take your place?”

Matscuf said “I’m not sure you could chance the games up a little while I’m gone maybe set up competition to determine the best of the best the winner gets to face me.”

Lambadar thought for a moment “hmmm that has possibilities” he picked up a pad and pressed a few buttons “yes a few monsters and some pitting matches, very well take your leave when you return you may have a competitor waiting for you.”

Matscuf bowed “thank you I hope the competitor is worthy of my skills.”

Lambadar said “we shall see.”

Matscuf left the office stopped by her home and placed a par of bags over her back something about that seemed familiar but she was not sure how or why. She brushed it off and placed a scanner and a side arm in the bags then she left for the ship hanger. When she arrived she boarded a ship once inside she found the ship was designed for bipedal beings with appendages. She sighed and activated her horn and brought the console to life pressing the buttons to move the ship. She watched as the ship left orbit she looked back at the planet and was amazed at the sight. She marveled for a moment then said “computer show chart of Unarian system” the computer displayed a 3-D image of the star system on the screen. A blue dot hovered over the planet Unaria it was the 5th planet in a system of 7. She said “computer set course for planet Unaria” the ship’s engines engaged and the ship accelerated.

At the same time on Pontus Hydoria is in his palace looking out the window when a voice comes through the communication device on his desk “Zabador to Hydoria.”

Hydoria pressed a button “Hydoria here this better be important.”

Zabador said “it is my lord I have a prototype devise based on the scan from the quadrupedal gladiator.”

Hydoria said “good bring it to me.”

A short time later the door opened and Zabador entered the room holding a small triangular device and bowed then said “this is is the device based on the scan of the gladiator’s brain.”

Hydoria said “very good what can it do?”

Zabador said “as I said this is only a prototype but this is what it can do see that spherical ball on the edge of your desk?”

Hydoria nodded “yes.”

Zabador smiled “this is one of the abilities more can be added as we learn them.”

He placed the device on the table then pointed the triangle at the sphere then pressed a button a small antenna like device emerged from the triangle. The tip began to glow and the sphere levitated and moved to the left then to the right.

Hydoria smiled and asked “how long will it take to complete?”

Zabador said “about 2 zorbons.”

Hydoria said “good build it.”

Zabador bowed and said “yes my lord” then bowed and left after returning the lab

Once in the lab Zabador began working on the device.

Back in the palace Hydoria pressed a button “Hydoria to Kalios.”

A voice replied “this is Kalios.”

Hydoria said “we have replicated some of the gladiator’s abilities on the planet your on are there any rebellious factions?”

Kalios said “not that I am aware of my lord we have taken control of the region. Metzel is the second in command and is controlling the leader. Also we have deposed one of the empires leaders and one of our allies now controls it.”

Hydoria said “good now that we have the one region under our control and one allied with us what’s left to concur?

Kalios said “based on what I understand there are the Dragon Alliance and the Griffin Empires.”

Hydoria said “proceed.”

Kalios said “yes my lord.”

Meanwhile elsewhere in the universe Matscuf is approaching the planet Unaria it was a strange planet was 22,528 km in diameter with 2 moons. The atmosphere was 40% nitrogen 20% carbon dioxide 30% argon 10% oxygen and other trace gases. The most unusual feature was the planet had thin and white equatorial rings. As she approached the planet she noticed it had a pinkish purple hue to it. A scan showed the predominant presence of argon and the electromagnetic radiation from the planets star exited the argon almost making the planet glow. As she entered the atmosphere she noticed the planet had a great deal of plant fauna. She approached a land mass on the western continent and saw a clearing As she approached she noticed it was a grassland when she landed she stepped out of the ship and the first thing she noticed was the air was very warm she went back inside for a moment.

She said “computer what is the outside temperature?”

The computer said “temperature is 21ᴼ C.”

She said “is that planet wide?”

The computer replied “temperature declines to the north and south the coolest point is -10ᴼ C.”

She scanned the area she found some creatures 220 meters to the north. She walked down the ramp and on to the ground it was soft under her hooves. She took to the air and went to the location where the creatures were located and soon found them. They were similar to her in design in that they had 4 legs a mane and tail and a head but had 3 eyes landing nearby she approached the heard. The creatures lifted their heads nervously looked at her then resumed eating the fauna.

Curious she lowered her head and sampled the fauna only to be repulsed by the taste she quickly spit it out “YUCK!”

Turning her attention the the creatures she said “hello my name is Matscuf.”

The creature said nothing she spoke again and still nothing confused she took out her scanner and found the creature lacked the ability to speak or comprehend language. Suddenly the creature jerked its head up looked around again nervously. Then it took off running and the heard followed leaving Matscuf confused. She had a strange feeling like there was something behind her turning around she saw a large beast fast approaching. It was almost as large as she was and was covered in a greenish yellow fur. Thinking quickly she activated her horn and enveloped the beast in a bluish aura of magic.

She asked “what do you think you doing?”

Silence the beast struggled to get free of the magical cage it was trapped in she moved the beast a short distance away and released it. The beast tried again to ponce this time she shot a beam at the beast knocking it back staggering to its feet it ran away. Matscuf sighed when she heard a horrid sound a deafening roar tore through the air and the ground shook. Suddenly a giant scaly beast emerged from the trees it was 10 meters long with deep reddish orange scaly skin. 73 cm long arms on each side of its body and 3 fingers with sharp curved claws. The head was full of 20 cm long teeth. Thinking quickly Matscuf took to the air leaving the creature very confused as it sniffed the ground. She levitated her scanner out of her bag and found the creature was a selenium based life form it breathed in nitrogen an exhaled nitrous oxide. She watched as the monster slowly walked away. She wondered how a gladiator in the arena would fair against such a beast. She smiled wickedly and made a mental note to speak to Lambadar when she returned to Pontus.

She returned to her ship and said “computer scan for lifeforms with DNA similar to mine.”

The computer paused for a moment and then said “scan complete no DNA matches found.”

Matscuf felt a sense of disappointment wondering if she would ever find her origins or if there were others similar to her. The thought of being the last of her kind or possibly alone in the universe left feelings of both emptiness and longing as she left the planet.

Not willing to give up she said “computer scan database for known planets with life forms that have a genetic code similar to mine.”

The computer pressed the request then said “no matches found” she sighed and said “computer set course for Pontus.”

At the time on Pontus Hydoria is talking to Kalios about the various factions on the pony planet.

Kalios said “I have the united dragon alliance may pose a problem if we attack directly they are large and can cause us serious issues.”

Hydoria said “what about the Griffins?”

Kalios replied “they should pose less of a problem.”

Hydoria said “sign treaties with them if they refuse annihilate them I will arrive soon to assist we have duplicated what the inhabitants of the planet your on call magic.”

Kalios said “very nice my lord I will work on it.”

Hydoria contacted Zabador and said “I am going off world contact me when the device is finished.”

Zabador said “yes my lord.”

Hydoria went to his ship and set course for the planet of ponies he made a mental note to ask what the name of the planet was. When he arrived he found Kalios and requested an update on the progress of planetary acquisition Kalios told him about the fall of the Crystal Empire/

Hydoria smiled “you have done well.”

Kalios said “I plan to send in the Malctitude as soon as the scouts return from the Griffin Empire.”

Hydoria said “excellent what about the dragon alliance territory?”

Kalios said “scouts are looking into that as well.”

Just then a scout returned a being came out of the ship and saluted then said “Cmdr. Sanzina returning from the Griffin territory.”

Kalios said “report.”

Sanzina said “the Griffins should not pose much of a problem.”

At the same time another ship landed and another being emerged and saluted “Lt. Solmar returning from the dragon alliance territory.”

Kalios said “report.”

Solmar said “dragons are very large fire breathing creatures and they could potentially crush us if they were to attack.”

Kalios asked “how large are they?”

Solmar said “some are as large as large as a Benarian Vlorbox.”

Kalios said “WHAT?!”

Hydoria said “sign a treaty with them be sure to offer them something they would want.”