• Published 22nd May 2015
  • 7,556 Views, 1,562 Comments

It's OK to Be a Pony - David Silver



Lyra Heartstrings, transformation specialist and social worker for those who believe they were not born ponies. These are her therapy sessions, both in group and in private.

  • ...
53
 1,562
 7,556

PreviousChapters Next
27 - Organizing the Multiverse

Celestia spread her wings wide. "We will have to extend our duties, if temporarily. We have long been stewards of the sky, but, at least for a little while, we should organize this mess." She looked to Luna. "Sister, your talents will be invaluable for this. You've seen the press of the other worlds more clearly, haven't you?"

Luna quickly nodded. "It is much more obvious when patrolling the dream world. I saw something was amiss before the first of the lost souls began to appear, and it has only grown worse over time."

Lyra rubbed behind her head. "Well... OK. You two have this under control then? I'll get back to Ponyville then." She turned to leave and ran into one of Celestia's large wings.

"Not so fast, Lyra." Celestia gently pulled Lyra back. "For what I have in mind, we need one of your patients. Ideally one with a very strong sense of their home. I imagine they likely had a very hard time adapting, if they ever did. The stronger the sense of their old world, the better for this purpose. Can you think of somepony like that?"

Lyra clopped her hooves together. "Yeah! Sam! I'll... Oh. He... kind of ran away, through Twilight's mirror portal."

Luna snorted softly. "That mare can cause as many problems as she fixes at times."

Celestia shook her head. "Then your mission is clear. Go and recover this 'Sam' and bring him here."

Lyra cringed. "I don't want to drag him back! He's happier there. I'm supposed to be his friend. Friends don't foalnap each other!" She looked to Luna. "That reminds me. The world isn't... falling apart. Why was I supposed to stop him from going?"

Luna pointed a hoof at Lyra. "Failing to stop him from going. Most of the damage that would be done is already done. I just wanted them all in one place, and to not burden another world with our problems."

Celestia gave a gentle smile. "We won't keep him here, or anywhere. We just need him for a few days, then he is a free pony again to do as he pleases, within the confines of the law. He knows you, Lyra, surely you can convince him to come back for a little while?"

Lyra gave a little nod, feeling unable to say no to the palpable warmth and kindness of Celestia. It was like saying no to a good grandmother. She couldn't handle the idea. "I'll do my best. Is it alright if I take a friend with me? Another once-human might help a lot in approaching him."

Luna rolled a hoof. "Do as thou must. The fate of Equestria rests squarely in your hooves."

Lyra cringed as the pressure mounted. She bobbed her head and turned to flee out of the courtroom, lest more demands be heaped upon her.


Sam wandered through the mall, noting there were far more teenagers than adults, which seemed weird. Even manning the shops seemed to have a good number of young adults. He saw the high school, but maybe there was a college nearby too. A college town would explain a good bit of what he saw.

He wandered into the bed store and eyeballed the price tags. Most of the sets were quite reasonably priced, but there was one bed on a raised platform whose price was four times that of its closest competition. Light spilled down from above, and its signage made wild claims of the best sleep any person has ever experienced ever. "Hey," he called out to the peppy looking girl watching the store. "Is it OK to try this?" She bobbed her head, still grinning.

Sam sank down onto the mattress and was instantly asleep. He hadn't even realized it until the girl nudged him awake. "That happens more often than you'd think." She was still smiling. It was a little unnerving how she managed it, but he accepted her hand up. "Did you want to get one? Free delivery!"

Sam shook his head. "A little out of my price range, and I might never get out of bed again."

She laughed at his joke loudly. "I totally know what you mean! How about this one?" She moved over to less expensive models, but seemed to have her eyes on one particular mattress. "This has your name all over it."

Sam approached and saw that she was being literal. It read 'Sam' on it. "I don't remember introducing myself."

"You look like a Sam," said the girl before pointing at herself. "I'm Tammy! Try it out!"

Sam sat on the edge of the bed while looking at its price tag. It was well within his budget. He laid back and found it quite cozy. Not instant sleep like the luxury model, but he'd suffered through far worse than the Sam bed. "Yeah, sure. I'll take it."

"Excellent! I'll have it sent to your apartment right away." She held out a hand, and he put some bills in it. She quickly returned with change. "You have a nice day now!"

"Uh, don't you need the address?" asked Sam with a raised brow.

She shook her head. "We'll find you, don't worry. And you have a month to try it out, but I know you'll like it. Are you new in town?"

"Uh... yeah, you could say that, pretty new." He glanced around nervously. "Is that a problem?"

"Gosh no." She leaned in a little. "We love getting new neighbors. I hope you get settled in soon. Were you invited to the block party this weekend?"

Sam hadn't been to a party of any kind besides a birthday party in years. To have this early 20-something inviting him felt somehow more alien than the bed that had his name all over it. "No? Should I have been?"

"Of course!" She grabbed his hand and squeezed it. "Welcome to the neighborhood! Be there and meet everyone else!" When she let go of his hands, he was holding a little invitation card. Unsure what to make of it, he nodded at Tammy and retreated from the store with all the dignity he could muster.

Author's Note:

EQG universe just gets more and more creepy. Celestia puts out a APB on Sam, and poor Lyra is conscripted to go find him.

Hey! People who I did intros for! You want to accompany Lyra on her quest into EQG land? Let me know!

PreviousChapters Next