• Published 16th Nov 2011
  • 1,622 Views, 31 Comments

Opal's Adventures - SweetieStar

  • ...
13
 31
 1,622

Chapter 11: The Rescue Arrives

Chapter 11

Bluestar patiently sat facing the wide circle of water, watching the perfectly still surface reflect the sky above.

“The day of the battle has come!” Bluestar announced. The she cat raised her paw while she called for the rest of the warrior ancestors. The Starclan warriors arrived and sat around the starry pool to listen to what she was about to say. “We must inform the Thunderclan warriors.” She continued. “They must know that they will be saved.” She looked at other cats to see if they protested. Oakheart raised his paw, asking to speak.

“But Bluestar,” Oakheart prodded, “don’t you think it would be better if we inform the medicine cats?”

“That’s a wonderful idea, Oakheart. I should have thought of that.” Bluestar gently nodded. She dipped her paw in the reflective pool in front of her. “I think we should inform her.” Bluestar pointed to a she-cat's image in the stars. “Does everyone agree?”

All the fallen warriors nodded their heads in agreement.

“Let it happen.” Oakheart meowed, speaking in Bluestar's place. The warrior ancestors all gave a slight mreow and ran off.

~*~*~

Back in Thunderclan, every cat was sleeping. Resting their wounded bodies after defending their leader, who had ultimately fallen under Bloodclan, losing his final life. Honeyfur, the female medicine cat, was still awake, looking at the moon and sighing sadly. Honeyfur was the daughter of Leatherpelt, the warrior who had died in the battle while defending his leader. Honeyfur had also been a good friend of Opalescence and Serenity when they were kits.

“We will come back.” The venomous voice of the Bloodclan warrior repeated eerily in her head. Suddenly, a shooting star caught Honeyfur’s attention.

“An omen from Starclan!” She gasped as she watched it. Her soul connected instantly to the comet, discovering it's meaning. “Six Warriors will save our clan." She whispered. She gasped and swiftly ran into the leader's den, waking the new leader.

“Sweetiestar!” The medicine cat yowled. Sweetiestar looked up from her nest.

“What is it, Honeyfur?” She asked gently.

“An omen… from Starclan…” Honeyfur panted.

“What? What was it?” The leader seemed worried.

“Six… warriors… Clan… save… prepare.” She panted in panic.

“Hmmm… six warriors you say? We will wait for them to come!” Sweetiestar announced. “Wake up the warriors still able to fight, we shall have a meeting.”

Honeyfur nodded and swiftly ran out to do what she had been told.

*~*~*

In the forest near the Thunderclan territory, the dawn was waking up the six sleepy cats.

Rarity woke up first. “Twilight, wake up!” She nuzzled her friend. “It’s time to go!”

Twilight looked at Rarity and nodded. As the cat got up, she smiled at her friend and went out of the den. Everybody slowly gathered around Opal, who had been standing outside, watching the dawn.

“Today we will go into Thunderclan territory. Heh heh... let's hope for the best!” She said.

Opalescence led the way to the Thunderclan camp, hoping to see familiar faces rather then the leering faces of Bloodclan.

Luna was exited.

Fluttershy was scared.

Angel was scared for Fluttershy.

Rarity was worried.

Twilight was still feeling weird that she was now a cat and not being able to use magic.

When they reached the bushes that led into the Thunderclan section of forest, Opal was relieved. She smelled cats she used to know, and smiled.

*~*~*

The felines made it to the camp without seeing any other cats. As the six cats entered the Thunderclan camp, they did not know what to say. All the cats were just staring aggressively at them. As one was about to attack, something stopped him.

“Wait!” Honeyfur shouted out, quickly halting the tom's claws. “They are the warriors.”

Suddenly every cat backed away.

“What’s going on?” Luna whispered to Opal, confused.

“I don’t know…” Opal looked closely at the cat in the honey-colored fur and gasped as she realized her old friend. “Honeykit!” she exclaimed.

The medicine cat looked rather confused and embarrassed hearing her kit-name. “Who are you?” She asked Opal.

“It’s me, Opalescence! Don’t you remember me?” Opal said nervously.

“No! Opal’s dead. He was not able to survive in the Hoofleg's place. And Opal was a tom.”

“But I survived! I'm right here! And, yeah, I was a tom but… it’s a long story.” Opal explained, ending with a blush.

Honeyfur glanced at the she-cat and happily smiled. “Opal!” She exclaimed. “It's nice to see you!”

Luna looked at Honeyfur. “Well, I am Luna, and I…” Luna tried to explain the situation to Honeyfur, but she ignored him and cut Luna off.

“Come and we'll discuss it with the leader.” Honeyfur meowed politely, still not noticing that Luna was glaring at her from beside Opal. As all the six cats followed the medicine cat, Luna looked suspiciously at this so-called ‘Honeykit’.

~~*~~

“So…You are Opal…but... now you're a she-cat…?” Sweetiestar purred, confused.

“Yes, yes. I'm Opalesence.” Opal said, rather annoyed. And you are the leader? Opal thought, remembering Sweetiestar as being the weakest in the clan. Now, everything seems okay.

“And you are all here to save our clan?” SweetieStar looked at the rest of the group.

“Yes, Sweetiestar. We came to save you from Bloodclan whenever they attack.” Twilight said proudly.

SweetieStar decided to throw a feast for the prophecized warriors, as there was still some fresh-kill left.

**~**

Later on, Sweetiestar gave the cats a den to stay in. All were very comfortable and happy except for Luna. At night, Honeyfur snuck out of her den. Luna suspiciously followed her.

~*~*~

Honeyfur sat on the rock and stared at the moon for a long time. Luna shifted on her numbing paws, cracking a small branch. Honeyfur's nostrils flared. “Who’s there?” She yelled into the darkness, jumping off the rock and swiftly looking around.

Luna sprang out of the bush and attacked Honeyfur. The whirling fight went on for a while, before Honeyfur sprang away.

“What are you doing?” She hissed.

“I would like to ask you the same thing, you rat!” He spat.

“Wait… why are you attacking me in first place?” Honeyfur asked.

“Because you want to steal my cat!” Luna hissed.

“What? I and Opal are just friends! Or more like… Clanmates. And besides, he is now a SHE! I’m not interested in him or her or whatever… I don’t like Opal anymore!” She confessed.

“But you did like him!” He said.

“Ugh! Never mind, she’s yours now. DIG IN! I’m leaving!” Honeyfur stuck her nose up and trotted away. Luna huffed and went the other direction.

Luna padded back to the camp in an angry huff. She didn't see the gleaming eyes in the darkness, or the hulking form of a badger looming up behind her.

~Newly edited by IceOfWaterflock~