• Published 7th Jun 2015
  • 559 Views, 8 Comments

Applejack's Parents - Catsofwar108



How did Applejack's parents meet?

  • ...
0
 8
 559

Emerald Eyes

"Dad? Mom?"

"Yes, Honey Blossom?"

A deep breath. "I'm moving to Canterlot."

Silence.

"You're okay with that, right?"

"Y-yes. Of course! We just... didn't expect it so soon."

A deep silence filled with emotions.

"Never forget your heritage, Honey. We are Oranges!"

"I know."

"Goodbye, Honey Blossom."

"Goodbye, Mom, Dad."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The glorious towers and impossible balancing act that is Canterlot proudly stood above Honey Blossom's head. Her honey colored, freckled face looked upward, trying to take a picture of all of Canterlot in that one moment with her sky blue eyes. The sun was setting, painting the sky with the differing hues of yellow and orange that made up her mane and tail.

Pushing through the crowded train car to the station platform, Honey stepped out into the fading sunlight. She began to walk toward the ornate giant gate doors, then blinked. How would she find the way to her apartment? Doing a quick turn-about, Honey quickly bought a cheap map, and continued her walk towards the brilliant city.

Her first step into Canterlot took her breath away. It was everything Honey had imagined. The promise of a new life seemed to whisper from the very buildings. Haughty ponies walked through the city, their noses impossibly high in the air. This didn't bother Honey Blossom however. She had been around these types of ponies all her life, along with the worst of what pony society could offer. Manehatten was beautifully dangerous that way. A quick wave of nostalgia washed over Honey, but it quickly passed. A new life! She walked forward, ready to start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Stupid map!"

The sun had long since set, taking the light with it. As Canterlot tried it's best to be respectful to Luna's night, there were no street lamps, meaning that Honey had a very good chance of reading the map wrong.

Honey squinted at the surrounding buildings, finally taking notice that she seemed to be in the tarnished part of Canterlot's shining medallion of being perfect. Shady ponies stalked the street corners, causing the hair on the back of her neck to rise. Eyes stared at her from ally ways. She shivered and moved more quickly.

"Hey Sweety."

Sweat began to bead on Honey's head despite the cool night.

"I was talking to ya."

She turned quickly to see a purple stallion stalk out of the shadows. "Yes? What do you want?"

"How 'bout that flank?"

"No. Leave me alone before I call the guards." That almost always worked in Manehatten. Most delinquents generally stopped then.

"Yes. The guards wouldn' question a handsome stallion and his mare havin' a mite o' fun in a-"

"Perhaps you didn't hear correctly. I said no and that's final." She turned around and began to stride off, trying to confidently ignore him.

The stallion stepped in front of Honey. "Perhaps ya didn' hear correctly, Sweety. I said yes and that's final." He grinned and lunged towards her, grabbing her hoof so tightly she yelped in pain and fright.

Suddenly from out of an alley way, a green blur smashed into the purple pervert. "She said no!" The blur yelled, sending the purple stallion into the wall of one of the surrounding buildings. The purple stallion whimpered and ran.

The green blur turned out to be a huge green stallion with messy dark yellow hair and a scruffy beard of the same color. He walked back to Honey and looked down at her with emerald green eyes. Honey put on a defensive posture.

"Listen, my patience has been sorely tried tonight. I'm lost and tired, and I met one of the most perverted ponies in all of Equestria. Either you will leave me alone and go on your way, or I will call the guards."

He chuckled and bowed low, taking off a hat that she just now noticed. "Howdy, Miss. Instead of me gettin' arrested and you jus' stayin' lost, why not I help ya find yer way to yer home?"

"And why would I do that? Then you would know where I live, and I don't know you. For all I know, you could be just like that other fellow!"

He leaned back, a hurt look on his face. "I would never be like that stallion! That stallion was mean n' rotten to the core! I'm willin' to take ya to yer house. Just let me."

In the future Honey Blossom would never know what convinced her to trust this strange stallion who appeared in the night. "Okay Mr. Night Stallion. My apartment is on 130 Riverview Avenue."

He began to walk down the street, beckoning her to join him. He whistled long and low. "You sure got yerself turned 'round. That's at least 30 minutes from here."

"Well, that's just great!" She sighed angrily. "I suppose I should tell you my name. I'm Honey Blossom. You?"

"Call me Haralson Apple."

A slightly awkward silence.

"Yer not from Canterlot are ya?"

Honey glanced up at him, startled. "How did you know that?"

"Only somepony who's never been here before can get as turned around as you." Haralson's eyes contained some mirth in them.

"Oh hush you. Don't pretend you're from here either." Honey lightly slugged Haralson in the side.

"And ya knew that how?"

"You have the air and accent of a farmer, not one of those snooty ponies."

Haralson slightly chuckled. "Right n' one. Ah'm from Ponyville, a beautiful little town full of love n' friendship, not tah mention the best durn apple farm there ever was!"

"You might have to show me sometime." Honey said, keeping her eyes ahead.

"Yeah. Yeah I will." Haralson looked down and smiled, his emerald eyes glistening in the moonlight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We're here." A hint of sadness.

"Already?" Honey sighed.

"Stay in touch, alright?" Haralson said.

"I will. Goodbye Mr. Night Stallion."

Before Honey could go inside, however, Haralson ran up to her and whispered in her ear, "Sweet Apple Acres."

"Wha-" She turned around, only to see a quick wink from those emerald eyes, and Haralson Apple melted back into the shadows.

Author's Note:

Yes I know there are street lamps in the show. No I don't care.

I know this is crappy. I'm really tired. Why am I awake? Gah.

Comments ( 8 )

This has more than enough potential to turn into a full-on story rather than a one shot, well done!


...


Rainbow Dash is still best pony though. :rainbowwild:

It wasn't crappy. It just needs a little more work. I like how you made Apple Jack's mother a wanderer from home like Apple Jack once was.

6089241 I'll be honest I didn't even think about that. Tired works in mysterious ways!:applejackconfused:

Pretty much what they said. It was short, almost too short. But it was nice.

6422510
:fluttershyouch:It was... nice. HAHA REFERENCES THAT EVERYONE GETS!!! But thanks! I appreciate it. Also quick question: Do you think I should make a sequel to this, continue/revise this story, or just leave as is?

Feedback plz?:fluttercry:

6424390 I've written a short story and I managed to wrap it up in about 3 chapters (technically the last was a tiny chapter).
I feel like you could maybe flesh this chapter out a bit more, but you could definitely add another chapter or maybe two. I don't mind one shots but this one shot felt like half a shot. I came to the end and I was like "HUH? It's done already. That was fast."
I do like how to give the impression that Haralson is definitely kind but he's also not the pushover "here let me help you, now I'll leave and let you fall in love with me because I'm just a nice guy" type. He's a bit of a rapscallion but he's an honest hardworking one.

6424666 Thanks! I shall take all this into consideration.

You're welcome.
Now if you'll excuse me I've got homework to do. Yay! *sarcasm*

Login or register to comment