• Published 15th Jun 2012
  • 1,008 Views, 4 Comments

Scootaloo's Conflict - Naryyn

  • ...
4
 4
 1,008

Chapter 6: Introductions

Chapter 6

Introductions

Scootaloo followed Princess Luna to the stage that was set up towards the center of the camp and wondered what she should say to everypony. Before she could ask, Luna spoke up, "Do not worry about what they might think little one, just say whatever comes to mind and they will rally behind you." Luna grinned down at her, "If they don't, then you can always make an example of one of them and they will not question your authority again."

"Yes Princess, I will do what is needed." Scootaloo responded before climbing onto the stage behind Luna. The ponies of the camp were all talking quietly to themselves as Luna prepared herself. Most were curious as to who the small pegasus was that was standing next to her and why she was wearing the pendant of high command.

The ponies quieted as Luna cleared her throat and began to speak. "Welcome our children of the night. Today is a great day for all of us! We have made great progress towards ending our sister's overbearing rule over Equestria. We owe our thanks to one filly in particular. She has ruined the mind of one of the Elements of Harmony and recruited a lot of you from the Ponyville area. Please give a New Lunar Republic welcome to my second in command, Scootaloo!" Luna brought her hoof down as Scootaloo stepped forward and the camp let out a roar.

"All hail the Princess of the Night! The New Lunar Republic prevails! Lead us to the path of righteousness Scootaloo!" The camp chanted in unison, repeating themselves until Luna brought her hoof down again.

"Good! Now for some words from our guest of honor." Luna smiled down at Scootaloo and whispered to her, "Tell them who you are young one."

Nodding, the orange filly spoke to the camp, "I am Scootaloo, although I may be small and am younger than all of you, I promise that I will lead us to victory!" The camp cheered. "I started out as a recruiter, but my loyalty proved to Princess Luna that I will never leave her side! Yes, I ruined an Element of Harmony by destroying the animals she loved so dear. None survived my flames and none that betray me shall survive either!" The camp cheered again and Scootaloo stretched her wings out, "I will cut down any who get in our way! My wings will deliver a swift death to those threaten us, but those of you who might betray me or the princess will endure my flames!" Princess Luna was laughing as the ponies looked around nervously, afraid of what that meant. Scootaloo smiled at the crowd and continued, "I do not have much else to say other than this; those of you who have questions or concerns do not come to me, go through General Strong Arm and if he deems it necessary for me to know then he will tell me. I am very happy to be here with you all and I expect great things from you! Now let's get back to training! I will see you all on the training grounds at some point." With that Scootaloo turned around and walked off the stage with Princess Luna next to her.

"You did good my student," Luna said to the filly, "we should not have any problems with an uprising against us, but if we do, We are looking forward to what you will do with your 'flames'." The princess chuckled as they walked to the tent where Scootaloo would be staying.

"Thank you princess," Scootaloo responded, "I am concerned that I went a little overboard with my speech though, it was a little scary."

"Fear is great way to get people to listen to you, second only to friendship. Do not worry Scootaloo, though they may fear you, they also respect you as a leader." Luna wrapped her wing around her protege and led her into the tent. "We think that you must be exhausted from the tasks you have undertaken, so get some rest we will start your training tomorrow."

Scootaloo nodded, realizing just how tired she actually was. She hadn't gotten much sleep since she started working for Luna and yawned as she got into the bed that was set up for her. "Luna?" she said, "Would you mind staying with me tonight?"

The moon princess looked shocked, "Why my student? Is something the matter?"

"No, nothing is wrong, it's just that I have a problem sleeping in a new place without somepony I know there to keep me company."

Luna smiled at her student, "Of course, but first we must take off those wings, we don't want you cutting us at night would we?"

"No that wouldn't be good." Scootaloo giggled as she felt Luna's magic loosen the straps on her belly. She felt a little sad to feel her wings go away again and have to deal with her tiny ones. After Luna put the wings down in a corner she lay down next to Scootaloo and wrapped her wing around her. She felt the little one's breathing start to slow as she fell asleep and soon she was sleeping herself.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment