• Published 4th May 2015
  • 1,530 Views, 12 Comments

The Day Twilight Sparkle Passed Away - Aurora Steel



Everything seemed normal in Ponyville until a certain Princess passes away

  • ...
14
 12
 1,530

Leaving us forever

Twilight Sparkle woke up like any other day. She stretched her legs and hopped out of bed.

She sighed contently and walked out of her room and down the crystal stairs to the dining room where Spike was sitting eating a freshly made set of pancakes. Next to him were another set of pancakes with whipped cream on top.

Twilight licked her lips hungrily and sat down next to Spike. She almost sang, “Morning Spike! These pancakes smell delicious!” And started eating the giant stack.

Spike smiled, “Im glad you like them Twilight!” and took a giant bite into his stack.

After breakfast Twilight walked out of her castle and down the road into ponyville. Everything seemed normal apart from one or two stray storm clouds.

She saw Rainbow Dash bouncing a ball so she picked up her pace and trotted over to Rainbow.

She smiled and called out, “Rainbow!”

Rainbow Dash dropped her ball on her head by accident and rubber her head whilst replying, “Hey Twilight, what can i do for ya?”

Twilight smiled sheepishly whilst replying, “Oh sorry Rainbow! I was just wondering why there were some storm clouds in the sky when there is no storms scheduled until next week?”

“I dunno. I’ll ask when i’m on shift next.” She shrugged before going back to her ball.

Twilight sighed and slowly turned around before walking away. As she looked up she noticed a particular storm cloud that seemed more charged than the others. She spread her wings and took off towards the cloud.

Rainbow Dash noticed Twilight taking off and heading for the cloud. She looked at the cloud and noticed that it had been packed with lightning.

She dropped her ball and yelled out as Twilight was about to touch the cloud, “Twilight! Don’t touch the cloud!!” She spread her wings and zoomed off.

Meanwhile as Twilight was about to touch the cloud she heard Rainbow call out to her but it was too late. Her hoof connected with the cloud which sent the lightning all the way through her body.

He wings stopped working and she plummeted to the ground at an extremely fast speed.

Rainbow made a sharp turn and dived down after Twilight. She stretched her hooves out as far as they could go trying to catch the falling Princess but she was falling to fast even for Rainbow. She had to pull up before she slammed into the ground.

~ Twilight’s P.O.V ~

I touched the cloud and felt sharp pains all over my body. Suddenly I was falling and my wings weren’t working anymore. I tried moving my body but nothing was moving, I even tried using my magic but that wasn’t working either.

I saw Rainbow dive after me. She almost got me but had to pull up and thats when I realised that I wasn’t going to make it.

I closed my eyes and thought, “I love you Mum, Dad, everyone.”

Then there was nothing.

~ Normal P.O.V ~

Rainbow saw Twilight hit the ground and a sickening thud and crack rang throughout the streets of Ponyville. Not to mention there was a giant cut explosion.

~ Fluttershy’s P.O.V ~

I was feeding my animals when suddenly there was a giant thud and dust went flying up in the centre of Ponyville. My chest tightened and somehow knew it wasn’t good.

I dropped my bird feed I was holding and galloped as fast as I could out of the cottage and into the Centre of town.

When I finally got there I slowed down to a walk and weaved my way through the growing crowd to the centre where the girls were.

I stopped in my tracks as I saw what everyone was staring at.

I asked in a quiet voice, “Twilight? No…”

I burst into tears and sunk to the ground then I felt a hoof on my shoulder who pulled me into a hug.

~ Rarity’s P.O.V ~

Spike was with me walking through the markets because I had asked him to help carry my shopping bags. I found a quaint little stall and walked over to it and saw the most beautiful vintage jewellery.

I was looking at a silver necklace with lots of hoops and emeralds when I heard a thud echo throughout the street and turned my head to see what all of the fuss was about. My chest tightened and knew this wasn’t right at all.

I trotted over to where the thud had originated from and stopped in horror for what I saw. I think Spike bumped into my hind leg but I didn’t care.

I pulled Spike into a hug and refused to let him see what had happened. This was truly and utterly the worst possible thing and I genuinely meant it.

~ Applejack’s P.O.V ~

I was in the Cake’s shop helping Pinkie Pie make some cakes. I pulled one out of the oven and set it down on top of it calling out, “Where do ya want this here cake Pinkie?”

Pinkie replied, “Just over with the others-“

She had suddenly stopped talking and was walking out of the door.

I quickly followed her out of the door and asked catching up, “Where in tarnation are ya goin’ Pinkie?”

Pinkie turned to me and was about to reply when there was a sickening thud and crack down the street. My chest tightened and knew this wasn’t good.

Pinkie just galloped down the street over to the noise.

I followed behind also galloping. I got to the noise and stopped when the dust cleared to see what had happened.

I shook my head and walked down to Twilight and tried to find her pulse. I found nothing. Her chest wasn’t rising or falling. Nothing.

I shook my head with tears in the corners of my eyes for the first time in ages. I turned around and climbed back up the crater. I sat at the edge and pulled my had down over my eyes.

I thought, “No. This can’t be happenin’”

~ Pinkie’s P.O.V ~

Apple Jack was talking to me and I replied, “Just over with the others-“ I suddenly stopped talking and what I was doing.

Next thing I know I was walking out of Sugar Cube Corner and walking down the street.

Apple Jack asked me, “Where in tarnation are ya goin’ Pinkie?”

I was about to reply when there was a sickening crack. My chest tightened and knew what had happened I just didn’t want to believe it.

I galloped down the street and stopped at the crater. My hair went flat and my eyes dulled. I knew it was bad but I didn’t know it was this bad!

I saw Fluttershy arrive and break down into tears. I walked over to her and lifted her into a hug. We both simply cried our eyes out.

~ Rainbow’s P.O.V ~

I watched Twilight hit the ground and a giant pile of dust fly everywhere. My chest tightened and knew that she didn’t make it.

I slowly fluttered down to the ground and walked a few paces over to the crater and saw her.

I sat down on the ground with my head bent low. I was trying really hard not to cry but didn’t succeed. Eventually I just let them fall not caring at this point.

~ Spike’s P.O.V ~

I was walking around the markets with Rarity when she walked over to a small stall. I groaned and put the bags down next to me.

Then there was a loud thud and crack. Rarity suddenly trotted over to where the sound had originated.

I followed close behind over to the already gathering crowd.

Suddenly I was pulled into an embrace and I couldn’t turn my head. I knew the smell and knew that it was Rarity hugging me.

I slowly turned my head around and saw Twilight not moving.

I couldn’t say anything but cry. I turned my head back around and buried my head into Rarity’s coat. “No…”

~ Spectrum’s P.O.V ~

I snapped my head up from my meditation and flew out of the hallway, my guard trying to catch up to me but failing. No pegasus apart from Rainbow Dash could match the speed of an Alicorn.

I turned the corner and flew into the Throne Room. I slowed to a stop in the middle and panted slightly. This was the first time I had really flown in a couple of weeks.

Luna walked up to me and asked, “What trouble’s thee Spectrum?”

I replied after catching my breath, “Luna, Celestia. Twilight. The Elements of Harmony. Ponyville.”

Celestia walked down from her throne and over to me and Luna.

She tilted her head slightly and I simply nodded.

Celestia flared out her wings and simply stated, “Luna come with me. Spectrum, notify her family and the other one.” I nodded and walked out of the room.

~ Normal P.O.V ~

Celestia watched Spectrum walk out of the room and then turned to her sister. “We must get to Ponyville immediately.”

Luna nodded and flared out her wings. She made one of the windows disappear.

They both shot out of the window and sped to Ponyville with the help of speed boost magical circles.

They got to Ponyville within minutes and slowly walked over to the site.

Luna stopped and shouted, “All citizens apart from the Elements of Harmony return to your homes!”

The ponies bowed and rushed to their homes tears falling from each face.

Celestia walked over to the edge of the crater and stopped.

Twilight was laying there with burns all over her body, her wings were twisted at angels they shouldn’t be. A pool of blood surrounded her and the smell of death was intoxicating.

The only thing was that her facial expression showed that she never panicked.

Celestia announced to the crying Elements of Harmony, “There will be a funeral held tomorrow. You are all invited to come. You may bring a loved one if you wish. It is also your choice if Scootaloo, Sweetie Bell and Apple Bloom attend. That is all.”

The mane 5 and Spike nodded and left for their separate homes. Rarity already planning the perfect funeral dresses.

Celestia turned to Luna and said, “Have that cloud bottled and put on display in the Throne room and have a crown made for Twilight. Put her original crown next to the cloud.” Luna simply nodded and shot off for the castle.

Celestia following a minute later.

~ The Next Day ~

The funeral was a simple and small one. The skies were stormy and raining. No birds or animals around. No threats. Today was a day simply to mourn the passing of a Princess.

The only ones attending were; Rainbow Dash and Soarin, Rarity and Fancy Pants, Pinkie Pie and Pokey Pierce, Apple Jack and Thunderlane, Fluttershy and Big Mac, Twilight’s mum and dad, Shining Armour and Cadence, Celestia and Luna, Discord, the CMC, Flash Century and finally Sunset Shimmer.

Each of the Main 5 and Sunset’s dresses were simple but elegant.

Rainbow’s dress was black with a grey cloud trim going down the edge of the dress. Her dress was a lot like her Gala dress but way more simple.

Rarity’s dress was a simple black dress with fine silver swirls around the edge.

Fluttershy’s dress was much the same as Rarity’s but the swirls were butterflies and they were green.

Apple Jack’s dress was her gala dress like Rainbow’s but black and no where near as indicate as the other one.

Pinkie Pie’s was simply a Twilight birthday dress but completely black.

Sunset Shimmer’s dress was like Twilight’s Gala dress but instead of stars around the edge it was small flames and the dress was completely black.

Spike was wearing a bow. Luna and Celestia were wearing their coronation dresses turned black and gold or black and silver.

But most important of all was Twilight. She was in a beautiful, intricate dress that was long and flowing past her hind legs. Her hair was neatly combed into a little curl at the end. Her wings set into place and cleaned up in general. Her normal crown was replaced with one like Luna’s but it came down the sides of her face and what looked like wings fanned out behind. the whole crown was silver with a purple gem in the middle.

Celestia walked over to a podium and started, “Today we mourn the passing of Princess Twilight Sparkle. She was so kind hearted, young and innocent. She was taken from us too soon.”

The funeral dragged on and eventually finished. The main 5, Sunset Shimmer and Twilight’s family had spoken as well.

Everyone was simply so shocked at what had happened.

The 3 remaining Princesses used their magic to close and seal the the casket. Then they lifted her into the ground and covered the top. She was buried under a giant tree on top of a hill looking out on all of Equestria. Her grave stone had her element Embedded in it and a statue of her smiling and looking out.

Everyone except the main 5 had eventually left. Everyone was staying in the Castle over the next few days simply to be around other people who knew the same pain and try and help them.

The girls gathered around the grave.

Rainbow broke the silence and asked, “Girls? What is Friendship without Magic?”

The End

Author's Note:

Hope you liked this chapter! if anyone wants to proof read it and PM me about it feel free!

Comments ( 12 )

~ Twilight’s P.O.V ~

Never, EVER do this

Comment posted by Via deleted May 4th, 2015
Via

Who's spectrum?

Also...

wat

--SYA, The Horse

Sorry, but this isn't a good fic. If you wanted to do a fic where a character dies you could have done a better then this. Sorry

Oh Spec... Great idea....:applecry: poor execution. Once again, this felt more like an outline, than a story.

OMGFU?! TWILGHT DIEZ?!!!! DIZLIEK!!!

Hmmm... as Cowgirl said. :unsuresweetie: The ideas are there, but it doesn't really look or feel like a story, more like an outline.

As the first comment stated, it's usually not a good idea to simply state who the P.O.V. is currently with. Thats where the outline feel comes from, turning it more into a collection of ideas instead of a story.

Everything happened a bit too fast, and i see you included Spectrum, but it's going to be difficult for those who don't know you to know who she is.

If you wish to take the time and try to expand it a little, you definitely have many parts you could improve upon. As i said though, the outline feel will make most who look at it feel like it was rushed.

Keep working Spectrum, it's all a learning process :eeyup: Let me know if you have any questions i'll be happy to help you out, as always.:twilightsmile:

To make an immersive and great story, you have to have alot of different elements, one of those being subtlety and knowing how to make the story flow correctly. Being too blatant insults the reader's intelligence, and breaks the immersion. It could have been handled better.
:moustache:

TL;DR
I should not be told which point of view the story is being told in a blatant way, and i should not be forced to accept the quick shifts of the point of view.

Um that was rilly good but I did see one problem in the first part at flutters whys pov were it says
"I asked in a quiet voice, “Twilight? No…” it should say I said in a quiet voice , "Twilight? No..." In my Veiw it sound better but that's just me.

You people are blind to a good story. there are flaws, yes. but all you moronic people are doing is focusing on the bad stuff. it is a great story, nice work.

6133827 thanks ^^

Im going to at some point re upload it with better grammar and the plot spread out more so its better

Login or register to comment