• Published 16th Nov 2011
  • 1,622 Views, 31 Comments

Opal's Adventures - SweetieStar

  • ...
13
 31
 1,622

Chapter 12: The Big Battle

Chapter 12

Luna panicked. He grabbed the badger’s nose and scratched the badger’s belly with his back paws. Luna yelped as the badger grabbed his tail when he tried to get away. The cat tried to get out but he was helpless.

Meanwhile, Honeyfur was walking around the forest, she wanted to become Luna’s friend but it all went wrong. When she heard Luna’s shrieks for help, she swiftly ran to help the cat.

Honeyfur was running and she was very worried. I must help Luna! This is my chance to be his friend! She thought.

She ran as fast as she could. T0he medicine cat was running out of breath, but she did not give up.

Honeyfur froze. Oh no!

The badger in front of her had given Luna harsh wounds. Luna was still, he pretended to be dead. The badger left, bored.

Honeyfur ran to Luna. “Are you all right?”

Luna glared at Honeyfur. “Do I look all right?” He hissed. “Don’t just stand there, help me!”

Honeyfur ran off and left Luna lying there. When the medicine cat came back, she had cobwebs and other herbs in her mouth. She rapidly started applying the cobweb.

When she finished her treatment she smiled. “You can get up now, but be careful!”

Luna got up. “Thanks…” He said uneasily.

“You’re welcome, friend!” Honeyfur smiled. Luna looked at Honeyfur angrily.

“We were never friends, and we never will be!” Luna snapped pushing Honeyfur away.

*~*~*

Back in Thunderclan, everything was going much more smoothly. The cats were sharing tongues.

Fluttershy blushed. “D-do we have to?” She asked uneasily.

“No, you don’t understand, sharing tongues means sharing news while grooming.” Opal laughed. “Not the way… you and Rarity did the other day.”

Fluttershy and Rarity blushed. Twilight and Angel just stared at them.

“Oh…” Fluttershy said timidly. Rarity didn’t say anything.

Honeyfur and Luna returned to camp.

Opal looked at Luna with a worried glance. “What happened?”

“A badger, nothing more.” He said. Everyone gasped.

“There is a badger in Thunderclan?” Sweetiestar asked in horror.

“Great, now Bloodclan AND a badger.” A warrior moaned.

“Um…Opal, I don’t think Luna can do the fight with Bloodclan. Her wounds are deep and she'll need three weeks to heal.”

“Hmmm…” Opal thought for a while but then an idea popped into his mind. “Why don’t you go instead?”

Both Luna and Honeyfur froze. Honeyfur wanted to go really badly but she knew that Luna also wanted to go, and if she said yes, there would be no way Luna would like Honeyfur as a friend. He would probably hate her more than an enemy. Honeyfur wanted to say no but her instincts made her nod. Honeyfur closed her eyes and turned away from Luna, even though she wasn’t able to see him, she felt how Luna's burning glare on her back.

“Ok, then. We’re settled. Sorry Luna, but you need your rest.” Twilight politely said.

“Oh, so you think that medicine cat can do better than me?” Luna pointed to Honeyfur.

“That’s nonsense, Luna! You can’t fight anymore with these wounds. You need your rest! Fluttershy will take care of you with the other medicine cats.” Opal hissed.

Luna mumbled something inaudible and went to her den with Fluttershy.

Suddenly, a kitten named Sunkit and his sister Moonkit ran into the camp shouting.

“Badger! Badger!”

Everybody ran to a hiding place, but Sunkit and Moonkit were searching for their mother helplessly and nobody was there to help them.

Rarity and Fluttershy bolted out of their hiding places and ran to save the kits. Rarity picked up Moonkit and ran as fast as she could to her hiding place, but Fluttershy had problems with Sunkit and was not able to hide herself before the badger arrived.

The badger was very big and was very hungry. Fluttershy tried her very best to get away with Sunkit, but the badger grabbed Fluttershy’s tail and pulled Fluttershy towards it. Fluttershy let go of Sunkit and the kitten ran away to his mother.

The badger was about to kill Fluttershy, when she used her stare to make him stop. Fluttershy became weak from the exertion, because she didn’t eat as much as a cat needed for strength and she stopped. The badger once again went to kill her, but Angel pounced out of the bush and gave a kick into the badger’s face.

That was a mistake.

The badger hit Angel, and he just lay there. Blood started spurting out of his head.

Fluttershy snapped.

With a war yowl, she viciosly attacked the badger. Within seconds, she had killed the badger.

“Angel?” Fluttershy asked, turning away from the corpse. She came to Angel with teary eyes. “Say something!” The bunny just lay there, silent. “Angel!”

Fluttershy felt her friends and other cats come closer to her as she shouted. “ANGEL!” Fluttershy started to cry.

“Be strong, Fluttershy.” Angel whispered, slightly grinning

“Don’t leave me, Angel…” Fluttershy sobbed.

“I will never leave you, Fluttershy…I will always be with you…” Angel smiled and closed his eyes. There was a moment of silence. Angel was dead.

~Newly edited by IceOfWaterflock~

Comments ( 12 )
#1 · Dec 4th, 2011 · · ·

Opal is a girl, not a boy.
But!
Just add the Alternate universe category, and it becomes a story from a universe in which Opal was born male. Problem solved.

50820 read on he becomes a she :pinkiecrazy:

33212 (<-- JuyUnseen, if it doesn't show up)
I would like to let you know I've been editing the story, and as a Warrior Pegasis, I would highly recommend a reread. I just thought you should know. :twilightsmile:

93398
Also, this would be the editor, forgetting to sign out.

Well shit. I'm a Warrior Cats die-hard, and I like crossovers. However, I prefer the 'Inter-dimensional-going-into-a-new-world-character-meets-character' kinda thing. I do NOT care for giving old characters new backstories. Do you mind if I wrie my own?

547439
why hello there dear sir, I must tell you that this story is really long. You shall not pass, bye!
K, JK ofcorse you can do your own

557517
Would you like to help me write mine, or are you busy?

560241 I would love to help you :raritystarry:

567043
Thank you. Btw, production of the story will not start for a week or two. School is weighing me down.

A moment of silence to honor the fallen Angel (No pun intended) :fluttercry::applecry::raritycry:

Oh wow, just when I thought there WERE none of these! :pinkiegasp: *adds to read list excitedly* :pinkiehappy: I'll be back for a better comment later!

Login or register to comment