• Published 28th Mar 2015
  • 14,824 Views, 663 Comments

When lightning strikes... - FrostTheWolf



A boy wakes up in the world of the Power ponies as The Azure Striker; Gunvolt. However, if they see him as a hero or not is another story[Displaced story][Azure Striker Gunvolt/MLP crossover]

  • ...
65
 663
 14,824

PreviousChapters Next
Strike 44- A New Journey Part 2

Author's Note:

Part 2 of my ongoing crossover right now with Pen Dragon in the realm of both "The Displaced" and "A New Destiny". This time around, I wanted to focus more on personal character development with Lance, going as far as to answer the question of why he wants to help others so much. It may also dive into some... moments that may hit you with feels. (Consider that as an advanced warning).

More of this crossover will come out in due time, but I want to focus more on the upcoming crossover between two of my own stories, Monkey Business and Of Magic and Machines. In the meantime though, I hope you enjoy this and many other things to come in the near future.
-Frost

When Lightning Strikes- A New Journey Part 2


Everfree Forest

As both Lance and Lumen exited the Everfree Forest, the breezie herself was still infuriated by Suicune’s behavior earlier to the point where it felt like the only thing that he was hearing on the way back was Lumen’s ranting. When she was done though, all she did was decided to fall asleep inside his hair because she wanted to get the entire subject of Suicune off of her mind.

Lance after a while… began to wonder why? Why would Suicune act that way towards him and Lumen, just what was he hiding from them? He didn’t do anything wrong, but Suicune’s actions towards him made him feel as if he somehow messed up unknowingly. Which really got under the skin because of the amount of responsibility that being part of the Power Ponies came with. He was supposed to be a good person and a role model for others, especially if he was going to form his own team of heroes in the future. However, this was a major blow to his self confidence. Of course though, one of the main things that he thought about was about one other person who helped get him and Lumen here in the first place.

That being Exuberant Witness, and shortly after stepping out of the forest, he soon noticed her nearby… patiently waiting for him to come back. “So did you find out what the trail lead to?” she asked, folding her arms.

“Yes, but you may be surprised by what happened.” He told her, before explaining what happened in full detail. From Suicune to the prometheans being there, Monster X planning to capture him and then the Beast King showing up later. Monster X and the Beast King were no more, but Lord Suicune himself ran off. Even after Lance insisted that he was only there in order to help him. Even the mentioning of Exuberant herself had no effect on the Pokemon.

“He’s a lot different from how you described him before, but yes, somehow he’s definitely changed. He even went as far as to piss off Lumen… and that’s a rarity in itself. What do you think would make him so… well Hostile? Was it how I approached him or something I said?” The Adept finished explaining before turning to the android.

“Even war can change someone in one way or another, but to think he’ll go so far as to threaten you just for helping? It’s just a little hard to believe….”

“I would agree with you there.” Lance acknowledged her. “He said something about you protect your world, I protect mine like I was trying to take away his job. That’s not what I’m here to do. I’m here to help him because unlike in my world, where I can have someone else take over for me while I’m gone, he doesn’t have that.” That… in a sense was true. This world, besides Suicune, had no other displaced that he could call his allies. Meaning that any possible displaced, whether friend or foe, would be treated as an enemy. Maybe that was the reason why he was so hostile to him earlier. Yet he was still unsure as to Suicune’s true reasons for his behavior.

“Well while you guys were gone I did managed to have retrieved an old video in my data banks, but it’s not much to go off of, but I think it’ll help,” Exuberant said,

“What’s the video about?” Lance raised an eyebrow as he looked back at her. Curious as to what she found.

“I don’t know? I’ve been trying to get it to work, but it’s been encrypted by my previous programming, which I have no memory of at all.” For a moment Lance thought that there was something he had that could assist with that and remembered that he had his gauntlet… however, he then remembered that he was cut off from Aurora, the one who normally helped him with breaking through encryptions. Meaning that this… he was probably going to have to do the hard way… and that was to carefully use his powers to override the file without trying to destroy it either,

“May I have a look at it?” He then asked, having his gauntlet at the ready. “I think I may know something that can work, but I need you to trust me on this.”

“Okay I’ll trust you, but don’t do anything naughty~” she said, winking at the Adept. The Adept rolled his eyes, receiving the video file as he applied some of his electricity into the gauntlet he had. Just like when he first arrived back in his world and had used some electricity to tinker with certain devices, Lance was using his electricity to bypass the security inputs on it. All… except one.

“Hey Exuberant… this is asking me for a password,” He told her, looking back at the android in confusion. “Any idea what I should input?”

“I don’t know? My programming is still trying to recover as much memory as it can, but I believe we could try and access it later once I regain my memories on it,” Well that was just great, the only lead they had to finding answers was protected by a password that Exuberant so happened to erase from her memories.

“Suicune must have thought of everything if he’s trying to keep his secret safe. Well the best we could do now is head to Canterlot and hope that Celestia will listen to reason.” Lance suggested, but there was still one issue. He had heard of Canterlot… but never actually had been to Canterlot before. So finding his way around there would be like trying to navigate his way out of a maze.

But the thought of that wanted him to try something with the password thing. That it wasn’t asking for a specific word in order to have it run… it was asking for a symbol. That was not only surprising… but also made him think of a possible answer. Before being displaced, he had an old DS game called Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs where the player could trace out different symbols to call upon different legendary Pokemon… and one of the Legendary Pokemon that he liked to call upon ironically was Suicune. He remembered the Symbol that represented the Pokemon and began to trace it precisely on his gauntlet, hoping it would work.

Only to have one surprising response. “Access Granted.” That was a surprise even to the Adept, but still, his gamble paid off. Within seconds, what was originally guarding the video was down and the footage itself was ready to be seen. “You were saying?”

“Well not only are you charming, but smart too,” She complimented as she pulled the video up on her projector.

The video began to play. And who was speaking surprised Lance personally… because it was the person that he was asked to look for.

“Exuberant remember, once the portal is complete, I want all data of me to be erased. Except for this video,” Suicune reminded her.

“Of course, my lord,” she replied.

“Anyone who so happens to discover this video, I want you to know the truth of all Displaced. Every single one of them has been corrupted by power, besides a selective few who still wish to return to their past lives. Know that you as an individual are stronger as your true self. Not as a Displaced. Displaced are weak, pathetic, power hungry creatures. It’s a sign that they have lost their humanity and have forgotten who they really are.”

“Prove that you are strong enough to resist these temptations and maybe you’ll find peace. As for me I have decided to leave this wretched world, because this once peaceful and happy place has turned into a prison for those who have lost their way. I can only trust the two Displaced that I have known for the past few centuries with this secret. And if you're wise enough to heed my words. Than you’ll leave that world and either find a place to live out your days, or return home to Earth, your one and true home. I won’t be going home, because everything I had is gone and I’m alone… Exuberant… you are free to go… That’s all I have to say.” And with that the video ended leaving nothing but a fuzzy screen. Upon looking at it… Lance had only one thought for it… and it was that he was not what Suicune had tried to label the Displaced as. The ones he knew, including himself, were not like this. They weren’t consumed by their gifts. It instead made them who they were. For one thing, there was nothing in order for him to return too back home. Everyone he knew and everything that he helped put together and care for was in the world he arrived in.

Then… there was this prison. What Suicune and them know in secret… If that were the case… then the secret needed to come out… and the walls of the prison needed to be torn down.

“I’m starting to recall some of these events, but it’s still fuzzy,” Exuberant said, placing her hand on her chin as she’s trying to think.

“Is it true what then mentioned about this… prison? Because Zsoltan and you also mentioned the Warden Eternal coming from such a prison as well.” Lance replied, wanting to hear her input.

“That world is a prison itself, Lance. For over two thousand years I’ve been there, hoping to one day leave that place. The prisons are for the Warden and the other traitors which are created by the Elder Siblings.” she explained.

“And how the hell do these Elder Siblings define who’s a traitor?” He then asked. “Because whatever they are doing is the reason for this… We need to help Suicune and it seems that the only other way that would be possible is to put a stop to what they’re doing.”

“Even if we did tell everyone about this, they would still consider him a traitor, he was an Elder Sibling, before he passed his position down to Zsoltan. The Displaced today see the Elder Siblings as gods, and even if one steps out of line. They’ll see it as treason and will do anything to please them. To the point of taking out those who betray the Elders,” Exuberant explained.

“Well, I know about gods and whoever does that to them is sickening,” He growled, before thinking of something in his head. “Even if they’re gods, that doesn’t mean that they’re perfect. They have flaws too… and a major flaw might lead to the chance we need… The Elder Siblings were the ones to release the Warden Eternal right?”

“Yes, but the people see it as an act of redemption, the Warden was probably the best option since his defeat in the first war was mostly due to Suicune’s forces. It’s like a cover up, the Warden gets his revenge and the Elders remain in power.” Exuberant added.

“Then I know how exactly we’ll make it a bad decision on their part,” Lance replied, looking back to where he just was as he sighed a little. “Deny his revenge… and make sure he can never get it…” He knew it sounded crazy, but if these siblings think they made the right choice in releasing the Warden Eternal… then he was going to prove otherwise. After all, there were some things that he had been working on in his spare time that could play a major factor into this. First was that his Dullahan and Carbine Bolts were enhanced with Promethean technology courtesy of Church… the second was that he had been rebuilding the energy blade he once had and taking it out now, the energy of the blade itself replicated that of the Warden’s own sword for a minute before he dismissed it.

“I doubt that your plan would work Lance, the Elders have been around for over four thousand years. Defeated the most powerful enemies in existence and have found ways to stretch the truth. The only one who could change the decision of the other siblings is Lord Yasha, the strongest above them all. But with his relationship with the other three is strong and wouldn’t hesitate to agree with them,”

“In their universe, yes… But I’m not of their universe… and I don’t play by their rules…” He said. “I stopped the Beast King and even sapped Monster X of his strength. What I would believe would be two other members of that prison… a

“Sadly that’s not the case, they were part of Suicune’s old military in the second war, before Lord Ozai requested them to join. The prison is filled with god like beings that were formed when the Displaced was first founded. Trust me I know, especially with the third war against Vlitra and the Gohma.” That was then that something clicked in Lance’s head. He had heard of the words Yasha and Gohma before… and then realized something.

“If that’s the case… Then tell me something… did these Elder Siblings ever betray anyone on their own?” He asked, thinking of something in his head. “Like betray someone that was once a sibling like them… Because one particular name is coming into my head right now every time you mention Yasha.”

“No, I have all records of the Displaced and Suicune was the only one who was betrayed. There hasn’t been any others that have been part of the Elder Siblings.” She explained.

“Then let me ask you something… Does the word… Asura… mean anything to this topic?”

“Ah, yes… he was part of the final battle against Vlitra, before sacrificing himself to imprison Vlitra. But that was over a thousand years ago. So if you’re thinking he could help, I seriously doubt it.” Exuberant replied, diminishing any previous thought he had.

“Well damn… that makes it a bit harder then…” Lance cursed. He had thought that somehow, there was someone that could help him other than Suicune.

“Besides there hasn’t been anyone who could come close to defeating the Elders in a fair fight. The closest I would have to say was Monster X, but from what you told me he’s…..sorta dust now,” Lance was about to reply until he heard someone cough right behind him.

“I think you guys are going to need someone who could help Lord Suicune with that,” Soon Exuberant and Lance turned to see….the Beast King still alive somehow.

“Okay, just how the actual hell… You were electrocuted by lighting, shot point blank in the head and you are still alive? How does this even make sense?” The Adept questioned. “Please don’t tell me you got a healing factor or something like that…”

“Hehehehe….so very funny, one I have a very thick skull and it wasn’t the first time I was shot in the head point blank. Secondly I have nine lives, well seven to be exact because someone killed me today!” Beast King said, growling at Lance mostly. “But I’m willing to let bygones be bygones, I heard what the video said and what you’ve two been talking about. But I hate to break it to ya, but before I even got here the Elders have figured out a way to travel between worlds thanks to the Warden,” Lance groaned at this… before realizing something.

“Is it because of something the Warden came up with or-” He asked, the thought of that coming off the top of his head. Only to get a much different response than the one he originally thought of because of the Beast King.

“No it’s because two idiots actually figured out a way to travel to other worlds. The Elders were able to find… energy thingys or something. But they have to go the long way around meaning they’d have to travel through multiple dimensions just to get here,” Beast King said, scratching his head.

“Why’s that?” Exuberant asked.

“Something about the portal not allowing them to travel through, like a barrier was placed there to keep them from coming through. So, now other worlds are being invaded by the Displaced. Not to mention others have been converted into the Displaced as well,” Lance was shocked at this revelation. Other Displaced are being taken in by them… by force no less. That was low… and that made his blood boil.

“How many worlds have been taken?” Lance asked.

“I believe three of them have been taken, but their wasn’t that much resistance on any of them. Only ponies and individual displaced. Honestly I think the wars we’ve had were much more horrifying than that,” Beast said, but Lance pulled out his gun, switched the ammo to his Dullahan bolt clip and held it up towards his throat.

“Talk… now!!” Lance demanded.

“Listen, we were tasked to kill Lord Suicune, but Lord Ozai and Elysium are more interested in doing it themselves. That’s why both of them are traveling to this world since we can somehow travel through it.” Beast King explained, but Lance himself needed him to spill out everything. Not just bits and pieces like what the lion was doing right now in order to save his hide.

“And how the hell were you and that freak you were with able to get here in the first place other than with the Prometheans?” He countered, acknowledging what the Beast King said, but knew that it wasn’t the full story.

“Like I said, we were able to somehow because the portal accepted us,” Hearing this though, made the Adept then think of something else… they were trying to find a way to bypass it. So they didn’t have to use the teleporter in the first place. Because it only accepts some, but not others.

“What happens to those that aren’t accepted then?”

“They have to travel the long way, like the Elders.” He said, making him realize something.

“So you’re telling me that the reason for those other worlds and people are being converted because they can’t get through…” He repeated himself, before having some of his electricity through his arms. “Now… I’m pissed.”

“If you’re a Displaced, than you’ll be forced to join or perish. I told all that I could offer, since most of this stuff I’m not suppose to tell, but between the two of us, the Elders are quite pissed that they can’t come this way.”

“I’d rather die like Asura did to save the people I care for that I call my own family then join and be a coward to myself and to everyone I care for. I’m not going back on my word and I’m not giving up now…”

“Who are you calling a coward?” Ignoring the Beast King, he then turned to Exuberant and looked at her. He needed to warn Suicune of what was happening… but also needed to stop them too. This was all started because of him and Exuberant… and he was going to not let it continue onward.

“Exuberant, warn Lord Suicune… But while you’re at it… remember how we got here originally?” He questioned, seeing if the Android remembered.

“If you are planning on going back, then I’m afraid I can’t do that…” she replied.

“I was not asking for you to send me back… I was asking for you to bring them here. They’re tearing apart worlds to get to us and one of them is one that my own family is on. We need to steer their attention away from them and into the canyon where we were earlier. Because I will be damned if I let those monsters destroy anything I worked so hard to protect.” He growled, a fierce cyan glow being emitted from his eyes and from his hands. “We’ll need a new plan then… confront them somewhere where they can’t cause harm to anyone… because I’m sure as hell not going to let them get away with this. They need to pay for their crimes and for what they have done.”

“I don’t think it’s possible to summon them, something’s keeping them from getting in and we’ll on make things harder on us than it already is… we need to convince Suicune to listen to us first, before we do anything rash,” Exuberant said, as the Beast King nodded in agreement.

“That’s why getting to him is a higher priority…” Lance said, before looking at the Beast King. “Except he… needs to stay. Suicune will still see him as a threat rather than an ally after the last confrontation and tensions are already tight as it is.” The Adept then told Exuberant as they both looked at him. “There’s a cave nearby a lakebed on the opposite end of town. Go there and remain hidden until we say otherwise.”

“Sorry, but I think I’ve had enough of this world… I am going back home. See ya around!” With that said, the Beast King disappeared into the forest. Lance wanted to go after him, but if he did, it would only delay him from delivering the news to Suicune. That and the fact that the Beast King had to deal with whatever lived in the Everfree first beforehand before he was able to truly go back to his home. Turning to Exuberant, he only had one thing to say.

“Let’s hurry. The more time we waste here, the less time we have to warn Suicune.”

“Okay, I think I can navigate us through Canterlot city and we should be able to reach the castle by nightfall.” Exuberant explained. He nodded his head and let her lead the way to where they needed to be. Hopefully, to bring them there sooner than nightfall.


Back at Canterlot

“Sister, should I go find those Displaced that Suicune spoke of?” Luna asked shortly after her sister called for a recess to the day court. The Solar Alicorn was honestly surprised to hear this question the second that she had trotted into the hall of elements to find her sister suited in battle armor and armed with a sword.

“I believe so, but be aware that these Displaced are dangerous and could possibly harm you,” Celestia warned, but judging from her grin she could tell that she was confident in her abilities. “You must use force only if necessary.”

“Worry not, dear sister! From what Suicune described, it seems that this one won’t be an issue for me to handle. After all, Monster X and Beast King aren’t close to our power, meaning this Displaced won’t be any different.” The Lunar Princess boasted triumphantly, almost beginning to shout in the royal canterlot voice. Celestia could tell that she was confident. But they were to find this Displaced to ask for help, not to pick any fights.

“Remember you need to bring them here to discuss more about this problem they have,” She reminded her sister gently, but still wanted to make sure that she took her words to heart. “Not to demonstrate the power that you possess. If this displaced was able to not only help Suicune, but survive in a fight against both of the opponents that he described, then this is one to not be underestimated. Do I make myself clear?”

Luna then sighed, actually acknowledging her sister this time and changing her tone of voice. “As crystal, sister. I shall be back soon!! Look forward to our arrival!” With that, she began to triumphantly trot out towards the door.

“Good luck, Luna,” She said, wishing the best of luck for her sister. Suicune described this other Displaced as strong, but Celestia was confident that this wouldn’t be such a difficult for one such as her sister. But it did not mean that she should not be cautious. If this displaced was like what Suicune had told her, then she should approach him with the utmost of caution.

“I take it your sister is on her way to pick up those… Displaced?

“Yes she does intend to Suicune, but she shouldn’t have to be the one to do this task,” Celestia answered, giving the former Lord a questioning look. Suicune knew this very well and only gave a light chuckle.

“True, but you know why I can’t Celestia, being near any Displaced, besides those who were close to me, would be bad. I wouldn’t be able to control myself if I was alone with them. You know what I’m capable of if angered. Especially when you threw that building at me with your magic.” Suicune countered, causing the Princess of the Sun to blush in embarrassment after what happened nearly a month ago.

“I do recall our battle… but that’s all behind us now. We’ve come to know each other since then, and in that time a lot of things have changed.” Celestia told him in response, but before she could continue, the two of them could hear some commotion outside.

“What in the blue blazes is going on out there?” Suicune asked, hearing a loud rumble coming from the outside. Only to see Lance being chased by Luna as she was waving her swords around like a maniac.

“Oh for the love of all things holy, I told you I’m NOT a freaking villain!! Can you listen to me for like two seconds!?” The Adept yelled as he had ducked his head to dodge a vertical slash from one of the lunar princesses scimitars.

“That is exactly what a villain would say, you deceiving cretin!” Luna shouted, as she fired a bolt of magic from her horn at the Adept. However, unlike when he dodged her slashes earlier when she was running, Lance just hold still as the blast phased through him, his prevision turning him into static electricity as the magic collided with a nearby wall.

“Look, my friend and I need to talk to Suicune immediately, but we can’t do that when you are trying to cut off Exuberant Witnesses’ head and shooting magic at me!” The Azure Striker tried convincing her, before another shot towards his head was fired, only with the same result as the last one. “We need to warn him of what’s happening-!!”

“I’m guessing we’re going to have to step in?” Celestia suggested, but Suicune could only watch in amusement at the Adept’s expense.

“Not yet, I find this rather funny and this doesn’t happen everyday you know,” Celestia could only roll her eyes in response to what the Pokemon just told her. However, there was one thing that immediately caught his attention… Making this less amusing… and much more serious.

“Look, the longer that it would take for us to warn him, the more worlds that Elysium and Lord Ozai would tear through in order to go after Suicune!! We have important information regarding his safety and the safety of the kingdom, so PLEASE listen to me!!!” The Adept shouted, trying to get Luna to listen to reason. But when he did, it was then that one of Luna’s blades scraped his cheek, way too close to his eye, but enough to draw a bit of blood before he tried to heal himself. “What the hell do I need to do in order to get you to stop!?!”

“You Displaced have been nothing but trouble for us, if you really are Suicune’s ally, than tell me why were you hiding from the guards? Or running away from me when I approached thee?” She asked.

“I wasn’t hiding from the guards at all! Besides, how else do you think ponies would react if you were in the same position I’m in!?” He questioned, using Instant Transmission to teleport himself behind Luna and to gain some distance between him and the Alicorn trying to attack him. “I don’t want to fight you, so can you please just calm down for two seconds and listen to me!?!”

“Luna!” Celestia called out, landing beside her along with Suicune, both with looks of disappointment. One towards Luna… while the other was towards the Adept.

“You couldn’t have heed my words, Lance Walker.” Suicune said, just as Exuberant Witness caught up with Lance and both of them looked at the Pokemon. “And I thought I ordered you to erase everything on me, Exuberant.”

“Because there’s more to this than you might know, Suicune.” Lance addressed him, getting to one knee as a sign of respect. “And you need to know this now… because the longer you put this off, the worse the current situation gets.”

“Also, she had a backup drive.” Lumen answered the second question. “Didn’t have everything, but just a few things to start.”

“Still you should have heeded my words, this isn’t your fight and the longer you stay the more who’ll suffer in your world,” he stated, before turning towards Exuberant. “It’s time for you to take Walker home, Exuberant. He doesn’t understand what he’s getting into.”

“No, I don’t believe you understand what is happening now…” Lance interjected, turning to Exuberant Witness. “We found out that those who are coming after you are tearing through dimensions and enslaving every potential displaced they could find to do their bidding just to capture you. I had friends and family that are in those other realms of the multiverse and I will be damned if anything happens to them.”

“Lord Suicune, we were also told that the ones who were leading this campaign to capture you were two individuals named Lord Ozai and Elysium. However, it appears that they want to capture you themselves rather than send their troops to do it.” Exuberant then spoke up.

“I figured Ozai would be behind this, but it’s hard to believe that Elysium would do anything like that. She always obeys Yasha. Why would she work with him?” He asked himself, before looking back towards Celestia and Luna. “It seems that you made a point about this one, Celestia, but if they are staying here than I want you to keep your eyes on him,” Suicune soon turned towards Lance with a deadly glare of hate. “Don’t trust him.”

With that said, Suicune turned away from the group and headed back into the castle without another word. Lance and Exuberant could only look back towards Celestia who looked at them suspiciously. “I don’t know whether to trust you, but I know that you're here to help us.”

“I hope you aren’t deceiving us, otherwise I make you regret it deeply!” Luna added, almost shouting in the Canterlot voice, before following after her sister. Shortly after that though was when the Azure Striker turned his head to look at Exuberant, who had another sultry grin on her face again.

“Guess this means we get to stay together?” Lance could only shudder at her words as he cleared his throat. Yup, she was definitely acting like his fiance with the kind of advances that she was trying to do on him. But his attention was on Lumen after what Luna had just said.

“Hey Lumen are you alright?” Lance asked, as the little Breezie shuddered in terror within his head.

“Please, Luna don’t kill me, I still have so much to live for…”

“Lumen, I think you are over exaggerating just a little…” The Adept sighed, looking back at Exuberant. “So what now?”

“It would be best to follow after the Royals, they might know more….”

“NO!” Lumen shouted, just causing Lance to roll his eyes.

“Like we have any other choice Lumen… Just stay out of sight and you won’t need to worry about Luna.” He told her as the two of them followed the sisters inside the castle that to them was more than a castle. It was their home.

Back inside the Castle, Suicune had wondered why this Displaced was determined to help him? It didn’t make any sense to him. All the Adept had to do was go home and the Elder Siblings would leave him and his world alone, but he still stayed despite his warnings. Was he just a crazy fool… or was there another reason behind it? He considered the possibility, but thought it would be best for him to look into it another time.

That fool has no idea what he’s getting into, but I suppose hearing him out would be fine. Then I’ll send him on his way.” He thought to himself in that moment as he watched the Adept look around the Hall of Elements. “Celestia, is this truly the only way?”

“I know you’re not fond of him, but he has information on what’s happening on other worlds,” Celestia said before whispering the next part. “Plus, when he was talking, I had a lie detection spell active. He’s telling the truth, Suicune… And if the two that he speaks of are just as strong as you… I fear that Equestria may be in danger if we don’t have him help us.”

“Celestia, I was the third strongest member of the Elders, but you make a valid point about one thing in particular,” He replied to the sun alicorn. “It’s the fact that Elysium is working with Ozai? Why would she work with him? She hates him, as far as I know.”

“So… is this Elysium a friend or special somepony from your world?” she asked hesitantly, but received a different response.

“No, she’s the last person I would even consider a friend, she would always claim to be better than everyone other than Lord Yasha. She always had a bad attitude towards others,” she didn’t know why, but she felt relieved to hear that for some reason.

“Oh good… for a moment, I thought she was somepony that was important to you,” Celestia commented. “It’s always harder to have to face a threat that’s someone you know and care for dearly.”

“I know… I know the feeling, Celestia,” He added, but as Celestia was about to say something, Lance and Exuberant walked into the room.

“Suicune? We need to talk about what’s been happening as of late…” Before he knew it Suicune’s eyes began to glow and somehow Lance was pushed back by the force. Exuberant soon ran to his side to help him up.

“You shouldn’t address him like that… I suggest it would be wise if you’d call him Lord Suicune for now on, otherwise you going to be spending a lot of time in the hospital,” Exuberant explained to him, simply replying with a nod as he stood on his feet once more.

“My apologies. Lord Suicune, we need to talk… if you are not too busy of course.” He corrected himself, seeing the pokemon with the alicorn next to him and thinking that he was interrupting him accidently.

“Fine, the sooner the better…” Suicune replied with a mild gruff, but he remained calm due to Celestia being present. “Well, are you going to inform me on what’s happening or are you going to just stand there and waste my time?!” Lance nodded, taking his time as he and Exuberant explained everything to him in full detail based on what the Beast King told him. Needless to say, hearing about how Lord Ozai and Elysium were trying to reach Suicune and what they were doing in the process really got his attention. Especially with the imprisoning of many others who were forced to be Displaced.

“I see, so they are taking those who were already Displaced and forcing them to join? Though I’m not surprised since it’s something Ozai would do, but still if Elysium is really involved like you say, than we might have a problem. Elysium is the second strongest of the Elder Siblings and if she’s working with Ozai, than she’s doing this for some other reason, but what?”

“That we don’t know… still, what we also know is that the Elder Siblings have been releasing prisoners that were originally locked away in order to come after you as well,” Lance added on. “One of whom went after Exuberant and I on the way here. I believe you know him as the Warden Eternal.”

“That isn’t a surprise since I’ve already fought those prometheans and you already told me this in the forest. I’m not too worried about him since our battle ended over four thousand years ago.” Suicune explained, but received a questioning look from Celestia.

“Even so, shouldn’t you still be worried? He is after you after all.” Celestia said.

“Yes and given the fact that one of the same Elder Siblings that’s coming after you let him out, something tells me that they were able to make a deal between one another. His freedom in exchange for his cooperation in hunting you,” Lance presumed, trying to put together certain pieces of the puzzle together. “It’s just a theory, but given everything we know, we’re still trying to figure out some things… yet, we shouldn’t be taking this lightly either. When I found you, those prometheans and Monster X used a device to weaken you and strain your powers. I have a feeling that we may be seeing something like that again.”

“Even so, I actually would have been able to escape with one of the abilities I learned during my training when I was first Displaced. Even though you’re right, the Warden wouldn’t rely on traps as much as his minions. He would rely on his multiple bodies, which was one of the reasons why we couldn’t destroy him…” Suicune explained, as he still tried to think of a way to finish the Warden. “If the Warden wasn’t around, then maybe Exuberant would be able to take over. But since he has so many bodies, the best option would be to imprison him again.”

“Because it would be too hard to find the main host… I get your point,” The Adept acknowledged his reasoning and what he was trying to say to him. “So, we’re dealing with Lord Ozai, Elysium and the Warden Eternal…… Lord Suicune, can I ask you something?”

“If it’s a stupid question than I’m not answering, but ask away,” he replied.

“You mention the Elder Siblings and how Elysium is the second strongest… but who exactly is the first? Is it this Lord Yasha that I heard Exuberant mention before or someone else entirely?” The Adept asked. It was an honest question and to an extent, it fit the topic that they were discussing. So, Suicune obliged and began to provide an answer.

“I’m sure Exuberant already told you that there used to be eleven in total, well five of us run the Displaced presently, while the other five have been imprisoned. But there was one who could rival the power of all ten. She was the one who had the idea of founding the Displaced in the first place… we knew each other for a very long time… her name was Amaterasu and she was the strongest among us, but she was killed before we made the ritual official.”

“I-i’m… sorry to hear about that.” Lance commented, not sure what to say after hearing about what happened to the one known as Amaterasu as he shrugged the back of his head. He now personally regretted asking the question, thinking that it seemed a little too… personal from the way Lord Suicune described it.

“I think… we’re done here… I’ll be retiring for the evening,” Suicune said, turning away from Celestia, Luna and the other Displaced as he exited the throne room. Celestia could only sigh as she followed after him, leaving both Lance and Exuberant alone with the night princess, who could only glare at them with hate.

“It seems you’ve upset both Celestia and Suicune, and for that I’m afraid you’ll have to leave to your rooms.”

“I-i’m sorry, I didn’t mean to bring up something that would cause emotional pain for them…” Lance apologized, looking a little down himself as he walked in the opposite direction of where Suicune and Celestia have left the building. The Adept after that moment wasn’t like his earlier self… which actually surprised and concerned both Luna and Exuberant.

“Sorry doesn’t change the fact that they’re upset now, Suicune has been through more than you can imagine and my sister understands his pain more than anyone here. If it were up to me, I would obliterate the lot of you and be done with it.” she stated, turning away from them. Only for her turn back to them. But before she could say anything, she noticed one thing drop down the Adepts face.

A tear. Something that was emotional… yet to Luna, was puzzling. Suicune was the one who was upset… so why would he be as well?

“You and Exuberant shall be sharing the same room, when Suicune is in a better mood I expect you to apologize to him.” All the Adept did was nod his head to himself as the doors closed behind him while Luna retired to her own quarters… however, something was still fresh on her mind and that was the Adept’s change in emotions. What would cause such a quick change on a subject such as the one they were discussing? For the princess of the night… it seemed like there was only one way to find out.

And that was by seeing his dreams.

“I believe it’s time for me to find out what he’s hiding,” Luna said, trotting towards her room to make some necessary preparations before going into the dreamscape. For one thing, she could only enter the dreamscape at night, while everypony was asleep and also, she could only be in there all the way until the morning. Which meant she had roughly ten or so hours to find out more about the Adept before he was to wake up. So, lying down on the bed in her room, she cast the spell and let her body rest… while her conscience was to go into his dreams.

Right away, upon first entering the Adept’s dreams, things were a blur. She could the sounds of an infant crying and the sounds of doctors working in the background as the vision became worse. For a moment, she felt like something about this… didn’t make sense. Until she heard something. “Doctor, we have a problem. We’re losing her!”

“Wha-? How!?” Another voice was heard.

“Her child is born, but the patient is losing too much blood. If we don’t do something right now, the patient will die!” One of the other doctors told her, when they heard someone else walk in. “Sir, you can’t be in here-.”

“I’m the father. What the hell is happening to my wife?” The new figure said, rushing to the side of a woman panting as the beeps of the machine keeping her alive were more rapid. “Cera, please stay with me! Cera!!”

The woman didn’t say anything originally… but before the silence was drowned out, Luna heard one last thing. “H-honey… o-our boy… name him Lance… Lance Walker.” That… startled the alicorn. She had only realized that the mother of this child had died just to make sure that he was born and living. The scene ended with her husband grieving for the loss of the one he loved… and cherishing the child he had with him.

But that did not last forever. Shortly after seeing this, everything around Luna began to blur and change, now showing what was once a newborn child now starting to grow up. The age of a foal, around nine years old. He was walking home from school with someone else that was a dear friend to him, and when he opened the door, both of them heard a loud bang go off. Loud enough to echo in the distance and pierce their ears. The young child himself thought it was just nothing and saw his father lying up against a wall… thinking he was asleep.

“Dad, I’m home!” He said, trying to get his father’s attention. He was unresponsive, causing the young boy to shake him a couple of times. But what Luna did see that the child didn’t… was the smoking gun along the floor and a note. Stained red. “Dad? Dad, come on, please wake up dad… Dad? Dad!? DAD!?! DAAAAD!!!!!!!”

Luna was speechless. How could someone like him at such a young age go through something that tragic? First, the loss of his mother when he was born and now his father when he was just a child? That was just unheard of… and as she was about to find out, this was before he was originally displaced. Everything had soon zipped past her like it was at the speed of light, leading up to the moment where he no longer was in his world anymore and in an Equestria completely different from the one the Alicorn knew. But there was something that she overheard, something that sounded like the Adept’s own voice.

Before I was originally displaced… I felt as if there was nothing I could do to prevent something horrible from happening. But now… I don’t see my displacement as a burden, but rather as a chance to actually do something. These powers I have and what I have done back in my world has helped me change the lives of many ponies I’ve met,” She heard, seeing images of the Adept in numerous different scenarios, whether it was with somepony he knew or summoned by another person. “Sure, I’m not perfect… Hell, no one is… But at least instead of not being able to do something about it, I can be able to help them. I have met many other displaced that I have become friends with. Those who weren’t forced to work for the Elder Siblings… Not to mention that some of the family that I thought was dead… just happened to be in the same scenario I was in…

For a moment, Luna could see the silhouettes of two individuals. One male and one female as they were semi transparent while Lance was facing away from where Luna was. “I wanted to help Lord Suicune not because I felt as if I had no other choice… but because I make it part of my duty to help whoever is in need. Even if someone doesn’t necessarily ask for it. Because if I can’t help them… then that just reminds me of the times where I wasn’t able to help anyone at all… and I don’t want that to affect who I am now.

“I believe you… Lance Walker, but Lord Suicune is someone I’ve come to know and my sister cares for him deeply. I can’t change his mind about you helping us, only you can, but I’ll support you as best I can,” Luna replied, smiling a little, before she finally left the dreamscape. Not noticing that Lance had a small smile on his face as she left.

In Celestia’s room, both Suicune and her sat beside each other on the bed as her dear friend cried in anger and sadness. She had never seen him in such a state before. This Amaterasu must have been very important to him if he were to react in a manner such as this one. She didn’t want to see him like this, it was just too painful for her and she didn’t know why? Suicune could barely keep it together as he furiously wiped away his tears. “Damn that Displaced for asking that, why the bloody hell did I answer his damn question?”

“Suicune, you shouldn’t blame him for asking… but I have to ask… who was she?” Suicune, could only look at Celestia as she waited for his response. But he trusted her above anyone else with this secret and would be damned if he told anyone else. She was someone he could trust.

“She was the first person I met in the Displaced… she was young, beautiful and had a kind soul unlike most I’ve seen. You could say that she was the one for me, and back than I had different views on reality and cared for anyone who entered the Displaced. But the first war changed everything and because of it, I lost her. And I had barely confessed to her as well,” He soon let out a slight chuckle as he rested his head on the bed. “It’s funny that fate would chose to take her away first… just as I declared my love for her. Soon one by one, everyone I knew had either died in the three wars or had perished of old age. My sister was the last to go and now I’m alone. One of the reasons why I left in the first place.”

Celestia didn’t know how to respond, she felt sorry for him… but she didn’t know how to tell him. It hurt, not just because of how much he lost, but how she wished she could have been there to help him when he needed it. “Suicune… I may not… I wish… Oh, look at me? I can’t even tell you how I can help.” she didn’t want to cry, but she couldn’t help it. Suicune had been through more pain and sorrow then she could ever endure in a millennia.

“Celestia… I know you want to help, but I’m happy here in Equestria. This world is my home and I promise to protect it and everypony here. Especially you Celestia, you’ve been the only one other than those in Ponyville I can count on,” Suicune said, hugging the sun princess, causing her to blush in surprise.

“Suicune, promise me that you’ll stay safe? I don’t want to lose… a friend like you.” She asked. Only leading to her friend to turn to her and say something else in response to the princess.

“I promise.” Celestia wanted to say something, but before she could the sounds of knocking began to come from her door.

“Sister? Are you alright?” Her sister asked, knocking on the door once more.

“Yes… Luna I’m alright… Just needed to speak with Suicune.” She replied back, noticing the look on her face and seeing that there was something… different about Luna. Earlier, she seemed to be very hard on their newfound guest. Now… she seemed different.Is something wrong, Luna?”

“I’ve visited Lance Walker’s dream and I may have… misjudged him for who really was,” Hearing that surprised Celestia a bit, but all it did was make Suicune not want to listen. “He went through a lot… even before he was displaced.”

“Even so, Luna I say that we should send him on his way. He may be here to help, but his world needs him. His heart is in the right place and I can’t have him get involved in this war,” Suicune said, getting off the bed to face the two sisters. “He would be better off back where he was before being Displaced.” That, made Luna shook her head.

“No, he wouldn’t… Lord Suicune, I’m sorry to say this, but from looking in his dreams I found something about him… he has nothing to go back to.” That… only confused the Pokemon as he looked at Celestia before returning his gaze to Luna. “He… doesn’t have anything to go back too. Earth isn’t his home anymore.”

“Then he goes back to whatever world he had come from… No one shall be harmed or involved in this war.” Suicune stated, he knew that the Displaced was stubborn and would do whatever it takes to remain here to fight a fight that isn’t his to begin with.

“He’s not here to bother you. He’s here because he wants to help others… something that he wasn’t able to do on his own beforehand… He wasn’t even able to help out his parents, one of whom killed himself just as he was coming home. Lord Suicune, with all due respect, I saw for myself that this Displaced… this Lance Walker… He is here not because you asked for it, but because he believes that it’s part of his duty to help whoever is in need, even if they don’t necessarily ask for help. He’s doing it because he knows that it’s the right thing to do… and yet, you are calling him foolish just because he just wants to lend a hoof in support.”

“Even so, I know for a fact that he has loved ones somewhere,”

“Not back where he was from originally… I’ve seen his dreams and they are based on his memories… He’s met countless other displaced that aren’t as terrifying or vicious as the ones you described. He’s not selfish or greedy, but kind and generous. You should not judge him so easily,” Luna advised him. “Because he has a lot of strength and power from within.”

“I never said he was selfish or greedy, he doesn’t know what’s coming, and even if his friends are on other worlds than he needs to fight with them. If he doesn’t leave first thing tomorrow then I’ll shall make him,” Suicune declared, causing Celestia to gasp in shock.

“Suicune, you don’t actually plan too…” But before she could finish, Suicune interrupted her and continued on his declaration.

“I can only pray that he’ll listen to reason, and if not then he’ll have to prove to me that can survive in a battle against an Elder Sibling.” Suicune then said to her, noticing a butterfly pass on across the outside of the window as it flew off. The three of them were by themselves for the moment, but as time passed and they returned to the main hall, they soon heard someone else speak to them.

“I apologize for intruding, but could you please clarify on what you mean by making us leave?” It was the same Adept from before at the other end of the hall as he looked back at them. All three of them equally surprised.

“How-?”

“Lumen was flying past your window when she overheard what Lord Suicune said. And from what it seems, he’s just itching to try and get rid of me, one way or another.” Lance then sighed, looking back at him. “Look, I know how much you don’t want me to be here, but I’m here for a reason.”

“Hehehe… Foolishness must run through your family seeing that you keep saying such ridiculous things. You have until tomorrow to leave, and if you don’t… than I shall kill you,” Suicune warned the Adept as he continued to glare.

“Why else do you think Zsoltan had called me here in the first place?” Lance then posed the question. “He could’ve chosen hundreds or many other potential candidates. Why would you think your own student chose me instead of anyone else. You aren’t alone, Lord Suicune. Your apprentice is watching over you and he sent me to help.”

“You have until tomorrow… Oh and if you truly do respect me than you’ll heed my words and take Exuberant with you back to the world you live in, this is my final warning.”

“I do respect you… and I will leave… but only after no more threats will come to try and harm not only you, but also those who care for you. I am not going to run from this, and I will face it. I’ve been through hell and I’ve endured through worse… I don’t quit and I don’t fear anything that comes my way… even death.”

“I guess I was wrong… You’re a bigger fool than I thought. Tomorrow you shall face the consequences of defying me, Lance Walker.”

“I’m an idiot at times, but not a fool… I just know what’s right…” He said, looking back at him. “You may be strong and I respect you for that… but you can’t take on everything alone. There’s nothing wrong with asking for help.” With that, he walked out of the hall and had the doors close behind him.

“We shall see, Lance Walker,”

“I’m not sure you understand… tomorrow I’m going to prove you wrong,” Lance said to himself, heading to his room where Exuberant had been waiting.

“You do know it’s time for bed~” She said, once again being flirty as she laid on the bed.

“This is going to be a long night…” Lumen said. Lance couldn’t agree more. Exuberant right now truly did remind him of his fiance… and he wasn’t quite sure if that was suppose to be good or bad.


The Next Morning

For the rest of the evening, the Adept was barely able to get any sleep at all. He wasn’t sure if it was because of Lord Suicune’s warning or because of the fear of what Exuberant might do to him while he was sleeping, but he still felt as if he needed to be prepared for what today would bring. Granted, the sleep he did get was just enough for him, but now was when he felt that he needed to make sure that he was ready for what was in store for him.

Rising up onto his feet, the Adept walked out of the room where he was originally resting in order to make sure that he was properly equipped and ready for anything. His pistol was locked and loaded and had all the bolt modifications from the day before, which was a relief for him because he thought that Exuberant would take it from him and dismantle everything in order to examine his equipment for science, and everything else he had seemed to be in working order.

However, what he did seem to notice was that the amount of power he had with his lightning had… significantly increased since his encounter with Monster X. He assumed that draining the kaiju dry of his powers added it to his own, but he was a bit unsure on that theory. After all, it was a theory and there was no real proof behind it.

Once everything was ready, he soon stepped out the door and watched the sun rise in the distance. He wasn’t sure when Lord Suicune would arrive, but right now, this was the calm before the storm… and he still needed to be ready even if he took the chance this morning to not feel on edge.

“It seems you chose to ignore my warnings and decided to face me instead,” Lance soon turned to see Lord Suicune, standing at the entrance. “You’d have to be very brave or very stupid to challenge me Lance Walker.”

Soon his eyes began to glow and everything around them began to shift as Lumen and the two Princesses arrive in time to witness this change. The skies colors had changed from a lightish blue to a dark purple and the guards that had surrounded the castle had mysteriously vanished.

“What happened?” Lumen asked, taking in this sudden change of the environment.

“This is known as the void, a separate dimension that is parallel from our own reality,” Luna explained to the breezie. “This is where Celestia and Suicune had their first battle.”

“Well, this is something…” Lance replied, looking around as he stretched his shoulders. The entire city itself was now a ghost town as Suicune, the princesses, Lumen and himself were the only ones inside as he looked back at him. “So what happens now?”

“It’s time for you to learn to never disobey someone who could kill you!” Suicune soon vanished in a blink of an eye and appeared behind the adept, slashing at his back with ice claws and throwing him across the floor. This did little to hurt the adept though… and also put the Pokemon at a bit of a disadvantage. By striking him, his ice claws had an electrical charge stored in it and because of it, allowed for Lance to connect those claws with his septima as he shot out a bolt of lightning that destroyed the claws in a single blast.

“Cheap trick… but clever… though it’s going to take a lot more than that to beat me.” He warned him as more electricity began to radiate off of his body. Letting his power form as he shot off two more bolts before trying to use his speed to quickly get around him.

“I could say the same, but those toys don’t have any effect on me, only a Pokemon’s attack or a member of the Elder Siblings could really harm me with attacks that involve electricity. Also my attack was simply to see you’re endurance. Now that I have an idea I can increase my power just a bit,” Suicune explained as he formed a large sphere of energy from his mouth and fired it at the adept. This time though, the Adept was the one to surprise him… He did not dodge the energy sphere, deflect it, or even counter it.

Instead… he sent it back at his source. The Adept in any training simulation he had put himself through was going over different kind of abilities to use for different scenarios. For this, since it was energy, he was able to figure out the frequency of it’s power and send it directly back at it’s source, catching Suicune off guard.

“Even if I can’t harm you, it’s best for you not to underestimate me… I already gave you a warning… now it’s time for me to get serious as well.” The Azure Striker grinned, adopting a particular fighting stance as his gaze narrowed while looking at Lord Suicune. “Whenever you are ready…”

But what he didn’t know was that the Pokemon he thought was standing there was nothing more than an illusion as it vaporized in the air. Lance looked around to find where he was hiding. But before he knew it he felt an incredible force slam him straight to the ground, cracking the surface on impact. Lord Suicune stood atop of the Azure Striker with a deadly glare as a scratch appeared on his cheek. Soon he lifted him up from his hair and threw him into a build, before tackling him straight through it.

“You should give up while you still can, leave to the world you care for and you won’t have to suffer a painful death. This world is under my protection and the longer you stay, the closer they’ll get to your world,” To his surprise however… the Adept was not in pain, but grinning. “Fine then, I’ll just have try harder to convince you.” Suicune began to slash at his opponent repeatedly with his ice claws.

“You know what’s funny… the fact that you didn’t see that I wanted you to be this close.” Lance smirked, snapping his fingers as a vertical bolt of lightning crashed down from on top of Suicune. Lance had used Crashbolt in order to strike him, but it only worked when his opponent was directly below or above him. With this case, Suicune was above… and in his range as the blast caught him off guard and he used both of his feet to push the Pokemon away. Gaining some distance from him as he recharged his EP gauge for his Septima.

“I’ll admit that you caught me by surprise by that one,” He said, wiping the dust off himself as he cracked his neck, but looked at the Adept who was beginning to take a few steps back, not because of fright, but to try and gain an advantage, but he was oblivious at how truly powerful he was. Of course, that was Suicune’s thoughts on it. “But everything you’ve done is nothing compared to what I can do.”

But for Lance, he knew how strong he was just based on observing yesterday’s encounter, and he had a feeling that he had a lot more in store. However, there is one thing that felt… off. It felt like Suicune was doing this for another reason. Not out of the feeling to beat him… but it seemed as if he was attacking him based on his emotions. There had to be another reason why Suicune was acting this way… and somehow, he needed to snap him out of it. “You know, I bet you can do a lot more if you actually focused your attacks… something else is holding you back. Because if you were being serious, when you pinned me down, you would’ve gone straight for my heart instead of attack in an enraged fury.” He pointed out, surprising both Luna and Celestia as both the Adept and Pokemon are looking at one another.

“It seems you’ve picked up on it, clever but I only did so because Celestia has never seen me kill anyone before, but since you’re asking for me show what I can really do, than I shall show you taste of what I can actually do!” Before he knew it, Suicune was gone in a blur and was struck across the face from the Pokemon and was sent flying across the courtyard. Lance soon landed on his feet, but Suicune stood behind him as his two tails wrapped around him.

“I gave you a choice… and all you can do is be stubborn,” Suicune swung him with speed into a building. Soon he fired another sphere of energy at him. One in which Lance deflected before getting attacked by Suicune once more.

“So you decided to let your emotions blind you from what you need to actually do… That solves everything.” Lance smirked. Even though the amount of damage he had taken would normally kill anyone else, he had a different trick up his sleeve as a light blue glow began to illuminate his body. “Perfect timing, Lumen. Now it gives me a reason to get serious.”

“You were only using 15 percent of your power before and were going to get yourself killed. Why not use all of your Septima?” Lumen questioned.

“Because the power from Monster X I absorbed gave me a power boost. Yet, I was unsure how much of a boost that would be. So I was taking it easy to see what effect it had on my normal attacks before deciding to go full scale,” The Adept explained, electricity surging from him as it combined with that of the azure glow that was around him. “Now that I figured out how much of an increase it is… I can use it to my advantage.” Now, with a quick step, Lance vanished from Suicune’s vision, causing the Pokemon to look around and trying to figure out where he went.

“Impressive speed, but if you think that’ll be enough than I’m afraid that isn’t going to be enough, I’ll let you in on a secret of mine… I haven’t even started to started fighting seriously, you’ve only experienced a little taste of my power. You’ll never come close to even matching 50 percent of my power.” However, just as he said that was when the pokemon was blindsided by an electric punch that sent him flying through a building and into a wall.

“Who the hell cares about percentages anyways? Sure they may change, but what matters more is not how much of a difference it is…” He heard, before he turned to see the Adept directly behind him. “But what you actually do with that difference.” Now was when Lance executed the second of two Spirit Septima’s he had gained. The first was Crashbolt and the second was named Dragonsphere. A lightning sphere that was charged with the Adept’s septima. He knew the attack wouldn’t do much, but his point was to show that he could fight and when he let the sphere detonate, it sent Suicune back a considerable amount of distance. “Because I use both speed and strength in combat.”

Suicune however still stood, unfazed by the attack as he looked at the Azure Striker with a melancholy look, before grinning at him. “I ain’t done just yet Suicune, I’m going to prove to you that I can help you!” Lance, began to charge his Septima once again, drawing in his strength and putting in all of his energy into being able to continue fighting and prove him wrong.

“Then hit me with all your might and I’ll show you that you never stood a chance,” Suicune stated and awaited for Lance’s final attack. The Adept poured every ounce of power he had left into one last attack. He began to think of all the people that were counting on him. Max, Seph, Twilight, her friends, Cody, Aya… Everyone. All the people he knew that were important to him helped him have his power grow as his lightning violently surged as if a storm was around him. He needed to make this count, and he was sure as hell not going to let everyone down.

While his power rushed through him, the Adept burst forward, unleashing a multitude of strike from different angles at blinding speeds. Then with one last attack, he charged and tackled Suicune to the ground while activating one of his skills in the middle of his strike.

Upon activating it, a violent surge of lightning whirled around the Adept as three electric spheres rotated around him, each one exploding on contact with Suicune while the main sphere that surged around him was used to body slam the pokemon into the side of Canterlot castle. He wanted his attack to be true and come from the power within him, so the best way to demonstrate it was to be up close and personal. Which worked… temporarily.

Suicune was unfazed by the attack and managed to pull himself from the castle wall. He had not felt an attack like that for almost two thousand years. He was impressed to say the least, but it was time to put an end to this conflict that this Displaced had started. “I won’t lie to you saying that I hadn’t felt that. Not many have been able to harm since the third war, but as I said to you before you never stood a chance. I shall now show you true power.”

“Bring it on then… I’m not going anywhere.” Lance boldly declared as he stared him down.

“Very well, I gave you a chance, but now you’ll face the consequences,” Without any effort Suicune, appeared in front of the young Adept and used his ice claws to slash at his chest, before freezing his entire body. Unable to do anything Lance could only watch as Suicune’s power began to rise. A small beam of light appeared in front of the Pokemon’s mouth, growing size. “If you truly believe that you are worth of fighting by my side, than you’ll have to survive an attack that only has a fraction of my power!”

Soon the sphere grew to be twice the size of Suicune, increasing in power. The two princesses could only watch in horror as Suicune unleashed his Hyper beam on the Azure Striker. He tried to escape the prison of ice before it could reach impact, but instead, his feet were frozen to the ground and prevented him from moving. The Adept only had one possible chance to pull off a miracle and to do that… he needed to surprise him.

The pokemon watched as the the blast made contact with his opponent. Almost tearing a hole through the wall behind him as it coughed up a cloud of smoke and dust from the impact. Suicune thought that the matter was over and that everything was said and done… Only for him to be proven wrong.

“So are you done going through your emotional turmoil yet or are you going to try and fire more blasts at me again?”

“You call it emotional, but it isn’t. I never cared because in the past I have faced those who had similar abilities like you only to fall or surrender to my power. Now that’s out of the way, I would like to end this quickly if you don’t mind,” Lance soon was blasted repeatedly by small spheres of energy coming from him. But even with the injuries he had, all he did was smirk a little.

“So I survived an attack and you still try to kill me afterwards? I highly see that as fair in my book… But then again… why would you play fair anyways?”

“You intend to keep fighting me… even though you know you can’t win. Why can’t you see that? I promised Celestia that I wouldn’t show my true power, but you’ve left me no choice. If you won’t surrender willingly, then I’ll injure you to the point where you can’t even stand anymore!” Suicune growled as Lance only looked at him unfazed by his words.

“Tch…” The Adept said, trying to regain his footing as his gaze met Suicune’s. “Stick and stones may break my bones, but words like yours will never hurt me… I don’t care what I have to put myself in order for you to actually see the truth. But whatever it is, I will put through whatever pain you give me to keep my promise.”

Suicune could only sigh as he looked down on the ground for a moment, thinking of Celestia’s promise before looking at the Adept once again. “Forgive me, Celestia.”

Soon the Pokemon’s power had once again increased to it’s highest point and in a blink of an eye, Suicune slashed at Lance’s leg, breaking the bone. He cried out in pain before dropping to one knee, coughing up some blood as he looked back at the pokemon before his next attack caused him to fall flat on the ground. Still making an effort to get up, the Adept tried to use his arms to prop himself up. Only to see Suicune’s next attack as he was ready to strike. Suicune did not enjoy making him suffer, but he thought it was the only way for him to see the truth of the true threat that is coming for him.

Next, Suicune used his twin tails to grab hold of one of Lance’s arm and dislocate it before blasting him in the chest with an aurora beam. Lance was laying on the ground in pain, as tears appeared on his cheeks, for a moment Suicune thought he had seen the light only for Lance to kick him with his other leg. “Foolish child, why don’t you just give up!”

“I don’t… I don’t quit, I don’t give up and I don’t run. True I make mistakes… everyone does… but I’m not a coward,” The Adept coughed again, more blood dripping forth as he glared at Lord Suicune. “Besides… if you really wanted to kill me… you would’ve already done so.”

“I have been taking it easy on you, Lance Walker, but I think it’s time for me to end this once and for all. I’ve had enough of you constantly refusing to be with the ones you care about! It makes me sick that you’d chose to help me over your family!!”

“Then what do you think your Celestia would think if you just murdered someone who was only wanting to help you. Because by helping you… I can make sure that my family will be safe as well…” He boldly stated. It was the last straw that was needed to enrage Suicune as another hyper beam appeared from him, ready to fire at a moment's notice. That was, until a figure stood between the Pokemon and the Azure Striker.

“Suicune, this has gone on long enough!!” Celestia shouted as she stood over Lance in a protective stance, wings flared out as she glared at the confused Pokemon.

“Celestia stand aside, Now!” Suicune demanded, but the Sun Diarch would not stand down as she stepped closer to the Pokemon.

“This isn’t right and you know it, Suicune. He can’t defend himself anymore, so why must this continue? Would you be willing to hurt me to get to him?” She asked. Tears began to form in her eyes as Suicune still was determine to end it.

“He would chose to abandon his family, just to help someone he doesn’t even know! Please don’t make me do this to you?”

“My decision is final, I won’t let you take his life. This isn’t the Suicune I’ve come to know! What happened to the one who had compassion towards children, who was willing to defend the innocent from threats? Where’s that Suicune I’ve come to care for?!” She shouted as tears began to stream down her cheeks, as Suicune began to see just how much pain he had caused to the one he cared for the most. The hyper beam he had charged up began to dissipate, as Celestia embraced him.

“I’m… sorry I didn’t want it to come this far, Celestia. Please forgive me?” He begged as he began to cry as well. The only other person he had come to care for was crying because of him. Even though the battle was over, Lance still feared that Suicune would kill him for not leaving his home.

“Uh… Excuse me…? I-i don’t mean to ruin the emotional moment but… Please help Lance!! H-he’s my friend and I don’t want to be without him! He and I are more than just partners… He’s like family to me. Like a brother I never had.” Lumen asked, he was hesitant, but as promised Lance survived his assaults to the very end and agreed to let him help for what it’s worth.

Suicune approached the injured Azure Striker, still upset that he would be so stubborn to help an old fool like him. “Don’t make me regret this… Gunvolt.” Soon a blue flame appeared from his paw, shocking the Adept about this ability he had. Soon the flame consumed his body, healing his body of all the wounds he had before, but still the pain of the flames stung as he was able to stand on both feet once again.

“I… thought you… could only use… Water type abilities?” Lance then asked, confused a little at what Suicune was able to do.

“In the Displaced… anything is possible… even magic. After all, you demonstrated something similar like me. The only difference is that I’ve learned abilities one can only dream of having,” Suicune stated, leaving the Adept in place as he walked towards Celestia and Luna. “I shall return us back to our dimension now.”

Soon the sky’s color returned back to it’s normal blue color as the guards that surrounded the castle returned. Even all the buildings that had been destroyed were repaired. Like nothing happened at all. Lance could only sigh in relief as Lumen grabbed the side of his head, wailing.

“Lumen, it’s okay. We’re back now.” He assured her, looking back to the pokemon as he walked on over to them. Despite everything that had happened, he still had a feeling that Suicune would be stubborn like before. But, that thought quickly changed once he heard the Pokemon speak to him.

“I know you plan on staying, but why get involved in a fight that isn’t even your own? I’ve endured thousands of years worth of war and sorrow and yet you treat like it’s nothing… tell me what is it that makes you like that?” He asked, turning towards the Adept with curiosity.

“I’ve always thought of protecting those around me… using the powers I have been given to assist and help others when in need. To do what’s right… and sometimes, the best way to protect those I care for is to stop the threat before it even reaches them.” He told him, looking back at Suicune. “When I agree to help other people, it’s a promise. A commitment that I do not break. Something I see all the way until the end and not stop halfway. I promised Zsoltan that I would help you… and I never go back on my promises.”

“It seems you and I have one thing in common, something that you’ve reminded me today, so as thanks I shall teach you one ability I know and something that will help you right now.” Suicune said, as both Celestia and him gave the Adept a sly grin.

“Something… in common? Zsoltan mentioned the same thing, but never told me what that was,” The Adept replied. “I’m… a bit curious to know what it is?”

“Well one, it has something to do with what remains of your clothing… I suggest you get some new attire, before she sees you,” It was funny that he had mentioned that as a few moments later, the outfit that he had on soon began to repair itself slowly.

“Funny thing is, Radiance in my world, or who you may know as Rarity made this outfit. It’s strong enough to outlast anything and if it is torn apart, it can restore itself since it’s synched with my Septima.” Just as he finished that, he looked back at Suicune and smiled. “As you were saying?”

“I would check again if I was you… My ice claws can cancel magical objects or natural abilities that objects possess … it shouldn’t be long until those begin to undo themselves… Also I would avoid Exuberant if I were you… I take you’ve already figured this out… but she’s very perverted.”

“It’s not magic,” The Adept deadpanned, sighing a little at his comment afterwards. “Also, I noticed… and truth be told, she really is reminding me of my fiance… and I’m not sure it that’s suppose to be a good thing-.” Just when he said that though, he felt a pair of robotic arms wrap around him as he fell face flat on the ground. With Exuberant being behind him.

“Looks like you and I get to spend the day together since you're staying now~!” She cheerfully spoke as Lance slowly got up.

“Greeeeeat.” He groaned sarcastically, before looking to Suicune. “How am I supposed to break the news to her that I’m going to get married?”

“She’ll either separate you or join you two… she’s perverted as I said,” He whispered to him as Celestia joined them.

“I may only know her from stories he told me about, but I’ve heard she never takes no for an answer.” Celestia added, as Suicune nodded in agreement.

“Yeah… I hate to break it to you, but I’m part of an open relationship so…” The Adept said, sighing a little before saying something else. “I’m marrying two people… and the families already big enough as it is.”

“Good luck telling her that… she’s done this in the past, but I have a feeling she’s going to be stuck with you till the day you die. And I get a front row seat to see this to the end… hehehe,” Suicune, Celestia and Luna laughing as they left the two alone as he turned to try and see where Lumen was… and found her talking with Exuberant.

What happened next was something the adept really did not want to deal with right now. “He’s WHAT!?!!”

“Dammit Lumen!!”


End Strike 44

PreviousChapters Next