• Published 13th Apr 2015
  • 2,986 Views, 65 Comments

Morning in Ponyville - Skarsnik



The latest addition to the Sparkle family, Morning Star, takes to Ponyville with her sister Happiness isn’t all she'll bring into Twilight’s Ponyville life. Will the secrets this little filly carries change Twilight's relationships

  • ...
14
 65
 2,986

Chapter 13 - Part 2

Spitfire looked at the gathering of pegasus in front of her. She could easily recognize the most athletic ones, mostly the weather ponies and the occasional pegasus carrier, the first ones were more fit than the average pegasus while the other had a more bulk frame, the sign of a long time of flying carrying heavy loads.

It was a regular occurrence to see so many pegasus gathered to do a tornado. It was also the first time she saw the thing transformed into a celebration of some sort. There was even what she guessed to be the whole school here, judging by the group of colts and fillies. She had laughed when Rainbow Dash told her Ponyville was going to break the record, that was the reason she came herself to oversee the event. Now she was not really laughing, the number she received from, surprisingly, a baby dragon, about the last count of wingpower was too close to the limit.

“Come on everypony, we don’t want to look bad in front of a Wonderbolt.” a very ‘Bolt-worthy black stallion said to the group of pegasus gathered in front of him.

Spitfire turned her head toward the mare under the baby dragon “You are not in charge?”

Rainbow Dash, a very promising future recruit grumbled, “I can’t fly, so no point to lead them.”

The fierce yellow pegasus looked at the small bandage holding the other mare's foreleg “I thought you only broke your arm.”

Rainbow Dash snorted “Heck, I know, but Captain of the Royal Guard Shining Armor said that it was a risk.”

Spitfire laughed “Yes, I can see that” she poked the injured foreleg, smirking when she saw the other mare wince at the touch “a bad landing will make your injuries worse.”

“He is stupid. Come on! You know that I could ride a tornado without any legs.”

The Captain frowned “Are you sure you did not break something up there?” she pointed at her head. “That would be reckless.”

To Splitfire surprise the baby dragon slapped the mare behind the head “Typical Rainbow Dash, nothing up there.”

“Hey that was uncalled for”

“You insulted Shining Armor.”

“You two are so cute. You should do a comic duo!” peeped a pink mare. She put a cupcake in Spitfire’s hoof “A pre-welcome in Ponyville cupcake!”

Spitfire looked at the cupcake and then back where the pink pony appeared but she was already gone. She looked at the group of civilians that was 50 meters away where she spotted the same mare talking with a group of fillies. “How-”

“Don’t question it” interrupted the baby dragon. “Just don’t”

Spitfire shrugged, Ponyville was the host of a lot of weird stuff, recently she had to deal with a dragon rampaging the town and it was like nothing happened. She just took a bit at the cupcake. It was good “Not bad.”

“Thank you. I made them.” replied the baby dragon.

“You made them?”

The baby dragon narrowed his eyes and made a show of his teeth. “Yes” he smashed one fist into the other “I crushed the skulls of thousands of ponies to make the flour.” he paused dramatically “I hunted a hundred phoenix to steal their eggs” he paused again, then roared “and I baked everything on the top of a raging volcano.”

Spitfire's jaw opened wide.

He switched back to smiling “Na, I baked them with Pinkie Pie…oven.”

Spitfire smirked, this little guy was fun “I love your style” she paused “When you grow wings, came by to get some free lessons”

“Awesome.”

“Hey, that's my line,” complained Rainbow Dash.

Spitfire looked at the black stallion that was coming back to them “It seems your team is ready.”

“Yes, ma'am.”

“Ok” she looked at the baby dragon that hopped from the pegasus and stood aside from the anemometer “good?”

He gave a perfectly executed small salute “Yes, ma'am.” she really needed to learn more about this little guy.

The pegasus gathered, then slowly started walking in a circle, on a predefined signal, they took off one by one. They soon started flying in circles with enough coordination to never collide into each other. It was always a marvel to see this, even if it was kind of a routine for a weather pony.

As they gained speed Spitfire was worried, she looked at the big anemometer that displayed the accumulated wingpower and it was clearly not enough to make it work at all. It was all written in Rainbow Dash face and also by the frantic scribbling of the young dragon on his notepad.

To Spitfire surprise, his face lights up when he taped on his notepad one last time “Rainbow Dash!”

“Hu, yes?” replied the aforementioned mare.

“Not you, featherbrain!”

“You called my name,” grumbled the mare.

“Yes, no, I mean… Captain Spitfire?” inquired Spike.

“Yes?”

“I added Rainbow Dash wingpower for my calculation and it should be enough.”

Rainbow Dash started trotting in place “You mean, I am allowed to fly now? It’s about time.”

“No. But I figured Captain Spitfire has probably more wingpower than you, being… the captain of the Wonderbolt.”

The little guy plan made sense for the Captain, except Spitfire was not sure she could compare to Rainbow Dash, sure she was more fit than any pegasus in Equestria but she was not able to perform a Sonic Rainboom.

Still she could not admit that in public “Ok, kid. But only because you asked nicely” she removed her jacket and gave it to Rainbow Dash. “Don’t mess with it.”

Slowly she took off to join the others that were giving her earnest to try to build enough speed for the tornado to form properly. “Come on ponies, we need the water up there.”

Maybe it was some magic aura about seeing a Wonderbolt join them, but Spitfire noticed some nods and most pegasus trying to flap a bit harder to gain the precious extra wingpower needed to get the tornado going.

It took some time, mainly for Spitfire to fall into a good position where she could use her full strength and for the other strong flyers to adjust their pace, but slowly the water started to rise toward the center of the tornado. Now it was mainly a matter for the stronger flyers to keep the tornado rolling while the more weather proficient ponies ensured the water kept flowing properly up to Cloudale.

She was getting tired but Spitfire was glad it was time to disrupt the tornado, it was still not an easy step, you had to correctly slow down the whole thing to avoid it getting out of control and causing issues to civilians, but she could see that it was getting hard for a lot of pegasus to even keep flying. “Alright ponies, it’s time to wrap this up.”

Sadly, as her follows flyers were trying to slow down correctly the strong winds, it became apparent that will not go smoothly, some were struggling to stay focused and not bump into each other. And eventually, it happened, the more tired ponies provoked collisions and it quickly went out of control. Luckily the winds were already slow enough to not damage anything seriously, but it sent a lot of pegasus spiralling out of control.

Spitfire recovered fast enough herself, years of training would do that, but watched with horror as some were going too fast toward the ground, she wanted to close her eyes to not watch them crash, but it did not come. A magenta magic aura caught them all and they all were levitated toward a clear area near a medical tent.

Spitfire landed down near the unicorn that had just accomplished this feat, she knew some royal guards trained specially to catch ponies crashing, but it was at most 1-2 ponies, not a whole flock of pegasus.

“That was impressive, Twilight Sparkle. Probably a record of some sort.”

“Ho, good afternoon Captain Spitfire.” The mare wobbled “It was nothing. I have a test soon and I practised various things.”

“Or does it have to do with catching some cute little muffin filly?” asked a bouncing Pinkie Pie with Spike now at her side.

“Maybe” replied Twilight before one of her legs gave out and she fell to the ground. “Hoo the ground feels nice.”

Spitfire noted the Medical tent nearby and shouted: “Medic, Medic needed here!”

Soon enough a nurse rushed toward them. She looked at the unicorn on the ground “Again?” She looked behind her and soon enough a filly with a small nurse cap joined her “Assistant Nurse Dinky, what do you see?”

“A severe magic ex..... thing caused by an intense use of magic! Symptoms are patient showing…, feeling weak and can even pass out.`` The filly looked at the nurse.

“Magic exhaustion, good job, assistant Nurse Dinky. And what do you prescribe?”

“A big nap!”

“It’s called bed rest, but you get the idea. So now what do we do?”

The filly scrunched her nose and then looked at the nurse with a smile “Hm, we give a muffin to the patient for recovery?”

“A muffin would be nice, assistant nurse Nurse Dinky” giggled lightly Twilight Sparkle from the ground.

The nurse laughed then called “Stretcher, Stretcher needed here.” she looked at the unicorn on the ground “And you, Miss Sparkle, just rest. If l saw you walking out the tent before I said so, I put you in restraints.”

She nodded weakly when a massive white pegasus stallion passed nearby Spitfire. He was carrying a stretcher under his foreleg. He laid down the stretcher on the floor, put the mare delicately on it, then with one flick of his hoof put the whole thing above his head and ran away toward the medical tent.

“Show off” snorted the nurse.

“Can he even fly?” asked a shocked Spitfire, this town was crazy.

“Yes, but be my guess as to how” she smiled “but seriously he looks tough but he is a nice stallion.”

“Interested?” smirked Spitfire.

The nurse blushed slightly but replied “... I have other patients to see.” and trotted away toward the tent.

“Drink?” proposed Pinky Pie to Spitfire “You must be super-duper thirty after flying like super duper fast, going round round round...” she kept repeating doing the motion with her head.

Spitfire took the offered drink, not sure if it was to make the other mare stop or because she was actually thirty.

“Thank you, Miss Pie.”

“No problem, ma'am!” the mare gave a sloppy salute before starting to run off.

She felt a tap on her hind leg, she spun and met a nervous baby dragon “Hello again,” he said.

He looked nervously around “Twilight is not here, but she would want me to apologize.”

“Apologize for what?”

“For trapping you and your squad under a roof piece?”

She remembered being called to fend off a huge dragon in Ponyville, but he had been smart and quickly disposed of her squad, in a quite humiliating fashion. And he was apparently this little guy?

“That was you?” Spitfire asked.

“Yes. It’s a weird story.”

--

Spike told his crazy birthday story to the Captain of the Wonderbolts, he apologized profusely and received an autograph from the pegasus in return. He then went back to meet with Thunderlane, Rainbow Dash and the rest of the weather team to do a debrief.

“I can’t believe you make the Captain of the Wonderbolt join us” Thunderlane gave him a light jab on the back. “Smart thinking Spike.”

“Thank you, Thunderlane.” he tapped his notepad and looked at everypony “Good job everypony. It was a close call. I mean it’s obvious why you barely made it” he pointed a claw at Rainbow Dash “You pushed ponies too hard so it weakened them and they easily caught the feather flu.”

The accused pegasus grumbled something along the line “that not how the flu work”

The other pegasus nodded, especially the one who was still missing some feathers from the flu and had not been able to participate.

“Ok team” continued Thunderlane “Aside from ponies with the flu, we have no casualty this year.”

“I landed on my butt!” complained Rumble, rubbing his flank. That was replied with some snickers.

“Even counting my little brother hurt pride, we did better than last year.” the group of pony gave a small cheer. “Still we need to work more on breaking formation next time.” he raised his hoof to cut reply “Anyways, let’s go enjoy the small party, I will fill the paperwork for Cloudsdale, tomorrow.”

“Woohoo, you are the best, boss.”

Rainbow Dash shouted at the quickly disappearing crowd of pegasus “Hey, I am still your boss..”

Spike patted the mare on one leg “Hey, now you know how I feel when you girls go save Equestria.”

“What does it have to do with everything?”

“Nothing, come on, let’s grab something to eat, that will cheer you up!” smiled Spike.

“You talk like Pinkie Pie. I hope there is some apple cider, I am thirsty!”

Spike glared at her friend that flinched slightly.

“Oh right, freaking stubborn Applejack.” she sighed “I never saw her so upset so long. Nor she...” she looked at her foreleg and remained silent for a while.

“Are you alright Rainbow?” Spike asked, looking at what was probably a rare sight: a silent, not excited Rainbow Dash.

The mare looked around, they were getting closer to a stand selling food that was usually found in a fair that had been stormed by the weather team. They were probably not served soon.

“Dunno, Can you keep a secret?”

“You have no idea.” Spike muttered “Yes. Do you want me to make a Pinkie promise?” Spike liked Pinkie, but sometimes she was a bit too silly.

“Na, it’s fine. I got invited to the Wonderbolts to perform a Sonic Rainboom at the end of their show for the Royal Wedding.”

“Hey, that’s great”

“Not so loud” Rainbow sushed Spike.

“I don’t get it” It was not a real secret that it was Rainbow Dash's dream, Spike was not sure he could find a single pony in Ponyville that did not know that. “Or are you afraid of not being able to do it?”

“What? No way!” “It’s more, you know, if Rarity learns about it she will get mad. And I already have Applejack mad at me.”

“She probably has a spot near the palace, don’t worry.”

Rainbow Dash put a hoof behind her head “Well, that's the thing, Soarin wants me to go to the wedding with him!”

Spike smiled, seeing an occasion of teasing the mare, “is that a date?”

The pegasus blushed “What? No!” she looked around “Just forget it”

--

Spike got back to the library, he was tired after helping various ponies clean, he longed for a comfy chair, one of his favourite comic books before going to bed. Maybe he could read one with Morning, even if she was more into foalish thing.

He really likes the filly, he was never really jealous of her, because he was only to be Twilight assistant and she was her daughter, and to be honest she was so cute he had a hard time getting mad at her.

Lately, she had become a bit wilder, especially when she was with Dinky, but at least the library was filled with laughter on a daily basis and not only when Pinkie was around. It was a nice change in Twilight mood, she was a bit melancholic before Morning was here, it mostly showed at the end of the day, when she had some free time to think after all the usual craziness of Ponyville. Now Twilight was mostly annoyed or happy. Annoyed when the 2 fillies decided to mess up with the books in the library and happy that Morning feels comfortable enough to go along.

He almost fell tumbling on a book on the floor when he noticed that something was wrong, aside from the obvious fact that a book was laying on the floor. The library was in disarray, shelves had been moved, and there were also cushions everywhere.

Spike shouted with a trembling voice “I… am a trained Dragon, I can harm you” as he moved deeper in the library. He noticed that the kitchen door was open, and inside were two ponies, which made him relax.

But it was not a reassuring sight, Twilight was half looking at a book, half crying. Next to her was Dinky.

“No, No, No” Twilight kept repeating while nearly tearing each page of the book turned them forcefully.

Meanwhile Dinky rushed toward Spike. She looked scared and was holding Morning’s plushie.

“What is wrong, Dinky?” asked Spike half looking at the afraid filly and Twilight.

Dinky dropped the plushie and was fast to hug Spike while crying “Morning is missing.”

Author's Note:

The last part took me forever to finish, it's still rushed :(

Comments ( 6 )

Dinky dropped the plushie and was fast to hug Spike while crying “Morning is missing.”

:rainbowderp::twilightoops::pinkiegasp:

that can't be good

woo new chapter.

As Twi would say "This is not good this is not good at all" so I hope she is ok and is found

it would be quite funny if the Blueblood in this story was the one from Prince Blueblood hate tea and Royal Punishment

and he had also help Twilight with her Duaghter, and Morning kinda saw him as her stepdad becuase he was with Twilight

11382918
Haha. Blueblood in this story is less nice. But It would have been a really weird relationship with Shining Armor :)

11382969

damn :/

but hope he is not to rude :twilightsheepish:

well yaa it would kinda have been, but no stranger then it is with Cadance.

i mean the relationship in the frist place is a little weird Twilight having a child with her brother :rainbowderp::rainbowhuh:
so no i think they would have made it work and with Blueblood and Cadance being family, he could have been in on it (what ever it is) and help Twilight with morning


still looking forward to getting that explain proberly / the story, we have gotten alot of hint, and snips and snaps about it.
and that dream Morning saw was even more confusing becuase it seems Twilight was in pain or something else and then Mornings reaction to the whole dream :rainbowderp::twilightoops:

good story and hope it gets more love

Login or register to comment