• Published 20th Apr 2015
  • 563 Views, 6 Comments

Cops: Equestria - whysoserious1985



Bad colts, bad colts... This Special Edition of Cops is filmed on location with the colts and mares of law enforcement. All supsects are innocent until proven guitly in a court of law.

  • ...
1
 6
 563

Chapter 2: Cloudsdale Police Department

COPS

Cloudsdale, Equestria
Cloudsdale Police Department
Officer Sky High

“I joined the force,” a mare began as she glided through the air. “About a year ago, but I knew all my life I wanted to be a cop. I didn’t know it at first though.” Officer Sky High landed on a nearby cloud and shook out her pink mane. Her tan coat contrasted the black uniform she wore proudly. Her cutie mark was the Scales of Justice. “When I was in school, I was classmates with a couple rowdy fillies. They kept trying to get me to break the rules with them under the guise of being cool. I thought about doing what they said until I saw how stupid they were acting. They did it all from cutting class to stealing lunch money and bullying others. Eventually, I got tired of them terrorizing all our classmates and told my teacher. They got expelled that very day. I watched them leave from the window and my cutie mark appeared right there. Ha, first one in my class. I had thought about being a cop when I grew up. But on that day, I knew it was what I wanted.” Sky High sat down on a cloud to feel the gentle breeze. She then shifted her weight to not sit on her nightstick or gun. A silver whistle dangled from her neck. “Base, Unit 3 is code 62,” she said into her radio.

“10-4, Unit 3,” the radio squawked back. Sky High settled into her puffy perch to begin her watch. The sky was specked with medium sized clouds and the sun had warmed the air perfectly. It was very peaceful and calm. Officer Sky High got so comfortable she tucked her legs under her body to lay down.

“I just told the dispatcher that I am on stand-by,” she began. “We have to stake out this area because we are on the border of the Flight Restriction Zone. It is about half a mile from outskirts of Cloudsdale. This is where a lot of young and extreme flyers are allowed push the limits of their flying abilities without risk to any property or mid-air collisions. You know everypony likes a little speed once in a while. So Princess Celestia created this space last month and accidents have dropped significantly. Before that we had to deal with fillies and colts flying recklessly all over Cloudsdale. We don’t have to worry anymore. We still need to patrol the area for border violations and keep an eye out for any accidents. Once you cross this border, you have to obey all flight laws of Cloudsdale.

I usually see younger fillies and colts out here and I’ve seen the Wonderbolts practicing here too.” Sky High’s purple eyes scanned the horizon looking for any trouble she could see. Nothing out of the ordinary caught her eye. “When your adrenaline is going from doing a bunch of stunts and high speeds, you can forget the borders and potentially cause an accident.” No sooner had Officer Sky High finished her sentence, a multicolored streak whizzed behind Officer Sky High. She whipped around and recognized who zipped by her. “Uh, again Rainbow?” she said annoyed. The police mare popped her whistle into her mouth and took off in pursuit.
4:10PM Border Violation

Sky High flew as fast as she could against the wind to catch up to the speedster. Blowing her whistle as loudly as she could, the speeding pony quickly slowed down and landed on a large cloud in front of her.

“Base, Unit 3 is 10-85,” Sky High called into her radio as she slowed down to land next to the blue mare.

“10-4,” the radio buzzed. Sky High landed on the cloud and looked Rainbow Dash right in the eye. All the officer could manage was to shake her head in disappointment. Dash took only a split second to recognize the policemare who was standing in front of her.

“Officer Sky High,” Dash said with a crooked smile. “It’s been a while since I’ve seen you. How are you?” Sky High sat down on the cloud and put her fore hooves on her hips.

“When are you going to learn to slow down, Rainbow Dash?” the police mare asked. “This is the forth time I’ve pulled you over since I joined the force.” Rainbow Dash just chuckled at the officer drawing a dry look from Sky High.

“Oh come on, Sky High,” Rainbow began. “How long have you known me?”

“Too long, since before flight camp,” the officer replied sarcastically before reaching for her radio. “Unit 3, I need a 34 on Rainbow Dash.” Rainbow tried to strike up a conversation with her old friend, but Sky High kept silent while waiting for a response.

“10-4,” the dispatcher replied. Rainbow Dash smiled at the voice she heard.

“Is that Stake Out?” Rainbow Dash said with joy. “Last time I saw him at the precinct he said was retiring. I’m glad he still on the job. He’s an awesome guy to have around.”

“Only you would know half the precinct on a first name basis, Rainbow,” Sky High said.

“More like the whole precinct,” Rainbow joked. Sky High cocked her eyebrow and brought a forehoof to her head. Rainbow was a little bit of an arrogant pony. But who in their right mind would be proud of that dubious accomplishment. “You’re right, that’s nothing to brag about.” Rainbow looked down at the cloud when she realized Sky High was not in any mood for her jokes.

“Unit 3,” the radio squawked. “Clean 34, all fines are paid in full. No citations issued in six months”

“10-4, any 10-85s?” she replied. “Rainbow, I stopped you today because you violated the Flight Restriction Border.” Rainbow quickly lifted her head and looked in Sky High eyes. Most of Rainbow Dash’s trademark confidence had been replaced with concern.

“Oh,” Dash said. “I thought the border was another hundred yards further in.”

“No, right where I was sitting was the border,” Sky High replied. Rainbow Dash got a panicked look in her eyes. Though the penalty was only a hefty fine, it was the stain on her background for this violation that concerned her.

“Unit 3,” the radio buzzed. “That’s a negative on the 10-85.”

“10-4,” the police mare replied and placed her hoof on the citation book on her belt. Rainbow looked at her with worried eyes.

“Sky High,” she began getting police mare’s attention. “I know you should give me a ticket, and I understand you having to do that. But in all honesty I lost my bearings when I was practicing for this year’s Best Young Flyers Competition. I’m the defending champion. If I win this year, the Wonderbolts might give me a chance to join them. I honestly thought the border was further in. If you write that ticket, it’ll be the worst offense on my record. The Wonderbolts won’t even give me the time of day if they see this on my record. I’m really, really, really sorry. You have my word I’ll remember where the border is from now on.” Officer Sky High looked Rainbow Dash in the eye searching for some bit of mistruth. Rainbow Dash was practically on her knees begging her old friend for leniency. After a moment of searching for deception, Sky High found none in Rainbow’s eyes.. These two mares had known each other since they were fillies. Sky High was one of the few ponies who could tell when Dash was being sincere. Dash began to relax as she saw Sky High’s lips curl into a smile.

“Ok, Dash,” she said lowering her hoof from the book. “I am going to let you off with a warning this time because the border laws are still new and it’s your first offense.” Rainbow Dash jumped for joy on the cloud causing the cloud to leak some rain drops. Both mares laughed at impromptu rainfall before Sky High got serious again. “But you keep in mind that I’m not cutting you any breaks anymore. Remember I wasn’t court ordered into flight camp all those years ago.”

“I know,” Dash said with a smile. “Thank you so much, Sky High.” Rainbow was so happy she ending up catching the cop in a surprise hug. Rather than flinch, Sky High returned the hug to the Element of Honesty. “All things considered, it was good to see you again. Why don’t you stop by my place after your shift and we’ll catch up. I can’t remember the last time we hung out, Sky.”

“I’ll think about it, Rainbow,” Sky High said. “You have a safe flight back home.” Rainbow Dash spread her wing and leapt off the cloud. Sky High watched her fly away half expecting her to pick up speed. To her surprise, the multi-colored mare didn’t and continued on safely until she was out of sight.

“Rainbow Dash is one of the most well known flyers in Cloudsdale, everypony knows her,” Sky High said. “She’s very talented, a defending champion, and a dedicated athlete. And let’s not forget she helped save Equestria from Nightmare Moon. But she spends so much time practicing and perfecting her tricks that she quite often forgets to obey the flight laws. That’s how she racked up a long list of minor violations. She was even grounded for 30 days when she was a filly before the judge sent her to flight camp. I find it funny though that with all the violations she has racked up, she remains on good terms with the whole precinct. She should because she used to be down there once a month to pay some kind of fine. Rainbow aspires to be a member of the Wonderbolts. But they screen their members more strictly than the royal guards. Any serious offences or evidence of reckless behavior and you are barred from joining. Regardless though, she is a good pony who just makes a few stupid mistakes. I’m confident with the open air outside the border, her encounters with the police are going to drop to nothing. At least that’s what I hope.”

COPS

Comments ( 1 )

“I know,” Dash said with a smile. “Thank you so much, Sky High.” Rainbow was so happy she ending up catching the cop in a surprise hug. Rather than flinch, Sky High returned the hug to the Element of Honesty.

ummmmmmmm

Login or register to comment