• Published 14th May 2015
  • 418 Views, 1 Comments

There From the Start - pinkiepie2010



Pinkie reveals how she found Gummy.

  • ...
1
 1
 418

There From the Start

The sun was shining so brightly that it lit up the entire room with a nice warm glow. I looked at the clock and my smile grew wider. There was only ten minutes left till the super duper party I had been planning.

"It's almost time Gummy," I squealed, "this is going to your best birthday party ever. To make it even more special, I invited everypony's pet to come."

I looked around and made sure everything was ready. There were snacks for ponies and pets alike. Punch was all set in a gaint bowl with little cups set around it. All the decorations from streams to balloons of every color were up. Finally there was the cake I personally baked with the words, Happy 2nd Birthday Gummy. After I made sure everything was set there was a knock at the door.

"Rainbow Dash, Tank I'm so you two could make it," I said as I opened the door.

"Thanks Pinkie," Rainbow Dash replied as she walked in, "Tank and I wouldn't miss this for the world."

Next came Twilight, Spike, and Owlisious. Following them were Applejack and Winona. Rarity and Opal arrived soon after. Finally came Fluttershy and Angel.

"I'm so glad you guys could make it," I cheered.

"We're glad we could make too . We all know how much you love Gummy," Applejack stated.

"You know Pinkie," Twilight began, "I've always wondered how you even got Gummy. I mean, it's not like they sell toothless aligators in a normal pet shop."

"Oh, well, it's kind of a long story," I explained.

"Pinkie, we won't mind if you tell it," Rarity stated.

"Besides what better way to start off Gummy's birthday then with the story on how you met," Fluttershy inputted.

"Well then, everypony better cozy."

Right away everypony started getting pillows to sit on. I grabbed some of the snacks, incase anyone got hungry. Soon everypony and pet was all settled, though it took some convincing from Fluttershy for Angel to settle down. Then I began.


It all started two years and fifteen days ago. Mr. and Mrs. Cake were preparing to go on a long but well earned vacation. I really didn't mind because I had a few parties I was planning.

"Now Pinkie, are you sure you'll be okay while we're gone?" Mrs. Cake asked.

"Don't worry Mrs. Cake I'll be fine," I responded.

"Well it's just that we've never been away this long,"

"Cupcake we seem to be low on eggs," Mr. Cake interrupted, "could you please go get some more. I'm making some strawberry pastries right now."

I decided to tag along, so Mrs. Cake wouldn't get to nervous and wouldn't buy stuff that they already had. While looking at the eggs I noticed a pony I never saw before. He was stand by a very bright colorful tent. Since Mrs. Cake was trying to figure out which eggs to buy, I decided to take a look.

"Why, hello there miss. I see you interested in my tent," he said, "I'm Precious Pet and this is my Precious Pet's Magical Pet Shop."

"Magical Pet Shop? " I asked.

"That's right little lady. My shop is home to the most magical pets you'll ever see. I suggest you take a look and maybe you can find the perfect magical pet for you."

Curiosity got the better of me and I went in. Inside were some of the most amazing creatures I've ever seen. There were so many creatures I could never describe them all. Then I saw an egg. The egg was oval shape and green with lighter green spots.

"This here is a toothless aligator egg," Precious Pets explained.

I continued to look at the egg. After some time I decided to buy it. Precious Pets gave me everything I would need to incubate it. About a week and a half later Mr. and Mrs. Cake left for their vacation and I spent my time watching over the egg. Then one day the egg started hatching.

"Oh, come on little egg, or aligator keep hatching," I said to encourage it.


All of a sudden I saw part of a nose poke out of the egg. Then the rest of the head and body. Now before me was a little green aligator with purple eyes.

"Oh my cupcakes, you're so cute."

At once I began to hold it. As a I held the little aligator it chomped on my arm. Due to not having teeth the bite tickled. I began laughing.

"Hehe, that tickles. You really don't have any teeth. Your just gummy. Hey, that's what I'll call you, Gummy. "

We continued to hug. Gummy then made a noise and I then realized he was hungry. I had no idea what to feed him. So I went to the pantry and pulled out a chocolate cupcake with green frosting. I placed it down in front of him. He sniffed it a little. Then he licked it a little. Gummy seamed to enjoy it and ate it until he was full.

Over the next few days Gummy and I bonded closer than a pony and aligator have ever before. I built him a pond for him to swim in. Before he only swam in the bathtub. Soon I even began to understand him when no one else could. Mr. and Mrs. Cake were at first nervous about having an aligator around the house, but I promised to take care of him with all my heart. Though for the first few weeks Gummy could only stay in my apartment. Even with all our problems Gummy and I have been together and we'll always be.


"Wow,"Twilight said, " so got Gummy from a traveling pet shop."

" Yep, that's how we met, Gummy and I have been together since day one. "

"I personally found it adorable," Fluttershy commented.

"Hey, isn't this supposed to be a birthday party," Rainbow Dash inputted.

"Well then what are we waiting for let's party. "