• Published 16th Nov 2011
  • 1,622 Views, 31 Comments

Opal's Adventures - SweetieStar

  • ...
13
 31
 1,622

Chapter 3: Hanging With The Strays

Chapter 3

On a bright morning Opal woke up and decided to take a walk. As he passed the kitchen he saw a note:

Dear Opal,
Me and Angel went shopping in the ‘Quills and Sofas’ shop, your lunch is in the fridge, we will be back in the evening.
-Love Fluttershy

Opal gave a yawn and a stretch; he decided to go for a walk in Ponyville.

In Ponyville he went to the place he usually went to, Sugar Cube corner. Despite the fact that cats can't taste sugar, he liked the smell of sweets.

On the way home he saw a cat, not just any cat; she looked exactly like Serenity! He ran to her with excitement, but as soon as he got closer, he saw that it was not Serenity.

“Yes?” The she-cat said in a flirty voice. “Can I…help you?”

He looked at her from top to bottom to make sure it was not Serenity. He sighed and gave a huge frown. “No…sorry I just…never mind.”

The she-cat frowned “Why so sad, darling?”

She looked just like Serenity but… she had a weird accent and a different personality. “Nothing it’s just…” He sighed.

“Hi, I'm Luna, I was the princesses's cat but then they dumped me. How about we come to my place for some fish?” She questioned.

“No thanks, I-I don’t like fish…”

“You don’t like fish???” The cat asked, raising her voice. “I simply cannot let a cat hate fish! Come with me…”

She took him by the collar - which Fluttershy gave him for his birthday - and she pulled him somewhere.

*~*~*

When they reached their destination, Opal saw black forms and weird sounds…

”DOGS!” Opalescence shouted “Quick, Luna, run away!”

Luna giggled. “Don’t worry, they are friends.”

“Our stories are sad, but we are not bad!” A dog said.

Opalescence stood there with confusion. “So you don’t harm cats?” He came a little bit closer to the dogs.

“Nope we don’t, and to introduce myself, my name is Front.” The dog speaking bowed.

“And I’m Cherry, and here are my brothers, Jerry and King Larry!” A female dog said.

“Hi!” Said Jerry.

“Hello!” King Larry shouted, full of pride.

Then, out of nowhere, two more cats came in.

“I am Alisha” a she-cat exclaimed.

“And I am Rondo.” a tom called out.

“And we are a family of dumped cats and dogs; we drink, we smoke, we have lots of fun, come join our pranks and fun! We are the Strays, oh yeah!” They all said in a relatively-tuned choir.

“I'm not sure…” He was not able to finish. Alisha stuck a bottle of beer in his mouth.

“Drink, dude.” She said. “Join the fun!”

Opalescence's swallow reflex drained the bottle, and he gasped for air. “I-I like it!” he exclaimed.

“Hurray!” Everyone shouted. They all clinked their bottles and started drinking.

*~*~*

The next day Opalescence woke up and found himself stinking of beer and lying down next to Luna, who had a grin on her face. They were surrounded by the cats and dogs he met the day before.

“W-What happened yesterday?” He moaned.

“We had lots and lots of fun!” Luna stood up, knocking over Opalescence and waking up everybody. She looked at Opal with a flirty glance “Especially with you…” she grinned.

Opalescence remembered everything then, EVERYTHING that happened last night. “Well I think I will be heading home…and…a…”

“Aw! But why won’t you stay with us?” Jerry asked.

“We still have lots of pranks left for tonight” Luna said smiling.

“I promise I will come back tonight, but now I’ve got things to do.” He turned around.

“Okay... bye!” Front called out.

“Bye.” Opal called back.

*~*~*

When Opalescence returned home, Fluttershy greeted him with a hug. "I was so worried!"

Angel also greeted him, but with a warm guy-hug.

*~*~*

That night Opalescence tip-toed out of the house and went to the town square of Ponyville, where he was going to meet his new friends.

“So... what are we planning on now?” Opal asked, whiskers twitching in hope that it would be fun.

“We split into teams and go to different places in Ponyville to do some pranking!” Front barked happily.

As soon as they all split up, they departed to different parts of Ponyville.

Opalescence was with Luna, so they went to Sugar Cube corner.

“Ya know, I kind of like the smell in this shop... hmmm…” Luna said, sniffing the air.

“Me too!” Opalescence exclaimed. “I love that smell!”

Luna looked at Opalescence’s eyes. “Your eyes are... beautiful.” She said he looked at her, the open window let the moonlight on her fur, and she looked stunning.

“You look better.” He said in a low, flattering voice.

The she-cat frowned “I-I can’t be doing this.” She looked down.

“Why not?” Opalescence asked.

“I…I have a…I have a…” She gulped. “…A husband…”

Opalescence’s heart broke. “B-but what about the kiss we shared last night?” He muttered.

“I was drunk!” Luna screamed with anger. “I can’t be doing this, I just can’t! what if he finds out?”

Opalescence sat there, his heart was broken into pieces. Last night, they had lots of fun together, they had played pranks on fillies and old mares and colts and one stallion. Later on, Luna and Opalescence had a drunk, steaming hot kiss, and then they fainted.

Tears started dripping from Luna’s eyes. “I still love you a lot, but I have no choice…I really wish we could have…but…” She cried harder. “ I LOVE YOU!” She confessed. “But I really can’t... and I feel bad for myself, I can’t handle this pain. We can’t be together, Opal.”

Opal came up to her. “I love you too…” He said in a sad tone. “...and all the time we spent together were the best times of my life.” He looked into her eyes. “You are my love” He said.

“It…it would be better if…you leave and never…come…back…we should forget each other, only a long distance and time can keep the pain in my heart away…” She said softly, the moonlight shining in her eyes, her tears were falling. She cried with pain. “I wish we could be with each other, but we can’t… I WISH I HAD NEVER MET YOU!” She shouted.

The last pieces of Opals heart tore themselves apart.

“That’s not what I meant…” She said, trying to apologize.

“Oh I know what you meant; you’ve said quite enough. I am leaving.” He licked Luna's forehead, and with a frown and his head bent down he left.

“Well fine then! Never come back into my sight!” She shouted, throwing a piece of egg at the door.

Opal was torn. He had nowhere to go.

If he went to the cottage, he would probably eat Fluttershy’s animals, because he was meat-starved. She would be disappointed in him, and would throw him out.

He can't go to the strays, because Luna is there, and they can’t just kick her out, she is the main Stray! He would be the one kicked out of there, too.

*~*~*

Opalescence was walking around Ponyville.

The peguses ponies had arranged a storm day. The rain splashed hard on his head, he sat in a puddle, and he did not care if anything happened, because his heart was torn.

I wish I had never met Luna. He thought, understanding Luna’s last sentence. I wish I had never met Angel. He continued, getting deeper into his thoughts. I wish I stayed in Thunderclan. He whispered “I wish I would have stayed with my mother and father and foreseen what was about to happen…”

A thought burst into his mind. I want to see you mother, I want to see you father, I want to see you Serenity, I want to see you Angel and Fluttershy, I want…to…see you…Luna. He gasped, tears drained out of his eyes at the same beat as the rain. I want to see all of you, I don’t want to lose any more friends, I will stay here and die, it’s better to die then live with the pain…I will see mother and father in Starclan and I will see Serenity… He smiled and fell into deep sleep, as the rain fell on his body and dripped slowly down his cheeks, along with the tears that he still had left.

~Newly edited by IceOfWaterflock~